Archived
Total: 86
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
No, this is what I said:

Given that bsh1 has posted a "come clean" thread, this leads me to believe he suspects multiple people of multi-accounting.  I have several theories on why this might be, though one common IP address across multiple IP addresses from various accounts is hardly an indicia of multi-accounting... it's not even plausible evidence of multi-accounting, given how IP addresses work -- especially given that many here likely post from their phones.

Based on some conversations I've had with some people, I expect that more than several people will be unjustifiably sanctioned for "multi-accounting" where no multi-accounting has taken place.  This will prove one of the more significant tests of moderation, due in large part to basic misunderstandings.  When respectable members are forced not to debate on or vote on the debates of others who share a sole common IP across the set of IP addresses unique to each account, the accusation of "multi-accounting" is little more than misguided paranoia. 

Hopefully I am wrong.  I prefer to be wrong, here.  But, I am not unreasonably cautious of the fact that one who holds the hammer has a tendency to view the world as a set of nails. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
It is not misguided paranoia, it's well-guided paranoia.
coal
coal
RationalMadman

I would encourage you to re-read what I wrote, before reacting to it...  Further, I would encourage you to re-read my PM before thinking that I was referring to you, when I clearly said "your opponent".  

To save yourself from the anxiety of overreacting in the future, if you feel yourself having a strong emotional reaction to anything I say, take a step back and re-read it.... I am almost certainly not talking about you.
coal
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
At least four points of commonality, as opposed to one or two, would be a good start. 
Dk-McDan
Debates: 1
Dk-McDan
When respectable members are forced not to debate on or vote on the debates of others who share a sole common IP across the set of IP addresses unique to each account, the accusation of "multi-accounting" is little more than misguided paranoia. 

What is the solution then?

Deleted because I forgot to put coal as a receiver and also in case he didn't reply.

Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
By points, do you mean hypothetical alts? I am perplexed.
coal
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
Data points.
Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
Ah....

I agree then.

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Dk-McDan
Again, I am not very supportive of the crackdown.
I wouldn't call it a crackdown, in the sense that implies a harsh response to multi-accounters. The fact that we offered a general amnesty for multi-accounters indicates that we would prefer not to act harshly against any particular multi-accounter. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Your mercy is your fallacy... What use is offering plea bargaining when the intel is all yours?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
It is not avout Amnesty. It is like when the teacher has no ideal who stole his pen so he gives everyone a chance to come clean. It is an intimidation tactic.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
They have an idea alright.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@bsh1
Again, I am not very supportive of the crackdown.

Your mercy is your fallacy

Lol how can you be too harsh (i.e. crackdown) and too merciful at the same time? Your detractors can't even get their story straight xD
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Are you assuming something? I am sided with bsh1 on this.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
I am sided with bsh1 on this.
Lol dude you're criticising him for being too merciful.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
That is correct. Context is key to understanding why someone who criticises one thing in one places compliments another in another place while perhaps being inversely sided overall in both scenarios.
coal
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
Do realize that no one, myself included, suggested there was any "crackdown" on anything. 
Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
Why did you bring this up again?

coal
coal
-->
@Dk-McDan
I brought it up because I want to be clear that we both understand what I did, and did not say.  While I am glad that you agree with me that at least four datapoints should be used prior to even suspicion of multi-accounting, or any subsequent penalty, I want to be explicitly sure that no miscommunication is looming out there... and that no illusions that I am accusing bsh1 of some imperios crackdown -- because that is not what I said, and that is not what I meant.  

For some reason, people in general (thought not you, necessarily) seem to think that whenever I'm saying something, it's some veiled innuendo at a much more egregious accusation or hidden insult mired in complex and flowery language.  Let's be sure that none labor under the apprehension here that I am doing anything of that sort.  I am not.

If I was going to accuse bsh1 of being an imperious mod, tyrant, or in Wylted's words "literally Hitler", I'd be doing that, directly.  I don't use veiled insults or, as Eminem would state, "sublims".  For example, I'm not the kind of guy who would go on Tech 9's album and throw shade.  If you don't catch the reference, listen to Kamakaze.  

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Kamikaze*

Do you like rap?
Dk-McDan
Dk-McDan
-->
@coal
Idk dude, I could describe the process in which I interpreted it as a "veil", but I don't think it would be worth either of our time. You are right, what you write did seem to raise a notion of an innuendo in me.

The usage of the word "crackdown" was amplified, and I understand that. Considering a factor (deactivation) that I had not contemplated, I can no longer agree with what was said in retrospect. This site is still young and will not be devoid of flaw. 
coal
coal
-->
@RationalMadman
Some rap I like a lot.  A lot of rap I hate to the same degree.

Lyrical is good.  Eminem, namely.  Kanye and Jay Z are good as well.  Joyner Lucas is probably the most talented guy on the scene other than
Eminem, though, and he should have won a Grammy for "I'm Not Racist".  But, the Grammys "can go and fuck themselves".  Mumble rap, anyone with "Lil" in their name other than Wayne... I hate.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Kanye... Being compared LYRICALLY... To Eminem...

Jay Z... Just Lol... Jay Z is most industrialised illuminati bugger of the lot. He literally reads off a script they write for him I am so sure.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Wayne is actually better than most other Lil's I agree. I don't like Wayne at all though...
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I don't think it is appropriate for a bunch of crackers to act like they know anything about the music of my people
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
This is a final reminder that to claim the amnesty offered in the OP, you must come forward to moderation by sending them a private confession (identifying all accounts you've ever had on DART) on or before 11:59pm, EST, on January 2, 2019.
So let's say I wasn't home until after the date passed....