Christians are more violent than atheists

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 48
RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
-->
@Best.Korea

They are statistics about violence in relation to people who say that they are Christians.
No. Those stats are not taken for the purpose of identifying who is violent. Someone who goes to prison for tax fraud doesn't go because they are violent. Someone who commits forgery doesn't go to prison because they are violent. Do you have stats specifically for violent acts?

I already explained to you two times that thats cherry picking, and irrelevant to the statistic about people who say that they are Christians.

Since you cannot know who really follows the teachings of Christ, your counter argument is nothing.
I gave you a link from a secular source (which I know you won't read) that clearly states that Christianity is used in prison for rehabilitation. The prisoners take part in bible studies, prayer meetings, services, etc., for the purpose of rehabilitation. The prison system would not allow this if it produced violent inmates. So for the sake of argument, since you're so focused on your misinterpreted statistics, lets run with your argument about what confession of faith inmates make. Since most inmates state they are Christian, strictly by that confession, professing Christians are more likely to end up in prison than a professing atheist. Or if you still insist, are more violent. However, Christians who involve themselves in Christian activity, whether for rehabilitation within prison, or active in church ministry on the outside, are less likely to commit a crime, or become violent than an atheist. We can identify a follower of Christ in this case as one involved in a church ministry to any capacity. And a Christian within prison who is involved in prison ministry programs is more likely to rehabilitate than an atheist in prison. Keeping in mind, atheists are not involved in prison rehabilitation programs. They get involved in government convocations, they have atheist chaplains in the military, but they don't seem to get involved with prison rehab that I'm aware of.

Makes sense?
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Best.Korea

Since you didnt say what number of them happen in prison, its not a counter argument.
I gave you a quote from a secular source stating there are many conversions within prison. Common sense should tell you that they couldn't all be converts from atheists. But you want numbers which is difficult to find on the internet, but fortunately we don't have to relegate the issue to prisons. The issue is about cultural Christians converting to Christ (Christianity).

IRVING, Texas (BP)–Evangelist Billy Graham broke attendance records for Texas Stadium the last two nights of the Oct. 17-20 Metroplex Mission.
Mission organizers said that 11,097 spiritual decisions were recorded that will be passed along to the 1,000-plus area churches that helped sponsor the mission and agreed to follow up on converts.
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association spokesperson Beth Ellis said 4.4 percent of the nearly 255,000 people attending mission meetings made decisions for Christ. “That’s a very good response for a mission that was held in the Bible belt where you have a lot of church attendees,” Ellis said.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Texas, but it's as professing Christianity as you can get. If you think that 11,097 converts were all atheists, then you must be from another country. So unless you actually think that, you'd have to explain how or why a professed Christian would make a decision for Christ (become a follower of Christ....convert to Christianity). Notice the underlined portion....if you will.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Best.Korea
Do you think all atheists are accounted for statistically?

Does it matter?
I personally think so. It's why I asked.

Using an example of a deluded person saying nonsense, is again, cherry picking.
I don't think you understand the concept of a Cultural Christian.

Are you familiar with Richard Dawkins? He confesses to be a Cultural Christian (a Cultural Anglican is how he put it). Assuming you know who he is, do you think he's deluded?

Maybe you dont know what cherry picking means?
I know enough to know you've been cherry picking my questions.

Probably the most important one involves your opening statement.

Christians have for centuries promoted all kinds of lies about atheists.
So again, let's see some quotes to back your claim. How many centuries ago? Gives some quotes, decades ago, years ago, months ago, days ago......just give us something.

I also asked you about Christians in Korea (and China). Are they violent? To go a step further, how many Christians end up in Korean prisons for violent crimes versus atheists? How about in China? How about in Singapore? How about in India?

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Best.Korea

Anyway, your comment is mostly assumptions. You assume that if leaders are atheist, that country is atheist too, when opposite is true in North Korea

Maybe you can explain this then.

In North Korea, Kim family is considered supernatural, which could be atheism if we ignore that leader is considered literal God who cannot make a mistake and must be obeyed at all cost, but North Korea isnt exactly an example of non-peaceful society. 
On the one hand you seem to be saying the country is not atheist, and on the other could be atheist.

