Who benefits from a decrease of social capital in America?

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 4
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Social capital refers to the resources embedded in social networks and social relationships that individuals can access and leverage for mutual benefit. It encompasses the trust, norms, and networks that facilitate voluntary cooperation and coordination among people. Social capital is considered a valuable asset for communities and societies as it objectively contributes to the overall well-being, economic development, and effective functioning of social groups.

Many policies enacted in the past 4 decades have eroded this in America.

My question to you guys is, who exactly benefits from these policies?
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
I tend to trust big companies over small companies.

Its just that small companies tend to disappoint more often, where big companies have reputation to hold.

Really, if you want any product, just look at top 2 companies who produce it - thats likely where the most quality is.

Small food stores often give me crappy food, especially if they are the ones making it.

Thats because workers in small stores are under less supervision. They do a poor job and no one cares enough to check.

But walk into any big company's store, and you not only get more choices and better prices, but also quality.

Small stores cant compete, but not because big stores cheat, but because big stores offer better quality and price.

Its same for almost any product. Buying from small producers will almost never give you better quality than buying from big producers.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Small food stores often give me crappy food, especially if they are the ones making it.
They do a poor job and no one cares enough to check.
This wasn't always the case. I guess you kinda answered my question then.
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
This wasn't always the case.
I dont know, but on the market, small producers are small for a reason. Same with stores.

I remember that long ago, small stores used to offer awesome fast food. Its just that the fast food they were making I could make at home in 5 minutes.

In fact, it took more time and money to buy same food from them than make it myself.

It was just simple food that one couldnt screw up. But as soon as you want complicated food which you have no time to make yourself, like pie, small stores fail at higher rate.

So the more complicated the product, big companies gain more advantage.

And products in capitalism do get more complicated over time, and new producers arent really trust worthy.

In fact, unless you are rich and want to try new things, there is no reason to buy expensive things from unknown producers.

Unknown producers are by definition unverified, where respected big companies are verified by many customers.