A man convicted of defaming an ordinary citizen about raping that same person…

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Read-only
Total: 418
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
simultaneously found not liable for rape but liable for denying that rape occurred.
That’s a lie. You’re a liar. 

Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It is obvious to me that at this point nothing will convince you, no matter how much responses I give.

You are a skilled enough debater to have endless responses, like Greyparrot,

and sadly you both use that rare skill for same wrong purposes.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
He was found guilty of NOTHING. Even if he was these brainwashed joke courts mean nothing. There is no victim.
What a moron. A ture MAGA MORON

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
It is obvious to me that at this point nothing will convince you, no matter how much responses I give.
Oh? The goal was to convince me? and it's my fault I won't be convinced?

What if the goal was to convince you, and it's your fault you aren't convinced?

No theory of mind. Intellectual toddlers. Can't imagine being the other guy.

and sadly you both use that rare skill for same wrong purposes.
rofl, I guess I disappointed you by wielding the facts for the purposes you have not preordained.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a -- it is a violent assault. It is not --

CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

COOPER: Let's take a short break --

CARROLL: They think of the fantasies.

COOPER: We're going to take a quick break. If you can stick around we'll talk more on the other side.

CARROLL: You're fascinating to talk to.

CARROLL: I called my friend right away. And one of the first things she said to me is: E. Jean, stop laughing, this is not funny.

COOPER: You were laughing when you described it to her?

CARROLL: I was laughing as soon as she got on the phone apparently. I don't remember it.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Greyparrot stop! Didn't you hear Korea? It's not permitted to use fact-magic in this way. Fact-magic is for support of the state narrative ONLY!

Can't remember the year, can't remember talking to her friend. Can't remember laughing about her 'rape' (which wasn't sexy despite popular opinion).

Only thing she can be sure about is the orange man is bad, now and forever, amen.

... but they want us to think we're the clowns...

COOPER: Was there a thought you should go to the police for you?

CARROLL: No. I just didn't want the rigmarole. I just didn't want to do it.
... The police wouldn't have given me 83 million dollars at that time.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
@ADreamOfLiberty
Demonize the victim because she was raped at the time when most people would blame her for being raped?

Demonize the victim because she didnt behave in the way you would expect her to?

Demonize the victim because she was raped in circumstances where rape victims didnt have any support, and because she had no way of dealing with it at the time?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Demonize the victim because she was raped at the time when most people would blame her for being raped?
I don't know what world you've been living in, or whether you are 15 years old, but I lived in 1996. Nobody blamed anybody for getting raped in 1996 New York. It wasn't Saudi Arabia.

What they did at that time, because we were still a nation of laws, was ask for proof beyond a reasonable doubt.... and if you didn't have proof beyond a reasonable doubt then the prosecutor said "I'm sorry, we're not saying it didn't happen; but it's better for the guilty to go free than the innocent suffer".

Then, if you tried to sue for a criminal act, people were sane enough to think "Hey, if the evidence isn't good enough to throw someone in jail;  why should it be enough to pretend as if something happened?"

This is a he-said/she-said scenario pure and simple. The appropriate course of action has already been precomputed: nothing. You can't take 83 million dollars or throw someone in jail because one other person said something.

So, once again: There is no victim. Not as far as I or any reasonable person is concerned.

Demonize the victim because she didnt behave in the way you would expect her to?
The only reason to believe that this happened is her credibility. Everything I've talked about speaks to her credibility. Real survivors of real rape probably have issues with rape fantasies even if they had them beforehand.

and because she had no way of dealing with it at the time?
There may not have been millions of TDS zombies, but there was this thing called the police department. Now if I were her, I wouldn't expect much. It's not a fair world sometimes, but at least she could have gotten a rape kit done so she could prove there was sex. Also you have to scream and fight. It's still rape if you don't scream and fight, but if you want the justice system to do something you need evidence.

Also by immediately reporting the security recordings for the store would have been pulled.

All of that would require that she was actually raped though, something I consider about as likely as Q'anon claims of child sacrifice.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
"Rape survivors who speak out about their assault experiences are often punished for doing so when they are subjected to negative reactions from support providers.

These negative reactions may thereby serve a silencing function, leading some rape survivors to stop talking about their experiences to anyone at all.

The current study sought to examine this worst case scenario.

Focusing on the qualitative narratives of eight rape survivors who initially disclosed the assault but then stopped disclosing for a significant period of time, this study sought to provide an in-depth description of how negative reactions silenced these survivors.

Three routes to silence were identified:

1) negative reactions from professionals led survivors to question whether future disclosures would be effective;

2) negative reactions from friends and family reinforced feelings of self-blame;

and 3) negative reactions from either source reinforced uncertainty about whether their experiences qualified as rape.

Implications for future research and practice are discussed."

Study from 2006.

Lets pretend that rape victims had more support in 1996.

I lived in 1996
If only personal unverifiable experience counted as proof in debates.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
I lived in 1996
If only personal unverifiable experience counted as proof in debates.
They seem to work in Manhattan courtrooms, provided it hurts Trump.

Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Never said all the courts in America were rigged, just NY. 

