All religion is stupid, but can be practiced for fun

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 38
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I am a polytheist, but I know that religion is utter nonsense.

Its just that sometimes I feel a need to believe in fairy tales.

I can pray to Jesus, but at the same time recognize that he is a cruel madman because under his power most people go to Hell to burn alive.

There is no way to justify his cruelty.

Now, pascal's wager is based on fear, but Pascal's wager favors polytheism over monotheism.

One could even say that Pascal's wager favors atheism, as the most logical God would favor logical atheists over religious people.

Most religious people are crazy, and to think a logical God would prefer crazy people over logical people is nonsense.

Further, to think that logical God would prefer religious people is nonsense, as religious people demonized God and turned God into a monster.

Religious people turned God into a monster who tortures people eternally with disproportional cruel punishments. They made God in their own cruel twisted image, because they themselves are cruel twisted monsters.

They made God into a servant who solves their personal issues, serves them, gives them free gifts, works for them to make them eternally happy and tortures their enemies with greatest pain for all eternity.

In other words, they turned image of God into an image of an idiot that doesnt make sense from God's perspective in any way, as God would have no reason to do any of what religious people think and hope he would do.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

God loves rich and handsome people, but he hates poor and ugly people.
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
So you're actually a pagan. Saying that you believe in fairy tales. 

You also reject God because there are things you don't understand or makes no sense to you and cannot agree with,  is that right?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
is that right?
Yeah, thats about right, but I am not pagan. I am a polytheist and an atheist.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
How can you be polytheist and an atheist?

Do you mean one at one time and another at another time?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Do you mean one at one time and another at another time?
Thats one possibility.

But I can be both at same time. My brain has trillions of parts, and can have different views stored at different locations.

Kinda like how two persons can be one atheist one polytheist.

But my brain can be two persons.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
You can be both but not in the same perspective.

For example, a Christian is a theist and atheist.

The Christian believes in one religion while having a lack of belief in another.

But if you say you believe in fairy tales, that would make you pagan. If you believe in something you believe is true and not false, you'd be something other.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Paganism is an acceptance and devotion to things that can be witnessed, whilst also being reverential to things that are not known.

Whereas modern theism is acceptance of a mythical hypothesis, without the need for proof of the hypothesis. Which is not to say that modern theists do not also revere something that is not known.

It's just that modern theists somehow think they know that which is not known. Which of course is a blatant contradiction.

Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Theism is simply the belief in a god or THE God . That's all I'm talking about when I use the term theism.
Theists call those who worship false things, idolize false things pagan.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Mall

Mall,

YOUR DUMBFOUNDED QUOTE OF NOT TELLING US WHICH GOD YOU ARE REFERRING TOO!:  "You also reject God because there are things you don't understand or makes no sense to you and cannot agree with,  is that right?"

Which God?  Is it so hard to specify which God you are talking about, huh?  Is it Yahweh the Hebrew God, Jesus the Christian God, or Allah the Muslim God, or notwithstanding, the King of ALL Gods, Zeus?!

Mall
Mall
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Depends on the context from where you quoted if that was a quote of mine but thanks for reading.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Mall

Mall,

YOUR QUOTE WHERE YOU MISSED THE CONTEXT:  "Depends on the context from where you quoted if that was a quote of mine but thanks for reading."

Uh, yes, it was a quote from you in your post #3 as shown herewith;  "You also reject God because there are things you don't understand or makes no sense to you and cannot agree with,  is that right?" https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10242/posts/419615

You asked a question to Best.Korea "You also reject God ......,"  which is a generalization of said God, where you didn't ask him of which specific God you were referring to  relative to my post #10, GET IT?  

Therefore, which God mentioned in my post #10 that are still godheads in religions were you referring to? https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10242/posts/419692

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Within that context and by definition, theists therefore idolize a false thing.

So popular Abrahamic theism based upon an imaginary GOD, is in fact more pagan than the  idolization of the Sun or Moon.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
In the context of this forum topic I believe when I was making the statement about God , whatever it means to that individual I'm interacting with which was surrounding theism.

A theist is believing in a god or THE GOD, whichever they believe, I don't know personally to know which. But whichever they do, they believe in that which is true, not false.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
They believe in that which is true.

