Honestly, this website should be more for high school students to experiment debate techniques, etc.

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 53
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
The main reason holding this website back is because this site is mostly composed of people with no life. Well, maybe not the causal one, but it is a reason why it is in a downward spiral. I have linked this site several times and some ppl thought this was a good idea. I think the only way(at least I can think of) to make DArt great again is if we transform this into a bustling practice platform for debating students.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
The premise sounds so on-point that it should not be simply given up. The non-expanding community is what is wrong with here, not the premise and the format.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
What changes do you suggest?
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Intelligence_06
How would we "transform this into a bustling practice platform for debating student"?

What changes would make that happen?
Amber
Debates: 0
Amber
-->
@Intelligence_06
Getting rid of the continuous patronizing trolls and those who keep bringing up sex and children in the same threads would be a great start. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@Amber

You want to ban me?

Well, I guess now my feelings are hurt.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
You realize Amber did not tag you.

Well, I suppose at least self awareness is better than none.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
@Sidewalker
Honestly the only way is to bring club-fuls of HS debating students (or even college debating students) in through invitation. Though the relative juvenile population is declining. I really do think I am one of the only chronically online young persons here at this point and even then I wasn't as active as I used to be because I had to write college apps.

Though if you are a HS student, here is your chance.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
I know he didnt tag me, but I think he was talking about me there.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
Self-awareness.

Bravo.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Well, sure, but who is going to invite them?

I dont have friends, so I cant invite anyone.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Self-awareness.
Well, I dont deny that I am a troll.

One of the first steps towards getting better is admitting that you have a problem.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
Firstly, I would choose to commend you for actually being as active as you are. I wouldn't say you replaced RM fully but when he is gone, you basically took up the role as the ultimate controversial topic dispenser. Without you, this place would become a wasteland rather than a slum.

Secondly, I have access to the entire a2c discord server (applying to college). They know that I wrote this site as a college essay topic. Don't get cocky or cringe. This is singlehandedly the one most influential site to my HS years.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Intelligence_06
You met students these days? What makes you think they debate anything?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You met students these days? What makes you think they debate anything?
I am a HS student lol. Many of them debate better than I do on many formats such as LD. That said, some of them just don't like the fact the debating system is based on acting up rather than, you know, logic.

This site is perfect for freeform debating, and this is what many HS kids probably need without them knowing because ppl with no life here chooses to circlejerk rather than to publicize it.

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Intelligence_06
Honestly the only way is to bring club-fuls of HS debating students (or even college debating students) in through invitation. Though the relative juvenile population is declining. I really do think I am one of the only chronically online young persons here at this point and even then I wasn't as active as I used to be because I had to write college apps.

Though if you are a HS student, here is your chance.
If you can find one of these HS debating students, then by all means, invite them.

Personally, I think there are better sites designed specifically for them, such as National Speech & Debate Association | Connect. Support. Inspire. (speechanddebate.org)

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Intelligence_06
That said, some of them just don't like the fact the debating system is based on acting up rather than, you know, logic.
Yea well if people could formulate the complex topics that need to be debated into well defined deductions they could be checked by a very complex program but short of that the only way to be more based on logic is to understand logic better (and care about it).

because ppl with no life here chooses to circlejerk rather than to publicize it.
You act as if anyone here as an advertising firm in their back pocket.
WyIted
Debates: 14
WyIted
That's what the site evolved from. DDO was originally just a platform with the debate section only to be used by 2 college kids to practice debate . It later became popular and added a forum section and then a polls section. The o ly thing holding the site back now is just bad SEO. We should have a politically incorrect section hidden from the clear web and then a lot of focus should be on creating backlinks 
Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
-->
@Intelligence_06
Recommend to the site proprietors.
Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
You keep the action in the spark going with your one of kind topics. I can agree from that standpoint.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@WyIted
We should have a politically incorrect section hidden from the clear web and then a lot of focus should be on creating backlinks 
Oh come on. I just want to play with kids my own age group, not be jumped by the CIA or FBI.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@WyIted
Who were the original 2 guys? Is Bsh1 one of them?
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@Amber
You made a thread about a war on children with sexuality as a primary vein of it, then you pretend people randomly brought those topics up.

Get help.
WyIted
Debates: 14
WyIted
-->
@Intelligence_06
tophatdoc was the first debate and it was about 10 years ago I believe. BSH1 refused to debate me until I was top 5 on the leaderboard and then it was only some startrek debate that was a segway into a topic about artificial intelligence. You will like this I used the philosophical argument labeled "Chinese room experiment" . So basically the argument is that true AI cannot exist because it is like somebody using a dictionary to interpret your english to Chinese instead of actually knowing chinese themselves.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Ask a dictator to be honest.

And they would tell you that you can force people to participate.

But you can't make them want to participate.
Amber
Amber
-->
@RationalMadman
-->
@<<<Amber>>>
You made a thread about a war on children with sexuality as a primary vein of it, then you pretend people randomly brought those topics up.*

Get help.

*I did no such thing. 

yes, you need help for sure. As there is nothing rational about you. 
Amber
Amber
-->
@zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Ask a dictator to be honest.

And they would tell you that you can force people to participate.

But you can't make them want to participate.
This is no different than "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink," is it not? Or close?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Amber
Do you know how few humans have nothing rational in/about them? That's an extreme statement.
sadolite
sadolite
What interests me most about this site is the intellectual cannibalism, its quite fascinating to watch everyone call everyone fucking morons and losers simply be having a differing opinion.  I would say politics and govts job here is a complete success.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
it's part of why I wanted the break, wasn't just one guy being super mean to me like some thought.

This is a toxic mess, you need to enter it with the right mindframe and ration how often you visit it. If you do that, it's a kind of 'strengthening' tool in a way, a fun outlet for intellectual flexing with words in a dingy corner of the Internet.