Is the assasination of Trump the last resort to liberal/democrat victory?

Author: IlDiavolo

Total: 48
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
This may sound like old news, but given the current context in which liberals can't get Trump out of the elections, do you think liberals are capable of doing what the title of this thread says?

Remember that in the US history there have been several political assasinations, even to a president (JFK), so many people think Trump's time has come. Personally, I think it doesn't make sense because democrats will lose anyway whether Trump is in the election or not. However, there is a renowned prophecy circulating on the internet that speaks of the assasination of an important american politician that the prophecy calls "the orchestra man", so people think Trump is "the orchestra man".

What do you think?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Why would a democrat assassinate Trump?

Before Trump, Republican party could at least pretend it was about family conservative values.

Trump turned it into a party of liars, comedians, and dirty perverts who lack basic manners.

Republican party will never recover from Trump. It will never be about conservative values again. From now on, it will be whatever flies with MAGA.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
This may sound like old news, but given the current context in which liberals can't get Trump out of the elections, do you think liberals are capable of doing what the title of this thread says?
I don't hear very many liberals threatening civil war, talking about taking up arms, or otherwise suggesting that the means by which we need to save the country is through any other than at the ballot box or in a courtroom where the outcome is subject to the adjudication of constitutional processes. So while any idiot can always commit any act, generally this is not a liberal problem.

Everytime Trump is indicted or ruled against, those who worked against him are plastered by Trump all over his social media and become infamous targets at his rallies. Consequently, everytime, threats against their safety dramatically increase by Trump's own supporters and Trump has never made any serious effort to lower the temperature. The FBI has gone on to say that threats against their employees is at crisis levels never before seen in modern history.

As was eloquently pointed out by one of the judges in Trump's trials; when a person engages in an act, the only reasonable conclusion is that the natural and likely consequences of said action are that person's intention.

Trump is clearly fomenting political violence intentionally because he believes it works to his best interests. I'm not sure why you seem to think liberals are the threat here, you really need to ask yourself whether you're looking in the right place.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
I'm not sure why you seem to think liberals are the threat here, you really need to ask yourself whether you're looking in the right place.
Well, maybe you can help us find out who is really interested in getting rid of Trump. I can't think of any other group than the liberals.

If you see it carefully, liberals are even using the justice system to get Trump out, this is unbelievable. So, the concern for Trump's life is founded.

Maybe he's going to be murdered by a radicalized liberal person as it's common in the US, too much mentally sick people there.

I sincerely hope nothing bad happens.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@IlDiavolo
It might be better politically for Republicans, rather than Democrats,
If Trump was assassinated.

Martyrs are valuable,
Provide rallying behind ideas,
Allows discreditation of the other side,
Allows one to use conspiracy theories, true or not.
Dead leaders cannot dishonor themselves, cannot make mistakes.
. . .

Assassinating someone, can have it blow up in your face,
Result in outcome one did not want.

If Trump 'had forcibly seized power,
Had used the military,
Looked unlikely to be removed from office by becoming a dictator for life,
Then assassination by Democrats would be more reasonable,
Though could 'still blow up in their face in various ways.
. . .

Trump is old, on his way out,
There's young crazy people who might fill his vacuum anyhow,
Why give them more powder, to make a mess?
Why discredit the laws and peace of the nation,
For Trump who is already old, and on his way out.
Though I suppose he 'could still live a long number of years.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@IlDiavolo
Imagine if Jeffrey Epstein got suicided under a Democratic administration. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
If you see it carefully, liberals are even using the justice system to get Trump out, this is unbelievable.
Liberals aren't "using the justice system" to get rid of Trump, they're using the justice system to hold someone accountable for the clear and obvious crimes they committed. That's called the rule of law, and it's something republicans used to pretend to care about.

So, the concern for Trump's life is founded.
No, it's not, it's nothing more than projection. Again, the acceptance of violence as a means to political ends is primarily a right wing issue. There is no one on the left calling for violence of any kind, nor is there a single prominent left wing figure that would not immediately and convincingly denounce any threat against a public official. No one on the left would name the judges ruling against them and stand by while those judges receive death threats. No one on the left would ever talk about "second amendment remedies".

The problem is not on the left.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Lemming
It might be better politically for Republicans, rather than Democrats,
If Trump was assassinated.
Agreed. I used to say to my boss all the time in 2020, I'd rather see Trump go out a loser than a martyr. That's why I kind of hope the SC will rule against Colorado, even though I think that ruling would be plain wrong.

I am conflicted though because at the same time I do see Trump as an existential threat to the republic, so there is that old saying about those who play with fire...
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Lemming
I was checking on internet and I found some attempts to kill Trump:

As I said, the US has a big problem of mental health. Trump could be murdered by a liberal zealot from the "black lives matters" movement. Lol.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Reece101
Imagine if Jeffrey Epstein got suicided under a Democratic administration. 
I don't get it. What do you mean?

