This site is disappointing

Author: Analgesic.Spectre

Total: 109
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Nah, I still maintain it's not cool to go around judging people's whole lives from nothing but a few internet posts. And sorry, but come on, you could spot my quirkiness from Pluto. Anyone could see it. I don't think it really proves special skill in judgment of character.

Cassie is noted.

RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
I don't need to answer any of that and I won't. I know the answer to why bish wants acceptance from who he wants it from but it's neither nice nor logical.

Zeichen
Zeichen
@Analgesic.Spectre

> argues that the site is lacking worthwhile discussion and an intellectual user base 

> claims to care nothing about the site 

If you have no interest in the development of Dart, why is it of any importance to you whether it is “disappointing” or not? Surely, only one can be disappointed in something if they have an interest in it to begin with?

Not caring = no potential for disappointment. 

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Castin
You don't know what you're talking about. You recieved some photoshopped images from bsh1 claiming what I said was false and don't have a high enough IQ to realize that image manipulation is a thing, and besides thay it was inappropriate on several levels. Tabula Rasa voting implies that almost any strategy confined to inside the rounds of a debate is permissable, even if I am wrong on that point it is up to the judges to punish me not a moderator. Besides that it is not a personal attack, and even if you are dumb enough to think it's a personal attack bsh1 said we have a free pass to make personal attacks on him. I don't think you have the ability to mod. You were chosen as a mod because you are well liked and don't make any waves. The type of people who wanted you as a mod are the type of people who voted Jimmy Carter into office.  There are certain qualities you lack, that make you a person incapable of modding or any position that requires the use of your brain in high stress non specialty related positions. You lack critical thinking skills for example. Which is why you would never be able to win a debate against a competent opponent (who is behaving in a competent manner) in front of competent judges. Do me a favor Castin. Take an official IQ test not An online one but one performed by a psychologist or actually any test accepted by the triple 9 society, and publicly post the results. I just want you to post your number compared to what the average user here has. I predict you are a 115 at most, and that is being generous. Most of the people you are trying to moderate hover at around 130 but go up much higher. You just aren't fit to moderate these people. These people mostly would do a vetter job than you out of the gate. They know to respect the spirit of the COC while you will interpret the COC (because of low IQ) to mean things are violations of it, merely because you find something a certain level of distastefulness to you. I just hope to god that IRL you don't have a job that requires critical thinking skills which influences the lives of others. Please tell me you are not a nurse or a judge or are even at a counter in the DMV. Please for the love of God stay away from careers that would put you in that capacity

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Castin
You are most likely  a moron. The voting on the debate is what is modsrated on a moderated debate. Not the content. You can't possibly be so low IQ you thought moderated/unmoderated debates were seperated by content moderation. Or are you that dumb and actually thought that? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wylted, you dont understand that IQ and even intelligence is only one of many facets that are useful to a community and persona.

Castin is one of the single most valuable members of the site, you don't understand the value of social-gel members until you lose them and the other grate brutally.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre

This isn't helping the website, in the long run. The website needs quality content, in order to survive. Merely having a whole lot of posts full of drama doesn't generate quality content. In fact, you're likely going to scare the potentially quality posters away, because they won't be interested in soap operas.

Having a little bit of drama is fine. Inundating the site with it is not.
Right now we should be focusing short-term and how to help the site now versus later. I am sure we will develop long-term strategies to help, but now we need short-term drama to increase activity so people can find our site and see what's going. Eventually intellectuals will flood within forums. Also
DebateArt.com subforum is just news and drama. Deep stuff is found throughout the website if you look hard enough
Before you joined DDO, there used to be quality content at a semi-regular pace. Sure, there was drama and bs. But there was sufficient quality content that people of intellectual merit would wait around for it.

I'm not looking for hope, either. People were hopeful DDO wouldn't die. Now look at it. We need results.

