What does homophobia really mean?

Author: Mall

Total: 52
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mall
Stephen wrote: And I am still waiting for the "transsexual community" to explain to me what "rights" they believe they are missing out on?

Perhaps using the facilities of choice in spite of how they physically appear.
That makes them fkn perverts in my opinion.  Do these bastards not take into the consideration of mothers with children into their selfish accounts.  Do they not have a right to privacy?
Just to be even suggesting these things is fkn sick never mind discussing it.

I will end my involvement with this thread right here. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
People who are homephobic think gayness is a choice. It is not, Males with a genetic condition called androgen insensitivity syndrome can develop female genitalia and are usually brought up as girls, despite being genetically male – with an X and Y chromosome – and they are attracted to men.
Psuedoscientific bullshit. No one is prepared to say there is a test to predict being homosexual. If there was, every parent would have their child tested and the imbalance corrected. That would then be called "homophobia" or "gay genocide" or something.

PS. This lie is especially vile, it forms the basis of the push to mutilate children. Homosexual tendencies do not justify irrational genital butchery. A homosexual with working organs is far better equipped to lead a happy productive life than a "heterosexual" transitioned person with no fertility, constant infections, dependence on giant pharmaceutical companies for hormones (and the hormones are still messed up).

They obsess over gender roles, and then they ENFORCE THE GENDER ROLES by claiming that if a boy acts as they think a girl should act or vice versa then they aren't really a boy and this somehow means it's time for hormone blockers.

There is nothing irrational about fearing a society which would rather reach for a scalpel then accept tomboys and boys men who are interested in fashion.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
"You chose your sexual orientation?  If it was a choice then that means it could have gone either way, you chose to be heterosexual, but you could have chosen to be gay.   If you are attracted to both genders, how did you make the decision, why did you choose to be straight?  "

You missed what I just said. Let me go over it again word by word. You just quoted it and missed it.
You said sexual orientation was achoice, I find that very interesting, it was not a choice for me, I don’t thinkyou realize what a curiosity you are.

"Well to some extent just about everyone would be homophobic because just about everyone thinks gayness is an act of choice."

Keywords there that should of stood out were "act of choice".

So how does someone ACT out gayness?
I wouldn’t know, does it havesomething to do with decorating, accessorizing, maybe flamboyance?   

Tell me this, how many Bette Midleralbums do you own?

If someone chooses to act upon their desires is that not a choice?
I think I understand, you havehomosexual desires, but you choose to not act on them, and that is what makesit a choice for you, is that it?

This is why I said it is thought to be a choice to some extent. To some degree or portion of it is. I didn't say all of it. 
Is it like a dual aspect thing? Wouldit be fair to say you are gay on the inside, but straight on the outside? Isthat it?

I notice when we feel so strongly in opposition we so easily zoom pass all the details someone has put. Slow down, come to an understanding to all that has been communicated to you.
I'm confused, are you referring to yourself as “we”now?

Again gayness or homosexuality is not just having the sexual attraction. It can be acted out as well which is the choice portion. 
If your sexual preference is othermen, but you don’t act on it, I don’t think that means you aren’t gay, I think itjust means you are a gay person who is celibate.  I mean, a heterosexual that isn’t getting anyis still a heterosexual.  It really seemsto me that someone who is attracted to men but chooses to sleep with women isjust a gay guy who sleeps with women.

So by definition of homophobic meaning those that are think gayness is a choice, well they'd be correct in part or portion. 
So you are only part gay? 

Just about everybody that knows this about gayness would have to fit this label based on the definition given for it.
You seem to think there are a lot of people like you, but Idon’t think that is the case.  I havenever met a gay person that claims they chose to be gay, I have never met aheterosexual who claims they chose to be heterosexual, the fact that you had tochoose is very unusual, I think it would be fair to say you are quiteunique. 

Maybe you aren’t gay, but I really don’t think you areheterosexual either, certainly not a normal heterosexual, perhaps you fit in adifferent category altogether.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Why is a gay person necessarily a heterophobe?

Yep, exactly my point.

Why is a non-gay person necessarily a homophobe.

Ism.

Expand you dictionary knowledge a bit.

A distinctive practice, system or philosophy.

Interesting that one might have views concerning homophobia, but no views concerning potential lesbophobia.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@zedvictor4
Interesting that one might have views concerning homophobia, but no views concerning potential lesbophobia.
Lesbians didn’t exist 2000 years ago. Jokes aside, homo means same. Homosapien for example. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Reece101
Lesbians didn’t exist 2000 years ago.
Of course they did, regardless of whether you're talking about the inhabitants of Lesbos or female homosexuals.

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I was referring to biblical/Abrahamic bigotry. 
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
I expand it by asking folks what they mean when using terms that they decide to use being that's where words and definitions come from, people.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
"You said sexual orientation was achoice, I find that very interesting, it was not a choice for me, I don’t thinkyou realize what a curiosity you are."

Please quote exactly where I said " sexual orientation was achoice". Word for word , not paraphrased but in exact wording please.