Where did the Lance Corporal come from? I never disclosed my rank in service, nor have I told you specifically that I even served. Either way, I was an E5. Out in 8. Tired of the nonsense of mouthy privates not getting just punishment like I did when I first signed up. Not a fan of sending them to their barracks room to write an essay on why they were being punished. And the who social experiment thing, saw that coming a mile away and got out before being subjected to that liberal nonsense. Went 

This guy, Viva Frei, spells it out pretty clearly why the defamation cases were bullshit. 

Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Double_R
#10 was a complete strawman argument. I mentioned nothing of the other cases. Just the EJC case. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
Oh, and then there is this:

Scene from a Law and Order SVU that pretty much sums up EJC's bogus claim, taken not from the headlines but from this episode. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
Oh, and EJC has a history of making claims of sexual assault by other men: Les Moonves Accused of Sexual Assault by E. Jean Carroll (vulture.com)

Also, a babysitter's boyfriend, a dentist, a camp counselor, unnamed college date, and an unnamed former boss. According to The National Pulse.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Never said all the courts in America were rigged, just NY. 
Just NY courts? What about Georgia courts and Federal courts? They have charged Trump as well. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh, and EJC has a history of making claims of sexual assault by other men: Les Moonves Accused of Sexual Assault by E. Jean Carroll (vulture.com)
Also, a babysitter's boyfriend, a dentist, a camp counselor, unnamed college date, and an unnamed former boss. According to The National Pulse.

Vulture.com says this:

“Moonves, former CEO and chairman of CBS who was fired after numerous sexual assault and harassment allegations, told New York he “emphatically denies” the incident occurred”
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
This guy, Viva Frei, spells it out pretty clearly why the defamation cases were bullshit. 
Oh ya, that guy looks totally credible. Is he your weed dealer?

Where did the Lance Corporal come from?
You are embarrassing yourself. It’s obvious you created another identity to get back on this site after you were banned.

FLRW
FLRW

Lawyers hired by CBS to investigate allegations against ousted CEO Les Moonves have reportedly found evidence that he “engaged in multiple acts of serious nonconsensual sexual misconduct in and outside of the workplace, both before and after he came to CBS in 1995”.
The report alleges that Moonves received “oral sex from at least four CBS employees under circumstances that sound transactional and improper to the extent that there was no hint of any relationship, romance, or reciprocity (especially given what we know about his history of more or less forced oral sex with women with whom he has no ongoing relationship).” In one instance, he allegedly had a network employee “on call” to give him oral sex in his office. The report states that “a number of employees were aware of this and believed that the woman was protected from discipline or termination as a result of it.” 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty

Vulture.com says this:

“Moonves, former CEO and chairman of CBS who was fired after numerous sexual assault and harassment allegations, told New York he “emphatically denies” the incident occurred”
Well that proves it. Juries and judges sometimes get it wrong, but never HR departments or boards of directors. They're like the eye of sauron.

So how come Moonves isn't out 83 million dollars? could it be a certain lack of orangeness/being a thorn in the side of the deep state?
FLRW
FLRW

OMG, do you think Sam is Forrest Trump?
FLRW
FLRW
Author Lisa Birnbach told a jury in Manhattan federal court that she “vividly” remembered Carroll calling her one evening in the spring of 1996 and saying Trump had just attacked her in a dressing room in the lingerie section of the Bergdorf Goodman department store in New York City.
Birnbach, author of many books including "The Official Preppy Handbook,” said Carroll told her Trump slammed her into the wall, pulled down her tights and “penetrated her with his penis.”
Birnbach testified that Carroll refused to go to the police after the alleged rape and asked her to never tell anyone about the incident.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
So how come Moonves isn't out 83 million dollars? could it be a certain lack of orangeness/being a thorn in the side of the deep state?
Are you stupid?

Because Moonves didn’t defame EJ Carroll.

You are stupid aren’t you?

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
he “emphatically denies” the incident occurred”
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Why didn't Clinton get sued for 83 million dollars for denying sexual abuse? Monica Lewinsky surely had at least that much in emotional damages.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Because people who tried to sue him committed suicide at unusual rates?

Oh I know! An enormous apparatus of propaganda wasn't indoctrinating entire populations to hate his guts.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
Actually Monica initiated the affair.  Lewinsky testified to a grand jury that she initiated her relationship with Clinton through “intense flirting.” According to her account, they had their first sexual encounter in Clinton’s private study four months into her internship, after both acknowledging they were “attracted to each other.” Lewinsky claimed in her testimony that she had eight sexual encounters with Clinton while she worked at the White House, and two additional sexual encounters after she left.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
This is a witch-hunt, no doubt. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
he “emphatically denies” the incident occurred”
He has been credibly accused by multiple women. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Why didn't Clinton get sued for 83 million dollars for denying sexual abuse? Monica Lewinsky surely had at least that much in emotional damages.
Do you idiots not understand the difference between a denial and defamation? Are you stupid?

Was Monica raped or did she have consensual sex with Clinton?

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@FLRW
Actually Monica initiated the affair. Lewinsky testified to a grand jury that she initiated her relationship with Clinton through “intense flirting.” According to her account, they had their first sexual encounter in Clinton’s private study four months into her internship, after both acknowledging they were “attracted to each other.” Lewinsky claimed in her testimony that she had eight sexual encounters with Clinton while she worked at the White House, and two additional sexual encounters after she lleft.
come on, neither you can believe this. We all know Bill is a sexual predator. Lol.