All religion is stupid, but can be practiced for fun

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 38
kihayi
Debates: 0
kihayi
-->
@Best.Korea
Bro, I am a Muslim and here is why I think Islam is true. 

Let's take this approach:

Since, we cannot directly prove God, we can use a unique approach. In Islam & Christianity, the God is believed to be All-Knowing & Omnipotent. If God is All-Knowing, he cannot make any mistake, right? The Quran is believed to be the exact word of God. And even being a Muslim, I tried to find mistakes from the Quran that is undefendable or something that is huge mistake. I could not find anything. In fact, the Quran contains many scientific facts & prophecies as signs and there is no contradiction in it. Some prophecies has become true recently. How could a person (Prophet Muhamma PBUH) tell something 1400 years ago?

Correct me if I am wrong!
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@kihayi
And why do muslims treat women like shit? Are you really conscious of it?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@kihayi
I dont have particular critique of Quran right now,

but I dont follow the idea that

"text without contradictions = true text".
kihayi
kihayi
-->
@IlDiavolo
Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so - for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward. [Quran 33:35]

For men there is a share in what their parents and close relatives leave, and for women there is a share in what their parents and close relatives leave—whether it is little or much. These are obligatory shares. [Quran 4:7]

Bro, Islam doesn't treat women badly. If you have seen any Muslim behaving bad to women, they are doing bad. But Islam doesn't tell them to do it.

(I am just a new learner. If I have missed anything, you can point it out to me!)
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@kihayi
Bro, Islam doesn't treat women badly. If you have seen any Muslim behaving bad to women, they are doing bad. But Islam doesn't tell them to do it.

(I am just a new learner. If I have missed anything, you can point it out to me!)
Tell me, what is this muslim country or city where men and women are equal before "Allah"? Maybe I missed it out, but as far as I know, all muslim women should obey like a sexual slave to muslim men.

We are in a globalized world, you know. Here where I am I can see what it's going on in the whole world. But as I said, maybe it's a muslim country I don't know yet where women have the same rights as men, like the right to vote, or the right to education.
kihayi
kihayi
-->
@IlDiavolo
I only know about two such countries where women are forced to unnecessary laws. In Iran, they force women to wear hijab. And in Afghanistan, the Talibans are restraining women from doing jobs, sports etc.

There could be political motives in the Iran's case. And, we all know that the Talibans are brainwashed terrorists who misinterpret the word "Jihad" and violating human rights. The typical citizen even the little students are being brainwashed to join war.

Here is a vlog that you could watch to know Afghanistan better:

These two situations are cultural, not universal. Take my country as an example. I am from Bangladesh. There are about 180 million people in my country, where about 89-91% of the people are Muslim and 7.95-10% are Hindu and small numbers of Buddhist & Christian as well. There are Mosques and Temples beside one another. Women are given the right as men. In fact, the prime minister of our country is a woman who is in power for about 15 consecutive years.

I hope you understand the situation better!
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@kihayi
These two situations are cultural, not universal. Take my country as an example. I am from Bangladesh. There are about 180 million people in my country, where about 89-91% of the people are Muslim and 7.95-10% are Hindu and small numbers of Buddhist & Christian as well. There are Mosques and Temples beside one another. Women are given the right as men. In fact, the prime minister of our country is a woman who is in power for about 15 consecutive years.
Yes, this is a good example.  Bangladesh is what is known as a secular Muslim nation.  Although there are fundamentalists in the nation, there is also a reasonably good tolerance towards other religions and also in the way they treat their women.  When I was there in 2008, I was surprised by the amount of female lawyers practising in the courts. There seemed to be far more females than men at the time.  I was informed by the local judge there that they had been very much changing the culture of the legal system. He was using that particular court as a model for others.  That seems to correlate with what you are putting. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@kihayi
It's glad to know Bangladesh is not a country taken over by the muslim extremists which is the worst disgrace a country can face.

All the same, Bangladesh is a poor country, even worse than India which tells a lot about muslim countries, except for those that have plenty of oil.