A man convicted of defaming an ordinary citizen about raping that same person…

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Read-only
Total: 418
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Well, it's hard to pin your lies down, there are so many and they are so convoluted. Let me update my copy-paste:
Look, you and people like you shouldn’t engage in debate. You don’t have the intellect to take in a lot of information and exercise critical thinking skills. I urge you to get off line and just focus on trying to earn a living. 

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Woops, looks like the moron ran out of excuses.

I urge you to stop fucking lying all the time. The first step is realizing you have a problem. Admit to yourself "I'm a fucking liar". It would be cathartic, you can start here:

Show where I implied it was acceptable to say "a woman wanted to be raped" in reference to a real rape as opposed to referencing the allusion (by said woman) to rape fantasies.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I urge you to stop fucking lying all the time. 
Wait, you don’t like liars? Does Donald Trump lie every day? Did the newspapers document over 30,000 lies by him as President?

Are you stupid?

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I urge you to stop fucking lying all the time. 
Wait, you don’t like liars? Does Donald Trump lie every day? Did the newspapers document over 30,000 lies by him as President?

Are you stupid?

Deflecting typically appears in conflictual situations, when a person is confronted with their mistakes. Instead of accepting responsibility and facing the uncomfortable situation head-on, the deflectors will try to move the focus from themselves, usually by passing the blame onto someone or something else.

Everyone resorts to deflection from time to time, especially in childhood. However, when someone uses deflection constantly and refuses to accept the consequences of their own actions, deflection can become pathological and affect not only the mental health of the deflector but also those they interact with.]
According to Sigmund Freud, people use 12 defence mechanisms to protect themselves from difficult, anxiety-inducing thoughts. Deflection is one of these mechanisms. 

Face reality moron:

The shit-stain pathological liar IwantRooseveltagain should show where I implied it was acceptable to say "a woman wanted to be raped" in reference to a real rape as opposed to referencing the allusion (by said woman) to rape fantasies.

[IwantRooseveltagain] Is someone who lives all alone since his mother died and has never been with a woman a weirdo? [https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10369/posts/422851]
[ADreamOfLiberty] Yea that crosses the line. [https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10369/posts/422862]
[IwantRooseveltagain] You are so ridiculous. Saying a woman wanted to be raped is acceptable to you but making fun of an obnoxious loser who is inadequate with women is over the line. [https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10369/posts/422866 ]

Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
"He presented her as a person who has a rape fetish."
"She gave hints to that herself. I saw the clip where she was cut off on public broadcast before she could explain further."
Well, saying that rape victim gave hints of wanting to be raped is a horrible way to defend Trump, but whats to be expected of MAGA.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Well, saying that rape victim gave hints of wanting to be raped
There is no rape victim, imbecile.

"Rape fetish" does not mean "Someone who actually wants to be raped" it means "someone who is interested in roleplaying rape", imbecile.

You know, if you weren't such an imbecile it might occur to you that people who have been raped probably don't have a rape fetish.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Saying that rape victim wanted to roleplay rape is also a horrible way of defending Trump, since you are assuming something person never said in an attempt to present her as the guilty one for being raped.

If what you were saying was irrelevant to her being raped, then one can just wonder why did you say it.

And one must also wonder why you lied that she said "rape is sexy", but a sick mind such as yours wants to do everything to make the victim look guilty.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
it might occur to you that people who have been raped probably don't have a rape fetish
So you assume that, and again assume that she has a rape fetish in an attempt to present her as a liar.

If only assumptions counted as proof.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Saying that rape victim wanted to roleplay rape is also a horrible way of defending Trump, since you are assuming something person never said in an attempt to present her as the guilty one for being raped.
Imbecile, I know it's hard for you; but if you want to talk with people of normal intelligence you need to be able to imagine more than one possibility simultaneously. Now in person this may be impossible for you, but in an online forum you can have hours to try to figure it out beforehand. You don't need to respond immediately and reveal that you're an imbecile.

If what you were saying was irrelevant to her being raped, then one can just wonder why did you say it.
Well.... I just spelled out the relevance explicitly so.... a grade schooler should have been able to understand (if this was an appropriate subject matter), but I guess that's just not enough for little old you.

