The Heroes of Olympus Mafia Endgame

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 72
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
MAFIA WINS

I was very disappointed in the town this game. It was really frustrating to watch as a mod. Mafia definitely had all the tools they needed to succeed, and they were effective in using them, so huge credit from them. Even after the first two day phases, town had a solid shot of winning the game, which I will explain in a little bit.

First, I would like to say that scum MVP is definitely Austin. He was clearly townread by practically everyone throughout the DPs. My only recollection of him being suspected was by Lunatic in DP1 for behavior. Other than that it was a pure town read in DP2 by everyone and a minor scum read via POE in DP3. He was great at analyzing the game and making sure that scum had as much information as possible. I think Wylted or someone rightfully mentioned that Austin was phishing for information quite early on. The research into the characters and theme was also great in the scum PM for Austin. Barney did a great job of compiling the information and providing his experience to create the most effective night action plan with Austin’s critical thinking and prioritization. Huge props to them.

I do not think there was a town MVP this game. Best Korea ironically made the right decision in investigating Wylted cause scum were going to visit him anyways. He could have used the 1x Tracker from Whiteflame in NP3, which is why I was saddened when town just moved to lynch DP3. VTNL is the best option, period. Even if Vader was going to be lynched the next day, more information always benefits town. It was surprising Whiteflame did not even think about this, which leads me to believe it was clearly a tunnel on Vader. Vader did not play optimally by immediately claiming 1x Cop. Even scum thought Vader was a full blown cop, which is why they tried to Actress him NP2. I was astonished that Vader was scum read even after claiming 1x Cop. You would have to assume that scum are ballsy or received a fake claim of a 1x Cop. If they did receive the fake claim of 1x Cop, why would they claim that instead of a full Cop, especially that early on. It doesn’t make sense at all. You would also have to assume that I am bastard and would give Cop as a fake claim. Not only that, you would have to assume that I gave Rachel and a character justification to scum as well.

That is just one part of the puzzle. I was also disappointed that Town did not lynch Greyparrot DP1. He claimed third party and would have no chance to win. Lynching JoeBob over him was a mistake. The role fit perfectly with Nico’s character. He was the only one to know the existence of the two camps besides the gods. The Romans even called him the ambassador of Pluto. He is the one that gathered all the information and gave it to the seven members with respect to the Doors of Death. You would also have to assume that JoeBob or his scum partner thought of that claim or it was hand given. Either way, even though JoeBob was lynched, it was fine. Even after Greyparrot was lynched optimally DP2, it was fine. DP3, every town member should be ashamed of themselves.

Barney literally claimed Bodyguard as Percy Jackson. Fine, since that was the fake claim I gave knowing that the Lightning Rod is similar to that. Austin claimed Ascetic as Annabeth, which is a massive red flag. There is nothing remotely even close character wise that justifies her being an Ascetic. Not being able to be targeted by non-lethal roles has no connection to anything Annabeth does. The second item that Wylted rightfully picked up was that Barney didn’t say his action failed when he visited the Ascetic. This is a massive scum slip that just seemed to disappear, which frankly was astonishing. Wylted said for some reason that Austin and Barney cannot both be scum for some odd reason which made zero sense. If anyone should have been lynched, it should have been Barney. I was surprised that Whiteflame did not say anything about this--he is the most detailed focus person I have played with. That’s another reason why I think there was some tunneling from him. Even after everyone claimed, there was also no thematic analysis done.

With the remaining players: Hazel, Leo, Reyna, Rachel, Percy, and Annabeth, what was the distinction? A simple analysis would see that Percy and Annabeth are the odd ones out especially since Hazel and Leo were practically town. And that in fact was the theme: the only members of the Seven to go to Tarturus and come out alive. Barney should have been the lynch DP3; Barney was ready to bus himself in the mafia PM after that mistake. With Barney gone, the Mafia JOAT was finished and Best Korea could use the Tracker on Austin or anyone else. It would still be some information. Long story short, the Vader lynch was atrocious from a thematic perspective, a mod psyche perspective, and from a role perspective. Of course that isn’t to say scum played nearly perfectly, but as I told Lunatic, I think the game may have been a little scum-sided.