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
The problem is not on the left.
The left is teaching people to hate Trump. And considering the poor mental health in the US, my guess is that Trump will be murdered sooner or later by a liberal wacko that is going to shout "black lives matter" while he stabs Trump.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@IlDiavolo
Why would Democrats do that, Trump is the best thing to ever happen to the Democratic Party, he has single handedly destroyed the Republican Party, if anything, liberals will put up a Trump statue.

Remember that in the US history there have been several political assasinations, even to a president (JFK), so many people think Trump's time has come. Personally, I think it doesn't make sense because democrats will lose anyway whether Trump is in the election or not. However, there is a renowned prophecy circulating on the internet that speaks of the assasination of an important american politician that the prophecy calls "the orchestra man", so people think Trump is "the orchestra man".
Oh, I didn't realize it's a "renowned" prophecy and it's on the internet, must be true then.
What do you think?
I think you need to stay off the conspiracy sites.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
The left is teaching people to hate Trump. And considering the poor mental health in the US, my guess is that Trump will be murdered sooner or later by a liberal wacko that is going to shout "black lives matter" while he stabs Trump.
They're not "teaching people how to hate Trump", they're explaining why he is such a dangerous individual who has no business within a mile of the oval office. That's what happens when you run for public office after trying to overturn American democracy.

Curious as to why you keep ignoring the point I'm making. For someone so concerned about the fomenting of political violence, you sure seem to have nothing to say about all of the judges and prosecutors literally just doing their jobs that Trump continues to attack everyday resulting in a serious, tangible, and clearly correlated increase in threats to the safety of themselves and their families which Trump has done absolutely nothing to push back against. It's there a reason for that, or is it only a problem if it happens to Trump?
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Sidewalker
Why would Democrats do that, Trump is the best thing to ever happen to the Democratic Party, he has single handedly destroyed the Republican Party, if anything, liberals will put up a Trump statue.
But the last poll is at odds with what you're saying.

I have good reasons to believe in these prophecies that have been published way before the advent of the internet.

But even so, the prophecy is not clear which is the reason why I'm asking if it's possible the political assasination of Trump. And it's not something new, Tucker Carlson has been saying it for a long time.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
Curious as to why you keep ignoring the point I'm making. For someone so concerned about the fomenting of political violence, you sure seem to have nothing to say about all of the judges and prosecutors literally just doing their jobs that Trump continues to attack everyday resulting in a serious, tangible, and clearly correlated increase in threats to the safety of themselves and their families which Trump has done absolutely nothing to push back against. It's there a reason for that, or is it only a problem if it happens to Trump?
Well, you just gave a good reason to kill Trump.

I'm not defending him, if you noted. I'm just trying to understand the situation.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@IlDiavolo
But the last poll is at odds with what you're saying.
The polls said Hillary was going to beat him in 2016 too, Trump's party is not the Republican party, he destroyed the Republican party, and is trying to destroy democracy.  Putin thanks him.  
I have good reasons to believe in these prophecies that have been published way before the advent of the internet.

But even so, the prophecy is not clear which is the reason why I'm asking if it's possible the political assasination of Trump. And it's not something new, Tucker Carlson has been saying it for a long time.
With the country as polarized as it is, and with Trump stirring up so much "us/them" hatred, anything can happen, it wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody kills Trump, but I don't think there's a prophecy to that effect, if there was, we'd have seen it all over the place.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, you just gave a good reason to kill Trump.
I'm not the one who provided such reason, he did.

I'm not defending him, if you noted. I'm just trying to understand the situation.
You're not defending him but you are implying that it's the left that we should be concerned about while ignoring that the problem is far worse on the right. It comes off as a disingenuous concern.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Sidewalker
it wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody kills Trump, but I don't think there's a prophecy to that effect, if there was, we'd have seen it all over the place.
Alright, this is a common ground then.

Prophecies like the thrird world war or the economic crisis shouldn't be fulfilled, for our sake, but they are necessary to create consciousness.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
You're not defending him but you are implying that it's the left that we should be concerned about while ignoring that the problem is far worse on the right. It comes off as a disingenuous concern.
What you're not taking into consideration is that Trump is a political incorrect person, he doens't keep anything to himself, he says what nobody dares to say. I've never seen someone like him because this attitude is very risky and can create a lot of enemies. Besides, the democrats have leaned to the left in a very radical way, that's pretty new for us so we can't determine how leftists can react.

So the question would be, does the US need a person like Trump? I think so. You can't believe how much the world has changed with Trump. Here in South America there are more people that says what they have to say without the fear of being censored by the left who believes to be the universal moral authority, especially in the social media. So, it would't be surprising if Trump ends up being killed by a lefty. And again, I hope nothing bad happens.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@IlDiavolo
Besides, the democrats have leaned to the left in a very radical way
I don't think that common perception is the least bit accurate, a lot of people buy into that propaganda the far right is throwing out there, but I think the left has mostly stayed where it was, it only seems like the left is further left because it's so much farther away from the radicalized right.