Which is it?

Of course I have to admit I don't really understand your statement. Can you clarify please?

And then is puzzling as well.

Japan also has religion, which might be closer to atheism, since their religion involves more praying to mountains and spirits of ancestors.
You seem to be implying that somehow Japan is atheist, or more atheist, but NK is more religious, apparently just because NK's leader is considered a god. But some how praying to mountains and spirits of ancestors is somehow more atheistic. Do realize the Shinto religion has a creator in their teaching?

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Atheists worldviews  like Nazi Germany, The Soviet Union, Communist China, Cambodia, Cuba inter alia, have killed more people than all the religions in history. 
Germany was a Christian country.

A Christian country elected both Hitler and Stalin.

Christians placed them in power.

Christian countries started both world wars and killed hundreds of millions during the existence of Christianity.

And before you commit the cherry pick fallacy, 

"Just because they say they are Christians, doesnt mean they are"

Would also mean

"Just because they say they are atheists, doesnt mean they are".

So you have only two options.

1. Concede that those who say that they are Christians are likely Christians, therefore relating Christianity to crime rate.

2. Concede that you dont know who is a Christian and who is an atheist, thus making it impossible to blame atheism for anything.

Of course, it already stands as fact that those who claim to be Christians are committing the most crimes, so I am guessing you will go for option 2 to save yourself from trouble.

Did you READ what I wrote? Oh wait, you didn't. Oops. Was I supposed to say that?

I know it's so difficult for you.  But please go and have a re-read. 

I intentionally mentioned what is called the "true Scotsman heresy". Why would I do that UNLESS I know and accept that people including CHRISTIANS say - "they're not Christians"?  Are you disabled? Can you read? 

Hence your follow-up Questions are Irrelevant. 

Go home and have a brew.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
1000 years of weekly meetings 
We'd end up having sex together , this i know.
We could follow the teachings of  the ( NG )  thats Neo geo books. 
Actually,   that will take up time that we could be fucking.
Group singing
Group sinning 
Group storytelling
Group sex

Wed be a group. 

As the " atheist" , thats mean we'd have to shave our heads. 
And then there's the swastikas , and cock and nipple piercing. 

And then getting sworn in to the atheists. 
I will not say it out loud butttt. 
We good. 

Gives atheists gang hand symbol.  

Oh and our atheist song chant thing that we do . 
Give me a A 
Give me a theist 
Then wat u got 
Gooooooo.  Atheists. 

Respect. 
Can i get a .    Argirls.

Fucken stupid group wed be. 
Butttttt. 
If they can speak nonsense 
Nonsense it is. 

Im fluent in nonsense .

Good day atheists.  
Dont forget about what we are going to do. 

And our Atheists women .
Hummmmmm, any sanctions?  
Nope. 

Rubble  rubble rubble. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Christian women. 
V
Atheist women . 

Rd 1 
FIGHT. 

I See this as a one sided fight. 
As Atheist women come from fucking  apes. 
Christian women come from ( man and or rib of man.  ) isn't it. 

Now ill tell ya were this christian man come from. 
Fucking nice guess mate. 

Good old Spit dirt man  
V
GREAT APE. 

So Fucking bring it. 
Sonic boom. 

There has never been a tough guy Clay .

They Clay man turned into a Muslim thing. 

Ps.
My fingers were crossed dick head. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
You guys dont know how lucky you are.

Lucky that the flying spaghetti monster didn't get
DARRELL  to write down shit for him. 
Like ummm.  
Shit idk
Like.
All Atheists should Kill all christians .  So on and so on. 
And followe it up with. 
ghost dont walk backward in the colour circle 6.

Or 
Or 

LUCKY  The FSM didn't say a sigle fucking thing to like BRETT.
In regards to. 
Write down (  same religious relationships are not permitted  ) 
And also. 
Purple monkey dishwasher. 

Please just know. And like,  note.  
THATTTTT
We fucking could of had the flying spag mon talking . 
We could of had he talking real fucking easy like. 

If the FSM say anything . We the atheists will do. 
We are at the ready. 
And we follow it.  To the f ing word. 
Even if it is purple monkey what was it. 
Dishwasher. 

