Christmas is just around the corner again.

Author: Tradesecret

Total: 69
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
Sadly, though, most will never leap with joy like John the Baptist (Luke 1: 41). They will unfortunately, go through life without ever knowing the good news of the birth of the saviour of the world. 

On the flip side however, every day all around the world, millions of people are rejoicing with this news. Their lives changed remarkably with the presence of peace and forgiveness and being adopted into the family of God.  

Why anyone would reject this free gift is remarkable. And yet, the irrationality of refusing such a gift seems to be one of the banes of this world. 

Merry Christmas people - and a happy and safe new year. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Yay free gifts! Merry Christmas!
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
I'd like to offer a public service tip about safety this Holiday Season:

This time of year, it's pretty common to find yourself having over engaged with Holiday Cheer, and I'd like to share something from last year.  If you think you have had too much to drink, remember my story, better safe than sorry. So, last year I was out celebrating and realized I had been drinking too much, so I did something I have never done before, I took a city bus home, and consequently, I arrived home safe and sound.

I have no idea where I got the city bus.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Sidewalker

Sidewalker,

As we have seen before within your posts, you are NOT a Christian!  Then to prove this fact even further, you are a DRUNKARD for letting yourself get out of hand in drinking too much where you had to take a bus home, where hopefully you didn't PUKE on the Bus while doing so for the sake of others!

By you being a DRUNKARD, at least I will know that I won't be seeing you in Jesus' glorified 1400 square mile heaven, because you will be burning in Hell instead, praise Jesus' revenge upon you as the passages below so state!

"Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galations 5:21)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN MEMBER THAT PLANS TO DRINK TOO MUCH AT CHRISTMAS PARTIES IN BEING A DRUNKARD LIKE "SIDEWALKER," AND WILL NOT BE GOING TO HEAVEN UPON THEIR DEMISE, WILL BE ...?

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Sidewalker

SIDEWALKER'S QUOTE TO BE SAFE AT CHRISTMAS TIME: "I'd like to offer a public service tip about safety this Holiday Season:"

What Sidewalker forgot to tell  the pseudo-christian membership, other than he admitted to being a drunkard in not going to heaven, is that you are NOT to have a Christmas Tree, which is a fire hazard in the first place, so saith Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures as shown in the following passage:

"Hear ye the word the lord speaketh unto you O house of Israel. Thus saith the lord, learn not and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain’ for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman,  with the axe. They deck it with silver and gold, they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it not move.  They are upright as a palm tree, but speak not ; they must needs be borne; because they cannot go, be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good” (Jeremiah 10: 1-5) 

Therefore, do pseudo-christians want to be "heathens" as described above in said verse if you have a tree and decorate it at Christmas time? Huh?  

Since Miss Tradesecret initiated this thread, and where she doesn't follow the scriptures, and is Bible Stupid of them in the first place, we can only wonder in how her idol worship of having a decorated tree at this time of year will once again keep her out of Jesus' heaven, praise!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
The Reverend wrote:  Christmas is just around the corner again. Sadly, though, most will never leap with joy like John the Baptist.

A very odd short tale from Luke 1:39-41. It as though its just been shoehorned into the narrative . The event is afforded just three verses and  only  in Luke's gospel.

There is no explanation as to what caused John the 6 month old foetus to leap. Or  why Mary even bothered traipsing all the way to the desert where Elizabeth was in hiding?  
But then Mary for reasons known only to her bursts into song.  

I wonder if she would have been so songful if  God had told the truth about fate of her son?
FLRW
FLRW

Under Emperor Constantine, the Church in Rome began celebrating Christmas on Dec. 25 in 336. Some say the date was chosen to outshine the Sol Invictus and pagan celebrations. But there's much doubt around whether Christians had been trying to steal Sol Invictus' thunder.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR QUOTE ABOUT JESUS RELATIVE TO MARY: "I wonder if she would have been so songful if  God had told the truth about fate of her son?"

The irony of your quote above, is the biblical axiom that Jesus being God within her womb (John 20:27-28), would be telling Himself that HIs fate was to die upon a cross in a painful manner (Mark 15:37-39), BUT, Jesus being God already knew this fact because He is omniscient (1 John 3:20)!  But, He had to die painfully on a cross to save the HEBREW people only (Matthew 15:24) from their sins, since the 2nd class woman Eve created the first sin in the first place to be saved upon in the Garden of Eden (1 Timothy 2:14)!

