Please review an opinion on Taylor Swft

Author: Barney

Total: 88
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
FUCK TAYLOR SWIFT SHE IS PEAK WHITE LIBERAL
A friend of a friend posted the above, and the discussion of it got heated.

I’m curious what other peoples immediate reactions are,  so please assist me.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
She is indeed a white liberal. That in itself isn't enough to hold her in contempt. She hates Trump but I haven't read anything about her hating his supporters as well. Which, if she did, would of course justify hating her back, but whatever.

She does, unfortunately, have a fan base disproportionately represented by deranged fanatics who'll dogpile on anyone who even mildly criticizes her, proud misandrists, the weirdly superstitious about things like astrology, and the generally mean-spirited. But I don't believe this is her fault per se.
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
-->
@Barney
I like her.maybe it's my dick talking but she is cool, and a 4chan user. 

I don't think she is pushing her political views just stating them but the media is propping her up and kissing her ass because thy believe if she I aggressive with her beliefs it will cause a bunch of disinterested young girls to vote biden who would have likely stayed home. 

So I guess the frustration is probably due to that and the constant promotion of her lately by the media at large. It is somewhat frightening to see the coordinated effort to promote her as well. 

-----

On the one hand I do see that she is your typical Hollywood person just with a stupid opinion and okay with sharing it. Fine. 

On the other hand it is tough to swallow because like Dolly Parton, Taylor swift is actually a genius. She got into the limelight with country. Her rich daddy going store to store to buy hundreds of thousands of records so she would start topping the charts and get attention from the main stream. 

Her shift to pop to capture a new audience. Every decision she made ws her pushing around her team and not her team pushing around her such as what PINK allows. So Taylor's success is her own and it would be much less significant if she didn't have immense courage and intelligence that is just unheard of for 18 year olds .

-------------

We also have an example of the right being antagonistic for ideology over race. Something white nationalists often criticize them for. 

We have a young white woman that is a positive influence for young girls. She int doing perverted stuff on stage. She isn't promoting being a slut, despite being one. She isn't promoting a woke ideology. 

She is merely a white woman promoting good values and who is successful who also just so happens to be liberal. 

Th outrage would be better directed at somebody else. IT is just like the Karen meme which made people want to attack admittedly annoying women but white women who serve an important function. The function was to enforce cultural norms. A people who without we would indeed become more divided. 

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Swagnarok
She does, unfortunately, have a fan base disproportionately represented by deranged fanatics who'll dogpile on anyone who even mildly criticizes her, proud misandrists, the weirdly superstitious about things like astrology, and the generally mean-spirited. But I don't believe this is her fault per se.
I believe her fan base is generally stupid. My wife is a huge fan and saw her concert in theaters like 5 times and watches it every other day on Disney. My wife is also a mean spirited bitch but I don't think she is representative of swifities in general. 

It's just young girls who really like her music and bond with each other over it. I don't think they are mean spirited misandrists . Where have you seen this?

Most seem disinterested in politics and just want to have fun. 
FishChaser
Debates: 62
FishChaser
-->
@WyIted
Taylor swift is actually a genius. She got into the limelight with country. Her rich daddy
I am literally offended that you call her a genius and then admit she is only successful because she has a rich daddy the very next second. The fact of the matter is that success in the music industry ALWAYS comes down to money, connections and luck. There is no strat to get big as an artist that doesn't involve those 3 things, especially when you get big as young as Taylor Swift did. The biggest genius on earth could fail at music and the biggest retard on earth could succeed depending on who has money, who has connections, and who happens to click with the idiot masses who both have shitty and sporadic taste in music.

Her shift to pop to capture a new audience. 
This is not much of an impressive feat of intelligence so much as it is common sense opportunism. She was always pop-country and found that more people responded well to her more pop oriented songs.

Every decision she made ws her pushing around her team and not her team pushing around her such as what PINK allows. 
Hitler lost because he didn't listen to his generals. Taylor Swift won because she is an attractive female who appeals to the overwhelming number of dumb bitches out there and because she has a rich daddy.

She is merely a white woman promoting good values 
Her songs are literally just about whining because she broke up with a guy. She isn't promoting any values.

My wife is also a mean spirited bitch
Then why did you marry her?

