-->
@Castin
bsh is very much DDO 'new money'.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I thought he'd been on DDO for a good while.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
I think REF is half complimenting half looking down on bsh1. New money refers to kids not born into wealth who 'make it' but then who rub it in your face kinda too.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
I kind of noticed that you listed people you don't like as Royals and also said I am not a Royal "by choice" (whatever that means). Does Royal have a negative connotation?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
I get along relatively speaking with both Lunatic and ShabShoral. I like Virt as a person and don't hate Mike. I don't hate royals. They are the Illuminati of DDO and none more so than Coal (on par with airmax but even worse in my eyes as he actively used his power and garnered it by tactically being the 'rebel advocate' in his early days and turncoating at an optimal time) but I don't inherently hate them.

I mean, coal, AKA YYW, embodies 'royal'. If Joey had stuck around he and YYW would be at severe odds for the 'alpha royal' but since Joey isn't around anymore unless he's Mike, then YYW is the only true Royal of a diehard manner left. Don't get me wrong, YYW earned his royalty and was very strategic about his social plays but morally it's questionable how he ended up there.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Well I think the only users there who could be called Royals on DART are Virt and Mike. And I don't think I would be a Royal regardless of my personal choice. You make it sound like Royals are manipulators so I'm not sure I'd ever want to be seen as one.

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
No he joined a year or so after me and I consider myself as being a newcomer compared to most of the DDO blue bloods. The only real old money ddo people on here are thett and coal. Then there are the kiddies who joined like Joey and esocial and Vaarka. Most of the real ddo aristocracy left as the forfeit bug slowly devastated debate, leaving a site which was increasingly more social, with cliques instead of a hierarchy.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
What was the bug?
Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
No he joined a year or so after me and I consider myself as being a newcomer compared to most of the DDO blue bloods. The only real old money ddo people on here are thett and coal. 
If they're the old money, I must be ancient! Back in my day, votebombing was as easy creating a bunch of accounts on your computer and destroying the win ratios of your enemies! And there was nothing to be done about it! =)

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Logical-Master
Thett and Danielle are your peers. Ref overestimates yyw's join date because yyw's profile isn't easy to access at all.
Yyw is equally ancient as me. He joined literally one era prior to ref (can I admit who he is yet?) And bsh1.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Yyw is definitely superior to his ancestors in the social hierarchy though. Thett is almost on par via shifting alliances between royals.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
@Logical-Master
If they're the old money, I must be ancient! Back in my day, votebombing was as easy creating a bunch of accounts on your computer and destroying the win ratios of your enemies! And there was nothing to be done about it! =)

Haha, I remember that was a year or so before the point at which I joined and people still talked about it, which was just after the Ancap exodus. In my mind, the 'old blood' DDO people saw that drama play out and were still around after the fallout, because they really defined the culture of the site at its peak activity. Then the forfeit bug happened (Castin, it meant that if anyone forfeited a round the debate bugged out and was stuck in time, never progressing. So if someone forfeited, nobody won and you lost all of your work) and debate just kind of slowly faded out.

Most of my heavy activity was during the clique phase. RM's 'insight' is typically monomaniacal, focusing complete on relevance to him as a person even though he had no real role to play in the sites development since his ban, being mostly a sideshow. I liked Joey as a person, but he was kinda like the one guy in the group that everyone poked fun at, all in good humor (and he had the grace to roll with the punches and crack a joke at his own expense every once in a while). The idea that he was a 'royal' was ludicrous, especially since during his heyday there was no real site 'royalty' aside from a few lingering old members who grew more distant as the debating side of the site died. There were mostly cliques, and constant drama, with most of the cliques dissolving and reforming based on daily happenings. The more solid cliques (like mine) generally had more influence because we stuck together through thick and thin instead of betraying each other (we didn't take the site seriously enough to actually be nasty to each other over some dumb internet drama, lol).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Most of my heavy activity was during the clique phase.
'Heavy' by your scaling. 'Clique phase' by your terms.
RM's 'insight' is typically monomaniacal, focusing complete on relevance to him as a person
Because you say so.

even though he had no real role to play in the sites development since his ban, being mostly a sideshow.
What role did anyone have? Juggle ran shit ignoring all of us, genius.

I liked Joey as a person, but he was kinda like the one guy in the group that everyone poked fun at, all in good humor (and he had the grace to roll with the punches and crack a joke at his own expense every once in a while).
No. It heavily got to him, he was in severe rage and agony at the jokes and was a petulant attention-hog in the hangouts and on-site. You can say I am much the same except Joey lacked assertiveness, meaning he'd have to get revenge by much more subtle, carefully planned means of strategised drama.

The idea that he was a 'royal' was ludicrous, especially since during his heyday there was no real site 'royalty'
You seem to think being ancient = royal. Many old timers like me and, as you mentioned, Vaarka are not royalty at all.
aside from a few lingering old members who grew more distant as the debating side of the site died. There were mostly cliques, and constant drama, with most of the cliques dissolving and reforming based on daily happenings. The more solid cliques (like mine) generally had more influence because we stuck together through thick and thin instead of betraying each other (we didn't take the site seriously enough to actually be nasty to each other over some dumb internet drama, lol).

