Good news for Republicans: Biden is still running for president.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 186
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Polls say a replacement will certainly beat Trump. I trust the polls. Especially the swing state polls.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Polls say a replacement will certainly beat Trump. I trust the polls. Especially the swing state polls.
Polls say biden will beat trump. and "generic democrat" is all well and good until you have an actual candidate with an actual history. There's no guarantee that when they actually see who that person is they would like them better than biden. and since biden is highly likely to beat trump, why would you take that risk?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The only polls that matter is swing state polls, and "any other Democrat" in the swing states is at +5 where Biden is at -5
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The only polls that matter is swing state polls, and "any other Democrat" in the swing states is at +5 where Biden is at -5
ok. so you accept that "any democrat" beats trump by 5 points. On election night, do you think those people are just going to vote for trump? 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Probably not. I think Biden's negatives on the Gaza massacre plus immigration can't be overcome by November. 

A replacement will not have any of those negatives and compared to Trump, will probably win like the polls suggest.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Probably not. I think Biden's negatives on the Gaza massacre plus immigration can't be overcome by November. 
i mean, that is fair. But the republicans have almost identical views to biden and the democrats. So I don't see that being a particularly useful issue. 

A replacement will not have any of those negatives and compared to Trump, will probably win like the polls suggest.
I mean, the rest of the democratic policies have pretty much the same stance. The republicans do too. So I don't see it being very relevant. Biden is going slap Trump around hard.