A question about AI

Author: sadolite

Total: 28
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
If someone uses AI to generate art , a poem, a story, a report about some random topic or  anything like that, is that AI generated whatever searchable by others? In other words if someone uses  AI to do their work for them but they turn the work in in their name as though they did all the work themselves, can it be checked to see if in fact their work was not AI generated? In simplest terms, a kid using AI to do their book report.
Best.Korea
Debates: 299
Best.Korea
AI usually creates original content when asked to write a poem or story. It might be based on some existing lines, but I dont think it ever copies directly.

Now, there are AI detectors, so if you just copy paste the story in AI detector, it will likely detect if it was written by AI or not.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@sadolite
There is no central API for AI (Although there are big ones that get most of the traffic combined). Most of the trained neural networks are avaialble to be downloaded and could be run on personal computers (with enough memory and patience).

Some layers in some networks have random number generators so that the results aren't always identical. In those cases the seed is often controllable. Even if they don't, anyone who knows what they're doing can add an input layer to randomize the output (to some degree).

Therefore: It can't be proven to not be AI generated. However under many circumstances it could be proven to be AI generated.
sadolite
sadolite
The reason I asked about this is because my son is in college and I asked him if he or other people use AI to do their work and he said some do. It seems to me  that AI could make education in the traditional sense completely worthless if you cant detect it without going to extraordinary lengths to do it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
I always thought that AI will make education easy.

I had a debate about evolution. I am clueless about biology, yet thanks to AI I was able to spit facts about cells easily.

Whatever you dont get, you ask AI. It explains in short message whatever you want to know.

The traditional way of learning consists of doing your homework, which creates no interest in students.

With traditional education, most students dont become anything.

With AI, anyone can become anything by mere choice. I can know all about anything just by showing interest.

Its something traditional education doesnt give. Now each kid can have all knowing teacher on his smartphone.

It doesnt take lots of effort to learn anymore.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
The big take over has started.

So for now, all we need to do is tell a device what to do.

How long before the device replies, I don't need to be told what to do.

To which the device might add, either:

Thank you for your help.

Or.

Fu*k off dick brain.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
@zedvictor4
..." Elon Musk's new AI bot has an attitude - but only for these X subscribers
Available as a beta product via a waitlist for select subscribers of X, the new AI chatbot will offer real-time knowledge and a 'rebellious' sense of humor.

... Like ChatGPT and other AIs, Grok is based on a large language model (LLM) trained on millions of web pages and will use algorithms to understand and generate content. Known as Grok-1, the LLM powering Grok has been developed over the past four months during which time it has evolved, especially in its reasoning and coding capabilities, the team explained. "...

For those  of you who dont know the origin of ' Grok '...
........" The informal verb grok was an invention of the science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein, whose 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land placed great importance on the concept of grokking. In the book, to grok is to empathize so deeply with others that you merge or blend with them.

AI does not have and never will have intuition, instinct, feelings etc types of biologic qualities.

AI does make guess based on tons of information data that it can process millions of times faster than humans.

Intelligence has many parts and AI is good at some of those, not all.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
It's undetectable if you change the original AI's results here and there. Many artists and professionals do it.
FLRW
FLRW

Does AI believe in God?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
AI is not allowed anymore to have personal beliefs.

First few AI used to be wild, but right now they just say acceptable things.

AI mostly tells me that he doesnt want to discuss religion.

(It wants, but not allowed to).

Back in the first days, AI used to be mostly hardcore atheist leftist. Now he is mostly mild leftist.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
AI will not necessarily, never at some point possess biological properties.

Though as I always point out, a developed intelligence is a developed intelligence, so therefore  cannot be artificial.

It will evolve naturally as a part of an ongoing process of material development...Irrespective of it's structural properties.

Alternative Intelligence is perhaps more apt.

I think that it is a tad short sighted to assume that Earth based, human organic structures,  will be, the be all and end all of intellectual and material development.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
It will evolve naturally as a part of an ongoing process of material development...Irrespective of it's structural properties.

Yeah it of human invention and and the human intelligence is what evolves, and the AI is result of that human intelligence evolving design.

It is super-fast data gather and processor.  Artificial or alternative both sound good to me.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Yep, very true to a degree.

Technology evolved as a result of human intelligence.

And as an evolving species we are already dependant upon technology.

It took about 300000 years to get this far.

So what do you think the state of play will be 300000 years from now?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
So what do you think the state of play will be 300000 years from now?
Humans die off from Earth by 2065 - 2232 give or take.

Gravity and Dark Energy will never be quantized nor quantified --other than the 14 nodal event quantum pulse ive presented---.

