Question for Trump Supporters

Author: Double_R

Total: 252
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Republicans: Ah Luv God an Trump. Them both like to rape 13 year olds.

Oh, never mind, a civil suit against Donald Trump alleging he raped a 13-year-old girl was dismissed in California .
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
Saying he's a comedian doesn't negate that he's a fascist. Fascists are often very charasmatic, it's nearly impossible to get large groups of people to hand power over to you without that.
How is he fascist? I mean he's not the smartest guy, in the world, but he's also not the most evil. 

Any thoughts on the examples/questions I brought up in the op
 Trump calling his political advasaries vermin
I could find countless of examples of multiple presidents, and other calling each other many names. 
Trump is a character to say the least. He needs to watch his tongue sometimes, but he's not a fascist because of that. 

and his behind the scenes plan to rid the government of all civil servants and replace them with loyalists who will do whatever he wants.
You mean all the corruption that is in the federal government right now? 
Yes, he is going to fire all of them. 
And that is a smart idea. 

And no, they won't be people loyal to him. They will be people loyal to the government. 

calling for the execution of a top general over charges of not obeying his presidential will
Show me. 

encouraging police to shoot shoplifters on the spot, not to mention January 6th
Again, example.

Also, January 6th? Really? Thats the best you've got?

How about the countless other protests at an in the capital just recently, held by democrats. 
Just to name a few
Not to mention the fact that on January 6th, only one person died, and it had nothing to do with the rioters, and was a heart attack. 
And the fact that there is video surveillance of officers in the capital letting the protesters in the doors without stopping them, and actually leading them around the capital like a tour. 

Also, not to mention the prosecution to hold Trump accountable for that was thrown out, because of the absurdity of that claim. 
So, not your best argument. 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So why did he walk away in 2020? I don't think he magically became any different up to now, so there's no reason to predict anything different.
I have explained this multiple times already, you clearly don't pay attention but what the hell I'll waste my fingers yet again...

He walked away in 2020 because he failed to gain the support of the institutions that would be tasked with removing him. These institutions include the secret service, the DOJ, the military, etc. What will be different in a second Trump term is that he will only install loyalists to lead these agencies from the start and purge them of any staffers who do not share that sentiment.

And this isn't hyperbole or made up. The heritage foundation is already putting together a database of Trump loyalists to choose for government positions and Jenna Ellis has already shared under oath that Trump's plan was to stay in power regardless of what happened. He didn't leave because that was the right thing to do, he left because he lost the battle to stay in power. But he learned from his mistakes, just as Hitler and Putin did their first times around. You act as if those is unprecedented or even unusual in recent human history, it's not. Anyone who understands basic political science and history understand all of this.

Trump dealing with fake charges started in 2016, not 2020, so it's not like that changed either.
There were never any serious fake charges, that's just another bullshit right wing lie that you repeat over and over again because you can't defend it with actual logic and facts.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I've heard that argument before...something about the ends justifying the means?
*Sigh*

No, not even close.

The argument is that if you bother to read/listen to his entire point in context, you easily recognize that it was a poor choice if words, not a call for violence.

The same logic applies to Trump's January 6th speech where he said to "peacefully" march down to the capitol.

The through line is that context in language does matter, it is a very important part of how we communicate with other people. In the first example, the traditional usage of the word "eliminate" is the part that doesn't fit with the rest. In Trump's case, "peacefully" does not fit with the rest of his speech. When a small peice of someone's statement/speech doesn't fit, the rational reaction and simplest explanation is that the person speaking used a poor choice of words in that instance (intentionally or not).
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
There were never any serious fake charges...
So the now thoroughly debunked Russiagate and the 2x failed impeachments were not serious? good to know.

More recently, a great many of the fake charges brought to court failed by getting thrown out or failed in their purpose of getting Trump off the ballot in time for the election. But yes, it was never serious.

What will be different in a second Trump term is that he will only install loyalists to lead these agencies from the start and purge them of any staffers who do not share that sentiment.
Again, you have to believe he purposefully didn't want loyal people there to begin with in 2016. That's one hell of a presumption. And an even bigger one to think he suddenly became more competent over the years.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And no, they won't be people loyal to him. They will be people loyal to the government. 
And loyal to the donor class lobbyists that run the government. Trump firing them will just be a promotion to the lobby sector. That's not a fight any elected official can win, especially Trump. As long as we have an electorate that is OK and tolerant with the current lobbyist oligarchy, Trump won't be able to do anything more than he didn't do in 2016.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Ok J6 was condemned by every major right wing figure as well, so what is your point?
 Are you being serious? There are certainly some prominent right wing figures that openly condemn January 6th (just spare a moment for how ridiculous it is that that is a statement deserving of having to give them credit), but even if every other right wing figure condemned it you know who hasn't? The only one that really matters, the standard bearer and clear leader of the party.