Regardless, it was great that everyone contributed, and I hope you all learned someone new and are now interested in reading the series. That’s all I have for now. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
You played a very good game as scum. I was town reading you on DP2 until it came down to POE in DP3 and even by then, I was more confident that Wylted was an Electrician and there wasn't a solid read on him versus you, so I think you did a very good job.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Fixed the title to say endgame by the way
JoeBob
JoeBob
gg 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
TOWN/TP

Vader - Rachel Elizabeth Dare - “Child of Lightning, beware the earth, The giants' revenge, the seven shall birth, The forge and dove shall break the cage, And death unleash through Hera's rage.” Hosting the spirit of the Oracle of Delphi, you are the catalyst for the first quest that takes place in The Heroes of Olympus series. The prophecy that you issued eventually leads to discovery of Camp Jupiter, which no one knew existed. Without your prophecy, the heroes could not embark on their quest and learn more about the Giants. In fact, you are the one person at Camp Half-Blood that is not a half-blood. With your powers, you can get and give clues about what will happen on the quest. Thus, you are the 1x Cop. One night, you may choose to investigate a player.  You will learn their affiliation. You win with the Town.

Lunatic - Piper McLean - You are the daughter of Aphrodite. With that, you were blessed with the power to charmspeak. This means that you can magically convince people to do whatever you want them to. In fact, you once got a car for free by doing this. Clearly this is an asset to the team, but you still think you are the weakest of the seven heroes. This is clearly not true. Your weapon of choice (a knife called Katoptris) literally helped cut off the horn of a river god to create a cornucopia. This same item eventually helped you and the others to gain access to the lair of Otis and Ephialtes. Because of your charmspeak and ability to carry your own load when needed, you are the Loved - You require one extra vote to be eliminated than would otherwise normally be needed to achieve majority. This effect disappears at MYLO and LYLO. You win with the Town.

Earth - Jason Grace - You are the younger brother of Hunter of Artemis Thalia Grace. As a measure to placate Hera/Juno, Zeus/Jupiter gave you up to her. Eventually, you found your way to Camp Jupiter and defeated the Titan Krios to topple Mount Othrys, the Titan HQ in the west. Made, Praetor of the Twelfth Legion Fulminata. You play a key role in the peacemaking process between the Roman and Greek camps--a plan of Hera/Juno to bring the gods and demigods together to fight the Giants. As the son of Jupiter, you take the natural burden of leadership, which at some points becomes too much for you, yet you still take on that burden from the others. Sometimes, leaders have to make sacrifices for their comrades. Thus, you are the Lightning Rod. Each night, you may target a player. Any night actions directed at that target will be redirected to you the Lightning Rod. You win with the Town.

Wylted - Reyna Ramirez-Arellano - You are an important character to the plot of the entire series as the second Praetor of the Twelfth Legion. Unfortunately, your love life is extremely complicated. One of your crushes disappeared and the other is possibly an enemy. Both do not like you though. In fact, when you are in Charleston, Venus talked to you and mentioned that your love interests will never pan out. As the de facto head of the Romans at Camp Jupiter, you play a major part in trying to keep the Greeks and Romans from fighting for as long as possible. You can only imagine a life with the people you like, but can never be with them sadly. Thus, you are a Dreamer. Each night that you are not visited, you will receive a list of three players. At least one of those players will be Mafia. You win with the Town.

Best Korea - Hazel Levesque - Your character arc is one of the most interesting in  the entire series. You are actually an escaped soul from the Fields of Asphodel. You could have gone to Elysium, but you wanted to protect your mother, so you sacrificed that opportunity for her. At the beginning, you are cursed: at times, random valuable metals will pop out of the ground. Any one who picks it up and uses it would face a terrible tragedy. Only you can safely touch the metal; this is the curse you have to deal with as the daughter of Pluto. Thus, you are the Millionaire. After you die, you may choose to write and publish a "last will" (a post-death message that may contain any theories or information they wish to share). If you had any items at the time of your death, you may also choose to bequeath these. You win with the Town.

