Regarding this L.G.B.T. matter once more.

Author: Mall

Total: 52
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
Provide your arguments and explanation.

Is there necessarily hatred, bigotry, prejudice involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
You need to make your questions much more concise. The last one, people did not understand.

I have a theory that any non-normalized sexual practice invokes disgust. I think its instinctual, and if you could somehow suppress exposure to homosexuality for a couple generations I'm sure people would be disgusted again.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall

Is there necessarily hatred, bigotry, prejudice involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?
Non acceptance of a certain "type" of person is the definition of bigotry and prejudice.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker

Non acceptance of a certain "type" of person is the definition of bigotry and prejudice.
Type = "serial rapist"

execute unit test.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Is de-prejudice therapy wrong. 

Is it wrong to insist on the discrimination.

Particularly to bigots being that they regret the prejudice felt.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Incoherent much?

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I have a theory that any non-normalized sexual practice invokes disgust.
Irrelevant theory, as usual.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
Incoherent much?
It's hard to remember how complete your obtuse act is on this site.

[Sidewalker] Non acceptance of a certain "type" of person is the definition of bigotry and prejudice.
Let "type" = serial rapists

Sidewalker statement therefore implies: Non acceptance of serial rapists is the definition of bigotry and prejudice.

I thus appeal to absurdity.
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Is there hatred involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?

Is there necessarily bigotry, involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?

Is there necessarily prejudice involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?

I concised it up for you breaking up the words.

Basically yes or no starting off. If you say yes go ahead and explain. If you say no , explain.

Now if people (you) don't understand something, just ask for clarity like I do.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Do you agree that if you don't accept a lifestyle choice of another , it means you're automatically pre-judgmental , hold a bias, unfair treatment of another?
Mall
Mall
So not accepting the L.G.B.T. means prejudice. Equating LGBT to RACE essentially.

One is physical appearance versus lifestyle.

In case somebody didn't hear that,  one is physical appearance versus lifestyle.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Incoherent much?
It's hard to remember how complete your obtuse act is on this site.

[Sidewalker] Non acceptance of a certain "type" of person is the definition of bigotry and prejudice.
Let "type" = serial rapists

Sidewalker statement therefore implies: Non acceptance of serial rapists is the definition of bigotry and prejudice.

I thus appeal to absurdity.
LOL, I love you MAGA drama queens, but here's an idea, get a dictionary and look up the definition of bigotry and prejudice, reading a dictionary should not be too obtuse for you.

And if you have trouble grasping the definitions, try reading real slow, maybe read out loud, maybe this will help with comprehension and understanding.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Do you agree that if you don't accept a lifestyle choice of another , it means you're automatically pre-judgmental , hold a bias, unfair treatment of another?
Well, being gay does mean you wont reproduce, and if everyone was gay, there wouldnt be next generation, so we can say that gays do hold a certain bias against future generations.

Same works for being trans, self-castrating.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
Is there hatred involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?
Hatred is a specific emotion that is not required to have another emotion or to have an intellectual objection.

I do not think fear or disgust are the primary negative emotions I think disgust is.

Is there necessarily bigotry, involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?
Sidewinders absurd definition is wrong. Bigotry is defined as stubborn irrationality and is thus a fairly useless word. It just means "you're wrong" plus or minus some shades of meaning.

Is there necessarily prejudice involved just for speaking against or having a non acceptance of the L.G.B.T.?
Prejudice is pre-judgement. It happens when you presume a correlation between one category of people and another that does not exist.

It's not prejudice to assume homosexuals would be aroused by sexual contact with the same sex. Everything else is.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
So anyway how is "serial rapists" not a "type" of person?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
So anyway how is "serial rapists" not a "type" of person?
Don't be ridiculous, of course "serial rapists" is a "type" of person, why wouldn't it be?

I don't know about you, but personally, I'm prejudiced against "serial rapists" types.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Haters gonna hate.

But if those haters will actually abuse and/or severely bully you, you need to protect yourself or hide/retreat.

Don't give a shit what others think, care only what they will do. Change the do, protest the actions and outright oppressive ways they operate. Be tough enough to handle the ridicule and abuse.

