Author: bsh1

Archived
Total: 86
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Mharman
Yeah, it's strange how Zeichen didn't want any messages from me, yet at the same time followed me around on the forums and didn't bother to block me.

It's almost like Zeichen is just crybully trolling, and has been doing this for years.
Zeichen
Debates: 0
Zeichen
It’s amusing how Anal thinks I was “following” him around in the forums when he is the one continually referencing me. He is that obsessed that he decided to make a thread on my 2-day ban (which, to note, had no relation to any exchanges with him), and send me messages via PM, again. He always resorts to that when he is upset by something. I would advise anyone to block him immediately, as it is a form of harassment. 

To reiterate, all I have done here is ask questions in an AMA which stated the following: I will answer ANY question you ask, with no exceptions. 

The questions I posted, btw, were for the benefit of other people. I have no interest in engaging with him -- neither in the public fora, nor through private messages. 

coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Zeichen
@Analgesic.Spectre
You two have been fighting for years.  Do either of you feel like you've accomplished something in the process? 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Anything done out of an abundance of caution is improperly done. I have never been a part of a forum where the majority of users thought the mod team was incompetent. It should tell you something that even mortal enemies like me and RM can set aside our differences because of a common problem that is harming the community. You can bet when Superman and Lex Luthor team up, it is because there is a great threat to humanity.
Which one of you is Lex and which is Superman?

I haven't really seen anything to support that it's the majority of users. I think most members probably don't care and are wrapped up in their own site interests.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Castin
Well one of us also has a cluster B personality like Lex Luthor and the other one is faster than a locomotive, at least according to your mom.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Rofl
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
This thread...

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
This is a final reminder that to claim the amnesty offered in the OP, you must come forward to moderation by sending them a private confession (identifying all accounts you've ever had on DART) on or before 11:59pm, EST, on January 2, 2019. Only 4 days remain to do so.
Vaarka
Vaarka
I've made several accounts. In fact 90% of the people posting on this website are actually me. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
This thread...
*blinks innocently*

RationalMadman
Debates: 571
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
There is actually a huge similarity between Luthor and myself, more so on this site than me vs DDO (which also fits in with how he changed over time) but Wylted is no Superman. Wylted is more Bane or something.
Outplayz
Outplayz
I have 4 accounts. One to troll, One to grudge vote, one to be good cop, one to be bad cop. All of them are from different ip addresses so you'll never know i have 4 accounts. I am a different person at work (good cop), at my parents (bad cop), at my sisters house (grudge vote), and my best friends house (troll)... I'm kidding of course. =) 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Lol.

How exactly does a non-mod member play good cop or bad cop?
David
Debates: 92
David
-->
@Castin
Lol.

I am almost always the good cop and bsh is almost always the bad cop.

/s
Castin
Castin
-->
@David
You should switch one day just to freak people out.
David
David
-->
@Castin
ROFL don't give us any ideas now....
coal
coal
Given that bsh1 has posted a "come clean" thread, this leads me to believe he suspects multiple people of multi-accounting.  I have several theories on why this might be, though one common IP address across multiple IP addresses from various accounts is hardly an indicia of multi-accounting... it's not even plausible evidence of multi-accounting, given how IP addresses work -- especially given that many here likely post from their phones.

Based on some conversations I've had with some people, I expect that more than several people will be unjustifiably sanctioned for "multi-accounting" where no multi-accounting has taken place.  This will prove one of the more significant tests of moderation, due in large part to basic misunderstandings.  When respectable members are forced not to debate on or vote on the debates of others who share a sole common IP across the set of IP addresses unique to each account, the accusation of "multi-accounting" is little more than misguided paranoia. 

Hopefully I am wrong.  I prefer to be wrong, here.  But, I am not unreasonably cautious of the fact that one who holds the hammer has a tendency to view the world as a set of nails. 

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
You aren't wrong. If it weren't for the COC I would say BSH1 is basically Hitler
coal
coal
-->
@Wylted
"Basically" Hitler? as opposed to "literally" Hitler?  

Well, you never were one for overstatement or exaggeration.  lol

RationalMadman
Debates: 571
RationalMadman
Coal, even professional gambling sites use IP as the first and foremost way of decdecdjng who can't play together on the same table. It is not about stopping family or really omates from playing, just preventing hem playing together. Much like voting or debating, it can't be Co sidered fair competition of people that close irl are allowed to I fluence each other's winrates in such a direct manner.
David
David
-->
@coal
Given that bsh1 has posted a "come clean" thread, this leads me to believe he suspects multiple people of multi-accounting.  I have several theories on why this might be, though one common IP address across multiple IP addresses from various accounts is hardly an indicia of multi-accounting... it's not even plausible evidence of multi-accounting, given how IP addresses work -- especially given that many here likely post from their phones.

As bsh notes in the OP this thread exists precisely because we have seen people multi account and admit to it. We've closed more than 20 accounts that were all multis.
coal
coal
-->
@David
I have it on good faith that Mharman is my multiaccount, as are GrayParrot, Wylted, and Thett. 
coal
coal
-->
@David
TheHammer and REF are also my multis.

I have so many personalities. 
Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
This crackdown on multis may have been thanks to a member who I will not name that created 30 accounts total, at least according to the mod team. It could be less than that, but given that the user had very identifiable traits and had admitted to at least some of the multis being his, it is reasonable to assume the figure is close to 30.

People may be unfairly sanctioned, but I don't know if many here would have siblings/friends that would be invited to join DART. If you consider that the sibling/friend could be unwilling to join hangouts and justify any claim of them being a different person, then it would otherwise be very hard to come to a rational conclusion on whether the accounts are used by the same people or not. I feel that the concern for this is justified, as the mod would otherwise see a member's "brother" votebomb their debates in favor of the former member. You could argue that it is bias, and that after said votebombing, the "brother" could no longer be permitted to vote for said member, but what then? If it really is the same person, they might make sufficient RFD's as a smoke screen for cheating in a debate.

This probably won't happen considering the inactivity in this site, but I can at least understand bsh's position here. This isn't to suggest that I want a crackdown, but I am not one to firmly oppose it either.
coal
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
I didn't say that no one was multi-accounting.  Zechien or whatever the latest incarnation of EmilRose was almost certainly was.  That doesn't change my point, however.  Nor does anything RM said change or undermine my point. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Nevermind.
Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
I am aware that wasn't your argument, but as Virt and I have just said, the mod team has had to close a plethora of alts.

I will again bring up that one person made about 30 accounts.

Again, I am not very supportive of the crackdown, but why wouldn't it be justified if the issue is one that can be difficult to solve with a very lenient agenda?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
I don't know lol. I had to make it somewhat obvious i'm lying... or am i? There is a hint of truth in my statement. 
coal
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
"I am not very supportive of the crackdown, but why wouldn't it be justified if the issue is one that can be difficult to solve with a very lenient agenda?"

I don't know what you're asking here.
Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
You said that what the head mod is doing here isn't justified.

Why, and what could he do instead?