Total: 47
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
Antisemitism has a long history, specially in Europe but also in the US.

Thomas Sowel gives a very simple explanation for that: "...the answer is that they not only succeed, they succeed in a way which is a threat to the egos of other people..."

Do you also think the source of antisemitism is the envy for the jew?
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
Why would someone envy a Jew? For thousands of years, they had virtually no success on the battlefield. In fact, Jews were losing wars all the time throughout history. The only reason Israel exists today is because US created it and then fed it 1 trillion dollars of US goods.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@Best.Korea
what hustory book are you reading? Was it written by Iran?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Public-Choice
Yes, it was written by Iran.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
We hate the Japanese government for release chemically-polluted water into the ocean, we don't hate the Japanese folks for it. We hate Isayama, but for other reasons external of this one.

The same goes for Israel. If you blame anything, blame the education that makes them hate anyone who disagrees with Judaism.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
Why would someone envy a Jew? For thousands of years, they had virtually no success on the battlefield. In fact, Jews were losing wars all the time throughout history. The only reason Israel exists today is because US created it and then fed it 1 trillion dollars of US goods.
The US likes them, the entire capitalist world likes them. People envying Jews probably are seeking wealth rather than world domination.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
I hate China, by the way.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
Can you just please stop derailing your own conversations. We both know that is irrelevant.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yes. It is irrelevant. Thats why I say it.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

John 10:31-42

31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
It's clear to us that you've never been close to a jewish community and you've never read anything about the jewish history. 😁
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
Good. Its good that its clear to you. Whats also good is alcohol.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Intelligence_06
We hate the Japanese government for release chemically-polluted water into the ocean, we don't hate the Japanese folks for it. We hate Isayama, but for other reasons external of this one.
I thought you the chinese hate the japanese for what they did you during the second world war which was really cruel.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I thought you the chinese hate the japanese for what they did you during the second world war which was really cruel
You should read about Mao if you are after cruel.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
I know what Mao did, but I'm not talking about this filthy communist.

I guess you the Koreans hate the japanese as well. Am I right?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I wish I was born in Japan. In Japan, people have enough decency not to eat dogs after boiling them alive. China and Korea are shitholes. Chinese people are also liars, so I wouldnt put much faith in Chinese claims of Japanese crimes.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@FLRW
John 10:31-42

31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— 
It's also said that jews were hated because people who are very religious, specially in the past, accused them of having killed Jesus the Christ. However, that sounds like an excuse because the jews are a very closed community  that barely mingle with common people. I think isolating themselves from the rest is another way to be hated. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I didnt know that you were a Jew.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Infected definition:

"affected with a disease-causing organism."
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@Intelligence_06
That sounds anti jew. A conspiracy is made to tell us they hate us? Yeh you are seperating them from us immediately. Thats racism. 
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@IlDiavolo
Majority of racism stems from the person who is doing the "hate." They are taught or try to put their own pieces together from ignorant sources. There really is no practical reason for it. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@IlDiavolo
lol no. Jews are hated because they suck babies blood and deny Christ
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Success breeds envy and contempt.

And discrimination based upon perceivable difference is a default survival strategy.

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@IlDiavolo
From what I have read, it stems from a refusal to adopt and integrate into the dominant religion, which has caused resentment historically. On top of that, Jews were basically cornered into lending money for usury, which caused further resentment along with scapegoating. Finally, as Sowell says, Jews tend to soldier on and prosper no matter what obstacles their enemies put in their way, which causes yet more resentment— by way of envy.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Success breeds envy and contempt.

And discrimination based upon perceivable difference is a default survival strategy.
Double reason to discriminate the jews. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@cristo71
On top of that, Jews were basically cornered into lending money for usury, which caused further resentment along with scapegoating. 
Actually, the lending business of the jews is the result of the discrimination on them. I kind of remember that the jews were banned to commerce and do certain kind of activities, so in order to survive they started to lend money which was even more profitable and also more problematic for them.

I've got to add too that jews were also accused of being the creators of communism. Karl Marx was a jew and the father of communism, and Lenin had jewish roots, but I don't know if this was enough for Hitler to consider the communism as a jewish creation.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@IlDiavolo
Actually, the lending business of the jews is the result of the discrimination on them. I kind of remember that the jews were banned to commerce and do certain kind of activities, so in order to survive they started to lend money which was even more profitable and also more problematic for them.
Yes, this is precisely what I was getting at.

I've got to add too that jews were also accused of being the creators of communism. Karl Marx was a jew and the father of communism, and Lenin had jewish roots, but I don't know if this was enough for Hitler to consider the communism as a jewish creation.
A good point!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
We discriminate against everyone.

And we have a tendency to be jealous and envious of those who are more successful.

And then we assume that because some Jews are successful, then all Jews are to be reviled.

Last time we were swept along in a similar wave of anti-Jewish sentiment up to 6 million people were murdered.

25 days later

FLRW
FLRW

Why are we still talking about religion 4.6 billion years after the Earth was formed?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
it's older than that: