Christmas is just around the corner again.

Author: Tradesecret

Total: 69
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
I am going to pray to Jesus tonight in Him contacting Miss Tradesecret through prayer ...

Too late Brother D. The Reverend - according to only him - S/he was "chosen by god".  S/he also claims to have prayed to god to "give him wisdom ". 
My personal belief is that " god "  must have been taking the piss. .
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
Hm . . . 

His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit
This does not imply sex. 
Sex is never mentioned nor implied. 
Instead we understand God created a biological human to coexist with the Son. 

Just as God created life from non life/nothing. 

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR ONCE AGAIN REVEALING QUOTE REGARDING MISS TRADESECRET:  "Too late Brother D. The Reverend - according to only him - S/he was "chosen by god".  S/he also claims to have prayed to god to "give him wisdom ".   My personal belief is that " god "  must have been taking the piss. ."

Uh, she must have mixed up the Abrahamic Gods, SINCE THEY ARE ALL ONE And THE SAME, where maybe she got her prayers crossed and talked to either Allah, or Yahweh that is giving her such outright Bible stupidity relative to Christianity for obvious reasons?  Surely my serial killer Jesus God can see through her continuous Bible Stupidity (Hebrews 4:13) and maybe doesn't want to have anything to do with her anymore in trying to give Miss Tradesecret wisdom that she is unable to bring forth anymore as seen, where I wouldn't blame Him!

And, yes, since man is made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), then God has a penis as well as man does, where in fact He was taking a piss to TRY and forget about Miss Tradesecret for a while in this respect, praise!

FLRW
FLRW

Actually, a Priest got the the 13 year old Mary pregnant and he made up the "God did it" story.
FLRW
FLRW

It's too bad that they didn't have DNA testing back then.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo
His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit
This does not imply sex. 
Sex is never mentioned nor implied. 
Instead we understand God created a biological human to coexist with the Son. 

Nice. Now lets see your BIBLICAL evidence that supports your statement.

And Mary said she had "known" no man, which would imply she had never had sex with any man as was totally perplexed by the idea. Luke 1:34. 
Was she too raped by a son of god as in days of old?

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@hey-yo
Hey Rough Rider. 
Nice guess, that's where it came from.

There does not appear to be a concensus on what counts as evidence as well. 
Some want to be like Thomas (touch the wounds) but others look at logic (reasoning existence). 
Technically, since evidence is generally defined as "that which can make a person believe a given proposition", anything can count as evidence as long as the person believes. So the question isn't about whether something "is" evidence but rather what is our standard for what qualifies as evidence.

If you're not following the basic principals of logic on that then as far as I'm concerned your conception of the word evidence is entirely meaningless.

My standard of evidence is that in order for something to qualify it must be logically valid. For example: Suppose the claim is that my spouse is cheating on me. If I pull up my phone bill and I see multiple text messages between her and a co-worker, that's not evidence because co-workers sometimes need to communicate so there are other explanations for it that are just as plausible. However, if those text messages are being exchanged at 2am, that's different because at that point a working relationship is clearly a less plausible explanation.

This isn't to confuse evidence with proof. I define proof as that which results in belief, so to me proof is the entire case (or as much of it as is needed) whereas evidence is just a peice of what is needed. Evidence just leads you in that direction, doesn't necessarily get you to the finish line.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Tradesecret
Merry Christmas,

My mother likes the Christmas meal being what people in that area, time, and income, or Joseph and Mary might have eaten.
Can't say I really remember what the meal 'consists of though.

My eldest brother and my mother, donate to charity during Christmas, since we don't do gifts anymore.
Except my sister, who having kids, still does gifts with them and her husband.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Christmas has long since become an over-consumered festival if I can say so. Essentially it has become a way for the big marketing companies to make their marketing companies bigger and bigger rather than to stick it to whatever it is originally supposed to mean.

They will put up rotisserie chicken at Thanksgivings without caring about the Native Americans that died. They will put pumpkins for sale on October 31st without caring to stop by to know what "hallows" are. This is no different. Maybe another benefactor would be the lumberjacks for cutting so many trees down for decorative lighting in and outside houses, and possibly making Greta Thunberg a little bit angrier, but that is outside the question. I am pretty sure Miss Thunberg would approve of none of these practices, not necessarily that I agree or disagree with her regarding climate issues anyways.

But all these dates do pollute, and that is bad.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Double_R
Interesting. 
What would you consider to be proof? 
How does proof and evidence coincide if evidence is a part of the play

What are your standards for evidence for any conversation? 
What are your standards for the God conversation? 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen

Just read quote that was provided; it does not say sex.  There are multiple locations in bible where sex is explicitly/directly described and indirectly described. 

The given quote/passage does not provide any description. Ergo, no sex. 

And Mary said she had "known" no man, which would imply she had never had sex with any man as was totally perplexed by the idea. Luke 1:34. 
Was she too raped by a son of god as in days of old?

Still never had sex. Rape is sex. Just a type of sex that is not good. As explained above, the words in the passages do not say sex nor imply sex. Nor do we read about rape. Ergo, not sex or rape. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
I dont have to.  The comments made in this thread have been about God having sex and then Jesus is born. 

I disputed that God had sex. Seems to not be rebuttled anymore. 

However, if we look over the comments made, Jesus is accepted in the conversation to being born and a god.  Even the same god as god the father. 

If Jesus is god and pertains a biological human body. Then we inherently accept that the human biology needs to coexist with Jesus' divine essence. We inherently accept that the biology does coexist with divinity within the comments given as well.  

There is no need to debate it. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo

I dont have to.  The comments made in this thread have been about God having sex and then Jesus is born. [..........]Then we inherently accept that the human biology needs to coexist with Jesus' divine essence. We inherently accept that the biology does coexist with divinity within the comments given as well.  

So as per usual, you are just another believer asserting your opinions and presenting them as biblical fact and that is not prepared to support your claims.

You might do well to remember to afford the non believer the same curtesy  when they appear to do likewise.

Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Lemming
My mother likes the Christmas meal being what people in that area, time, and income, or Joseph and Mary might have eaten.
Eat a grasshoppers?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Christmas has long since become an over-consumered festival if I can say so. Essentially it has become a way for the big marketing companies to make their marketing companies bigger and bigger
Does big companies hurt you?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@hey-yo
What would you consider to be proof? 
How does proof and evidence coincide if evidence is a part of the play
Again, proof is the totality of what is needed for one to accept a proposition. Evidence is any part that leads in that direction.

Let's go back to my example. 2am text messages is evidence of infedelity, but not proof. It's evidence because the simplest explanation for it (applying Occam's razor in isolation) is infedelity, but there are still plausible alternative explanations so I don't consider it strong enough to convince any reasonable person.

If however we add; a dick pick found in her photos, a credit card bill from a fancy restaurant (on a night she said she was working late), and a co-worker spilling the beans saying that the two have been up to something... Then while each of these would be insufficient alone to convince a reasonable person, combined it defies credulity to think it's all just a misunderstanding. So each peice alone is evidence, combined it's proof.

What are your standards for evidence for any conversation? 
Occam's razor. If the simplest explanation is X, then whatever it is that requires an explanation is evidence for X.

What are your standards for the God conversation?
Same. The central problem with trying to prove a god is that things that don't exist cannot be asserted as the cause for something else, so in order for something to be a candidate explanation it has to first be shown to exist.

God arguments work in reverse of this. Take the complexity of the human body for example; god proponents argue that God is the best explanation for it, thereby claiming it evidence for his existence. But this is fallacious. His existence would need to have been proven already in order for him to be invoked as a candidate, you can't prove he exists by assuming it.

I find that every argument for a god suffers from this fundamental problem, but this is the issue with trying to prove the existence of something that is definitionally beyond our reach. It's a contradiction at the outset, so any argument built on it is doomed from the start.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
So as per usual, you are just another believer asserting your opinions and presenting them as biblical fact and that is not prepared to support your claims.
I did not say anything was a biblical fact except that God did not have sex. 

You are implying what is biblical. I  just took information from posts involving your dialogue and another's. These posts said Jesus was God, the same god as the father, jesus was human, etc. 

Based on that Jesus is biologically human and devine. No other human is identified as devine. Two pats that do not exist together (coexist) normally. 

But hey.
Yo. 
If you dont believe what you typed, that's fine. Just say so. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo

I did not say anything was a biblical fact except that God did not have sex. 

I know "god" didn't have sex and that wasn't my point. My point was that you have made ascensions that simply cannot be supported .

But you haven't read your bible have you?  The bible claims that Jesus the Messiah will come from "the seed" of David. 
 I have covered this point very recently with your new buddy Seth-Clown, who, just like you. didn't know the first thing about the scriptures.

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
Heh, funny,
And possible depending on if there was a famine I suppose,
But same as I wouldn't say the American diet consists of the soup kitchen (Excepting in Great Depressions)

I think I remember fish, meat, some nuts, some grapes, might have been some other things,
Meat might have been dried,
I suppose I might find out again this year, and if I remember, post here.

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

hey-yo,

YOUR QUOTE OF HAVING A HARD TIME ACCEPTING THAT JESUS "AS GOD" IMPREGNATED HIS OWN MOTHER THROUGH INCEST!:  
I disputed that God had sex. Seems to not be rebuttled anymore. 
https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10141/posts/417504

Yes, we all know that you get your Bible "spoon-fed" to you on Sunday morning at church, or by reading Satanic Apologetic Books in spin-doctoring away troublesome biblical axioms, therefore you DO NOT understand Jesus' Triune Doctrine!

1.  Jesus is God: "Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13)

2.  Trinity Doctrine: The Trinity Doctrine specifically states that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are three persons equaling ONE Godhead which is Jesus as being God!

3. Godly Incest:  Therefore, Jesus is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit through the Triune Doctrine equaling ONE PERSON, therefore Jesus as a whole as said ONE PERSON, impregnated His own Mother Mary through godly incest, no matter how you want to look at it, period!

4. Jesus became His own Father and a bastard child:  When Jesus impregnated His own Mother Mary through godly incest, He not only became Mary’s son, but his own Father as as well in being Yahweh/God incarnate AND a bastard child (manzar) through true Hebrew tradition because Joseph was not the paternal father.

5. An image to help you understand Jesus impregnating His own Mother Mary through godly incest: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEQOUQY

6. Jesus as God wasn't thinking of the ramifications of impregnating His own Mother through godly incest:  Barring the fact that Joseph tried to hide the fact that his wife Mary was not pregnant by him, he silently wanted to divorce her.  (Matthew 1:19) 

7. Under Jewish law, Jesus could not enter any temple because He was born out of wedlock:  No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

8. BUT, our Jesus was a hypocrite because He did enter a temple of worship:   Jesus was mad that money-changers were in His temple selling animals, where our ever loving and forgiving God Jesus made a whip of chords to beat the money changers as He told them to leave His house of worship!  (John 2: 13-17)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE FOOL LIKE "HEY-YO" THAT DOEN'ST UNDERSTAND THE TRINITY DOCTRINE AND THE RAMIFICATIONS THEREOF, WILL BE ...?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
And a merry Christmas to the followers of Islam.

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Double_R
I posted something and have deleted it.  sometimes I speak from the hip and I need to do better. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Double_R
Thanks for the greeting. And a merry Christmas to you to. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Lemming
Merry Christmas Lemming,

I hope this season brings you many unexpected (good unexpected) things and joy.  

I hope you get to spend some time with your family.  

Cheers. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lemming
Well, in the Bible, John lived by eating a grasshoppers.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
Was it such a 'common diet though?

"Biblical scholar John Nolland notes that the decision by the author of Matthew to provide a description of John's clothing and diet shows that both are unusual and worth commenting on."

. .

Take Benjamin Lay, of America, January 26, 1682 – February 8, 1759
"He was a vegetarian; he ate only fruits, vegetables, and honey, and drank only milk and water."

Doesn't mean it was the 'common American diet of that time and place.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Well, in the Bible, John lived by eating a grasshoppers.
It was locusts and although it may have been the insect there is also a suggestion it was referring to the Locust Tree fruit. 

"John the Baptist ate locusts and wild honey but the “locusts” were not insects as many supposed. In this instance locust most likely refers to the leathery brown root of the Carob tree. Bread made from the Carob bean is known as Locust Bread. Carob is also known as Saint John’s Bread. The Carob tree is an evergreen native to Southern Europe and northern Africa. Used since the ancient times as a natural sweetener, Carob contains Vitamin B complex, is high in calcium and contains no caffeine."

hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... 
That was the point. Your point. Now abandoned. I rebuttled to no contest. 

.... you have made ascensions that simply cannot be supported . 

Assertions? 
Chico the bible has nothing to do with what you say.  
My assertion is on your comments -along with others, in earlier posts - provide inherent meanings to given statements. I already explained it. You can read over it. There is no passage that details what you say except your own posts

So if you really want to argue against something unrelated to your [original] point, quote yourself.  I won't waste my time. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@hey-yo
.... you have made ascensions that simply cannot be supported . 

Assertions? 

Yes, I meant assertions. 

Chico the bible has nothing to do with what you say.  

What do you mean by "nothing to do with what you [I]  say"?.  

My assertion is on your comments -along with others, in earlier posts - provide inherent meanings to given statements.

And I only asked you to support your own assertion "Instead we understand God created a biological human to coexist with the Son. 

What part of the scriptures causes you to believe  that "God created a biological human to coexist with the Son. "?