Miss Tradesecret can only dream about our Biblical knowledge, as shown in her OPINIONATED ONLY posts with absolutely no biblical backup!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
It was more the case that this date was chosen because it was the winter solstice (shortest day of the year). When the sun appears to "stand still" on the horizon and the day has two equal parts and then begins to rise again causing the days to be longer.  
 In truth even Christians don't know on which day or year Jesus was believed to be born even the gospel writers cannot make up their mind. And neither can they agree on the day of the resurrection: which has to be the most important day in all of Christendom.

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@FLRW

FLRW,

YOUR QUOTE IN QUESTIONING MY SERIAL KILLER JESUS' BIRTH ON DECEMBER 25TH!:  "But there's much doubt around whether Christians had been trying to steal Sol Invictus' thunder

Like I have told you before many times, quit disparaging my serial killer, where this time you question Jesus' birth date of December 25th, so what if is is the same date of other Bronze and Iron Age Gods BEFORE JESUS, as unfortunately shown in the list below.  :(

HORUS
An Ethiopian-Sudanese God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 3,000 YEARS before Jesus.

BUDDHA
A Nepal God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 563 YEARS before Jesus.

KRISHNA 
An Indian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 900 YEARS before Jesus.

ZARATHUSTRA
An Iranian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 1,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERCULES
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 800 YEARS before Jesus.

MITHRA
A Persian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin- 600 YEARS before Jesus.

DIONYSUS
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 500 YEARS before Jesus.

THAMMUZ
A Babylonian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 400 YEARS before Jesus.

HERMES
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

ADONIS
A Phoenician God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

JESUS CHRIST
A Hebrew God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 1-30 AD.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Stephen,

YOUR QUOTE ABOUT JESUS RELATIVE TO MARY: "I wonder if she would have been so songful if  God had told the truth about fate of her son?"

The irony of your quote above, is the biblical axiom that Jesus being God within her womb (John 20:27-28)would be telling Himself that HIs fate was to die upon a cross in a painful manner (Mark 15:37-39), BUT, Jesus being God already knew this fact because He is omniscient (1 John 3:20)!  But, He had to die painfully on a cross to save the HEBREW people only (Matthew 15:24) from their sins, since the 2nd class woman Eve created the first sin in the first place to be saved upon in the Garden of Eden (1 Timothy 2:14)!

Very good points brother D. and all so obvious except to those that refuse  to see that:

"the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" said Rabbi David Kimhi - " therefore, with reference to this god whom you call Father, Son and Holy Spirit, -  that part which you call the Father must be prior to that which you call Son,  for if they were always coexistent would have to be called twin brothers.

More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... 

It's  all very -  Oedipus, isn't it ?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Sidewalker
 So, last year I was out celebrating and realized I had been drinking too much, so I did something I have never done before, I took a city bus home, and consequently, I arrived home safe and sound.
 Merry Chrsimas Everyone!
Three murders. Five stabbings. Countless other attacks. 
Over the past two weeks, more than a dozen people have been violently attacked on the New York City transit system, including three fatally, in a string of bloody, frightening incidents. 

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR EMBARRASSING AND FACTUAL QUOTE THAT I TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT: "More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... "

Uh, hmmmmmmmm, ......... well, ...........  since Jesus is God (1 Timothy 3:16) and a male gender, then in the virgin birth scenario, Jesus “spiritually celestially impregnated” his own mother Mary through godly incest. *cough* ...............   When Jesus did this impregnation act, He not only became Mary’s son, but his own Father as being Yahweh/God incarnate like you said, ................   AND a bastard child through true Hebrew tradition because Joseph was not the paternal father!  

Unfortunately, this image comes to mind in this biblical rendition of Jesus' birth and the logical outcomes:  https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9ZKOY

Then we Christians have to accept this disturbing biblical proposition herewith when Jesus celestially impregnated His mother Mary through His spirit of godly incest:  No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the LORD. Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her." (Leviticus 18:6-7)

If you don't mind, I have other embarrassing aspects of Jesus' birth, but I have to stop at this point to save further embarrassment about the beginning of my Christian faith where as mockingly shown, Jesus' birth is outright embarrassing ......  :(

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@FLRW

Under Emperor Constantine, the Church in Rome began celebrating Christmas on Dec.
 25 in 336. Some say the date was chosen to outshine the Sol Invictus and pagan celebrations. But there's much doubt around whether Christians had been trying to steal Sol Invictus' thunder.
I think that is not as true as you might like to think it is.  Perhaps some evidence to support that proposition from his time might assist you. 

