Why did God create homosexuality and pedophilia?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 124
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Amber
If that wasn't an inside joke you should report it.
Would it even do any good? 
Eventually.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Yep, sex is a lot to do with fluid transfer.

As Kinsey would probably say.

And also a lot to do with recreational satisfaction.

Also known as procreational satisfaction.

Why all the angst when a quick wan* will suffice.

What it is to be an up to date human hey Trade.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
We do choose who we are attracted too.
Yeah, thats a lie.
No it's the truth. 

And to say otherwise is just an excuse for your behaviour. 

We choose who we are attracted to and to whom we are not attracted too. It's science. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Homosexuality and pedophilia are sexual attractions.

However, they are not a choice.

Person cannot choose what to be attracted to.
Sexual orientation according to Kinsey is a fluid situation. The foremost authority on sexuality - at least his studies declares that every person is on this line and can be as fluid about their attraction as they like to be. 
I don't think Kinsey said what you think he said. Also the guy has baggage. I have heard (but not confirmed) that shared ideas with people who conducted what almost anyone would call very unethical experiments with minors under their care.

That doesn't mean his surveys are useless data, but you should always be suspicious of turning the opinions of so called experts into "facts", especially when they have skeletons in the closet.
yep he did. He very clearly indicated that sexual orientation is fluid. I think he's wrong. But that's what he said. And does the guy have baggage? Absolutely. The studies themselves are lacking credibility on many levels just because of his baggage. Let alone when you start to look at the data he uses. I refer to him because he is the foremost authority. I suppose I could have referred to Rosaria Butterfield.  But then again, this former darling of the Left, academic and author of many papers against me and religion, super lesbian academic that she was. Got converted to Jesus. And has renounced everything she taught. I suggest you read some of her story. It might shock you. 

I chose to be attracted to my wife. And I have intentionally chosen not to be attracted to anyone else.  But what is attraction?
Probably not what you're talking about. What you describe is merely mental discipline. You're allowing the part of your sexuality you find healthy to dominate.
Really. Is that where you are going to take this? My healthy sexuality. As opposed to what?  Every day I choose to remain attracted to my wife. I love her. We are married. I made vows.  The fact that I choose not to look at other women or men is significant. It is a choice. 

If I see these people and all I do is think about how I can have sex with them? Is that attraction?
No, that is sexual compulsion; and that is what it looks like when someone has no mental discipline.
True. Addiction, lust, compulsion, a lack of mental discipline. And many people have none of this. That's a fact. that's a reason why so many people get pregnant and have abortions. That's a reason for why so many people have so many partners. It's not attraction. It's a factor of having no mental discipline. 

Does having sex with someone - or wanting to have sex with someone make it attraction?
Attraction, as defined by our lauded and ever so scientific Kinsey, is when you have an arousal response due to stimuli. This can be 'objectively' measured by sensors attached to the right places.

You can fool the sensors if you focus on something other than the stimuli, but if you have to focus you know you're cancelling something deeper than your conscious choice. That is sexual orientation.

Kinsey's studies didn't do a very good job of this. Sexual orientation in my books is a myth.  We choose whom we want to be attracted to. Obviously chemicals come into this somewhat. We live in a world where we want to do our own thing and decide our own outcomes. And this - includes sexuality.  Otherwise - we fall down the trap of ABSOLUTES. Oh wait - absolutes do exist.  But not for most our modern generations who all want their cake and to eat it as well. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Yep, sex is a lot to do with fluid transfer.

As Kinsey would probably say.

And also a lot to do with recreational satisfaction.

Also known as procreational satisfaction.

Why all the angst when a quick wan* will suffice.

What it is to be an up to date human hey Trade.

Not sure of your question, ZED. 

People like to have fun. I agree. But what people see as fun is short sighted. Fun though it is.  I am up to date dear ZED. It is you who is outdated and still living with the idea that actions don't have consequences.  that's a matter for you. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
No it's the truth.
Wrong.

RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Tradesecret
I chose to be attracted to my wife.
😂😂😂😂

Tell her this please, her reaction will tell you how toxic what you said is.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Tradesecret
We do choose who we are attracted too.
Yeah, thats a lie.
No it's the truth. 

And to say otherwise is just an excuse for your behaviour. 

We choose who we are attracted to and to whom we are not attracted too. It's science
If you had to choose your orientation, that means it could have gone either way, you are attracted to both sexes.

I think that means you are actually bisexual or gay, but just choosing to not act on it.

So your unrequited lust for men, what is that like, it's got to be a difficult way to be?