Oh Unlesssssssssssss.  If its one of them ones that we don't take literally.
You know what i mean right ? 

Yep, one of them ones. 

But WE FOLLOW. 
Follow to the death.m

SOOOOOOOOO.
For not making shit talk .

YOU 
ARE
MOTHER 
FUCKING
WELL
COME. 

Good game 
Good game

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A weedy little atheist. 
V
A massive mean looking christian.

Rnd 1 
FIGHT. 

The christian starts coming at the atheist. 
The atheist goes straight into the fetal pos. And begins saying .
No dont 
Dont .
God wouldn't want you to do this.
Please,  please don't.  
Then
Rattle of a john 13 :7 or a mark and a mattew. 66 : 21
And keep saying
Love thu neighbor.  
Love thu neighbors 

The christian is ALWAYS GONNA  fall for this ,
He eases off. 

Then ya spring to life .   
kick him right in the dick and run.
Thats a flawless vic right there. 

SUCKERS. 
Always b falling for shit. 

Or
Get em while their praying.
They'll never see it coming. 

Orrrr
Imagin a building FULL of christians.
Aint no building full of atheists. 

Can i say the word 
 Granades  .?
Prob not hey?
But you get the point.

I know where you are this Sunday 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
DKO
A double knockout. 

Ok 
So When a Christian and  Atheists both collect with a strong enough blow to one anothers  head reign, 
they both instantly turn Agnostic.  

Well i think thats how it works. 

Orrrrrrr

Is it the nuances caused by the Christianity and the atheism that gives birth to baby little agnostics.

So fucking cute. 
Ouch , he bit me. 

Hey Guys . 
Gives .   AGNOSTIC .    hand symbols. 

Hey Do you think they will ever know that alllllll the atheists on this site are stone cold AGNOSTICS.

Oh shit 
Shhhhh.
Shut up  , ok sorry .
Ill stop now. 

DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
LOL!  You really are comic relief on this site!
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@n8nrgim
How would you guys briefly describe your religious or spiritual beliefs or lack thereof
This would be hard to understand to someone who is not Christian or does not understand that the term "Christian" represents a HUGE group of people with so many DIFFERENT beliefs systems. 

Just a quick google search says that there are about 45K different denominations of Christians.  They probably could be lumped into just a few thousand between different specific traits.  And then categorized into about a hundred or so.  And even from there get into about 20 (my guess).

So for someone to call themselves Christian could mean so many different things to so many different people, BUT the absolute main tenant of being a Christian is that Jesus was a deity of some sort or another.

DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Mall
It's basically what the scripture says "You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy."
A very general statement, but I was referring to specifics.  How does one become "holy"?

Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@DavidAZZ
The biblical scripture lays it out and I'm not sure if you're truly interested in a biblical lesson/study.

But basically the book explains all that. It's nothing you can do on your own, I'll say that the least.
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Mall
The biblical scripture lays it out and I'm not sure if you're truly interested in a biblical lesson/study.
Actually, I am interested in what you think and what others think on this website.  That is why I joined, so I don't become intellectually stagnant. 

But basically the book explains all that. It's nothing you can do on your own, I'll say that the least.
Are you referring the the grace of God and stating there is no standard that we must live?

Mall
Mall
-->
@DavidAZZ
No I didn't say there's no standard. According to the bible. I'm not giving my thoughts or opinions. I'm only relaying what the bible says which is be holy. Build upon your most holy faith the book teaches.

The whole point this came about was from the topic of Christians who are not really in the faith. Maybe a hearer but not a doer.

Atheists and non theists fail to make the distinction often. They just conflate . This topic of Christians being this and that which I guess appears more negative, well I'm playing into that. 

Christians are violent, christians are worldly , sure. Christians are not holy. You have many Christians that'll make excuses for continuing to sin after being so called saved. This is why the term "holy" is not used like that. It commits too strict a lifestyle in Christ to be Christlike("christian").
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Thanks for the topic. A big round of applause.

You're shedding light on something you didn't even have in mind to I gather.
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Mall
Well said.