Islam vs. Christianity

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 224
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I have recently been deep diving into Islam, and the Quran. 
As a Christain, the obvious contradictions between the Quran, and the Bible are very clear.
Now, because Islam vs. Christianity is such a big topic, and can't be fit into a debate, I put it in a forum for everyone do discuss together and have conversations about.  
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Cool. So which position does a polytheist take?

Both Gods claim to burn you alive for eternity if you worship other Gods.

Its kind of a no-win scenario for a polytheist.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
But here, I am feeling happy, so I will help you out.

Christianity is more technologically advanced and Christians are smarter. So Allah is losing.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Of course, islam is winning in birth rates, so if Jesus doesnt come in the next 1000 years, Europe will be muslim.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Of course, islam is winning in birth rates, so if Jesus doesnt come in the next 1000 years, Europe will be muslim.
Also, if Europe doesn't chill with its migration policies. 😂
Morphinekid77
Debates: 1
Morphinekid77
Mohammed came and affirmed the Books before him. Modern Muslims insist the Bible is corrupt, they repeat it like a mantra. 

That's not what their prophet taught. 

The Bible I believe in can stand on it's own. If the Quran is true, the Bible is true. If the Quran is false it makes no difference to my religion because my Book is still true. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I still dont know why islam isnt banned. I mean, its teachings go against human rights.
Morphinekid77
Morphinekid77
-->
@Best.Korea
"Europe will be Muslim"...

My ancestors defeated Islam at the battle of Lepanto and saved Europe from Islam. They did it before we can do it again. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Morphinekid77
Modern Muslims insist the Bible is corrupt, they repeat it like a mantra.
Thats because muslims lack the basic reasoning skills.

The Bible did change over time, and has many versions of it written, but they all say pretty much the same message.
Morphinekid77
Morphinekid77
-->
@Best.Korea
Not to mention the Quran explicitly and repeatedly affirms the books Christians and Jews had as the revelation of Allah. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Morphinekid77
My ancestors defeated Islam at the battle of Lepanto and saved Europe from Islam. They did it before we can do it again. 
Kinda hard this time, since muslims are already in Europe. But yes, Europe deserves Islam. Well, so does USA. Too bad I wont live for another 1000 years to see the world fall under islam. Oh well.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Morphinekid77
Well, in my eyes, Christians and muslims are same. 

They both believe in one God.

They both say funny things to justify their God's disproportional draconian punishments.

They both hate trans and gay. Well, muslims hate them more, sure.

They both think God is actually there to fullfill their wishes and that God loves only them, while everyone else is punished.

Its just that Christians are kinda less violent in enforcing their faith.

Muslims are a lot more violent.
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
The quaran talks about cutting off heads and hands. I dunno if it's official teaching, but also teaches getting a bunch of virgins at death. This all seems self evident ally, not from god
Morphinekid77
Morphinekid77
-->
@Best.Korea
No this is not true we are nothing like the Muslims. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@n8nrgim
The quaran talks about cutting off heads and hands. 
It talks? It commands cutting off hands, to be precise. 

It even commands you to hit your wife.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Morphinekid77
Fine, you are better, but that doesnt mean I like Christians.

Its just that if I had to choose to live in a muslim country or in a Christian country, I would choose a Christian country.
Morphinekid77
Morphinekid77
-->
@Best.Korea
And for the record I'm a Christian but I don't hate trans and gays. You can love a person and disagree with their lifestyle. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Morphinekid77
I don't hate trans and gays. You can love a person and disagree with their lifestyle
Christians do tend to get a little carried away with disagreeing. But it just contributes to decline of Christianity. You know, when you disagree with someone's private life, he disagrees with your private life. It really just moves people away from Christianity.

But this is Christians vs muslims, and I am not even sure if there is currently any muslim in the forum section.

I just wonder if islam will face same decline as Christianity.

Then the Satan's victory would be complete.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@aql_reason
Hey, you are muslim, right?
aql_reason
Debates: 4
aql_reason
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes
aql_reason
aql_reason
-->
@Best.Korea
What's the question?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@aql_reason
Well, the topic is islam vs christianity.

So, would you tell about why people should believe islam over christianity?
aql_reason
aql_reason
-->
@Best.Korea
I'm not going to tell people what to believe or what not to. That's ultimately up to them. Anyway here I go: Islam requires these core beleifs

Islam compared to Christianity is more reason-based. Christianity is faith-based. The belief in the trinity is contradictory: God can't be creator and created. Of course, this doesn't disprove Christianity but the concept of Trinity. Majority of the arguments against Islam are not logical arguments rather they are appeals to emotions. Like Sharia and how it functions in society. I'll answer some points and show how you guys are not arguing logically:

Best.Korea: I still dont know why islam isnt banned. I mean, its teachings go against human rights.
Human rights according to what? Secularism? UN? Islam rejects secularism. Everything in Islam: social, legal, political is a religious matter. Human rights are a hoax that you guys believe in. Freedom for all? Really? So why do we arrest nudist, have gun laws, mandate vaccines, etc. Is that giving rights to everyone? Freedom is overrated. Truth matters more. 
Christianity is more technologically advanced and Christians are smarter. So Allah is losing.
Really? Do you get all your information from western media? Have you done an IQ test on Muslims and Christians? History would dissprove of that. Have you heard of the Islamic golden age? The very device you are using was inspired by algorithms made by a Muslim persian. The Muslims had their time in history when they were at their peak (Ottomans and the Islamic golden age). And Christianity was in its darker times. All great empires last around 200-300 years. Eventually they all fall. USA is also no longer going to be world hegemony. China is in the lead. Eventually China will fall too in few hundred years. That's the way God wants things. 

