How to be cool

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 36
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
I found some really cool article about how to be cool.

I know some people struggle to make friends, so this should help them greatly.

To be cool:

1. Dont judge

Probably the most simple advice, but people will like you more if you dont judge them.

2. Dont self-promote

People who are always promoting themselves as better than others will get hated by others.

3. Dont be needy

Nobody likes a needy person. In fact, the more you ask from others, the more burden you place on them and the more they will hate you.

4. Dont be upset

Upset people arent cool. They just seem crazy. It would be better for them if they were more stable.

5. Dont react in a negative way

Cool people rarely react in a negative way. Hence the term "cool".

6. Think like others

If you think like others, they will like you more because of how similar you are to them.

7. Behave like others

If you wonder if your behavior is correct, just observe if other people do what you do.

8. Make others laugh

The more you make others laugh, the more happiness you give them and the more they like you.

9. Act like you dont care what others think

Even if you are trying to be like others, always act like you dont care what anyone thinks.

10. Be helpful

If you help someone, they might like you more because you are useful to them and to them it feels like you like them and they can count on you.

11. Not interested in defensive battles

If you have to battle because someone attacks you, focus on attack rather than on defense. Attack which succeeds is cooler than defense which succeeds, and attack which fails is still cooler than defense which fails.

12. Dont be afraid to be defeated

You should never care if you might lose or if you are defeated. You shouldnt even talk about it or think about it. In fact, harming your position to harm enemy is very cool.

13. Ignore

Cool people will often ignore instead of responding to attacks. In fact, ignoring attacks makes the attacker feel like he is not making an impact, as there is no reaction.

14. Not afraid to attack

Cool people arent afraid to attack those who attack them. In fact, one of the characteristics of cool people is making attacks quickly.

15. Some questions, but not too many

People who ask too many questions arent cool. Just look at people who ask lots of questions. Do they seem cool? No.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Here are the articles which might help:

RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
If you aren't afraid to attack, you have to be ready to violate a lot of the previous rules lmao.

Cool people are boring hypocrites.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The behave like others rule means you automatically become uncool if around uncool people, I guess that explains all the bs hypocrisy.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Well, I guess you have proved that Trump is not cool.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I don't mind needy people btw. It's not true nobody likes them. If they're moderately needy it's nice, makes you know they value what you bring to the friendship or relationship. People who aren't needy at all will backstab you without question.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
If you aren't afraid to attack, you have to be ready to violate a lot of the previous rules lmao.
Sadly, yes.

Sometimes in order to be cool, you have to judge and attack.

Its really a careful balance of these rules which determine how cool one is.

The behave like others rule means you automatically become uncool if around uncool people
Cool is usually defined as other people thinking you are great and love having you around.

Now, I guess if everyone else is not great, they would still consider you great if you were like them, because the standard is pretty much subjective.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
So basically be a fake ass chameleon too afraid to actually do any real clashing but attack others anyway because... Cool.

Right.

oh noooo they think I'm uncool end of the world.

Vs

I'm so cool but hate myself so much as all I do is blend in and appease others.

I pick option 1.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't mind needy people btw
I do.

I met a lot of needy people in prison.

You would be surprised how hard core criminals are barely able to take care of themselves both financially and in terms of social life.

Needy people always think you have some obligation to care for them as if you are their mother.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Trump was never too cool, but he had his moments.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
So basically be a fake ass chameleon too afraid to actually do any real clashing but attack others anyway because... Cool
The science of being cool is not about doing clashing, but simply respond to attacks with attacks and not being defensive.

Now, you can still do clashing and be cool, but if you clash too much with people then they dislike you, and the idea is to get liked by most people, not disliked.

So only clash with those who are minority.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Oh cool just means popular slave to sheep opinion, got it.

Also you're wrong about this.

The cool chameleon fights very defensive, doesn't attack or lash out.

The fierce and not cool chameleon fights entirely offensive and not defensive.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
The cool chameleon fights very defensive, doesn't attack or lash out.
No, thats a bully victim.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
You're going to the extreme of what needy is. All humans ultimately crave a parental figure in life even when adults btw, they just come to terms with the fact everyone is too self centred to give it to them and split up what the parent could give to them among different friends and their spouse.

For many adults what they do is remove the advising and guidance element and get it from other sources, this either gets them led very well by qualified people preaching right stuff or can lead the the total opposite.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Nope. It's what the coolest people alive do.

You can pick anyone super popular that's called very cool, it can be Taylor Swift, it can be The Rock anyone at all.

The people who are peak popular and cool never lash out directly ever. They fight entirely defensive and smile through the pain. They shake it off as TS says.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
You're going to the extreme of what needy is.
Well, no, I am just telling you that needy people are annoying.

No one really thinks "oh, I am so happy to fullfill your constant requests".

Even in sex, thats too much, let alone with friends or random people.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
You can pick anyone super popular that's called very cool, it can be Taylor Swift, it can be The Rock anyone at all.
Oh please, popular people constantly talk shit and attack others verbally.

You may find few exceptions, but with defensive mentality, usually all what you become is a bully victim.

I had defensive mentality as a kid. It just sends the message that bullying you carries least punishment, so they bully you.

The only thing below defensive is the one who doesnt even defend himself nor attacks.

But when you show people that you will rip them to shreds for smallest attack on you, now that makes you strong and deters bullies.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Nope.

Hybrid is best and not trying to be cool is best.

Cool people get bullied a lot by their peers but since they endure it and smile making them boring to bully long term and only in short term bursts.

The coolest guy in a group is not necessarily the leader. You're confusing different concepts.

Taylor Swift, The Rock, Tom Cruise, (until the slap happened) Will Smith and others are examples of the temperament and ethos that's peak coolness.

Will Smith switched to fierce attack mode and will never been seen as cool again and I don't just mean the slap I mean his temperament and wording too.

Cool people do fight defensive, they are true to your earlier rules less true to your later rules. When among angry people they don't become angry, they either get away fast or sit right and let others fight while nodding their head in agreement to whatever others say.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
But when you show people that you will rip them to shreds for smallest attack on you, now that makes you strong and deters bullies.
I've done that here multiple times and am not in the coop club here.

That's the opposite of being cool, it's being fierce and fiery. Cool is called cool because a cool person is always chill.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
You're confusing cool with popular.

Hitler was popular in Germany at the time but anything but cool.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Will Smith switched to fierce attack mode and will never been seen as cool
I wouldnt know, but thats because he didnt focus attacks on proper targets and didnt balance properly.

That's the opposite of being cool, it's being fierce and fiery. Cool is called cool because a cool person is always chill
No. If you want to be cool, being always chill will not get you there especially if you have enemies.

When people learn that you dont attack back, thats literally the shortest path to being a bully victim.

Do you think bully victims are cool? They are not cool.

Its okay to be chill, but being always chill is not okay unless you wanna be a punching bag for other people's anger episodes.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
You're confusing cool with popular
To me, those 2 are same.

I literally defined them as same.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Hitler was popular in Germany at the time but anything but cool.
The entire sane world agrees that Hitler was popular in Germany and had style.

Now, he wasnt popular everywhere, his coolness was limited to Germany and its allies.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
So?

You are changing the definition of cool constantly to suit whatever you define it as.

The dude in a Prison you're most scared to fuck with is not the cool guy, not ever.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Literally almost every rule I wrote talks about being popular.

And yes, the scariest guy in prison is usually considered liked, great and approved, because there is no other valid option which makes survival likely.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
But in prison, popular people are usually the ones doing attacks, playing games to fuck you up, try to turn guards and other prisoners against you.

Its a constant state of psychological war there.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Sure. You specifically said cool, not strategically superior.

Cool people aren't interested in being threat number one, they like being a threat because of the threats that will back them up and to chill out and play around that. Cool people are very defensive, they destroy you if you come for them with their homies/home girls and make you know their defensive wrath. If you let them be they at most tease you a bit, they let others fight each other and revel in being untouched.

The aura of cool exists, I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying your earlier rules applied more to it to what suddenly changed when you said attack and don't defend.

• Robert Downey Jr.
  • Johnny Depp
  • Taylor Swift
  • The Rock
  • Tom Cruise
  • Daniel Craig
  • Katy Perry
  • Rihanna
These are some celebrities who almost entirely exude cool aura at almost all times. They are not attackers but defenders.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Thats false.

I could list you many cool people, almost any big politician, doing attacks all the time.

Even some of the ones you list are known for putting others down.

But to clear further confusion, I did say attack when attacked, where being defensive usually means to either run away, endure, dodge or just do light attack just to stop current attack.

But attacking and not being defensive is all about making an example out of a person who attacks you.

Its all about sending the "this will happen to you too if you try" message to others.

Thats why cool people cant be defensive, unless they are surrounded by non-hostile people.

But the moment you encounter enemy, sure, be defensive to become his victim. Its what turns them on: slight but insufficient resistance.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Ask others if they think they're cool. Define cool.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
I also believe in imperialism in all areas of life, but I cant recommend people to do light attacks on others for no reason because rules of site and everything.