God loves you, why don't you love God?

Author: Mall

Total: 32
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
Is God hard to love?

Is it because your Father does not always give you what you want?

Is it because your father is your father and not your friend that otherwise would not chastise you , discipline you and punish you?

Provide your essays below.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Over the years of observing everything that happens in life, all the evidence, in my opinion, conclusively proves God does not control out come. I believe there is a creator but really couldn't give a shit about my lot in life. I do not refer to the creator as God. That is a word created by man.  I have listened to and entertained all the theories presented by science about how the universe and everything in it came to be. I reject them all. All the evidence, in my opinion, shows it was created by intelligence. I find it highly unlikely and arrogant to think that creator looks anything like a human being. Again just my opinion. I hope the creator forgives my indifference as the creator shows the same indifference  based on all evidence I see.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Mall
I always find it telling when theists presume that a lack of belief in God can only be explained through our emotions.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I love God.

He gave me a good life and ability to troll beyond belief.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
I believe there is a creator but really couldn't give a shit about my lot in life. 
Well, the fact that my life is great kinda makes up for God causing all the suffering that other people have to go through in life.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Best.Korea
The mark of a good troll is no one being able to tell you are a troll. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
Yes, thats why I am a bad troll.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
What do you think keeps faith going in those that reject the existence of God?
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
I thought that was a mark of a bad one. I see so many called out as well.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
So the creator has created the outcome of all things being created but has no control of outcomes.

If everything went your way, how would you feel or what opinion would you hold of the creator then?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
"So the creator has created the outcome of all things" No, the creator created all things but does not control the progression and changes of all things. For instance the death of a star or the formation of a star or the results of two galaxies colliding or the rate of cell degradation in a living being or animal or the outcome of a sporting event. In other words the creator does not control the evolution of its creations but regulates the length of their existence. The creator created the environment needed for which all things that exist need to exist. Death, disease, destruction etc. are all built in governors. Nothing  lasts forever by design.  If you consider existence or creation to non existence or death and destruction as controlling outcome, then yes I would agree to that. Everything in between those two points in time, No we will never agree. The creator doesn't give a shit if I die of cancer or get hit by a car or get shot in the face, just so long as I die. If I don't die, the creator fucked up somewhere.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Mall
Is God hard to love?

Is it because your Father does not always give you what you want?

Is it because your father is your father and not your friend that otherwise would not chastise you , discipline you and punish you?

Provide your essays below.
It’s hard to love someone who’s perfect.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Reece101
Why's that?
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Whoa, being that the creator created a thing to exist, the outcome is it existing, would not the creator had a hand in that?

"In other words the creator does not control the evolution of its creations "

Did the creator create the capacity for evolution?

The only reason why any evolution exists at all in anything is because the thing itself was created . You can say the creator is the indirect cause of evolution. But in some way has caused evolution and the outcome of a thing existing. 

I may have missed it. Please give your answer to the question below.

If everything went your way, how would you feel or what opinion would you hold of the creator then?

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
I said what I think, you can accept it or reject it. 99.9% of all living things that have ever lived on this planet has gone extinct. It is with 100% certainty that all living things currently living on this planet will go extinct.  The creator doesn't care if you get cancer and die before everything that currently lives on this planet goes extinct. What matters is that everything dies or gets destroyed and ceases  to exist at some point.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mall
Because they don’t exist. 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Mall
What do you think keeps faith going in those that reject the existence of God?
I  have no idea what you're asking. If someone is keeping their faith going then that by definition means they aren't rejecting the existence of God. Please clarify your definitions.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Yes understand it's what you think and not know.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Reece101
How do you know?

What's the evidence?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
Someone that has faith in God not existing ok, people that believe in no existence of God, they have faith or belief, same thing , ok, they believe God does not exist, hopefully that is clear as can be to you, what do you think keeps that belief going or them hanging on to that belief?

Do you know or have you not thought about that before?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
I know everything that exists or has existed or will exist  has died,  will die, has been destroyed  or will be destroyed . An absolute fact of the universe. It is irrefutable. I see 0 evidence anywhere to contradict this. I also see no evidence anywhere that a supernatural  being stopped or prevented anything from dying or being destroyed. I do however see lots of evidence for intelligent design. A limited life span is part of that design in everything, from entire galaxies to one celled organisms.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mall
Only the dragon in my garage is perfect. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Yes I understand what you see and don't for yourself. Be different if everyone would see as an objective but oh well.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
Sometimes I think atheists actually don't refuse to accept the existence of a pristine creator (aka God) but the "God" that believers describe as true.

I mean, if a believer of any abrahamic religion approaches to you to say that there is a God that request you to behave good so to reward you later with heaven, but if not he will throw you to hell so you burn for the eternity, doesn't it sound childish, stupid and fucking annoying? That is the main reason for people leaving the religions. People are not spudid any more, at least not in the developed countries.

The definition of God should be reevaluated because we are more evolved than our ancestors and we're capable to comprehend better who this creator is. The abrahamic religions are obsolete and should fall as a consequence.

Once we get closer to the real meaning of God we'll be capable to love this "God".
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
What is not objective about everything that has existed, exits or will exist, has  ceased to exist or will cease to exist  in the future? Do you think some things in the universe will exist forever and if so what are those things?
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
I don't know. Sounds like another subject altogether.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
So you don't challenge what I have been saying in the last 3 posts.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
If it was unequivocally proven that there was a creator GOD.

I wouldn't love it.

I would just say OK so there is a creator GOD.

What precisely is love by the way?

And why would a creator created relationship necessitate mutual love?

Why not just mutual respect and an occasional nod of recognition?

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The way I see it is this. Yes God loves me in the way the most polyamorous person could. I'll never be her special one. So like... Sure, it's a sort of love, I'm loved just as much as that person she just allowed to get raped and forcefully given an STD by the rapist. It happened somewhere in the world probably between the time you read this post and the next time it comes to your head... Many times.

Gotta weigh up the 'love'.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
If it's off topic of the thread, no I don't challenge it. Perhaps I'll make a separate thread for it.