I'm sure you will no doubt search the archives and dig up some quote that he said at some point condemning it but that's because he talks out of both sides of his mouth on every issue. If you look at what he has advocated for it becomes blatantly obvious how he feels about it. He's called them political prisoners, called for their immediate release, rants at every political rally about how unfairly their being treated, and is campaigning on pardoning them. Do not pretend Trump (the actual subject of this thread) does in fact condemn what they did.

If you want to talk about fascism, historically fascists were not fans of the police and you only have to look at the beer hall putsch to see that. In fact it is ONLY cuckservatives who brag about their love of pigs.
Fascists love police when they're on their side and hate them when they're not. That fits Trump and his supporters precisely.

When the BLM riots were going on, the right loved the police.

When they were defending the US Capitol, they were a bunch of scumbags.

It has nothing to do with ideology, it's about power, plain and simple.

The Smiths was ONE example of the various approvals that leftists took of a very coherent attack by a group on Thacthers life.
It's a terrible example. It's happened almost 40 years ago, centers around a foreign audience, and the catalysts were a band with no clear political ideology. You label them and the people who supported this as leftists with no tie to left wing ideology other than that they opposed her, and most importantly, this example has no tie to fascism. Fascism is in part about using violence to achieve a political end. What was the end game here? What was the strategy?

This is entirely irrelevant, and yet another example of justifying one's worldview by latching onto anything one can find with similarities and just ignoring the key differences in order to claim two different things are the same.

Trump was just pointing out pelosis hyprocritical stance on walls because one random luny broke in.
Right, Trump was talking about walls and immigration, and it just didn't occur to him that joking about his political opponent's spouse having his head smashed in with a hammer by one of his own supporters might come across as a nod to other supporters that he's ok with that sort of thing.

And we'll also ignore the fact that the joke came at the end of his little comedy bit where he began by questioning what was going on been those two and jokingly acknowledging that he should stop because his words will be perceived as inappropriate.

Cause you know, I'm sure you really, sincerely, actually believe that.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
his behind the scenes plan to rid the government of all civil servants and replace them with loyalists who will do whatever he wants.
Can you substantiate this with actusl direct quotes from Trump limked to the original speeches/social media posts etc. that he made them in?

The Left keeps saying this but nobody has actually provided a direct quote (with the source linked) proving this.

This comes in the wake of Trump mocking the brutal attack on the husband of a political rival Trump has rhetorically attacked many times before, calling for the execution of a top general over charges of not obeying his presidential will, and encouraging police to shoot shoplifters on the spot, not to mention January 6th. There is of course, so much more I could mention but I'd be here all day.
Once again, can you actually provide the original quotes with the source for these claims? I haven't heard about any of this at all, and I've been closely following the news all this week.

Do you believe Trump is a fascist and/or an authoritarian? Yes or No?
No. Fascists and authoritarians don't decline to investigate their political rivals when given the chance like what Trump did with Hillary.

Fascists and authoritarians also don't concede after losing elections and transfer power over... because they rig the elections so they can't lose in the first place.

Fascists and authoritarians also don't greatly scale back the regulatory state and prefer to go with an antifederalist governmental system to initiate reforms.

So yeah. I don't think Trump is a fascist or an authoritarian.

I know you didn't want to make this about Biden so I'll be extremely brief here, but Biden has investigated and charged the opposition, has grestly increased the regulatory scope of the government, and has literally used the FBI to track down his personal effects like his daughter's journal and to cover up his son's illegal drug usage and working as a foreign agent.

For the life of me I don't understand why Trump is everyone on the Left's biggest threat, and not the guy who is literally acting like a fascist. Anyways.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Public-Choice

Trump lays out plan to fire civil servants and replace them with loyalists

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I can't believe you bought what Trump said. Most people learned by now.

Strange that only Democrats believe his lies now.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Double_R
He's called them political prisoners, called for their immediate release, rants at every political rally about how unfairly their being treated, and is campaigning on pardoning them. 
1. They are objectively political prisoners, is he wrong?
2.He has only called for the release of those who did nothing wrong, who were the majority
3.He has (correctly) noted how harsh the sentences are some for some of these prisoners as well as the fact that some are being locked up without a charge.

Fascists love police when they're on their side and hate them when they're not. That fits Trump and his supporters precisely.

When the BLM riots were going on, the right loved the police.

When they were defending the US Capitol, they were a bunch of scumbags.