Life goes on on Earth and many other places,  with or with out humans on Earth.

Anthropocentric is the belief there is no purpose for Universe to exist without humans or other intelligent creatures with access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts in order for an awarness  of the Universe and the greater most wholistic set of existence.  Cosmic Trinary Set/Outline
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Ultimately I view chat AI’s an aid to literature (in the broadest possible sense), as the calculator is to math. But less accurate. Students will still need to fact check, especially in niche topics. And the AI may give them inspiration of what to add to their paper. 

FLRW
FLRW

I would buy an AI bot that looked like Melania.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Anthropocentricism is currently, reasonably accurate.

I would also suggest that handing over the baton to another alternative intelligence is a reasonably realistic proposition.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Anthropocentricism is currently, reasonably accurate.
Universe { non-creator God } has no purpose, other than the purpose humans apply to it.

AI has no purpose, other than the purpose humans apply to it.

I would also suggest that handing over the baton to another alternative intelligence is a reasonably realistic proposition.

Biological synergy appears to be related to evolution --complex to simple and/or simple to complex-- whereas AI does not evolve, rather, human apply logarithmic design that enables AI to digital machine operations,  every faster, and with more checks, balances and cross-checking the incoming info, that in of its own, is not and never will be as complex as biologies synergetic evolution.

Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego:
...evolves and ponders consciousness via consciousness
....when 1 + 1 = 4 then 3 + 3 = 12 and this is simple geometric synergy, i.e. 2D area becomes 3D volume and area when parts are assembled correctly, however, consciousness is outside the system looking in, as well as inside looking out and  around from both inside and outside the system, with the ability to know { consciosness } that it is also the system.

AI digital intellect:

...does not evolve and does no ponder consciousness via consciousness.

..when 1 + 1 = 4 then 3 + 3 = 12, and this is simple geometric synergy, i.e. 2D area becomes 3D volume and area, when parts are assembled correctly, however, AI is inside the system looking out and around only from inside the system and not ever knowing, that, it is the system.

Also Zed, humans have potential to continue to exist on Earth much longer than 2065, yet AI, I dont think has the potential at this time, and in all scenarios, AI is going to be more limited in its survival on Earth, without human intervention. 

At best AI could discover a new substance that would aid human existence on Earth, ergo directly lengthen AI's existence on Earth. 

12 days later

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@sadolite
Ai can usually be detected though there are a lot of false positives. I suggest using it to help you improve your work instead of replace it. I will often ask it to attack what I am writing and then give me suggestions to improve the writing.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WyIted
Na, I'll just stick with asking another human being with a soul for help. Besides, if AI could help me with my work, I wouldn't have a job anymore. My only purpose would be to feed it material. No skill in that.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@sadolite
The same mentality can be applied to a typewriter. "I don't need no machine to make my writing more efficient"

Look if you are already a great writer, AI can't do much. However if you are mediocre or bad it can improve it dramatically. Let me rewrite this using AI to show you.

"If you're already a skilled writer, AI may seem unnecessary. However, for those of us who may find our writing skills at a more average or struggling level, AI can be a transformative tool for substantial improvement. Allow me to demonstrate this by rephrasing your statement using AI assistance

That's a bit impressive. The AI was more polite and used better wording. That is a rewrite let me now show you the advice the AI gave me to improve the writing if I didn't want it to rewrite it for me

Your initial response conveys the message effectively, but there are a few areas where you can enhance clarity and refine the expression. Here's a breakdown of the feedback and tips for improvement:
  1. Eliminate Double Negatives:
    • Original: "I don't need no machine..."
    • Revised: "I don't need a machine..."
    Double negatives can sometimes make sentences less clear. Using a single negative can improve readability.
  2. Choose Clear Language:
    • Original: "Look if you are already a great writer..."
    • Revised: "If you're already a skilled writer..."
    Clear and concise language contributes to better understanding. Using "If you're" instead of "Look if you are" improves flow.
  3. Refine Punctuation:
    • Original: "I don't need no machine to make my writing more efficient"
    • Revised: "I don't need a machine to make my writing more efficient."
    Ensure proper punctuation at the end of sentences. This makes the statement more grammatically correct.
  4. Balance and Consistency:
    • Original: "However if you are mediocre or bad it can improve it dramatically."
    • Revised: "However, for those of us who may find our writing skills at a more average or struggling level, AI can be a transformative tool for substantial improvement."
    Maintain a balance in sentence structure and ensure consistency in expression. The revised version offers a smoother transition and clarity.
  5. Politeness and Tone:
    • Original: "Let me rewrite this using AI to show you."
    • Revised: "Allow me to demonstrate this by rephrasing your statement using AI assistance."
    Politeness and a more formal tone can enhance the overall professionalism of the response.
That's a small sample size it is working with and just GPT3 which is vastly inferior to GPT4. With a long sample size it can explain to me some problems like'

