DebateArt.com has consistently caused a red pixel to appear in the top right area of my screen.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 15
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
This is for computer, not for phone.

Because it's so severe that it makes it last even when tabbing out of the website, it tricked me to think my screen had a defective pixel and get used to it.

For the entire time I quit the site the problem never recurred even once. I would consistently use jscreenfix to fix the pixel. It does at least make it less harshly red after some time.

I believed this pixel was totally broken on my end, yet for the first time since I quit the site, I open debateart.com a few days now and suddenly that red pixel is back. I don't understand how it does it, it's even if it's tabbed out or on the left side of my screen away from the pixel.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I tag you so you're aware, I want to know if you have ever noticed this yourself.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I only use DebateArt on phone.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
Please share a photo of the problem (obviously while the page isn't on anything private)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
How do you screenshot a pixel on a screen... I doubt that even shows and it is literally 1 or 2 pixels
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
A screenshot wouldn't show, but a photo (taken with a phone) of your screen might.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
A screenshot is full resolution on windows and most linux distros. If it doesn't show on the full screen grab it's probably the monitor or graphics card.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It's something weird because it comes and goes, going darker when I use anything like 'snipping tool' to grab it. It also disappears at times.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Well allow me to speak for all software developers/engineers everywhere: We need to be able to reproduce the bug. If we can't reproduce it, it won't get solved.

So I don't see the red dot, which means something is different about your scenario. In order to identify those environmental variables devs ask for diagnostic reports.

Browser type, browser version, browser settings, ad ons, OS, graphics card, monitor.

I have a projector that loses its shit if a certain color layout is used. That kind of thing can be set by individual images (believe it or not) so that you scroll down on the same site and the projector goes black.

If it's that kind of thing there isn't anything debateart should do. It's just non-compliant technology.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Proof with phone capture

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
See above
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@ADreamOfLiberty

This is up for 2 days, it's a fake profile on Chrome I made. Esp the pic is fake.

Focus on the movement of the dot. Actually after some experimenting I have found one other website that triggers the dot, maybe there's a bit more to this than I first thought.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Why does it seem like the camera and the dot movement is correlated?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Because I dragged the window and kept the camera still.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Well it is a single pixel, bright red, indicating 1.0, 0, 0 in a RGB color basis. Could be a buffer oversize where you're losing a pixel at the end of the array before it's sent to the monitor. The red could just be a consistent leftover from whatever memory used to be there.

It is extraordinarily unlikely debateart serving HTML and javascript is causing this problem or can be changed to fix it. Add to the fact that you said it sometimes persisted after the browser was closed... it's not even the browser; at that point.

I mean if the browser use of say OpenGL or DirectX made a mistake and put a red pixel, that buffer in windowed mode would still only be rendered within the browser.

There is nothing whoever is running this site can do. You can change the environment one thing at a time until it goes away if your curiosity is insatiable. First try a different browser (free), then try a different monitor, then try a different graphics card. You could also make sure your drivers for the graphics card you have are up to date, but that's a long shot.