Belief by definition relative to metaphysical  theistic ideas, is acceptance without proof, therefore untrue.

Whereas the religious devotion to the natural world and the physical properties of the universe, accepts that which can be proven, therefore truthfully.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
God loves rich and handsome people,

Well he certainly surrounded himself with enough of them.  He had many friends and allies in high places and low places FLRW

but he hates poor and ugly people.

But would use them all the same. These would be the ones from the low places.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Regardless if what a person believes in is actually true or not because it has not been proven or disproven, the person can believe that it's true . Bottomline.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
In the context of this forum topic I believe when I was making the statement about God , whatever it means to that individual I'm interacting with which was surrounding theism.

A theist is believing in a god or THE GOD, whichever they believe, I don't know personally to know which. But whichever they do, they believe in that which is true, not false.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
For sure, one can insist that they believe until they are blue in the face.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
They don't even have to insist. They just have the faith that's all. You either have it or you don't. You either believe God doesn't exist or you have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
I personally don't have a clue.

Data not currently available.

So I don't like to support statements with the concepts of belief or non-belief.

On balance, I should wake up in the morning. 

But I don't believe that I will.

No data available.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Well people can have faith that they will wake up. Even if you're an atheist. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
People will make calculated judgements and plans relative to their potential and their potentially ongoing existence. 

I personally would not refer to this as faith.

Though you perhaps might.

It's a semantics issue.

Words are often multi-definitional and therefore not specific.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
You can't go passed belief without evidence. Look at it this way, people can believe in the potential or probability.

They can believe in that. The reality of belief doesn't have to be shunned away not just made exclusive to so called organized religions.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
I can generally agree with that.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
You don't understand game theory do you?  Or Pascal's wager? 

Still, I tend to agree that religion per se is stupid and ought to be thrown into the bin.  

Religion as it generally is understood is - humanity trying to find God / gods and making them happy.  Hopefully the god gods will shine happiness onto people if they please them enough. 

Thankfully, some religions, for example, Christianity, is not like other religions.  It is not trying to find God. God on the other hand - came down to man and found humanity. Man didn't need to try and please God. God pleased God. This is one of the most significant differences.  

Interestingly, this distinction also puts atheism into the camp of religion - since it is trying to find a way to make everyone happy by its effort. 

Christianity however has Jesus. Jesus is God come to earth.  The logic of God is always in contradistinction to the weak efforts of humanity to try and figure things out. 

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

MISS TRADESECRET PUTS ON HER POINTED ALUMINUM HAT AGAIN WITH THIS UNGODLY STATEMENT OF HERS: "Christianity however has Jesus. Jesus is God come to earth.  The logic of God is always in contradistinction to the weak efforts of humanity to try and figure things out." 

HUH? HELLO?!  Jesus as God has given His HEBREW creation the Bible to help figure things out in His name!  DUH!   Again she's slaps Jesus in the face even with her being a Bible Stupid pseudo-christian at best!  Can you believe in what Jesus as God is thinking about Miss Tradesecret right about now?

We have to get used to Miss Tradesecret's TROLLING this forum in making a fool of herself when doing so relative to Christianity, and again, this Religion Forum will NEVER grow to its true potential when we have pseudo-christians like Miss Tradesecret still within this forum being Bible inept!  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Tradesecret [email protected]Religion as it generally is understood is - humanity trying to find God / gods and making them happy.Thankfully, some religions, for example, Christianity, is not like other religions.  It is not trying to find God.
Only the thickest of bible ignorant Christians could make a statement like that.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Seek and you will find", Matthew7:7  must have slipped that exceptionally gifted mind and power of being able to memorise the bible backwards and forwards in many ancient languages  that the Reverend Tradesecret keeps bragging he possesses," from a very early age " too.  Brother D.

As did these few also: of the top of my head:

Deuteronomy 4:29
But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:14
I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.’

Psalm 32:6
Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him.

Acts 17:27
that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Proverbs 8:17
“I love those who love me;
And those who diligently seek me will find me.

Proverbs 8:35
“For he who finds me finds life
And obtains favor from the Lord.

kihayi
kihayi
-->
@Best.Korea
Could you please tell me why do you think that religion is nonsense?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@kihayi
You know, kinda no proof for it, plenty of proof against it.