Greyparrot - Octavian - To begin, you are a jerk. You try to manipulate people into supporting you for the praetorship. On top of that, you are basically a war monger in support of killing the Greeks before they even did anything. As the Augur for Camp Jupiter, you mutilate teddy bears to get omens from the gods. As the son of Apollo, this is the perfect position for you, but you are hungry for more power. You play right into Gaea’s plans of wanting a civil war between the gods. This plan almost succeeds but fails because you prevent the demise of Camp Half-Blood by sacrificing yourself. Because you are the augur, you are the Prophet. On NP1, you must predict on which game day the game will end (DP2, NP2, etc). You win if you correctly predict this and thus win as a Third-Party. You may win with other affiliations to achieve your win-con if needed.

Fake Claim: Frank Zhang
Fake Role: Soldier

JoeBob - Nico di Angelo - “Twins snuff out the angel's breath, Who holds the key to endless death.” You are one of the few people in the series that knows the existence of Camp Jupiter. It was your father Hades who told you about this; consequently, you present yourself as the Ambassador to Pluto to the Romans. To help the seven, you tried to locate the Doors of Death that allowed defeated souls to enter the living world again. Unfortunately, you were captured by Gaea’s forces in the process and held hostage by the Giants Otis and Ephialtes in The Mark of Athena. Because you were the first to learn about the other camp and an ambassador to Pluto, you are the Emissary. Each night, I will give you reliable information towards the identity of one town-aligned player in the game. You win with the Town.

Information Given Each Night (Jason):
1) The town member is the child of one of the Big Three gods.

2) The town member is a Praetor of the Twelfth Legion Fulminata.

3) The town member has visited Charleston, SC more than once.

Whiteflame - Leo Valdez - The seventh wheel and outsider is what you were called. At least until you got together with Calypso. As the son of Hephaestus, you are extremely good with your hands. Not only that, you can summon fire using your hands, which can be extremely dangerous. You pretty much caused the civil war between the demigods by firing on Rome. It is not technically your fault though since you were possessed, but still, some call you crazy. Thus, you are the Mad Inventor. Each night, may give out one of your inventions to another player in the game that they can use the following night (ex: if you give them something NP1, they will be notified NP2 that they have the item to be used). You have the following inventions but you do not know what they do: Festus, Argo II, Archimedes’ Sphere, Buford the Table. You win with the Town.

Festus - 1x Tracker
Argo II - 1x Cop
Archimedes’ Sphere - 1x Doctor
Buford the Table - 1x Watcher

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I mean that is a solid mafia team but I still cant believe you guys didnt lynch barney their with results literally indicating he was scum 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
But GG, I am not sure I would have won this one either, austin barney is a solid scum team. And it was way to easy to get turned on to inactives here. "An active mafia will eat itself in the face of an inactive town" 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
MAFIA

Barney - Percy Jackson - “To the north, beyond the gods, lies the legion's crown. Falling from ice, the son of Neptune shall drown.” This part leads you to think you would drown, even though you are the son of the god of seas. As it turns out, there must have been more to it as you survive the fight with Alcoyneus and the fallen Roman legion that Michael Varus took in the 1980s to Alaska. You have so many ways of fighting, its ridiculous. You have the Greek way with Riptide, you can fight horseback on Blackjack, you can drown people. You can even convince a god that dislikes you (Terminus) to help you defeat a giant. Thus, you are the Mafia JOAT: 1x Rolecop, 1x Lookout, 1x Scout, 1x Lawyer, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Redirector, 1x Bus Driver, 1x Strongman, 1x Ninja. You may use one of those actions each night. You win with the Mafia.

Austin - Annabeth Chase - “Wisdom's daughter walks alone, The Mark of Athena burns through Rome.” As the daughter of Athena, you faced the most grueling path in the entire book series. You were tasked with something other children of Athena had failed at for years: retrieving the Athena Parthenos. Nevertheless you pressed on, using your acting skills to fool the Roman spirits in the first underground chamber. You also fooled Arachne into building a Chinese finger trap, which trapped the spider and uncovered the Athena Parthenos at the same time. Clearly, as the daughter of the wisdom goddess, you are great at manipulating people. Thus, you are the Actress. Each night, you may target a player and learn their role. In addition to learning their role, you will also appear as the targeted player's role upon death. You win with the Mafia.