So, it would't be surprising if Trump ends up being killed by a lefty. And again, I hope nothing bad happens.
I would like to say I'm above such thinking myself, but the truth is, not a day goes by that I don't hope something bad happens to Trump.

I wish I was a better person than that, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the case, hell, when I'm bored, a lot of the time I entertain with thoughts on terrible things happening to Trump.

This is coming from a lifelong Republican, a serious Republican too, George Will was my favorite author, but I left the party when George Will left.   Probably why I resent Trump so much is because it was my party that he destroyed. Trump tapped into and exploited a darkness in the Republican Party that I would never have believed was even there, I left my party in horror, and I am as Democrat as they come now.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Sidewalker
would like to say I'm above such thinking myself, but the truth is, not a day goes by that I don't hope something bad happens to Trump.
Maybe you were never a Republican. I don’t see any political reason to hate Trump except for his personal traits. And I understand it, I would never like to meet a person like Trump. He seems to be selfish, self-serving, and very insolent. But people don't care about it, what people want is that someone solve their problems, and for extraordinary problems you need extraordinary solutions, so Trump is the only one that can do it. Although, I think the indian candidate is also a good candidate for that purpose.

But tell me, is it his personal traits or his political ideas that bother you so much? If it's the last then you fit very well in the democrat party. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
But tell me, is it his personal traits or his political ideas that bother you so much? If it's the last then you fit very well in the democrat party. 
His policies are atrocious but his "personality traits" are what makes him so historically terrible. What people like yourself miss is that we're not just talking about someone with an ego. Personality does in fact matter, whether people like to admit it or not (most on the right deny it now), Presidents are in fact leaders in our society and people do follow them.

When Trump was first elected I remember my mother and sister asking me at Thanksgiving what I thought about it. I told them then that the thing that bothered me most about him is that he's a conspiracy theorist and he will take the country down the intellectual abyss with him. That's exactly what he has done.

His blatant stupidity being on display has lead all of his followers to the point where anything can be denied outright, every institutional decision of any kind can be chalked up to nothing more than one person's personal vendetta against him (even when that person picked by him), expertise is not a real thing, anyone who is smart and educated are just against their way of life, etc. etc. etc.

And it's not just the intellectual stuff either. Trump has given every racist and bigot out there the freedom to express themselves and show everyone else that is ok. A significant and growing portion of our society no longer values democracy, and the idea that we as a society respect decency in people is pretty much lost.

No one else could have accomplished this, and it was all foreseeable in 2016.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
And it's not just the intellectual stuff either. Trump has given every racist and bigot out there the freedom to express themselves and show everyone else that is ok. A significant and growing portion of our society no longer values democracy, and the idea that we as a society respect decency in people is pretty much lost.
How do you feel about thought-crimes and the government policies that would prohibit it? Is this a component of an ideal world for the modern Democrat?

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
How do you feel about thought-crimes and the government policies that would prohibit it? Is this a component of an ideal world for the modern Democrat?
The freedom to swing your arms ends at someone else's nose.

Freedom of speech does not give you license to say anything you want about anyone you want. When your words are defamatory or unnecessarily create a situation where you are putting the safety of others at risk, there is room for government involvement to step in for the sake of protecting it's people.

If that doesn't address whatever scenario you are thinking of please feel free to provide an example and I'll  give you a more tailored response.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
So you equate speech and thought crimes to a nose swing? Ok. I think I see how you view thought-crimes.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Double_R

Remember that one of Trump's professor's said: “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I doubt DoubleR went to school with Trump. You shouldn't insult forum members like that even if it was true.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So you equate speech and thought crimes to a nose swing? Ok. I think I see how you view thought-crimes.
I thought about adding a "PS" statement at the end of my post clarifying what should have been obvious - that nothing in my post said anything about "thought crimes", but I thought even you wouldn't be so dishonest and so incapable of reading to come away with that.

In your post you specifically asked me what I thought about "thought-crimes and the government policies that would prohibit it". We do not have mind reading capabilities, so the only possible way for government to create a policy addressing thought crimes is to go after the actual words spoken or written and publicly shared by that individual. And if that individual does that then we are no longer dealing with thought, we are dealing with words. This is where my post came in explaining when words can be dealt with by the government.

This is also why I asked you for a more specific example, so I can give you my actual thoughts on whatever scenario you are imagining. I'm sure there is an actual example somewhere, and I'm pretty sure you don't actually believe anyone thinks a mere thought could be outlawed.

Why do you bother asking questions when you have no interest in the answer?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
We legally use speech to identify malicious intents, so I don't know why you object to the term "thought-crime"

I wasn't thinking of any specific example, only a general rule on how to deal with malicious thoughts.
Your initial response was of violence, so that's how I took your view of it.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
"Thought crime" is a misleading term, that was kind of the point. What someone thinks is irrelevant, it's when those thoughts lead to words and actions that one can be charged.

My post was not about violence, it was about where the line is drawn regarding when it's appropriate for government to involve itself, which is not only about violence.