When you are with a woman, do you ever fantasize you are with a man?  
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Tradesecret
😂😂😂😂

Yes, and make sure you let her know that being attracted to her rather than a man requires "mental discipline."

Then let us know if she chooses to be attracted to you after that romantic talk LOL.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
@Sidewalker
Dont be so hard on Tradesecret.

The only way he can defend Christianity is by saying that homosexuality/pedophilia attraction is a choice, because the option of God creating it makes God look very bad.

Maybe there is a third option, Satan creating it with God's permission, which then begs the question why would God permit that.

As silly as Tradesecret's view is, its actually the least bad option he has.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea

The only way he can defend Christianity is by saying that homosexuality/pedophilia attraction is a choice, because the option of God creating it makes God look very bad.

Maybe there is a third option, Satan creating it with God's permission, which then begs the question why would God permit that.

If he had to look in a book to tell him which gender to "choose", I'm pretty sure that means he is gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Tradesecret
Yep he did. He very clearly indicated that sexual orientation is fluid.
A change doesn't mean a choice.

Eczema is fluid, but that doesn't mean people choose to have more or less.

We choose whom we want to be attracted to.
"want to be"
and
"are"

Are not the same.

We live in a world where we want to do our own thing and decide our own outcomes.
A useful premise, but not one that helps you conclude everything about ourselves or our world is a choice.
7000series
Debates: 19
7000series
If a god were to exist, I would bet that us humans are merely a byproduct of God's creation. People need to stop blaming God for everything they don't like about the universe, because God probably didn't think much about humans when creating the cosmos.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
"mental discipline" for sexual attraction is the stupidiest thing I've ever heard in my life. 

I laughed my ass out with it, hahaha. Next time I will try to not be sexually attracted to my hot neighbor with just pure "mental discipline". Lol.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
@7000series
If a god were to exist, I would bet that us humans are merely a byproduct of God's creation. People need to stop blaming God for everything they don't like about the universe, because God probably didn't think much about humans when creating the cosmos.

the option of God creating it makes God look very bad.

Or maybe this God is not perfect or doesn't know everything as Christians thought. 

Perfection is ephemeral, utopian and eventually quite boring. Unfortunatly, this is the only way religions can survive, promising perfection.
Amber
Amber
-->
@FishChaser
-->
@<<<Amber>>>
"You people tolerate this level of nastiness, especially towards women?? "

You think what I said is worse because it was aimed at a woman which implies you think treating a woman poorly is worse than treating a man poorly.
I never implied that. What you are asserting does not follow (Non sequitur).
Your comment was directed at me, a woman, not anyone else of the opposite sex. 
This was an A - B conversation. There is no C (a man). Therefore, I implied no such thing. 

FishChaser
Debates: 65
FishChaser
-->
@Amber
ESPECIALLY TOWARDS WOMEN

Do I need to spell it out for you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@7000series
 God probably didn't think much about humans when creating the cosmos.

Indeed human life was cheap to this god. Literally 10 a penny.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RationalMadman
😂😂😂😂

My wife knows this. She doesn't have any issue with it either.  Out of all the possible people, I chose her and to be attracted to her. She feels pretty special. And she's quite content that I did. It's not insulting to choose to be attracted to someone and to choose to single her out as the only one you want. I feel sad for people who can't help who they are attracted too.  They are at the mercy of whatever chemicals are running through their brains at the time.  Me, I'm very content and satisfied as is my wife. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Sidewalker
If you had to choose your orientation, that means it could have gone either way, you are attracted to both sexes.

I think that means you are actually bisexual or gay, but just choosing to not act on it.

So your unrequited lust for men, what is that like, it's got to be a difficult way to be? 

When you are with a woman, do you ever fantasize you are with a man?  
I didn't choose a sexual orientation. I am what I am.  I determine how I think and I determine the things that I consider are helpful for me. Sexual orientation is a myth. It's an excuse for people to do whatever they want without consequences. Mostly, it's lust not attraction. It's the chemicals in the brain that they don't want to control. In my view, the idea that people are at the mercy of these chemicals is one of the saddest and most pathetic things in our modern society. 

I'm not gay. I'm not bisexual. I choose to love my wife and to honour my God. It's not an issue. It's not just the mind or discipline. It's not difficult really. 

I don't have unrequited lust for men. I don't unrequited lust for other women either. I don't lust after my wife. I don't need to. Yet, I am very attracted to my wife. And she to me.  

I'm not with "women". I am only with my wife. I accept that perhaps this is foreign for you. But the fact is I love my wife. We've been married for 26 years. We have 6 beautiful children. One who is married. Three who are adults. None who have ever questioned their sexuality or orientation. 

