Why as someone that hates Jan 6, is considering voting for Trump

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 79
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Do you think 70 million people are fascists like Biden's political ad implies? Did you upvote his video on youtube? About 30 percent of the youtube voters did, matching Biden's approval numbers. The rest had a downvote against the divisive demagoguery.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

So, the answer is " of course" ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Oh, so Of course you think 70 million Americans are fascists. Big surprise there.

Enjoy the war I guess....
Best.Korea
Debates: 280
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Really? You will start a war because someone called you a fascist?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Not me. I am fine and secure. I am talking about those that feel abandoned by their fellow Americans and who are at the end of their rope. Desperate people will do desperate things.

If one out of 70 are desperate, that's a lot of people....
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Plenty of people live in poverty. It was so for hundreds of years.

I know that you want to see a civil war in your life time, but common, the odds are against you.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I doubt it. There are as many radicalized people on the left to see it happen as well. 1 in 70 is a lot for radicalized Democrats.

After Trump is assassinated, you can thank them.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Biden's latest commercial calls half the country "extremists"
They are not extremists, they’re MORONS!

Do you think 70 million people are fascists like Biden's political ad implies?
They are MORONS who are willing to accommodate fasism. They also may not be racist, but they are willing to overlook racism and align with racists.

Not me. I am fine and secure.
lol, because you inherited your mother’s house.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Thats Putin's dream too.

And Kim Jong Un's dream. If there is civil war in USA, then there is no one to defend South Korea, Ukraine or Taiwan.

And we all know those countries cant defend themselves for a month without US help.

Are you suggesting that dictatorship is better than democracy, for survival of a country?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Correct. So for Biden to create a campaign ad showing pictures of average Trump supporters and then to call them "extremists" shows that Biden doesn't care about what you just said. Par for the course for a Democrat demagogue.
I noticed you had nothing to say about Trump using the term vermin. But extremists is too much for you. You are such a blowhard. Zero integrity 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
All it takes is 1 bullet in the orangeman.
FLRW
FLRW

I think Gp thinks Trump is the Chosen One.
In August 2019, Trump told reporters in reference to trade with China: "I am the chosen one." He also shared tweets describing him as the "King of Israel" and "the second coming of God.".
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Hitler thought that God chose him and was protecting him.

Well, that didnt turn out well for him or Germany.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I could see a person like FLRW pulling the trigger.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
All it takes is 1 bullet in the orangeman.
I don't know about that, you give a real American a gun with only two bullets and put them in a room with Hitler, Mussolini, and Trump, they will shoot Trump twice.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@TheUnderdog
@Double_R
@Best.Korea
@Sidewalker
I’m curious if anyone voting for Biden in a Trump v Biden scenario would vote for Nikki Haley in a Haley v Biden scenario.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
I am sure you could find a way to shoot him 3 times with 2 bullets.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
If Trump wins, this will come to an end.

The elites have thrown everything at Trump they can possibly throw. If they succeed, they could hypothetically try the same thing against Trump's successor, even if he's a vanilla moderate with a relatively spotless record like Mitt Romney. But if they fail here, there's zero possibility of it working on a future Mitt Romney guy and the Republican Party post-Trump will be safe from its candidates being successfully prosecuted as punishment for running for/holding office as a conservative. The elites will observe the limit of Democrat power and conclude that their political strategy of exclusively backing Dems isn't more profitable than hedging their bets between the two parties, so Republicans will reap a windfall.
Trump wouldn't be in a position to try January 6 again if he loses, since he isn't President and Congress wouldn't go along with it, but he probably has enough clout to incite civil unrest through a bunch of incendiary tweets. The elites are key beneficiaries of the current regime and are unlikely to try to destabilize it when they could simply adapt to a President Trump. Biden himself, I think, is tired and would rather step down peacefully than try to fight a dangerous fight.