I don't think they are mean spirited misandrists 
All females are mean spirited misandrists when it comes to males they see as low in SMV.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FishChaser
I am literally offended that you call her a genius and then admit she is only successful because she has a rich daddy the very next second.

Thats how she got her start but there is a difference between what you do with that initial fame and what is possible. For example Lisa Loeb got a similar big entrance and essentially blew it, Taylor swift may have gotten in where a broke person would have failed but she capitalized better on her opportunities than almost anybody in existence would be able to.

This is not much of an impressive feat of intelligence so much as it is common sense opportunism. She was always pop-country and found that more people responded well to her more pop oriented songs.

It was an impressive feat when you realize that common knowledge was that you mixed in some country songs with some pop songs to try and bridge that gap, but she released an entire pop album and was able to take complete control over her handlers at like 19. The experts surrounding her believed that every fan she had would drop off once she did pop and she would not retain her original audience. It is also an industry that is afraid of calculated risk.

Hitler lost because he didn't listen to his generals. Taylor Swift won because she is an attractive female who appeals to the overwhelming number of dumb bitches out there and because she has a rich daddy.

You lose whether you listen to your advisors or ignore them. The competent leader does neither but instead takes their knowledge and utilizes their knowledge while essentially ignoring their advice knowing they don't have as much of a bird's eye-view as the leader. Wisdom comes from the balancing act of ignoring the wisdom of generals and utilizing it.

Then why did you marry her?
Because I have a kid with her and I want to see him everyday and I don't trust her judgement in men and don't want her to bring some piece of shit into my son's life.

All females are mean spirited misandrists when it comes to males they see as low in SMV.
true but my point is swifties are no more so than the general population of females.

FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@WyIted
Thats how she got her start but there is a difference between what you do with that initial fame and what is possible. For example Lisa Loeb got a similar big entrance and essentially blew it
When you're an attractive woman with a head start you have to be pretty dumb to fail. The difference isn't that Lisa is average and Taylor is smart, the difference is that Taylor is average and extremely privileged while Lisa is privileged but extremely dumb.

, but she released an entire pop album and was able to take complete control over her handlers at like 19. 
There are a lot of country artists, so presumably her fanbase liked her for more than just "girl makes country songs" or else she wouldn't have stood out to begin with. Her fanbase liked her particularly because "girl makes pop-country songs and talks about break ups a lot". She knew that her fanbase already liked pop so as long as she stayed true to her whiny, "poor me I broke up with a guy" self she knew she could reach out to a larger audience and keep her old fanbase by focusing more on pop stylistically.

I figured that out in less than 5 minutes while typing this reply, and I am a retard, so a 19 year old girl of average intelligence could easily figure that out if it was literally her whole life and she spent months and years thinking about it almost as much as she thinks about how much of an ass hole all her exes are.

You lose whether you listen to your advisors or ignore them. The competent leader does neither but instead takes their knowledge and utilizes their knowledge while essentially ignoring their advice knowing they don't have as much of a bird's eye-view as the leader. Wisdom comes from the balancing act of ignoring the wisdom of generals and utilizing it.
This is fairly accurate, so it means that Taylor is either not smart because she didn't do this or it means that her team was just particularly dumb or way too risk-averse compared to her.

Because I have a kid with her 
So why did you have a kid with her? Getting married and having a kid is two of the most dangerous things a man can do and you should have been way more careful who you do it with.
WyIted
WyIted
This is fairly accurate, so it means that Taylor is either not smart because she didn't do this or it means that her team was just particularly dumb or way too risk-averse compared to her.
Since she has achieved what only maybe 2orn3 people before her have. People like Michael Jackson and Jay Z  and Dolly Parton I will assume she did walk that tight rope correctly

So why did you have a kid with her? Getting married and having a kid is two of the most dangerous things a man can do and you should have been way more careful who you do it with.
I think having childhood drama caused me to become captain save-a-hoe . It's not a mistake I would make again
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@WyIted
Do you think we should have a debate where I defend the proposition that Taylor Swift has average intelligence and you defend her being a genius?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FishChaser
I think I can prove she has a high IQ. Probably in the 130-140 range.

However I am in like 6 debates right now. I can probably defeat your arguments much easier than I can prove my own but if I understand your premises correctly they don't prove average or low intelligence. Here is what I gather from our conversation.

