Total: 52
Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
What is your definition of homophobia?
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
The fear that homosexuals will ruin your country or indoctrinate your children or turn them gay. Well, the list of fears included in homophobia is long.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Mall

Poor Design
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
So it is therefore homophobic to be fearful of homosexual men child molesters that have caused a traumatic effect on a male child whom has grown up to act out in homosexual affairs, choosing to engage in it as in effect and response to coping with the traumatic experience .

The experience has disfigured them or scarred them, perhaps warped them into reenacting the behavior.
Mall
Mall
-->
@FLRW
This is interesting. Will you elaborate further for us?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
So it is therefore homophobic to be fearful of homosexual men child molesters
While its true that child molesters can be straight, gay or bi, why does that demand a fear of homosexuals who are not child molesters?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Let me put it this way.

Would you promote hate against straight people just because most child molesters are straight?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Mall
People who are homephobic think gayness is a choice. It is not, Males with a genetic condition called androgen insensitivity syndrome can develop female genitalia and are usually brought up as girls, despite being genetically male – with an X and Y chromosome – and they are attracted to men. This suggests that testosterone is needed to “masculinize” a prenatal brain; if that doesn’t happen, the child will grow up to desire men.
Similarly, girls who have a genetic condition called congenital adrenal hyperplasia are exposed to unusually high levels of male hormones like testosterone while in the womb, which may masculinize their brain and increase the odds of lesbianism.
This is poor quality control design. Why would a Creator need 40 trillion cells to create a person? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
People who are homephobic think gayness is a choice.
If being gay is a choice, why would someone choose to be straight?

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Tru dat !
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
I don't see why it would demand a fear of non molesters. That's why I specifically mentioned molesters because there are or could be homosexuals that are molesters. 

Being the way you defined homophobia, just about everyone in their apprehensive right mind against molestation is homophobic .
Mall
Mall
-->
@FLRW
"People who are homephobic think gayness is a choice."

Well to some extent just about everyone would be homophobic because just about everyone thinks gayness is an act of choice.

Basic reason being is that being gay is not simply just attraction, it also involves acting out on it too.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
No. I don't promote hate period. 
The subject is regarding fear. I may fear something that doesn't necessarily have to warrant hate.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
"If being gay is a choice, why would someone choose to be straight?"

One reason I can think of is a dual life to keep up a front. I understand this was happening a lot decades ago.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Homo is a shortened form of the word homosexual.

And a phobia is an irrational fear of something.

I doubt that many people are truly homophobic.

So the term homophobic is generally used as a sarcastic slur, aimed at someone who doesn't necessarily agree with homosexual ideology.

Just like all gays are heterophobes.

And of course, lesbianism is an unavoidably horny concept.

Or so I am told.

What are your views on Lesbianism Mall?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Being the way you defined homophobia
My definition includes all homosexuals.

Fearing all because some are bad translates into fearing all people, not just homosexuals.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
"People who are homephobic think gayness is a choice."

Well to some extent just about everyone would be homophobic because just about everyone thinks gayness is an act of choice.

Basic reason being is that being gay is not simply just attraction, it also involves acting out on it too.
You chose your sexual orientation?  If it was a choice then that means it could have gone either way, you chose to be heterosexual, but you could have chosen to be gay.   If you are attracted to both genders, how did you make the decision, why did you choose to be straight?  

I find this fascinating, I'm heterosexual, I didn't choose to be, I just am, and I could not have chosen to be gay, for me that was never an option.  I'm sincerely interested in understanding why it was a choice for you?  So you chose heterosexual, and you act on it, but the capacity to be gay is there, but you choose not to act on it.  When you are attracted to another man but don't act on it, do you fantasize about it.  Do you ever imagine your partner is a man?  

I'm curious as hell about this "choice" thing for you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
What is your definition of homophobia?

"homophobia" another word created by the left wing nutjobs to play the victim at every chance.

As has already been pointed out above at #15. A phobia is an "irrational fear" of something or someone. Emphasis on - irrational.

irrational
/ɪˈraʃən(ə)l/
adjective
  • 1.not logical or reasonable: "irrational feelings of hostility".

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
The word was created to marginalize and discredit people who would disagree with anything  homosexuals would put forward in their social agenda.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
"You chose your sexual orientation?  If it was a choice then that means it could have gone either way, you chose to be heterosexual, but you could have chosen to be gay.   If you are attracted to both genders, how did you make the decision, why did you choose to be straight?  "

You missed what I just said. Let me go over it again word by word. You just quoted it and missed it.

"Well to some extent just about everyone would be homophobic because just about everyone thinks gayness is an act of choice."

Keywords there that should of stood out were "act of choice".

So how does someone ACT out gayness?

If someone chooses to act upon their desires is that not a choice?
This is why I said it is thought to be a choice to some extent. To some degree or portion of it is. I didn't say all of it. 
I notice when we feel so strongly in opposition we so easily zoom pass all the details someone has put. Slow down, come to an understanding to all that has been communicated to you.

Again gayness or homosexuality is not just having the sexual attraction. It can be acted out as well which is the choice portion. 

So by definition of homophobic meaning those that are think gayness is a choice, well they'd be correct in part or portion. 
Just about everybody that knows this about gayness would have to fit this label based on the definition given for it.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Do you disagree with homosexuality or the agenda with it?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Do you agree that all gays are heterophobes?
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Why is a gay person a heterophobe?

What makes them that?

Lesbianism. "Ism" is usually a system of something. Are you referring to a working system, network of females having sexual desires and relationships in society?

I don't think I have any views on a system of it unless we're talking about its effect on society.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Then part of homophobia or part of the reasons are rational because of the molestation factor. Do you follow ?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall

I have seen no evidence that suggests this. 

And I am still waiting for the "transsexual community" to explain to me what "rights" they believe they are missing out on?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Then part of homophobia or part of the reasons are rational because of the molestation factor. Do you follow ?
No, because most molesters are straight or bi.

Again, fearing all homosexuals because some are bad, while not fearing all straight when some are bad, is a double standard.

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Mall

I’d say per capita most boy oriented molesters are in the closet. If anything, they’re self-hating.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Reece101
Why would they be self hating?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
You're not getting what I'm saying. If you do please summarize all I just said.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Perhaps using the facilities of choice in spite of how they physically appear.