Fake Role: Bodyguard

——————————————

NIGHT ACTIONS:

NP1:

Barney - Lawyer Barney
Austin - Actress Whiteflame & NK Lunatic

Vader - Investigate Whiteflame
Whiteflame - Give Argo II (1x Cop) to BestKorea
Earth - Lightning Rod Wylted

NP2:

Barney - Bus Drive Austin & Wylted
Austin - Actress Vader and NK Earth

Whiteflame - Give Festus (1x Tracker) to Best Korea
Earth - Lightning Rod Vader
Best Korea - Investigate Wylted

Vader
Vader
In hindsight, I should not have outted to cop results in DP2 right away. I was in a rush to get results since my mom was in town and didn't think twice about it at the end of the day and felt it was just better to be honest. I even acknowledged that in DP2. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Fixed the title to say endgame by the way
Thanks 
JoeBob
JoeBob
I was also disappointed that Town did not lynch Greyparrot DP1. 
THANK YOU. These past two games has been so fucking annoying with KNOWN SCUM staying alive for DAYS, when we know sure as hell they don’t need to be alive.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Barney
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
Endgame is up
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Greyparrot
Why did you out yourself as 3rd party anyways?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@JoeBob
Endgame is up
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
Why did you out yourself as 3rd party anyways?
It’s his meta to out his role except when he’s mafia lol
Vader
Vader
I gave up because it was pointless to try and convince the entire town that I was town, as it was essentially known I was gonna be lynch at some point no matter what. Even so, I am going to defend how I behaviorally played this game because I still think if Whiteflame wasn't a confirmed town, he would've been top of my scum list because of how unusually tunnel vision he was. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
Yea but won’t that hurt in the long run? If he’s mafia he has to stick with that fake claim for several days, most likely exposing him somehow.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Rip town
Vader
Vader
-->
@JoeBob
Yea but won’t that hurt in the long run? If he’s mafia he has to stick with that fake claim for several days, most likely exposing him somehow.
100%. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
Not really. Fake claims are safe. When I was scum with him, we just had him claim Vanilla and his true character. In a role madness game, idk what we’d do
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
Hold on who was second scum
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
I gave up because it was pointless to try and convince the entire town that I was town, as it was essentially known I was gonna be lynch at some point no matter what. Even so, I am going to defend how I behaviorally played this game because I still think if Whiteflame wasn't a confirmed town, he would've been top of my scum list because of how unusually tunnel vision he was. 
The tunnel vision isn’t affiliation indicative in itself. It’s mainly just confirmation bias
Vader
Vader
-->
@WyIted
Barney and Austin
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Barney and Austin
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
You played great, as I never would have thought you were scum.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
The tunnel vision isn’t affiliation indicative in itself. It’s mainly just confirmation bias
Hindsight yes. But even if there is a strong read on someone I feel like at a MYLO you have to do more than just tunnel vision one person. You have to genuinely think critically which is what I tried to do until I realized there's no point lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Hindsight yes. But even if there is a strong read on someone I feel like at a MYLO you have to do more than just tunnel vision one person. You have to genuinely think critically which is what I tried to do until I realized there's no point lol
Yes you do. The tunnel harms the ability to see critical information like the Barney slip, but it still isn’t affiliation indicative 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Vader
I didn't think barney would fuck up like that if he already knew what austin was fake claiming
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I was surprised that Whiteflame did not say anything about this--he is the most detailed focus person I have played with. That’s another reason why I think there was some tunneling from him. Even after everyone claimed, there was also no thematic analysis done.
It’s not so much that I didn’t notice it, I actually did mention the issue (that BG wouldn’t work on Ascetic). Honestly, if I hadn’t been through the previous game with Austin, I would have almost certainly shifted to Barney on the weight of that alone. It’s actually something he said in that game as mod - that he wouldn’t inform someone who wasn’t a non-informative role that their role had failed - that made me discount it. That was a mistake because he’s the only mod I’ve seen do that, but that’s where my mind was at.

I definitely focused too much on Vader through DP3, which was an error on my part. Honestly, just the weirdness of how a Lightning Rod and BG would interact should’ve tipped me off.

And yeah, I found myself a bit lost on the theme in the end. Should’ve reconsidered that.
WyIted
WyIted
The barney slip really fucked me up had I not thought it cleared either barney or Austin I would have made a better decision. I just thought that type of slip was beneath barney if he literally knew what his partner was claiming