I don't know when the birth of Jesus occurred specifically.  I understand that some do suggest as you have above. But that is entirely motivated by those who wish to undermine all things Christian. Conveniently, it is at the time of other celebrations but that is not a reason to dispute his birth at that time.  The truth is - there are a LIMITED number of days in a year. Hence, there is going to be a doubling up, tripling up on every date.  My nephew obviously must be a fake because he was born on the 25th of December.  

There are also a limited number of seasons in a year. And an even more limited number of long and short days of the year.  Woopy do!  For those who make so much of these events being used for any kind of celebration, you are geniuses, aren't you?   

The Christian message is not tainted or diminished if we don't know the specific date.  Only those who don't understand Christianity would think that such specificity is needed or that such logic is going to stop people from believing.  

The interesting thing is that in the Hebrew Culture, as I understand, the same date is often applied to the beginning and end of things.  For instance, the day the Jews entered Canaan was exactly the date of the Passover commencing the journey.  This then brings an intriguing logic to the date of Jesus' birth.  His death, we can essentially pinpoint to the Passover in that year.  March 25. That's his end. Therefore his beginning is from when he was conceived, and working forwards for the pregnancy, nine months, = 25th December. 

Is this possible? I don't know. It's intriguing. Is it true? I don't know and I don't care. But it does provide a rational for the date of Christmas which has some cultural background. 
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
Is it ok if I said, just around the river bend? .......To make disney reference.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Tradesecret
Have you heard about a claim that astrology can prove the "star" that the wisemen followed? 
Im not to certain on it. Nor know importance. Just checking on your thoughts of it. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Yep.

Christians hijacked the pagan festival and renamed it Christmas.

I prefer the pagan ideology, regarding the winter solstice and the new year.

So winter festival for me.

Especially as Jesus was born in September....More of an Autumn equinox baby.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4

Christians hijacked the pagan festival and renamed it Christmas.

I prefer the pagan ideology, regarding the winter solstice and the new year.

So winter festival for me.

Especially as Jesus was born in September....More of an Autumn equinox baby.
Believe what you like. It doesn't worry me. 

But tell me what is your evidence for an Autumn birth?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
I think that the main evidence is attributed to  a bloke called Luke.

Interestingly, other scholars also suggest that he was born  several years prior to the popular date.

Though the reality is that no one actually knows when Jesus was born.

I think that September is the best guess.

Of course, that's assuming there was a real bloke comparable with the biblical character of Jesus.

And I see no reason why there wouldn't have been.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Again good to know. 

Where about in Luke?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
@hey-yo

I think that the main evidence is attributed to  a bloke called Luke.
Interestingly, other scholars also suggest that he was born  several years prior to the popular date.
Well depending on which gospel one chooses to believe  of either Matthew or Luke there is at least a ten year contradiction between the two, Vic.
 My theory is that Matthew, in his desperation to tie  Jesus back to the OT had him down as a member of the house/age of the Ram while Luke attempts to tie him to the new incoming age/house of the Fish,  isn't the sign of Christians a fish? 

I have explained many times here  the bible is riddled with astronomy/astrology and  that the ancient hierarchy, that is the Priesthood and Monarchy, were obsessed with astronomy/astrology, as historian Josephus attest to many times.  It was a cross over time from one house to another and they were always looking for "the signs" of the cross over.  So when the BIBLE tells about the kings/wise men/magi from the East:

"“Where is He that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”
I am pretty sure they understood what this meant....... and so did Herod.

The thing about these cross overs from one house to another is that the rulers of the old outgoing reigning house are very reluctant to hand over power to the new incoming house.. without a fight.

I just love this subject, Vic.😁

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Tradesecret
Why anyone would reject this free gift is remarkable. And yet, the irrationality of refusing such a gift seems to be one of the banes of this world.
Not everyone has the ability to convince themselves that something is true without evidence.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Tradesecret
But Merry Christmas to you as well.

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Double_R
Hey Rough Rider. 
There does not appear to be a concensus on what counts as evidence as well. 
Some want to be like Thomas (touch the wounds) but others look at logic (reasoning existence). 
hey-yo
hey-yo
the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" said Rabbi David Kimhi - " therefore, with reference to this god whom you call Father, Son and Holy Spirit, -  that part which you call the Father must be prior to that which you call Son,  for if they were always coexistent would have to be called twin brothers.