Or quit and leave the place for a better one.

Do your thing, ignore the haters as best you can whether you're a weirdo on a debate site or a gay person in a homophobic shit hole.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
I don't know about you, but personally, I'm prejudiced against "serial rapists" types.
don't forget bigoted!

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Non-normalized sexual practice.
So, procreational sex performed in a specific position is perhaps about as normal as it gets.

Anything else is not normalized.

Is that what you are suggesting.

How long does it take for something to become normalized?

Or can somethings never become normalized?

Lets compare lesbian and Gay sexual practices that have been around for millennia, with the practice of using computer technology that has only been around for less than a hundred years.

So therefore, should we rightly regard smartphones usage as a non-normalized and disgusting communication practice?

Or should some people just keep their dirty little minds and noses out of other peoples sexual practices?

Though truth be told,  repressed voyeurs tend to be the most devious.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
Non-normalized sexual practice.
So, procreational sex performed in a specific position is perhaps about as normal as it gets.

Anything else is not normalized.

Is that what you are suggesting.
Oh no, plenty of things are currently normalized.

It would make sense to argue that some set of sexual behavior (that procreates) has to be normalized because any culture where it wasn't wouldn't exist for longer than a generation.

Whether it's doggy style or missionary though, that's up to the winds of chance.

How long does it take for something to become normalized?
Depends on the influences that are affecting the change. There are plenty of examples of it happening in a single generation where the old timers still feel uncomfortable but they don't make a fuss where once they would have broken off friendships and openly gagged at a perceived deviant.

Or can somethings never become normalized?
Our species normalized cutting out people's hearts and eating them. Not a sexual practice (thank god) but the point is there is very little evidence that there is anything we won't accept if everybody else tells us it's "the way the world works".

Lets compare lesbian and Gay sexual practices that have been around for millennia, with the practice of using computer technology that has only been around for less than a hundred years.

So therefore, should we rightly regard smartphones usage as a non-normalized and disgusting communication practice?
Using computers isn't sexual behavior.

Or should some people just keep their dirty little minds and noses out of other peoples sexual practices?
People should use reason to learn what emotions are healthy and which aren't. Disgust that limits the selection of your associations is unhealthy if that disgust is irrational. Disgust that motivates one to find rationalizations, irrational excuses that are hoped to mimic arguments, is especially detrimental. Disgust that causes one to violate the rights of others is vile and ironically most deserving of disgust itself.

People should also not provoke irrationality in others by doing things that disgust others when it would be only a minor inconvenience to abstain in those circumstances.

The solution is the same as always. To be rational. Reason isn't the absence of biasing emotions and normalizing everything won't make you objective.

So while my hypothesis has significant predictive power while being the simplest explanation I know of, it doesn't hint at any new tools except the vague hope that some people might realize that sexual disgust is an inherently irrational instinct and what they find deep down in their gut is a morally useless meterstick.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
don't forget bigoted!
I'm sorry if you find my prejudice against "serial rapists" types to be personally offensive.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
don't forget bigoted!
I'm sorry if you find my prejudice against "serial rapists" types to be personally offensive.
I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for us all that Double R pretends he needs to explain English to me, but not to you.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
don't forget bigoted!
I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for us all that Double R pretends he needs to explain English to me, but not to you.
Try using a dictionary, that would be a good start.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
The ability to entertain an idea, argument or narrative and reject it is not bigotry it is proof of intelligence.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
So homosexuals are prejudice.

Ok so those not accepting of LGBT, are they prejudice?
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
"It's not prejudice to assume homosexuals would be aroused by sexual contact with the same sex. Everything else is."

I don't even see how an assumption can be made. It's like saying assuming fire is hot.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Ok so those not accepting of LGBT, are they prejudice?
I dont know, I would say its better for society not to be too accepting of gays and pedophiles.

Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Wow bravo. Applause, applause. Oops not too loud. People that scream "you're a bigot, you're a bigot" won't like that insightful point.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
"I dont know, I would say its better for society not to be too accepting of gays and pedophiles."

Why?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
They spread diseases and dont really reproduce much.