The final question is one of Trump's retaliation if he wins. I don't see this happening violently, but it could mean the "2025 plan" or whatever it's called. As for this I wouldn't be too worried. Trump was barely able to finish like 1/4th of the wall's length if that. Sweepingly ambitious plans mean little when you lack the means to pull them off. Trump's first two years saw a GOP majority in both houses of Congress and they still didn't want to cooperate with him more than they had to. Imagine if there's a split Congress, or heaven forbid, a Dem majority in both. If Trump is able to put some aspects of this plan into effect, we can assume that he has the rightful legal authority to do so and it wouldn't amount to a coup.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
It's worth noting that Trump is barely younger than Biden, America's oldest president ever. Trump is obese and has led a hedonistic lifestyle from cradle to near-grave. I don't see him being around longer than one more presidential term, assuming he can finish that without dying. Even if somehow he had both the will and the means at his disposal to suspend elections and keep ruling indefinitely post-January 2029, it's questionable if he'd be alive to carry this out, or stay in good enough health to keep going as opposed to just retiring.
The GOP's long-term forecasts should be planning for a future after Trump, not a future with Trump still in it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Swagnarok
Yes, Trump is almost 80 and leads a satanic lifestyle that is bad for health.

But he can go one more term. The more interesting question is who will come after him.

Because right now, MAGA's standards are such that Trump is their God, and after Trump they will need someone who is most like him.

I dont see anyone currently who fits. Trump won the republican debate without even showing up to it. He has no match in the republican world.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
Since I can no longer edit my first post, I'll add this:

If Biden loses, I anticipate that some left-wing brownshirt groups might riot a little but this would be restricted to big cities where I don't live, and it shouldn't last very long, so I'm not personally worried about that.

Basically we're at a stage of sheer bitterness where it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't". But that's not to say all outcomes are equally bad. Admittedly there is some temporarily heightened degree of risk to our republic if Trump wins, but assuming he dies/retires on cue it's also the scenario that gives us the best long-term odds of avoiding a one-party state. Things have escalated too far for us to have the luxury of playing it safe, nominating someone else, and passively onlooking as the system metaphorically buttrapes the former president.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Biden is also old, and really, both parties are pushing the "Biden vs Trump" thing too far. Well, republicans do need Trump, but democrats can have someone other than Biden.
FLRW
FLRW

Reported for unwarranted Adhom.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Well said.
FLRW
FLRW

Remember that Trump supporters constructed a gallows near the Capitol in the hours before the 6 January riot.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@FLRW
All of the several thousand people present were involved in constructing a gallows?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
You explained why you take issue with Jan 6.  I agree with you; Jan 6 was terrorism.  

You didn't say how you would prevent it from happening again, and maybe being successful.

The only way you are going to wipe out MAGAism is if somebody assassinates Trump.
You seem to be confusing two different things. 

In the OP you talked about J6 as an event so that's what I was responding to. I didn't talk about how to prevent it because that's obvious - more security. The government failed to anticipate the size of the threat, that will not happen next time.

But what you seem to be talking about now is preventing MAGA extremism. That's an entirely different conversation and there isn't really an answer to it. Defeating an ideology is a years long battle which involves understanding where people are coming from and figuring out how to reach them. If anyone had the key to that we wouldn't need political campaigns.

Do you give Person B what they want (the $50K)?  If I loved my family, I would.  I hate person B, but I don't want my family getting raped and murdered.
False analogy for a number of reasons. First of all voting for Trump is not somehow going to make MAGA better.

Second, MAGA is a minority of this country, they do not have our family at gunpoint. They have lost every election since 2016, they don't have the kind of power you imply.

Third, Trump doesn't have our "wife and kids" to give back. You are acting like voting for Trump will result in some kind of personal benefit even if Trump also wins out. There's no benefit to reelecting the guy who tried to overthrow or democracy. Ask Germany.

You're trying to justify cowardice and demonstrating again a complete lack of core values. Do better.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you believe we are obligated to follow the constitution? YES or NO?
Of course. 
Then, if Trump did in fact engage in inserection, you would support removing him from the ballot correct?

Note that this is a very simple Yes or No question before sidestepping with your deflections.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Sure. Now go arrest him.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m curious if anyone voting for Biden in a Trump v Biden scenario would vote for Nikki Haley in a Haley v Biden scenario.
Not a chance.

I will say however, that if God came before me and left it entirely up to me to decide between one of two options: A president Nikki Haley or a Biden/Trump rematch, then, even though I believe Trump will lose, I wouldn't take that chance. I'd go with President Nikki Haley.