Also, I haven't seen enough of your posts to determine whether what you write is worthwhile.
I know there used to be intellectuals, for I read some of their stuff. Like I said, the active members who immigrated here were not really "intellectuals," they were people who were close and passionate about DDO and wanted to come to DART. We need these people more than intellectuals. Intellectuals don't stay too long on the site and eventually leave. We need loyal, active members. Soon we will see a bunch of new members come to DDO.
I don't know if it was bsh that banned me (I actually doubt it). I think it was before he was a mod. But yes, from what I can tell (not a whole lot tbh), bsh seems to be doing a great job.
Depends when you got banned
I'm fairly certain bsh isn't the only mod. I'm referring to the incompetent mod who banned me before.
There were really no other mods minus Mike
Lol I don't need to talk to anyone, as if I need to rant. I made clear points on why this site is disappointing, and that's all that needs to be seen. This has less to do with "my experience", and more to do with the health of the entire site.
I was just saying if you ever wanna talk intellectually that you could...I ain't a therapist

Vader
Vader
-->
@Raltar
It is better to be leniant and let stuff happen that to be overly restricitve

Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
-->
@Vader
It is better to be leniant and let stuff happen that to be overly restricitve
I would possibly agree with that, and favor "less moderation" in general... IF the moderators were willing to grant individual users more control over how they interact with the site and other users.

For example, if the blocking feature were beefed up so that it does more than simply stop private messages and @ing on the forums. Or if they allowed us to disable/control the comment sections of our debates. Unfortunately, they have been highly resistant to these ideas when I've presented them in the past.

So you can either;

1. Have a very open-ended website where anyone can do anything with no restrictions placed by other users, but the moderators step in quickly when there is a problem.

or...

2. Have a very structured website where users can control and limit their own content, as well as block unwanted interference with said content.

What you can't do is have the open-ended website where the moderators allow someone to break the same rule repeatedly for several months before meekly slapping them with a two-day temp ban that tosses the entire community into a drama frenzy. I think you should see the flaw in this system as well as anyone, considering you are mad at someone who did exactly this.

And as I've said elsewhere, this site can't both be a life support system for the last dying vestiges of the DDO community and attract new users at the same time. You can't let former DDO trolls run amok and not expect anyone else who comes along to assume this place is run by the inmates at the aslyum.

spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
I love you.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Ah, quit yer whinging and let it go, Wyl. Goodness. Why does there have to be so much drama. You actually confessed to me and others. There's no point pretending there was any doubt in that case. And btw, it's really time to put away this illusory myth that I am particularly well liked. So if you're going around thinking I'm dumb but popular you need to reduce that to just dumb, mkay.

I don't really blame you for the hate, though. I'd prolly hate me too, getting banned is no picnic. And I know you're going through some things right now. I definitely wasn't trying to make that worse for you. Heck, ignore my first sentence -- if having a go at my IQ and competence provides an outlet or is therapeutic for you in any way, then hit the gas. Trash dat bitch. Let me know if you need assistance. Like maybe a list of my top three stupidest mistakes irl.
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Castin
But do you think this promotes the kind of intellectual, worthwhile, deep, and drama free discourse you're talking about in your OP? Or the shallow, petty, drama-ridden, drive-by sort of flamewar you also describe. 
Ffs. I have ROUTINELY said in this thread, as well as in the OP, that a little bit of drama and other low quality content is okay, because it helps to keep the site interesting. Do you struggle to read what others write? Perhaps this is why I don't remember you engaging in any debates. I couldn't be clearer with my position on this.

Nah, I still maintain it's not cool to go around judging people's whole lives from nothing but a few internet posts. And sorry, but come on, you could spot my quirkiness from Pluto. Anyone could see it. I don't think it really proves special skill in judgment of character.
And I can also spot some other traits of other users perhaps not from Pluto, but certainly Mars or Venus. I'm clearly not judging their whole lives, when I say that their posts are garbage lol. I don't need to know your whole backstory, to see that you've struggled to respond to what I've actually wrote in my posts. You're making the argument that you have to know every, single detail about a person, before you can judge anything they do -- an insane stance.

Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Vader
Right now we should be focusing short-term and how to help the site now versus later. I am sure we will develop long-term strategies to help, but now we need short-term drama to increase activity so people can find our site and see what's going. Eventually intellectuals will flood within forums. Also
DebateArt.com subforum is just news and drama. Deep stuff is found throughout the website if you look hard enough
If you ask people why they joined DDO, you'll often find it was because of an interesting debate or discussion. For me, it was that famous JKenyon vs. Danielle debate: (https://www.debate.org/debates/On-balance-capitalism-is-more-humanitarian-than-communism./1/). I hadn't quite seen people write like this before, and I didn't know a thing about debating, but that's what got me onto the site -- quality, thought-provoking content.

You find me a single person who came to DDO for the drama, and you'll quickly find out that he/she is a worthless troll.

I know there used to be intellectuals, for I read some of their stuff. Like I said, the active members who immigrated here were not really "intellectuals," they were people who were close and passionate about DDO and wanted to come to DART. We need these people more than intellectuals. Intellectuals don't stay too long on the site and eventually leave. We need loyal, active members. Soon we will see a bunch of new members come to DDO.
Lol dude. It sounds like you want a Habbo hotel/Runescape hangout. I've already expressed why that's a bad idea, but whatever. If this site turns into that, you'll see why it's a bad idea.

I was just saying if you ever wanna talk intellectually that you could...I ain't a therapist
Right okay lol.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@spacetime
I love you.
Who doesn't? ;)

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Who doesn't? ;)
Me.

Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@keithprosser
Oh sorry. I was speaking about important people.

We'll get to you later.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@keithprosser
Amen to that (yes, this is irony as we both hate Christianity).

Vader
Vader
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre

If you ask people why they joined DDO, you'll often find it was because of an interesting debate or discussion. For me, it was that famous JKenyon vs. Danielle debate: (https://www.debate.org/debates/On-balance-capitalism-is-more-humanitarian-than-communism./1/). I hadn't quite seen people write like this before, and I didn't know a thing about debating, but that's what got me onto the site -- quality, thought-provoking content.

You find me a single person who came to DDO for the drama, and you'll quickly find out that he/she is a worthless troll.
Your right. The sole goal of DART is for intellectuals to combine and discuss things. You don't think with a mixing pot of religions, cultures, political views, etc, we wouldn't have shit on the site. It is part of us humans is to stir drama and be passion. Again, I am not saying "all drama is good". I am saying little drama or stuff that gets the site going will not hurt it in the future. Excessive extreme drama will tear down the site. Some little beef won't harm anyone
Lol dude. It sounds like you want a Habbo hotel/Runescape hangout. I've already expressed why that's a bad idea, but whatever. If this site turns into that, you'll see why it's a bad idea.
I don't want a toxic environment like Hotel Hideaway(made by people who made Habbo) or Habbo where the main rules are Drama, Drama, and DramaAlert. I don't want no drama and have little to no activity. I want something that fuels activity like a bit of drama and more intellectual stuff. Right now that isn't where the community is that bc of DDO migration. it will in a year. be patient
Right okay lol.
You obviously don't like me lol I could care less
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
I mock people when I don't think they're worth my time. Not everyone is susceptible to logic and reason. Some people are ideological zealots, of which are never going to consider alternative points of view. It's not my modus operandi to mock and humiliate everyone I encounter (just search for all the threads I've made), but the best tool against zealotry is ridicule.

I also match the tone of my interlocutor. If he/she starts flinging insults, I'll match them with interest. No point in bringing logic to a mud-slinging match.
But do you think this promotes the kind of intellectual, worthwhile, deep, and drama free discourse you're talking about in your OP? Or the shallow, petty, drama-ridden, drive-by sort of flamewar you also describe.
I think that you really can't have a real thought-provoking, intense discussion with most people on a lot of subjects. Furthermore, I think that people will be unable to rationally discuss subjects which they are passionate about, and so will disproportionately reply to posts which mention that subject. Even in DDO's golden age, you ended up with a lot of dross replies to sift through in any thought-provoking thread because of this somewhat paradoxical behavior. The religion and science forums were the perfect demonstrations of this. The religion forum was full of atheists who knew nothing about religion but spent all of their time discussing it, and the science forum was full of YECs who knew nothing about biology yet insisted on debating it. In those subforums, this minor annoyance metastasized into something truly grotesque, which is why they were largely seen as the 'Elephant Graveyard' of DDO. Eventually there were very few thought provoking religious people in the religion forum because the people who didn't want to have the same tedious discussion with ignorant people ad nauseum left. Likewise, people who actually like biology want to talk about the nuts and bolts of natural history, not debate the same gaggle of uninformed creationists over and over again. The aggregate result of engaging these people is to poison discussion, so the best response once you identify them is the rhetorical equivalent of chasing off a rat with a broom.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Vader

