The media lied to me about Jan 6

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 57
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
I hate Jan 6; it was done by MAGA conservatives, and it shouldn't happen.

But the media was acting like Jan 6 protestors were violently trying to murder elected officials.

If MAGA conservatives wanted to murder elected officials, they would have brought their guns.

Lets just say it is pretty hard (maybe impossible) to violently overthrow a government without guns (especially if the party doing it are hardcore 2A advocates who waive gun flags as much as left wingers waive gay flags).

The media blew up the whole situation!

They must really want this Trump guy gone.  It's not because of, "Terminate the constitution" (they hated him before then).  It's not because they think he's a racist (John McCain is on the record of being pro confederacy and George Bush actually built the border wall and being anti black and anti undocumented are the media's reasons for thinking Trump is a racist).  Trump even deported less people than Biden and Obama.  The corporate media didn't call them racist.  

I might have to go red this election, although I'm pretty persuadable; I'm like Joe Rogan.  The left wing media (because Fox and OAN are part of mainstream media too) but CNN and NBC and all of that set are trying to see what sticks with Trump.  It so happened all the accusations of Trump being bigoted can be applied to other presidents (both democrat and republican) that mainstream media didn't complain about.

I don't know their reason for hating Trump (although their reason isn't a moral reason).  If it was a moral reason, they would tell the world what it is.

I know the left wing media is scared of Trump, so I might have to vote for Trump.

But I'm fairly persuadable on this, so let me know what you guys think.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
What about all the suppressed footage? Why did it take 3 years?
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
What about all the suppressed footage? Why did it take 3 years?
Unbelievable. What an idiot GP is

I don't know their reason for hating Trump
Because he tried to get help from Russia to get elected 
he lied over 30,000 times while President 
Because he botched the response to Covid and ended up killing over 1 million Americans 
Because he tried to shake down a foreign leader for help with his reelection 
Because he invented the Big Lie when he lost the 2020 election and incited an insurrection to prevent the peaceful transfer of power
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Reported for unwarranted Adhom.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh it was warranted. Still no work for the least popular substitute teacher in the country?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Reported for unwarranted Adhom.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@TheUnderdog

• MAGA is a radical Populist personality cult, about as far from American Conservatism as Pluto from the Earth.  Saying MAGA Conservative demonstartes a deep ignorance about the history and political positions of American Conservatives.  When you say "MAGA Conservative" you reveal to the politcally educated that you don't much about American Conservatism.
If MAGA conservatives wanted to murder elected officials, they would have brought their guns.
  • I would encourage you to educate yourself about the facts of Jan 6th.  As soon as you do, you will discover that the crowd chanted for hours "Hang Mike Pence."  The crowd brought effective nooses to with 30 feet of the place where Pence hid with his wife and family.  Pence has testified under oath that he understood that his family's lives were in terrible danger.  Remember that when Pence got to the limos, his regular team had been replaced by people he didn't know and Pence wisely ran away from that Secret Service team.  We still don't know what those dudes orders were.
Lets just say it is pretty hard (maybe impossible) to violently overthrow a government without guns (especially if the party doing it are hardcore 2A advocates who waive gun flags as much as left wingers waive gay flags).