"I wouldn’t know, does it havesomething to do with decorating, accessorizing, maybe flamboyance?   "

Let's go over the definition of gay or gayness. At least when I use the terms. Maybe you use them differently. It's having the an attraction sexually between to males and or engaging in the act of sexual activity between the two. Having some affiliation with that.

So yes that is how it is acted out .

"I think I understand, you havehomosexual desires, but you choose to not act on them, and that is what makesit a choice for you, is that it?"

Do you actually want a serious dialogue or are you looking to just ad hominem attack?

I'm not here to attack anybody. Take no offense please.

The rest of what you had to say was getting personal. I understand if this subject is sensitive but let us not get personal.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Sensitive subject huh. Can we all just interact without hostility in peace?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
What is your definition of homophobia?
The definition of homophobia is an irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or gay people.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
It goes without saying that menare afraid of woman, all women, straight, lesbian, all women scare the shit out of me, and if you know what's good for you, you will be afraid too.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
"You said sexual orientation was achoice, I find that very interesting, it was not a choice for me, I don’t thinkyou realize what a curiosity you are."

Please quote exactly where I said " sexual orientation was achoice". Word for word , not paraphrased but in exact wording please.

"I wouldn’t know, does it havesomething to do with decorating, accessorizing, maybe flamboyance?   "

Let's go over the definition of gay or gayness. At least when I use the terms. Maybe you use them differently. It's having the an attraction sexually between to males and or engaging in the act of sexual activity between the two. Having some affiliation with that.

So yes that is how it is acted out .

"I think I understand, you havehomosexual desires, but you choose to not act on them, and that is what makesit a choice for you, is that it?"

Do you actually want a serious dialogue or are you looking to just ad hominem attack?

The rest of what you had to say was getting personal. I understand if this subject is sensitive but let us not get personal.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall

How about no, you said it was achoice, and that is what I’m responding to, that is what I find interesting,the parsing words game that is played here is not in any way interesting to me.  You said it, you know you said it, quitplaying games.  You experienced your sexualorientation differently than I did, very differently, I did not have a choicein the matter, and aside from you, I don’t know any one that did.  I’m trying to understand your point of viewis all.

"I wouldn’t know, does it have something to do with decorating, accessorizing, maybe flamboyance?   "

Let's go over the definition of gay or gayness. At least when I use the terms.
We aren’t gonna start with that “weall get to have our own definition of words” thing are we, when these conversationsstoop to that level it is no longer interesting, valuable, or informative, whenyou play the definitions card, it becomes nothing but a meaningless game. Weall know what the word “gay” means, let's move on.

Maybe you use them differently. It's having the an attraction sexually between to males and or engaging in the act of sexual activity between the two. Having some affiliation with that.
Close enough, you said homosexualityis a choice, it logically follows that you “chose” your own orientation, isthat the case or is it not the case? 

So yes that is how it is acted out.

"I think I understand, you have homosexual desires, but you choose to not act on them, and that is what makesit a choice for you, is that it?"

I suppose if you were homophobic youcould see my curiosity as an ad hominem attack, but that isn’t my intent, youchose your sexual orientation, that means it could have gone either way foryou, I think that is fascinating, it is completely foreign to my normalheterosexual way of thinking, and so I want to understand it, why are you afraidto discuss it?

I take no offense, why would I carethat you had to choose to be heterosexual, nothing offensive about that, I just find itinteresting, very interesting.  I guessthe question becomes, why are you so uncomfortable with my questions, are youashamed?

You shared something about yourself that was interesting,and by all accounts it’s somewhat unique, I don’t see how we can discusssomething that is unique about you without it being personal.  Why does it make you uncomfortable to discussit? Are you sorry you revealed that about yourself?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
Ok.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
Well.

I can definitely say that I am not afraid of women.

Which isn't to say that people of either gender cannot be scary at times.

Just said either gender there to wind up the multi-genderists.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
Be afraid, be very afraid.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
Well, when all is said and done, femininity represents the species as much as masculinity does.

If the species eventually becomes single gendered and asexually reproductive.

Then so be it.

As long as the species survives and completes it's task.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
Well, when all is said and done, femininity represents the species as much as masculinity does.

If the species eventually becomes single gendered and asexually reproductive.

Then so be it.

As long as the species survives and completes it's task.
What is its task?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
Theoretically, perpetuating the processes of material evolution.

Ultimately achieving the resurrection of the Universe.

Long way to go...A lot to do.

And whether or not humans will be along for the whole journey.

Hmmmmmm.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
Theoretically, perpetuating the processes of material evolution.
Why only "material" evolution?

Ultimately achieving the resurrection of the Universe.
Interesting choice of words, I presume you don't mean it in the traditional religious sense, what do you mean by "resurrection of the Universe"?
Long way to go...A lot to do.
And miles to go before I sleep.

And whether or not humans will be along for the whole journey.
They appear to be hell bent on making it "not".

Hmmmmmm.
Ommmmmm.

15 days later

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
“Dude it’s literally just a house, walk in.”