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm surious, what do you think I am as a flamewarrior?
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
*curious
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Castin
I almost unleashed my fury on Polytheist_Witch today. Almost. I got pretty mad after she what she said to Thett3 in a different thread.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
No sense more people being banned for getting caught up in that thing.

Although I suppose it did rob you of an opportunity to give me the evidence I require. In the absence of such evidence, I say you're actually a Big Cat.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
Holy crap yes. That fits me even better.
coal
coal
-->
@RationalMadman
Who is Ref?

I may have been royalty on DDO, but here I am an increasingly obsolete power source.  I'm basically irrelevant.  

coal
coal
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Thett and I will be spending the weekend at Windsor, contemplating the empire's having fallen. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
Holy crap yes. That fits me even better.
I thought so. It's not too much of a demotion. Still more prestigious than mine, I'd say.
Castin
Castin
Who is our resident Eagle Scout?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
I don’t consider it a demotion.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@coal
Muhahahahaha

Bask in the greatness of the new DART Elite.
coal
coal
-->
@Mharman
I don't really think there is an "elite" on DART.  It's not established enough as a site for an aristocracy to have emerged.

Thett and I are enjoying Windsor, though.  You can visit if you like.  
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@coal
There is a definite aristocracy on DART.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@coal
Do send me a letter once the foxhunt and customary two hours of foreboding horizon-staring from the ramparts have concluded.
coal
coal
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Sadly we had to cancel the fox hunt.  The damned animal rights activists whined to the point that it wasn't even worth it.  We replaced it with more foreboding horizon-staring in abject silence.  Feel free to join.  There's some decent, but not excellent brandy in the parlor.  We'll be out on the upper terrace.  
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
I liked Joey as a person, but he was kinda like the one guy in the group that everyone poked fun at, all in good humor (and he had the grace to roll with the punches and crack a joke at his own expense every once in a while).
No. It heavily got to him, he was in severe rage and agony at the jokes and was a petulant attention-hog in the hangouts and on-site. You can say I am much the same except Joey lacked assertiveness, meaning he'd have to get revenge by much more subtle, carefully planned means of strategised drama.

RM, this is typical narcissism. You're projecting your own insecurities on to Joey, describing him with the same terms which you use to describe yourself. Along with splitting, this is your most common defense mechanism. In your moral universe, everyone is good or evil, and their position vacillates wildly depending solely on their relationship with you. When you want to sympathize with someone, you describe them as being 'in agony' or 'bullied' even if there is no outward signs of them feeling this way. This insidiously leads to a complete failure of empathy, as you see people as either psychological reflections of yourself or as cardboard antagonists. And it doesn't take much for you to see someone as an enemy. Narcissists aren't evil, they're usually broken in some way, and the grandiose self-perception is a way to avoid addressing the real root of the problem. The issue is that this self-perception is necessarily fragile, and the psychological consequences of letting it collapse are dire to the afflicted individual. They need to believe that they are strong, great, beautiful, successful at any cost, because that is the only ballast keeping them afloat. If they stop believing it for a second, then they need to address the trauma that lead them to escape into self-love in the first place (which is horrifying to them) so any sign of this delusion failing provokes an outlash of 'narcissistic rage'. This can be debilitating, as the afflicted individual becomes obsessed with the smallest slights, not even to themselves, but to an absurdly distorted self-image, and anyone attempting to bring them back to reality, to unravel the fragile ego shell which is suffocating them, is instantly branded as a mortal enemy. This is why you can't form a long-standing, healthy relationship with anyone on this site. It's why you are easy to manipulate. In reality, you just aren't the strongest, the toughest, the greatest, or the most intelligent. In reality, underneath the layers of paranoia and self-obsession, you're just a pretty average guy who is clinging to his vanity, even as it strangles him. Nobody on a website can break you out of this shirt of flame that you've put on, and staying here is just aggravating your condition.

"What could I make of so much suffering? There was no way for me, or for anyone else in the family, to get anything out of it. It was a raw wound for which there was no adequate relief. You had to take it, like an animal. We were in the condition of most of the world, the con­dition of men without faith in the presence of war, disease, pain, star­vation, suffering, plague, bombardment, death. You just had to take it, like a dumb animal.Try to avoid it, if you could. But you must eventu­ally reach the point where you can't avoid it any more. Take it. Try to stupefy yourself if you like, so that it won't hurt so much. But you will always have to take some of it. And it will all devour you in the end.

Indeed, the truth that many people never understand, until it is too late, is that the more you try to avoid suffering, the more you suffer, be­cause smaller and more insignificant things begin to torture you, in proportion to your fear of being hurt. The one who does most to avoid suffering is, in the end, the one who suffers most: and his suffering comes to him from things so little and so trivial that one can say that it is no longer objective at all. It is his own existence, his own being, that is at once the subject and the source of his pain, and his very existence and consciousness is his greatest torture. This is another of the great perversions by which the devil uses our philosophies to turn our whole nature inside out, and eviscerate all our capacities for good, turning them against ourselves."
- Thomas Merton -