1. Taylor swift is not smart because she is pretty

Studies show that appearance and IQ have a positive Correlation and being pretty wouldn't make you stupid.

2. Taylor swift is succesful because her dad is rich

IQ is largely heritable and her dad's money is probably from having a High IQ. 

3. Her moves seem like common sense

Hindsight is 20/20 and the conventional wisdom went against the move as did a bunch of powerful people who were hired essentially to manipulate her and she managed to have enough confidence to overcome pressure almost nobody is able to. 
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@WyIted
So you would have this debate when you have less active debates is what you're saying?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FishChaser
No, it would take me a considerable amount of research and you are a low effort debater. I will reconsider if I see a high effort debate from you. 
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@WyIted
Then I will blast your butt hole wide open right here and now.

Studies show that appearance and IQ have a positive Correlation and being pretty wouldn't make you stupid.
My argument is not that being pretty makes you stupid, it is that being pretty means she doesn't need to be as smart especially in an industry that values looks way more than intelligence. Even though there is a positive correlation between looks and intelligence, there are many attractive people who are average or dumb. Also the correlation only applies to above average but not genius people. Most geniuses are ugly or average looking, maybe slightly above average. There is not a single genius I know of who is a proper Chad or Stacy and your claim is that she is a genius.

IQ is largely heritable and her dad's money is probably from having a High IQ. 
Even if IQ is largely heritable and there is correlation between making more money and intelligence, this is not a sure thing. He could have gotten rich because he was lucky/privileged or because he had a good work ethic and really wanted to be rich, so he tried way harder than most people.

Also even if it is right that IQ is heritable, it is still wrong because it means different races can be of lower intelligence than others which is racist. If the truth is racist then it shouldn't be true and shouldn't be treated as true because feelings don't care about your facts.

Hindsight is 20/20 and the conventional wisdom went against the move as did a bunch of powerful people who were hired essentially to manipulate her and she managed to have enough confidence to overcome pressure almost nobody is able to. 
She had more balls than they did, and I replicated her thought process while being retarded which proves you don't need to be a genius to figure out why it worked or why it would work.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
Her music is repitition. Same songs about ex boyfriends or current boyfriends.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Barney
I have no idea who Taylor Swift is besides the vague notion she has broken up with many people and sings songs about it.

Liberals are good. People the media calls liberal probably aren't liberal.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I don't mind Swift. Unlike other Illuminati puppet artists she can genuinely sing and do it well, however her actual tracks only sometimes vibe with me.

I'd take Dua Lipa over Swift. In any way you take that statement tbph.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@WyIted
I don't think they are mean spirited misandrists . Where have you seen this?
There was a YouTuber named MeatCanyon who made a video parodying her and her fans. In doing so, he invited a mob of rabid Swifties who liberally hurled epithets like "Incel" at him, which at this point is a male-oriented insult roughly equivalent to labeling a woman a slut or bitch (ironically enough, IIRC he's married). Some were dumb enough to believe that they could magically cause him to die in a month just by predicting that he would.

And yes, the commentators in question were women. MeatCanyon got so much hate mail from Swifties that he made a follow-up video about it. He took the whole episode in stride, which I respect. As for hardcore Swifties, zero respect for them.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Swagnarok
What you're doing is no different to finding the worst Trump supporters and saying that's all of them.

Taylor Swift is Illuminati Tier. She has too many fans to fathom. You found some toxic women among them, potentially girls not women.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FishChaser
This is baseless garbage. Men and boys are much crueller tonweak, dumb or otherwise challenged male humans than women and girls are, on average. The kindest humans are nearly all females if we'd take the top 0.7 percent. You know it's true. I know it's true.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@RationalMadman
Fair enough I guess. Though I wasn't professing my undying hatred for anyone who's ever enjoyed her music.

In my first post, I said that such people are "disproportionately represented" among her fan base. Even if there were proportionately as many fans of, say, Rihanna who happened to be jerks, Taylor Swift fans are notorious for being jerks while acting in the capacity of Taylor Swift fans.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Swagnarok
I will tell you why I am a fan of her. Some of her songs are not at all about exes at all but about bullies and making it out of handling a lot of people talking shit about her and being fierce and kicking ass despite it.