There is an incorrect assumption in all of your guys thinking and its that God is trying to convert you to His side (i.e Islam in this case). That's not true. If God wanted you all to see Islam as the truth all he needed to do was to write Quran in the skies. But that's not the point. You have to think logically.

Allah is the Arabic word for God. It is the same God for all abrahamic religions. So your sentence is contradictory because Christians follow Allah.

aql_reason
aql_reason
-->
@n8nrgim
@YouFound_Lxam
@Morphinekid77
Morphinekid77 says: Not to mention the Quran explicitly and repeatedly affirms the books Christians and Jews had as the revelation of Allah. 
Yes, Quran believes that they had some/most divine parts. When people make the argument by saying Quran is just a copy paste of the Bible they don't understand one important point: Quran affirms that these books came from 1 source i.e God. which is why they have mostly the same message. I could say the same thing about Christianity and Judaism. They are copy paste of Zoroastrianism - the first monotheistic religion. 

n8nrgim: The quaran talks about cutting off heads and hands. I dunno if it's official teaching, but also teaches getting a bunch of virgins at death. This all seems self evident ally, not from god
Yes and the modern world blows up peoples heads with bombs and drones. Same stuff, diffrent times. "Teaches about virgins" - You can get whatever you want in heaven (logically). So why is asking for virgins a bad thing? What is self-evident. The only thing self-evident is the lack of critical thinking here. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@aql_reason
Thank you for responding to the topic. Now, who is more evil? Christians or muslims?

And why cant I be both Christian and muslim? Like, why do I have to pick one of the two? Why not both?

Well, we polytheists are a minority, but I feel like it makes more sense to pray to many Gods to get what you want.

Well, there are plenty of Gods, so it gets confusing which God to pray to. 

And do we pick light Gods or dark Gods?

When you are a polytheist, there is just so many choices available.
aql_reason
aql_reason
-->
@Best.Korea
Muslims are a lot more violent.
Islam has produced more terrorists than Christianity in the recent years. But for the most part throughout history it has been Christians (think Stalin, Hitler, Nazis etc.)t hat produced more terrorists. Christians would tell you they weren't Christian just like Muslims would tell you. But they are, by defintion. 

I doubt you care about the intricacies of ISIS and how they came into being. But if you do, let me know. 

I just wonder if islam will face same decline as Christianity.
It will. And hadith confirms this. That a sign of the end of times, is that Islam will be followed by a handful.

Then the Satan's victory would be complete.
No God this is part of Gods plan and he is the best of planners. 
aql_reason
aql_reason
-->
@Best.Korea
Now, who is more evil? Christians or muslims?

And why cant I be both Christian and muslim? Like, why do I have to pick one of the two? Why not both?
There is not such thing as absolute evil. That would mean God is evil. There is only good and bad (problem of evil). If you are Muslim, you are technically Christian because you believe in most of their teachings except a few (like trinity, fallibility of prophets, etc.) 
Well, we polytheists are a minority, but I feel like it makes more sense to pray to many Gods to get what you want.
No, and how did it make sense to pray to many different gods? That seems very impractical actually. 
Well, there are plenty of Gods, so it gets confusing which God to pray to. 
You choose the God and the interpretation of God which is most logical. If you are focused on spiritual aspect, you can follow any religion. Spirituality is not the most attractive thing of a belief system. 
And do we pick light Gods or dark Gods?
Depends whether you believe in religion or not. Monotheism believes in one God because more than 1 is contradictory. 
When you are a polytheist, there is just so many choices available.
And those choices contradict each other. You can choose too be illogical and pray to many but remember you are making a wager with your life i.e Pascals wager
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@aql_reason
It will. And hadith confirms this. That a sign of the end of times, is that Islam will be followed by a handful.
Lets hope so. I just wish it happens in my lifetime. I want to see the fall of islam and christianity.

No God this is part of Gods plan and he is the best of planners
So he says. But maybe Satan is a better planner. We will see.
aql_reason
aql_reason
-->
@Best.Korea
Lets hope so. I just wish it happens in my lifetime. I want to see the fall of islam and christianity.
It won't. That's wishful thinking. 
So he says. But maybe Satan is a better planner. We will see.
Sure. But then it means God is evil and deceiving us. Which could be a possibility. But most of the revelation throughout history has shown us He is all-good. Which is why we assume so. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@aql_reason
No, and how did it make sense to pray to many different gods? That seems very impractical actually
Its actually fun. Praying to just one God for years gets boring quickly.
I mean, you dont pray to 100 Gods at the same time. Its like, today you choose one God and pray to him/her.

You choose the God and the interpretation of God which is most logical.
Well, that doesnt make any sense. I prefer to have a variety.

And those choices contradict each other.
Thats why you dont pray to 2 Gods at the same time, but go one God per day.

remember you are making a wager with your life i.e Pascals wager
Well, thats why it makes sense to pray to many Gods. If one of them is real, he might like you.