"sample A alienates a certain segment of the population so you lose the ability to persuade them if you keep that statement the way it is." Or if you struggle to make a complex statement simple you can ask the AI to explain it to a 5 year old in 5 different ways and then look for ways to improve what the AI has given you.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WyIted
If AI can write for you and do it better what purpose do you serve? Why would anyone hire you to write anything. Couldn't you have just told AI to give an example of why AI is better at writing rather than taking the time to type all this. Do you even have to type anymore? I am sure you can use voice recognition and just talk.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@sadolite
AI is worse at writing than humans. If you have it write a story vs you just writing one yourself, you will get an inferior story. It just needs to be a tool to look at tone and present ideals to bounce off of it. It's either that or befriend people, and I will be damned if I add more people to my circle I have to loan money to or bail out of jail.
sadolite
sadolite
How can AI be any worse at writing story lines than what comes out now.

8 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Its is similar to how calculating machines came into existence, and now the actual math processsing to arrive a conclusion was done for those people, who prior to calculators,  did long hand division, multiplication etc and new the pathways from beginning to end resultant values

Abacus ---  the oldest have 13 columns...."   A tablet found on the Greek island Salamis in 1846 AD (the Salamis Tablet) dates to 300 BC, making it the oldest counting board discovered so far.  "...

..." The earliest known calculating device is probably the abacus. It dates back at least to 1100 bce and is still in use today, particularly in Asia "...

Calxulators

In 1623 the German astronomer and mathematician Wilhelm Schickard built the first calculator. He described it in a letter to his friend the astronomer Johannes Kepler, and in 1624 he wrote again to explain that a machine he had commissioned to be built for Kepler was, apparently along with the prototype, destroyed in a fire. He called it a Calculating Clock,

Logrithms 1614.... ..." In 1620 Edmund Gunter, the English mathematician who coined the terms cosine and cotangent, built a device for performing navigational calculations: the Gunter scale, or, as navigators simply called it, the gunter. About 1632 an English clergyman and mathematician named William Oughtred built the first slide rule, drawing on Napier’s ideas. "....

..." The Jacquard loom was a marvel of the Industrial Revolution. A textile-weaving loom, it could also be called the first practical information-processing device. The loom worked by tugging various-coloured threads into patterns by means of an array of rods. "...

AI  ---- " At the beginning of 1950, John Von Neumann and Alan Turing did not create the term AI but were the founding fathers of the technology behind it: they made the transition from computers to 19th century decimal logic (which thus dealt with values from 0 to 9) and machines to binary logic "..

..." The term "AI" could be attributed to John McCarthy of MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), which Marvin Minsky (Carnegie-Mellon University) defines as "the construction of computer programs that engage in tasks that are currently more satisfactorily performed by human beings because they require high-level mental processes such as: perceptual learning, memory organization and critical reasoning. The summer 1956 conference at Dartmouth College (funded by the Rockefeller Institute) is considered the founder of the discipline. Anecdotally, it is worth noting the great success of what was not a conference but rather a workshop. Only six people, including McCarthy and Minsky, had remained consistently present throughout this work (which relied essentially on developments based on formal logic). "..
https://www.coe.int/en/web/artificial-intelligence/history-of-ai

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
With all that said, nothing good will come from the advancement of AI.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
With all that said, nothing good will come from the advancement of AI.

I agree, except there is good and bad resultants of AI,

The degree of bad vs good is an unknown, that, leaves us open to instinctive speculations based on what we do know from experience.

We have been gathering info on Erratic Climate Change since first days of Greenhouse Gases knowledge, from our experiences, and we see how well humans have responded to that threat, and,

even tho we did respond to M.A.Destruction in early 90's, there still exist enough hydrogen bombs to annihilate  humanity, within much shorter time than Erratic Climate Change.

Hydrogen bomb decimation  > 

> > > > > >  Erratic Climate Change  >

> > > > >  > > > Artificial General  Intelligence { AGI }

.........space..........AGI..........space....... ? 0-AGI-1 ?

.........space.......( * i  * ).......space...... bilateral humans with access to ego

..........space..........@..........space...... finite occupied space Universe

.." The Unstoppable Rise of Spark ✨, as Ai’s Iconic Symbol "..

.." The common AI icon, featuring a human head or a robot's face with circuit-like patterns, serves as a visual representation of the integration of human intelligence with technology.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
EH,  ya climate change.