More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... 

There is common misunderstandings about the relationship between 3 persons within Trinity. 

However greatest ignorance in this quote is that God did not have sex with Mary to have Mary concieve a physical child within her womb. That child being Jesus. 

Such a concept is not in the bible. Nor in christian theology. 
FLRW
FLRW

Paul said that Jesus would return in his lifetime. Jesus didn't.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@hey-yo

Hey-yo, that continues to RUN AWAY from Jesus' true words in my posts to him,

HEY-YO’S BIOLOGICAL AND BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE:  “However greatest ignorance in this quote is that God did not have sex with Mary to have Mary conceive a physical child within her womb. That child being Jesus.  Such a concept is not in the bible. Nor in christian theology.”

For your Bible ignorant consideration AGAIN:   “This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 1:18-25)

Barring the FACT that Jesus as God embarrassed Joseph considerably with "his soon to be wife Mary” being pregnant without him as the impetus to said pregnancy, then Jesus’ HOLY SPIRIT is a part of the Trinity Doctrine of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as three persons equaling ONE Godhead, being Jesus as God!  Get it bible fool?!

Therefore, Jesus as ONE ENTITY of the Trinity Doctrine, impregnated His own mother which deduces to “Godly incest,” no matter how you want to look at it, period!!!

Seriously, when are you going to take your Devil Speak apologetics to a "Christian Children’s Forum" where you will be more at home with your flustering comical biological and Bible ineptness?  LOL!

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

1.  MISS TRADESECRET INITIAL QUOTE IN THIS THREAD CELEBRATING AND PRAISING JESUS' BIRTHDAY! :  "Sadly, though, most will never leap with joy like John the Baptist (Luke 1: 41). They will unfortunately, go through life without ever knowing the good news of the birth of the saviour of the world." 

2.  THEN MISS TRADESECRET TOTALLY CONTRADICTS HERSELF TO HER POST ABOVE IN THIS PREVIOUS QUOTE TOWARDS CHRISTMAS!!:  "We can do without Christmas, but Good Friday is the day God demonstrated his love in the most amazing way."

HUH? Miss Tradesecret says we can do without Christmas in her quote #2, but she celebrates and praises Jesus' birth at Christmas in her initial post #1 of this thread!!!  Can she spell; C-O-N-T-R-A-D-I-C-T-I-O-N?!  Jesus H. Christ, when will her outright pseudo-christian embarrassment ever stop?!

Therefore, Miss Tradesecret goes directly against Jesus' inspired words in the following passages where she is guilty of the following biblical offenses in outright contradicting herself again:

"And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray." (Matthew 24:4)

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galations 5:19-21)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
2.  THEN MISS TRADESECRET TOTALLY CONTRADICTS HERSELF TO HER POST ABOVE IN THIS PREVIOUS QUOTE TOWARDS CHRISTMAS!!:  "We can do without Christmas, but Good Friday is the day God demonstrated his love in the most amazing way."

HUH? Miss Tradesecret says we can do without Christmas in her quote #2, but she celebrates and praises Jesus' birth at Christmas in her initial post #1 of this thread!!!  Can she spell; C-O-N-T-R-A-D-I-C-T-I-O-N?!  Jesus H. Christ, when will her outright pseudo-christian embarrassment ever stop?!

No, Brother D. S/he cannot spell contradiction , and his /her self inflicted embarrassment will never cease .
Aren't we lucky? 😂

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR ONCE AGAIN REVEALING QUOTE RELATIVE TO MISS TRADESECRET:  "No, Brother D. S/he cannot spell contradiction , and his /her self inflicted embarrassment will never cease . Aren't we lucky? 😂"

I don't know if we are "lucky" with Miss Tradesecret still being in this Religion Forum where we have to biblically correct her ad nauseam!  I am going to pray to Jesus tonight in Him contacting Miss Tradesecret through prayer to tell her to give us a break within this forum for a change, where its a "win-win" scenario for her, where we won't have to embarrass her all the time because of her being so God Damned Bible Stupid and Contradicting!

Wish me luck because I know Jesus is busy with the camel-humping God named Allah because his goat herding Muslims attacked His Jewish people in Israel!