It has nothing to do with ideology, it's about power, plain and simple.
Few cops were actually attacked at the US Capitol, and again those who actually entered the building and committed the acts of "violence" by which there were barely any, were the very small minority that attended the rally. 

Don't act like the left doesn't support cops when it helps them either. All of a sudden they love the capitol police.

and the catalysts were a band with no clear political ideology.
Yeah I stopped there. You don't know what you're talking about. Period. Morrissey was overtly political and exerted influence. He clearly celebrated political violence. End of story.

Right, Trump was talking about walls and immigration, and it just didn't occur to him that joking about his political opponent's spouse having his head smashed in with a hammer by one of his own supporters might come across as a nod to other supporters that he's ok with that sort of thing.
Because it didn't come across as that. You are reading way too much into my good friend.

I am sorry you dont get trump humor. Not my fault
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@FLRW
Trump's (alleged) quote:

We need to make it much easier to fire rogue bureaucrats who are deliberately undermining democracy or at a minimum just want to keep their jobs,
Assuming this is the actual quote, since your source doesn't actually link to a transcript or video of the speech, what do you have against firing rogue bureaucrats who arw delibrrately undermining democracy? Would you rather have corrupt bureaucrats instead of honest ones?

This doesn't really fit what I asked for. I asked for the actual source of the quote so I can listen to it from Trump himself, not a media snippet.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
He walked away in 2020 because he failed to gain the support of the institutions that would be tasked with removing him. These institutions include the secret service, the DOJ, the military, etc.
This was all based on unconfirmed sources. We have no tangible evidence this even happened.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@FLRW
From your article:

Sources close to former President Trump say he would immediately reimpose his "Schedule F" executive order if he takes back the White House in the 2024 presidential elections, Axios' Jonathan Swan reports.
Which sources? Who are they? Why should I believe them?

The "reports" links to an article which starts by saying:
Former President Trump’s top allies are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his "America First” ideology, people involved in the discussions tell Axios.
Ah, more anonymous sources.

How can I verify this? What proof do they offer? Is there a memo? A phone recording? A photo of the meeting? Of course not, because those would be facts. We can't have those now can we.

I mean, Axios' reporting is so lazy they didn't even link to the alleged Schedule F executive order despite it being readily available in the Trump White House archives.

Once again, not delivering what I asked for. I want an actual original source. I want to hear or read the statement myself, in its context.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Did you get bamboozled again by MSM? You should be more skeptical.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Public-Choice
I mean, Axios' reporting is so lazy they didn't even link to the alleged Schedule F executive order despite it being readily available in the Trump White House archives.

It's not lazy, it's deliberate phishing sites masquerading as news to get gullible people to click on their sponsored links....
FLRW
FLRW

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW

RIP Biden.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Putin must be ecstatic !
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW

Rip Biden.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Donald Trump “admired” Vladimir Putin's ability to kill anyone he wanted, according to his former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
It's too bad Obama didn't admire Biden, otherwise you could be proud of him.

And I would trust Obama over Grisham any day of the week, because I am skeptical.

It's also a shame more people hate Biden than Trump currently, but it must be particularly vexing for those who wasted so much time defending Biden; as so many on this site have done. Putin welcomes your downfall.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah I agree. But it is still lazy reporting.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Uh great, 4 more years of Trump screwing everything. Well, at least Putin will be happy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
You better go hit the streets for Gavin if you really want to stick it to Putin.

Because people know Putin is the only real person in charge of USA affairs at this point. </sarcasm>

Actually, the polls say nobody really cares about Putin. But the low effort trolling will surely help Trump and hurt Biden.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Biden can win. People need to realize that Biden is still better than Trump. Americans just need to realize that we dont want 2016-2021 again. What we want is future. Biden is the future.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Biden is his own worst enemy. It's his election to lose, and he is currently losing badly.

Among Democrats, more Democrats polled would vote for any Democrat vs Trump than Biden vs Trump.

The disaster is real. Him taking a side in Israel and not enforcing a cease fire is just the kamikaze sword thrust.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
 I blame the media. Media overreacted with Biden's health. The country was going fine. Economy was growing. The media screwed up everything by giving attention to Russia and Palestine, and the nonsense about Biden's health. I hope you guys like Trump a lot, because you certainly deserved him!
sadolite
sadolite
I have a question for Trump supporters, What's your thanksgiving day menu? I am making roasted chicken, BBQ ribs, Cajun shrimp sautéed in butter, stuffing, corn on the cob, mashed potato's and gravy, sweet potato's, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and grands biscuits. Non supporters can also chime in on their menu or bitch and complain about whatever.

Disclaimer: This post in no way  endorses any political candidate now or in the future.