Debates I am willing to debate with Muslims

Author: WyIted

Total: 44
FishChaser
Debates: 62
FishChaser
-->
@WyIted
The reason Muslims seem so much worse is because they still live in Theocracies. Back when the Church was equivalent to the government Christians did the same kind of shit.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
-->
@FishChaser
The reason Muslims seem so much worse is because they still live in Theocracies
Any majority Muslim country will become a theocracy. Americans are predominantly christian and still believe in a secular government.

Back when the Church was equivalent to the government Christians did the same kind of shit.
This is untrue. Just patently false, the closest you could come to this is maybe pointing out the Salem witch trials but when you look to the historical record it was pretty obvious the women had sought after land https://salemwitchmuseum.com/locations/border-disputes/

Anything you find than after a just a mild investigation you"ll find it is just people trying to lie to control history.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@WyIted
4. Having sex with children is unethical
Maybe Islam is the new troll strat for Best.Korea:

"If she is 2 days old but she can handle sex with her, you will have sex with her"
"Yes"

(I think this guy is a plant)
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@WyIted
"Does the Quran ever call God Father? "

Not that I know of. I don't know if it forbids it. I know the scriptures it explains that God is Father just in a straightforward sense that he is Creator. Now I believe the Quran teaches God or as referred to Allah , created.

So that's another reconciliation.

"How does the Quran cover the story of Moses talking to a Burning bush? "

it covers it like manner of commanding Moses to remove his sandals for he was standing on holy ground.

"Does God call to Moses from a burning bush? "

This depends on how you think of perspective location of God. One translation says "out of the midst of the bush" and another " within the bush", yes.

Remember, God fills heaven and earth so regardless we see from the perspective in or outside or from the bush, God is everywhere in heaven and earth so likewise his voice.

"However are you agreeing that Jesus did die and was resurrected?"

I agree that the scriptures teach Jesus meaning the flesh and blood body died. See we have to be clear exactly on this because the scriptures uses language especially when it comes to Jesus in a mysterious explanation.

As the scripture teach, great is the mystery of godliness.  Layers upon layers of language to unpack just like when Jesus was talking to Nicodemus. That has to be unpacked, opened up, rightly divided.

So Jesus in the flesh was put to death. As he said he'll raise it up. That body was resurrected.

"What is your take on that to be specific?"

That body was resurrected.
People didn't believe this would happen just as they didn't believe he was God for he was a man. Didn't know they we're looking at God, didn't believe he was the son for they said after he being put on the cross "truly this was the son of God". Didn't believe the body rose and one took the position "unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
But once he did see him and touched him, he said "my Lord and My God".

So you have multiple groups on different sides witnessing from their own perspective shaping the testimony of all these books.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mall
Are you sufi or do you ascribe to sufism
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@WyIted
None. Thanks.
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@WyIted
1. Jesus is God
- What does this exactly mean if not "a contingent being is a non-contingent being"?

2. Jesus died and then rose from the dead
- Is this intended as a historical debate or a scriptural one?

3. Muhhamed was not real
- I don't know who that is. He probably wasn't real. The beloved Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is not not real. That would be an interesting debate!

- Are you taking Con? Understandable, since plenty of that in the Bible. Unless you wish to argue from some other non-Christian moral viewpoint.

5. The Quran is corrupted
- As in the letter of the Quran? Or as in 'morally'?

6. Islam is not a religion of peace
- Definitions must be specified adequately, then I am all for it. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Yassine
The intention Yassine is to the best of our ability to respect both the Quran and the bible as true for most of these debates or as much as we can. I was hoping mostly for debates that centered around exploring both books. Some of those debates do not fall into those categories but for the most part thinking of the challenges across those lines would help understand what I am after. I have seen some debates recently between Muslims and Christians where they are both quoting each othersbooks a lot and they seemed like they would be fun
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Yassine
Are you taking Con? Understandable, since plenty of that in the Bible. Unless you wish to argue from some other non-Christian moral viewpoint.
I can't think of any examples but I am sure some exist the bible has a lot of people in it that range from good to evil only a few moral exemplars such as your prophet exist in the bible.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@WyIted
The intention Yassine is to the best of our ability to respect both the Quran and the bible as true for most of these debates or as much as we can. I was hoping mostly for debates that centered around exploring both books. Some of those debates do not fall into those categories but for the most part thinking of the challenges across those lines would help understand what I am after. I have seen some debates recently between Muslims and Christians where they are both quoting each othersbooks a lot and they seemed like they would be fun
- Since neither of us takes the other's scripture as wholly true, the resolution must be prefaced with some reference; such as "According to the Bible/Quran...".  Still, "Jesus died then rose from the dead" is too ambiguous that is could fit the narrative in both scriptures. 

I can't think of any examples but I am sure some exist the bible has a lot of people in it that range from good to evil only a few moral exemplars such as your prophet exist in the bible.
- So you'd be arguing from a Christian/Biblical moral standard?

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Yassine
Since neither of us takes the other's scripture as wholly true, the resolution must be prefaced with some reference; such as "According to the Bible/Quran...". Still, "Jesus died then rose from the dead" is too ambiguous that is could fit the narrative in both scriptures. 
We might just have to practice for fun to see where things go

So you'd be arguing from a Christian/Biblical moral standard?
WWere going to try and convert each other in order to do that I need to use the Quran against the Quran and you i would leave the option to lean on the Quran or bible but you should probably be quoting the bible a lot. This can't happen for a few weeks anyway Yassine but I am open to a lot of different things and willing to argue devils advocate to make something work for both of ua
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@WyIted

1. Jesus is God
2. Jesus died and then rose from the dead
3. Muhammed was not real
5. The Quran is corrupted
6. Islam is not a religion of peace
- I'm game as long as rules & definitions are well established. I don't want this to fall into semantics. Which of these topics are we broaching first. I'm fine with doing all at the same time.

WWere going to try and convert each other in order to do that I need to use the Quran against the Quran and you i would leave the option to lean on the Quran or bible but you should probably be quoting the bible a lot. This can't happen for a few weeks anyway Yassine but I am open to a lot of different things and willing to argue devils advocate to make something work for both of ua
- This sounds like a mess. Details need to be specified. Maybe I'll open a thread to discuss the appropriate way to approach these topics. 

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Yassine
I'm game as long as rules & definitions are well established. I don't want this to fall into semantics. Which of these topics are we broaching first. I'm fine with doing all at the same time.
All at the same time?. Do you not have a job or something? Who can do that? 

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@WyIted
All at the same time?. Do you not have a job or something? Who can do that? 
- I'm self-employed. Arguments can be extended to two weeks each. There should also be a lot of overlap in subject matter between those topics. It's not that bad. Better to take our time though.