And one must also wonder why you lied that she said "rape is sexy",
Well since I quoted her verbatim and in full context with a link to the video evidence you using the word "lie" is a lie. Do you want to be added to the copy-paste? A little upset that you were left out of the fun?

but a sick mind such as yours wants to do everything to make the victim look guilty.
I want you to think about something imbecile, none of those one or two likes under your posts that clearly mean everything to you will ever matter in any real way. It would be better to have imaginary friends because at least they won't disappear when they get bored.

All you'll be left with is the knowledge that you exposed yourself as a fool and a liar for nothing.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Sorry, I dont want to respond to bunch of assumptions.

You again lied that she said "rape is sexy", while lying that you didnt claim how she wanted to be raped, while lying about her that she has a rape fetish, and again you assumed that people who were raped cant have rape fetish to support that she wasnt raped by again lying that she has a rape fetish.

You are trully a damaged individual.

You probably dont even know how stupid you sound to normal people who read your comments.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Sorry, I dont want to respond to bunch of assumptions.
No, you ran into the brick wall of being called out on your bullshit. Like IWRA. But you pissed me the hell off, so I won't be letting it go like I have the past 50 times.

You again lied that she said "rape is sexy"
Alright, you repeated your lie. Tell you what you are going to get your very own copy-paste. No need to share with IWRA.

You probably dont even know how stupid you sound to normal people who read your comments.
Are you trying to convince yourself you would ever be acceptable to normal people? I only ask because you implied that was the goal.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Tell you what you are going to get your very own copy-paste
Aww cute
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
How do you go from threating with civil war to threating with copy paste?

Its like watching a lion turn into a bunny.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The awarding of nearly $90 million to the second-rate advice columnist E. Jean Carroll will doubtless be remembered for generations as the greatest miscarriage of justice in contemporary American history.
What history will scratch their heads about is the fact that a former president of the United States being sued for defamation continued to defame the plaintiff repeatedly and relentlessly as the trial was ongoing.

To argue that a massive award to the plaintiff here constitutes a miscarriage of justice is absolutely ridiculous and shows that you really don't know what a defamation trial is.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
He is being punished for calling her a liar. When society won't let you call people liars, then it's no longer a society. It's a cult. We are rewriting the law to say if you ever plead "Not-Guilty" then you can be held liable for defamation. That's the end of the rule of law.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
@Double_R
[Double_R] What history will scratch their heads about is the fact that a former president of the United States being sued for defamation continued to defame the plaintiff repeatedly and relentlessly as the trial was ongoing.
It's not that hard to figure out. If shutup just because they sue you, you've already been gagged. I don't think history will play out the way you think it will. He shouldn't pay a dime and he should keep exercising the 1st amendment.

[Double_R] To argue that a massive award to the plaintiff here constitutes a miscarriage of justice is absolutely ridiculous and shows that you really don't know what a defamation trial is.
Apparently neither does Alan Dershowitz. He just faked being a lawyer since the fall of the Roman Empire (exaggeration, not a lie snopes).

[Greyparrot] He is being punished for calling her a liar. When society won't let you call people liars, then it's no longer a society. It's a cult. We are rewriting the law to say if you ever plead "Not-Guilty" then you can be held liable for defamation. That's the end of the rule of law.
To say the least. It shouldn't have to be said, but apparently through TDS we will need to set precedent: Denying wrongdoing and attacking the credibility of your accusers is not only implied to be protected speech by the 1st amendment and English common law, it couldn't possibly constitute defamation as the only candidate for the original defaming act was the accusation itself.

I mean even if someone was convicted of a crime, they have still always been allowed to proclaim their innocence. Now you don't need to be convicted and you're not allowed to do so? When someone can call opposition to this state of affairs "ridiculous" they prove themselves beyond reason.

FLRW
FLRW

And we wonder why all the women have left this site !
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
Yep, you nailed it. All women are zombies who don't care about things like the presumption of innocence, evidence, or loyalty to reality. I'm sure it has nothing to do with this site being dead and infested by nearly unmitigated idiots whose vocabulary doesn't much exceed "MAGA MORON".

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Boy the way Glen Miller played,
Songs that made the hit parade,
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days,
And you know where you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again,
Didn't need no welfare states
Everybody pulled his weight,
Gee our old Lasalle ran great,
Those were the days!

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
Rambling, case in point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Maybe they identify as women. That would explain alot.