Even her ex song bs is actually musically and lyrically up there in relation to other pop tracks. On mainstream radio back when I was a kid/preteen/teenager (not specifying, approximating it) there was a period where her songs that hit the Radio were the best stuff on it with the most memorable being Love Story. In fact I hated Lil Wayne's stuff so much that I am surprised I ended up into rap.

That nostalgia effect seems to have lasted on me. I also find her as a person, as a woman not just celebrity, warmer and more genuinely authentic than a lot of her peers at that level. That bar is significantly low so she's beating a low bar, not a medium or high one.
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@RationalMadman
This is baseless garbage. 
It's called the halo effect, which effects women more because women are genetically programmed to have higher standards and to see undesirable men as a pile of undesirable genes that might rape them and thus they have inherent fear/hatred of low SMV men.

Men and boys are much crueller tonweak, dumb or otherwise challenged male humans than women and girls are, on average. 
It can seem that way because women are more likely to think in pure social darwinism and eugenics when it comes to unattractive men but outwardly say the most dishonest, nice-sounding thing they can think of so they don't look bad and then gaslight themselves into thinking that they are a good person for lying when their actual thoughts are mean as fuck.

The kindest humans are nearly all females 
Even the most empathetic person can have selective empathy. Female empathy instinctively shuts off for low SMV men. 

As a side note, I have talked to a couple empaths and I noticed that they hate and dehumanize people with ASPD.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Swagnarok
This song by her got me through a lot when it came out. I remember crying a couple times listening to it after a really hard day and with my dad being extra harsh.

Video is 12 years ago but it is from 2010, the song and was as she was rising big so I heard it.

It soothed me a lot even if it wasn't crying level stuff. She really is a good singer too.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@RationalMadman
If you gain enjoyment from Taylor Swift's music then good for you. My purpose here wasn't to take a dig at you if you aren't among the aforementioned toxic fans.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FishChaser
Even the most empathetic person can have selective empathy. Female empathy instinctively shuts off for low SMV men. 
No it doesn't. You're a guy who barely gets out and interacts with them. I've done volunteer work with both genders and talked to more people as I'm just more extraverted than you even on the Internet.

You haven't seen that side to women but they have it much more often than men do.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FishChaser
It can seem that way because women are more likely to think in pure social darwinism and eugenics when it comes to unattractive men but outwardly say the most dishonest, nice-sounding thing they can think of so they don't look bad and then gaslight themselves into thinking that they are a good person for lying when their actual thoughts are mean as fuck.
What are you even talking about?

1 on 1 or in a group, women are more often kind than men.

You really are just upset they don't fuck low IQ and visually repulsive men who are 5 foot 3 or shorter, often enough for your liking.

If you're an ugly or dumb man around women you're much safer actually than a hot and dumb one is, emotionally speaking in the long run most likely.

If you're an ugly and dumb woman, men on average are going to treat you like wallpaper and be sociopaths towards you. If you're hot it's nearly guaranteed they'll use you for sex alone andanipulate you worse than the reverse for women and hot guys they don't really think are smart.

If you're going to be sexist and discuss things in pure hetero sex terms and only see that as kindness, guess what? Even then men are far worse.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FishChaser
On this site alone I've met toxic women and toxic men. As recently as one day ago I experience the toxic ugly side of men here. I am absolutely sure with confidence when I say men are far more evil than women as a whole whether you're ugly or hot, male or female (especially if you're male).
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@RationalMadman
Introverted or not, it says something that I have never once seen a woman expressing empathy for a romantically lonely male.

I once had a female childhood "friend" who I had a crush on, and do you know what she said to me one day?

She asked me why people like me exist. I asked her what she means and this is what she said: "It sucks for you that no one wants you, but it's worse for everyone else because we have to pretend to be nice to you even though we all just wish you weren't there"

If it was herself or another woman who "no one wants" then she would never say something like that, she would think the loneliness is horrible. But because I was a boy who liked her and who she didn't like, she saw me as a disease and had so little empathy for me she thought that her having to tolerate my existence was worse than me suffering from loneliness.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
White liberal women will be the end of the nation. Also, all her songs are about choosing the wrong man 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@RationalMadman
You really are just upset they don't fuck low IQ and visually repulsive men who are 5 foot 3 or shorter, often enough for your liking.
This is how women view men:

Attractive: God in the flesh

Average: Invisible NPC

Particularly unattractive: Subhuman monster that belongs in a concentration camp