When you have everything you wanted, why would you fantasise about anything else?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Sidewalker
Yes, and make sure you let her know that being attracted to her rather than a man requires "mental discipline."

Then let us know if she chooses to be attracted to you after that romantic talk LOL.

I never raised the term "mental discipline".  I actually think it is more than that. I have informed my wife I choose to be attracted to her. I see that as a compliment. Not an insult. I know her. She knows me. It's not hard being attracted to her. She's smart and intelligent. And delightful in every way.  We have chosen each other. It wasn't just - oh I have fallen in love - because of some chemicals running through my loins. We are in love. We choose to be in love everyday. And we love each other far more than when we first got together.  I think that is the right way to do things. We don't worry about falling out of love. Of course, we have our issues. But we have committed to resolve those as we can. We have our differences. She doesn't drink. I do. I like to stay up late. She likes to go to bed early. She gets up early and walks. I like to sleep in. She rolls her toothpaste up and I like to squeeze mine from the top. She's tough with the kids. I am the soft one. 

But I would die for her. Without even thinking about it. I'd quite my job. I'd move town. And I am pretty confident she would do the same for me. 

7000series
Debates: 19
7000series
-->
@Tradesecret
I'm tearing up. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea

That's not true. I could defend it in other ways as well. In fact, I don't have to say it is a choice. When I was younger I held to the view that such things were sinful and therefore they must be a choice. I reject your third option. 

Yet there is a third option. But noting that the second option would be that God created it and therefore they are not sinful and Christians and the Jews and pretty much the whole world in history save for the past 50 years simply got it wrong.  Obviously, I reject the second option. The bible is clear that such things are sinful. 

The third option of course is dependent upon the idea that there is sin and there are sins. One is nature and one is action. 

Christians generally would take the view that God created humanity "very good". And without sin. either nature or with active sinful behaviour.  Yet Adam and Eve fell from grace. In other words they fell into sin when they took the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.  In doing so, their nature was changed. No longer innocent, but deceived and distorted. Hence, it is quite natural that a distorted humanity could easily pass on homosexuality and pedaphilia as normal and part of the new sinful nature.  It doesn't necessarily need to be a choice.  I think there is validity in this idea. Of course, it doesn't excuse this sinful nature or behaviour that flows from it. But it explains why some people don't feel they have a choice. 

I, on the other hand, think attraction is a choice. And it must be. It is difficult to believe that it is not a choice. For example, if everyone but one person in the world was heterosexual and they had no choice in who they were attracted too, then the one person who is gay, would. never experience love since no one would be able to choose to love that one gay man in this particular way. It would seem counter to all intuition that this one gay person would simply either have to give up his gayness if he wanted love or that one man who was heterosexual would seem to choose to love this gay man so that he could understand love. Hence, unless there is always a situation or a plan where nature, for want of a better word, always managed to make sure there were enough gay people to love each other, then such nature is obviously a nonsense. Choice then becomes a more pragmatic answer.  

We choose whom we are attracted to. If our chemicals in our bodies dictate how we act and behave then we are a sad and pathetic people. We have brains and hearts and feelings. Yet surely we are their master and not they ours.  
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Yep he did. He very clearly indicated that sexual orientation is fluid.
A change doesn't mean a choice.

Eczema is fluid, but that doesn't mean people choose to have more or less.
If people don't choose - then they are acting on instinct only. That's hardly complimentary. It demonstrates even less restraint than the animals. 

We choose whom we want to be attracted to.
"want to be"
and 
"are"

Are not the same.
True. They are not the same. Yet, you don't articulate how someone can be attracted to someone they don't want to be attracted too. The chemicals in your brain don't necessarily make us fall in love with trees. Or with footballs. Or with the rock that is outside. Conveniently, they tend to make us attracted to humans. there's nothing wrong with admiring someone of the same sex. That's natural. But it doesn't mean that you can't choose not to take it any further.  Our chemicals don't have to rule us. 

We live in a world where we want to do our own thing and decide our own outcomes.
A useful premise, but not one that helps you conclude everything about ourselves or our world is a choice.
Yes, it's a useful premise when it suits us and our ideas, but not when it actually demonstrates how wrong our ideas are. 
sadolite
sadolite
Why is it always assumed that god created every form of disease and mental illness? Have you ever considered these to be manifestations of perverse and self destructive  behavior (free will)  birth defects, cell degradation and environmental exposure. Have you also ever considered that god does not control the outcomes of day to day living of all living things? 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Tradesecret
Yet, you don't articulate how someone can be attracted to someone they don't want to be attracted too.
Same way someone can like a taste they don't want to like, or dislike a smell they want to smell.