But you are right, most women are far more moderate in their thinking and opinions than most of the radical cult-like sheep here. If they want to talk to normal women, then talk normal. Not the standard extreme jargon usual for this site.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
What woman doesnt want to listen to Gp's endless conspiracy theories, link spam, whining, promoting civil wars, and lying about rape victims?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Maybe they identify as women. That would explain alot.
Well they clearly feel entitled to speak for all women. No doubt any woman who disagrees with them "ain't black" I mean "ain't a real woman".

Like say Trump's lawyer and the tens of millions of women who will still vote for Trump no matter what a TDS jury (in contravention of all rights and traditions of English common law) have decided.

Now see FLRW spends a lot of time talking about a particular woman though. "Slovenian sex worker", yes he's very interested in sex workers. It's because he respects all women surely.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Good answer.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I mean even if someone was convicted of a crime, they have still always been allowed to proclaim their innocence. Now you don't need to be convicted and you're not allowed to do so? 
Proclaiming your innocence and attacking your accuser are two very different things.

You conveniently ignore the fact that the defamation trial didn't occur in a vacuum. The first trial already found that Trump was in fact guilty of the underlying accusation. You can disagree with that verdict all you want, you don't get to pretend it didn't happen or wasn't relevant to the verdict in this case.

Once he was found liable the jury was rightly instructed to proceed on that basis. And it was on that basis where his continued attacks were considered. The overwhelming bulk of the reward to the plaintiff was on punitive grounds, which is certainly appropriate in a case where the defendant continued to attack the plaintiff as the trial was ongoing, including while he was literally sitting in the courtroom, by continuing to ignore the judges instructions and proclaim his innocence to the jury after being told very clearly that was not a valid testimony at that point in the trial, and by walking out during the prosecutions closing argument after being instructed not to interrupt in any way. Trump made a conscious decision to ignore every rule of the trial, signalling as clear as he could have possibly signaled that he saw himself as being immune to the law. He deserved every penny of that verdict.

And just to add to all of this is the impact on Trump's attacks. As was pointed out in a prior trial "when a person commits an act, it is only logical to assume the natural and predictable consequences of said act was the person's intent". Trump knows damn well that his repeated attacks on Carroll would result in his followers stalking and threatening her, which is exactly what happened and Trump has never made any attempt to cool that down. This is exactly what he intended, so yes, he deserved every penny of it.

Stop pretending that the circumstances here are like any other defamation trial we've ever seen. They're not. You accuse us of TDS. TDS is actually buying the utter bullshit talking point that this is all somehow an attack on you. It's not, it's nothing more than a New York billionaire who would never associate himself with someone like you and couldn't care less about you manipulating you into thinking he's fighting for you all while grooming you into giving up your livelihood to fight for him.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
was in fact guilty...
In civil cases you are liable. In criminal cases, you are guilty. The reason for the difference is the vast differences in the levels of proof needed. In civil cases, such as defamation, the standard of proof is typically "preponderance of the evidence," meaning that the evidence supports the claim by more than 50%(about.) In criminal cases, typically the standard of proof is much higher, and we use the words: "beyond a reasonable doubt," which requires the prosecutor to prove the defendant's guilt to a much higher degree of certainty.

Because of these differences in standards of proof, individuals found liable in civil cases are not considered "guilty" in the same sense as in criminal cases. Being found guilty usually results in penalties such as imprisonment, fines, or probation, while in civil cases, being found liable typically results in financial compensation, not jail time.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
In civil cases you are liable. In criminal cases, you are guilty.
Whoa now. Korea says you have endless conspiracy theories. Is this another one of those?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
meaning that the evidence supports the claim by more than 50%
Oh, so now there is evidence which says that Trump is likely an abuser.

This is a big step for you, since previously you guys claimed there is no evidence at all.

Now try to say that evidence supports the claim by 90%.

Take small steps in your path of proving Trump's guilt!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Whoa now. Korea says you have endless conspiracy theories. Is this another one of those?
Of course. Best Korea is a vapid supporter of smooth concrete, so it only logically follows. Only Democrats can spread that smooth concrete correctly, and it would be treasonous to suggest another path for the future.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Take small steps in your path of proving Trump's guilt!
What would be a really tiny step would be actually charging Trump for criminal insurrection. That would be an awesome first step, even if that step was taken on smooth concrete.