• Putin did it with poison.  Xi overthrew the Chinese government and he only had to disappear a couple of the old school guys.  Trump wants to do it using our old fashioned and unnecessarrily complicated electoral system, using it or abusing it.
  • MAGA did bring a significant cache of guns to Jan 6th., more than enough to kill a few thousand necessary to secure the Capitol.
    • Keep in mind that DC has the strictest gun laws in the US and that if you wanted to see Trump talk that day you had to go through a series of magnetometers.  Recall that when the Secret Service complained to Trump that his followers were trying to smuggle long guns into the Stop the Steal Rally, Trump demanded that they be left alone.  "They're not here for me."  Trump explained in cold blood.
    • Nevertheless, more than 123 terrorists have been charged with using a  deadly weapon onto the Capitol grounds.  114 Police officers were hospitalized.
    • Much later, we learned that the Oath Keepers were guarding three caches of military weapons including grenades, bazookas,  AR-15s.  One Iraq vet testified thsy one cache waiting on a boat in the Potomac, less than a mile from the Capitol held  "more weapons than I've seen since the Iraq War."
    • Roger Stone made the call that the riot had failed to disable Congress' capacity to count the vote.  The pipe bombs failed to explode.  Stone expected Trump to be at the Capitol and the fact that Trump wasn't there was read by Stone as failure or cowardice.  Stone was on a plane to Florida 20 mins later., believing they were all about to get arrested.
    • We know of a couple of other independent caches, dudes who just filled their cars up with their home arsenals and drove an impressive array of arms including pipe bombs.
    • Also, there other pipe bombs planted that failed to go off.   Obviously the original plan was to bomb the DNC and RNC National headquarters simultaeously, so that most police would be away from teh Capitol when the mob arrived.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
    I would encourage you to educate yourself about the facts of Jan 6th.  As soon as you do, you will discover that the crowd chanted for hours "Hang Mike Pence."  The crowd brought effective nooses to with 30 feet of the place where Pence hid with his wife and family.  Pence has testified under oath that he understood that his family's lives were in terrible danger.  Remember that when Pence got to the limos, his regular team had been replaced by people he didn't know and Pence wisely ran away from that Secret Service team.  We still don't know what those dudes orders were.
Chanting, rope, Pence said he was scared. Even if all true, doesn't refute the point in the slightest. They owned tons of guns, they left them outside the city on purpose which is inconsistent with the hypothesis that they were attempting military action.

It also specifically excludes the definition of "insurrection"

Trump wants to do it using our old fashioned and unnecessarrily complicated electoral system, using it or abusing it.
If using legal arguments constitutes overthrowing a government, then what are all these prosecutions

MAGA did bring a significant cache of guns to Jan 6th
Not into the city.

more than enough to kill a few thousand necessary to secure the Capitol.
and yet the only people who died were protestors, one of them by a bullet.

Nevertheless, more than 123 terrorists have been charged with using a  deadly weapon onto the Capitol grounds
DC court charges mean nothing. They had flag poles, and in some cases the batons the police used on them first.

One Iraq vet testified thsy one cache waiting on a boat in the Potomac, less than a mile from the Capitol held  "more weapons than I've seen since the Iraq War."
Pictures? Evidence lists? What was this guy threatened with?

The pipe bombs failed to explode.
You mean the ones the feds probably left the day before?

We know of a couple of other independent caches, dudes who just filled their cars up with their home arsenals and drove an impressive array of arms including pipe bombs.
Imaginary pipe bombs again. Why were none of these terrible weapons at the capitol? Where are the pictures?

Obviously the original plan was to bomb the DNC and RNC National headquarters simultaeously, so that most police would be away from teh Capitol when the mob arrived.
A distraction that was 24 hours early huh? Why would capitol police run towards the sound of an explosion party headquarters? That's not their duty to protect.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
FBI, yeah right.  It was all on tape?   We've charged 1200+ out of what, two thousand, mostly based on tape, and not a single FBI agent has emerged?  Blaming the FBI at this point is an act of surreal faith, a belief in spite of the evidence.  True Q.  That's what separates a conspiracy theory fron fact-finding.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
FBI, yeah right.  It was all on tape?
The person who dropped off those supposed pipe bombs has never been identified.

You do realize that the feds aren't constrained by the laws of nature to have big identifying logos on them right? They don't even have to be on the employee roster. They call them "informants", just average everyday citizens who are being bribed or extorted into engineering plots against the government (see Whitmer false flag)

We've charged 1200+ out of what, two thousand, mostly based on tape
"We've" don't throw me in with the fascists show courts.

and not a single FBI agent has emerged?
<extreme sarcasm>Huh, well I guess you have a point. We all know that the charging apparatus is, like the pope, infallible and perfect. There is absolutely no way there could be a mechanism by which the fascist FBI who is looking at the tapes and sending lists of people to charge to their fascist so-called prosecutors might filter that list by removing their agent provocateurs.

Nah, impossible. You must be right. </extreme sarcasm>

That's what separates a conspiracy theory fron fact-finding.
"fact finding" "conspiracy theory" Right Mr. "They had bazookas in the potamic but I don't believe in conspiracy theories"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You do realize that the feds aren't constrained by the laws of nature to have big identifying logos on them right? They don't even have to be on the employee roster. They call them "informants", just average everyday citizens who are being bribed or extorted into engineering plots against the government (see Whitmer false flag)
Like Epps....
It's not like the public can demand that an FBI informant get any jail time for inciting a riot in the capitol....
FLRW
FLRW

Only a true Christian would say: Hang Mike Pence !
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Because he tried to get help from Russia to get elected 
he lied over 30,000 times while President 
Because he botched the response to Covid and ended up killing over 1 million Americans 
Because he tried to shake down a foreign leader for help with his reelection 
Because he invented the Big Lie when he lost the 2020 election and incited an insurrection to prevent the peaceful transfer of power
That's not the reason you hate him.

You hate him before he did those things.

If you think Trump is bad like Hitler, nobody hated Hitler before he did the Holocaust.  They (rightfully) hated him only after he did the Holocaust.

What was the first thing Trump did that caused you to hate him?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@oromagi
MAGA is a radical Populist personality cult
That I can understand.  Trump is very charismatic.

about as far from American Conservatism as Pluto from the Earth.
You are on the left.  If you actually believed this quote, you would like Trump, because he's far away from conservative based on this quote.

As soon as you do, you will discover that the crowd chanted for hours "Hang Mike Pence."  The crowd brought effective nooses to with 30 feet of the place where Pence hid with his wife and family.  
It might have been a prop, although I can understand Mike Pence being scared; I would have been too if I was in his situation.  If the Jan 6 people wanted to do real harm instead of all talk, they probably would bring guns.

• Putin did it with poison.  Xi overthrew the Chinese government and he only had to disappear a couple of the old school guys.  Trump wants to do it using our old fashioned and unnecessarrily complicated electoral system, using it or abusing it.
Russia doesn't have the same gun spirit that MAGA people have.  The MAGA crowd is so obsessed with the 2nd amendment and all that.

But with the electoral college, people know that if the electoral college was replaced with the popular vote, it helps democrats win elections.  This is why democrats want to get rid of the electoral college and republicans want to keep it.  Pretty much every American was fine with keeping the electoral college until the democrats learned that getting rid of it would help them in elections.  Canada has a parliamentary system, where the conservatives win the popular vote over the liberals, but liberals hang on to more seats.  If America did the same thing, Trump or some republican right now would be the prime minister of the US (because there are more republicans in the house than democrats).  This is the GOP reason for supporting the electoral college; they may say, "The founders wanted this", "Big city control", "Balance between big and small states".  The democrat's reasoning is, "One person; one vote".

People also know that old people are more likely to vote republican.  Democrats want to lower the voting age because they know it helps them in elections (and this is why republicans are opposed to it).  The democrats may say things like, "No taxation without representation" or, "16 year olds are more mentally developed" and the republicans may say things like, "We need more mature people voting".  If younger people were more likely to vote republican than older people, the parties would switch their talking points to give their party an advantage.

So if the electoral college got eliminated (a democrat boost), but also the voting age gets raised to 21(a republican boost), I don't know which party has the significant advantage in that scenario going forward.  Would you accept that?

MAGA did bring a significant cache of guns to Jan 6th., more than enough to kill a few thousand necessary to secure the Capitol.
Then why didn't they end up killing more people?

Keep in mind that DC has the strictest gun laws in the US
True (possibly), but the MAGA people say, "When Guns are outlawed, I will be an outlaw". They would open carry guns if they wanted to (irrespective of the law).

• Nevertheless, more than 123 terrorists have been charged with using a  deadly weapon onto the Capitol grounds.  114 Police officers were hospitalized.
Capitol Protesters Were Armed With Variety of Weapons - FactCheck.org states that 23 Jan 6 protestors (out of thousands) had guns.  That's 1%.  I would expect at least 50% would have guns since it's hardcore MAGA people.  It's 1%!

• We know of a couple of other independent caches, dudes who just filled their cars up with their home arsenals and drove an impressive array of arms including pipe bombs.
    • Also, there other pipe bombs planted that failed to go off.   Obviously the original plan was to bomb the DNC and RNC National headquarters simultaeously, so that most police would be away from teh Capitol when the mob arrived.