Your right. The sole goal of DART is for intellectuals to combine and discuss things. You don't think with a mixing pot of religions, cultures, political views, etc, we wouldn't have shit on the site. It is part of us humans is to stir drama and be passion. Again, I am not saying "all drama is good". I am saying little drama or stuff that gets the site going will not hurt it in the future. Excessive extreme drama will tear down the site. Some little beef won't harm anyone

That's literally what she said though. You're pretty much on the same page as her, because she wants the site to be predominantly intellectual with some drama and flamewars on the side, not the reverse (which it is currently).
Vader
Vader
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I don't notice it
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Vader
Yeah, it's pretty easy to miss a sentiment that was expressed half-a-dozen times in this thread, and was also specifically directed at you.

It's called being blind.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Wait, this was directed at me? 

Buddy I tried to help you but what?

I joined the site to have reasonable conversations with people just like you and nothing has changed. I got involved with Drama and make forum posts just like you did. Unlike you, the Drama is with people I know from DDO and I like to talk about it. I have not started BIG DRAMA with anyone. I make threads and discuss about it. Thanks for saying you called me out...now I can prove your a hypocrite

Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Vader
No, mate. This wasn't directed at you at all: (https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1011?page=1&post_number=13). By clicking reply so the my response was directed at you, I meant it to not be directed at you.

Oh yeah, dude. You're helping a lot by attempting to frame me as disagreeing with you, when we are almost typing the same thing.

When I said: "Having a little bit of drama is fine. Inundating the site with it is not," this is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from your: "Again, I am not saying "all drama is good". I am saying little drama or stuff that gets the site going will not hurt it in the future. Excessive extreme drama will tear down the site. Some little beef won't harm anyone."

We obviously disagree on the amount of drama that is acceptable. Thanks for posting a worthwhile objection to the literal opposite stance I'm taking, whilst attempting to argue against me.

You and Castin can't bloody read a damn thing.

now I can prove your a hypocrite
And now you're talking smack about my 'a hypocrite'.

Stupid kid.

Vader
Vader
No, mate. This wasn't directed at you at all: (https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1011?page=1&post_number=13). By clicking reply so the my response was directed at you, I meant it to not be directed at you.

Oh yeah, dude. You're helping a lot by attempting to frame me as disagreeing with you, when we are almost typing the same thing.

When I said: "Having a little bit of drama is fine. Inundating the site with it is not," this is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from your: "Again, I am not saying "all drama is good". I am saying little drama or stuff that gets the site going will not hurt it in the future. Excessive extreme drama will tear down the site. Some little beef won't harm anyone."

We obviously disagree on the amount of drama that is acceptable. Thanks for posting a worthwhile objection to the literal opposite stance I'm taking, whilst attempting to argue against me.

You and Castin can't bloody read a damn thing.

now I can prove your a hypocrite
And now you're talking smack about my 'a hypocrite'.

Stupid kid.

"and was also specifically directed at you"-Anal

Cool sure I am the stupid one
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
What hope does this site have if a sizeable proportion of members have appalling reading comprehension skills? No wonder they flood this site with shallow, uninteresting comments -- they can't understand anything more than that, let alone their own profound ignorance.

The only people who think there is nothing wrong with the site are the ones causing the problems.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
The people who think there is nothing wrong with the site are the ones causing the problems.

Now THIS I do agree with.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
Wow, RM agrees with me on something that's blatantly obvious.

I finally feel qualified as a person.

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Wow, RM agrees with me on something that's blatantly obvious.

I finally feel qualified as a person.

Never change Cassie.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Do you realise you're one of the people she described?