The chemicals in your brain don't necessarily make us fall in love with trees. Or with footballs. Or with the rock that is outside.
There is this thing called the subconscious. Perceptions and concepts beyond our conscious control can exhibit considerable complexity just like conscious versions.

Our chemicals don't have to rule us.
You are incorrect to divide all mental observables into choices and "chemicals". A better word would be instincts, and no they don't have to rule us but nobody is saying they have to. You are pretending sexual orientation doesn't exist by apparently defining it as "that which need not rule us".

If chemicals (still bad word) do not rule us, they still exist.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Yep, I would agree that sexual satisfaction is short lived.

Until the next time.

As designed by a creator.

Or an inevitability relative to evolved physiology.

For some reason or not.

And for sure, sequences of events occur because they are sequences of events.

If they didn't, neither you nor I, would be either up-to-date or out-dated.

You state the obvious dear Trade.

And so for that matter, we are in agreement.

And sort of up-to-date.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
I have informed my wife I choose to be attracted to her.
Thats great.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@7000series
@ Tradesecret: I'm tearing up. 

So am I....... with laughter. 🤣 🤣🤣

The Reverend Tradsecret is a self confessed "sexual deviant" that has told us in the past that he has "experimented with sex in many ways even with "family members" when  in India. I am going to assume that Mrs Traedesecret knows all about his sexual deviant past considering he has confessed freely and willingly  on this open forum on the WWW about his sexual shenanigans of days gone by.    I have the receipts

Interesting he says this above:

I'm not gay. I'm not bisexual. I choose to love my wife and to honour my God.

While telling us often  "I didn't choose god but that god chose me".  

The man is a psychopathic compulsive lying clown that just cannot help telling us and the www all about himself but then plays victim when his lies, contradictions and past statements and confessions of the past raise their ugly head.

And lets not forget the Reverend Tradsecret speaks of everything being predestined where he often tell us:

Tradesecret wrote:
Predestination I had no choice. 

And there is all this other Bullshite that he has entertained us with over the years:

"Being alecturer that teaches the scripture at universities. " No,I don't charge students,  I charge universities when theyrequest me to lecture to them".  #20
Alongwith  "being a Chaplain to his countries' defences;(Pick a country any country, s/he says s/he's Australian  then aNew Zealander and Indian)  "I am qualified by certifiedcolleges with proper accreditation". #20
Alongwith telling us; I am also a chaplain to ourCountries Defence forces, a position I could not have without properqualifications".  #20
Alongwith telling us; " I studied and wastutored by academics, scholars, and priests and fathers from theOrthodox Church". #91
Alongwith telling us; " I study the originallanguages, translate them to English",  #25
Alongwith his criminal lawyering that can take 100's ofhours of a lawyers time reading briefs and just as many in the courtroom defending criminal criminals!
Alongwith his anti abortion work; "I devote asignificant amount of my resources in trying to prevent abortionsfrom happening".#64
Thelist is long and so so varied.   Where ever doess/he find the time? <<<< ALL THIS on top of a his familylife and running farm! Yes the farm with its "millions of years old rocks". 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Yet, you don't articulate how someone can be attracted to someone they don't want to be attracted too.
Same way someone can like a taste they don't want to like, or dislike a smell they want to smell.
Really. Can you give a concrete example please? 

The chemicals in your brain don't necessarily make us fall in love with trees. Or with footballs. Or with the rock that is outside.
There is this thing called the subconscious. Perceptions and concepts beyond our conscious control can exhibit considerable complexity just like conscious versions.

The subconscious?  You mean deceit.  I suppose you think that we only use 10% of our brains as well.  If it's subconscious then it's clearly not rational. 

Our chemicals don't have to rule us.
You are incorrect to divide all mental observables into choices and "chemicals". A better word would be instincts, and no they don't have to rule us but nobody is saying they have to. You are pretending sexual orientation doesn't exist by apparently defining it as "that which need not rule us".

If chemicals (still bad word) do not rule us, they still exist.
I disagree. And besides I don't divide all things into those two categories. Yet. for the sake of this discussion there is choice and no choice. You call it instinct. Animalistic. I take the view there is a difference between animals and humans. Sexual orientation is a convenient mechanism to make us think it is only instinct. Get rid of it and start to think. That's what I say. And it helps. Yes, Chemical exist. But they don't have to rule us. They don't rule me and millions all over the world. Of course - some people can't resist. That doesn't prove sexual orientation exists.