Where did you get this information?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
What was the first thing Trump did that caused you to hate him?
Let’s see, as a candidate in 2005, he gained notoriety by lying and saying he had found evidence the Barrack Obama was not born in Hawaii.

It was a lie for idiots like you. The idiots flocked to Trump.

Then he said that immigrants from Mexico were rapists and drug dealers, again lies for the idiots in America.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
What an idiot. Turning against American institutions in service to a fraud like fat Donald Trump.

The FBI
The courts
The military 
Doctors 

You are a disgrace 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
Trump is very charismatic.
Right, like Hitler was charismatic 

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
Fact check org:

Asha Rangappa, an attorney and former FBI agent, told us in an email that she did “not see the logic” in the claim that firearms had to be present for the Capitol riot to have been deemed an armed insurrection.
When I talk about deep state controlling institutions this is what I mean. You cite a website which styles itself a fact checker, and it repeats the claims of government thugs as if they were in the least bit relevant.

She also said we will never know how many rioters might have been armed with guns on Jan. 6, because only some were arrested that day.
Ah, so they might have been armed; just like they might have been feds. Somehow it's only a 'conspiracy theory' when the right-tribe does it.

Editor’s note: FactCheck.org is one of several organizations working with Facebook
*five continuous minutes of laughing ending in breathless sobs*

[TheUnderdog] states that 23 Jan 6 protestors (out of thousands) had guns.  That's 1%.  I would expect at least 50% would have guns since it's hardcore MAGA people.  It's 1%!
I know you're arguing they weren't as armed as they could have been, but you're conclusion is even more supported than you think.

Now for those of you who wonder what I mean when I say "propaganda" I mean this so called fact check. It is representative a vast number of propaganda mouthpieces for the deep state, this ones not even trying to hide its sources are feds.

They don't have to tell an explicit lie because they are masters of lying by implication and lying by omission. Why did Underdog think 23 people were known to have guns at the capitol? Because this article is expertly written to give that impression without actually saying it.

23 people have been charged with having deadly or dangerous weapons during the assault — including a loaded handgun found on a man arrested on Capitol grounds.
If you actually read the article they try to make the case that flagpoles and captured riot shields are deadly and dangerous weapons. If you take all claims as factual there was one person known to have a hand gun. One. Note the bolded 'a'.

The person who wrote this knew damn well that he or she could insert the report about a single handgun in the same sentence as "23" at the top of the page and most people would draw the conclusion that there were 23 armed people.

How much of this do you have to see before you realize you cannot trust these people?!

So I don't, as far as I am concerned even the claim of the single handgun is enemy propaganda. It's not unlikely that there was a handgun. I would bet there was one just on statistics alone; but a claim from deep state sources including DC court charging documents is anti-evidence. That is all else being equal a claim is less likely to be true because they have made it and they know warfare is deception.

TL;DR: The media lied to you, and you're still falling for some of it. Stop trusting them. Question motives. Notice patterns of falsehoods.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

Do you think ADOL wears a hat with horns and carries a spear?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
Do you ever say anything even slightly interesting? I know IWRA doesn't.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

So that is yes?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
A lot of low-energy trolling for a Thursday, maybe something's in the water today.
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Do you think ADOL wears a hat with horns and carries a spear?
Yes.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
maybe something's in the water today.
🤪
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Agreed Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a New York University historian who studies dictators: “Trump is a national security threat. He is radicalizing QAnon [people] further and exposing others at these rallies. He is preparing them to be his next army of thugs, ready to do his bidding when he needs them.”
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Trump had his 4 years as president. He screwed up badly. Highest disapproval rate since Nixon. Plus, his supporters proved that they are ready to reject democracy, by rejecting election results. Its a great cover up to pretend that people want Trump. Trump lost popular vote both times by difference in millions.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
And yet he is way ahead in all the swing states. RIP America.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
I know the left wing media is scared of Trump, so I might have to vote for Trump.

But I'm fairly persuadable on this, so let me know what you guys think.
I think if your biggest political concern is who left wing media hates, you should just stay home.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
And yet he is way ahead in all the swing states. RIP America.
He’s in the running because of idiots like you.