The Heroes of Olympus Mafia Endgame

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 72
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Appreciate that. Honestly, haven’t had many opportunities to function in the capacity of someone who is widely townread trying to lead a lynch. Clearly still have work to do on that front.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
The problem is Barney hard-slipping by missing BK's fullclaim is also akin to what Barney as Town replacement did the game before hosted by Austin. It's a dangerous issue that his scumslips can be townread and part of the problem playing on a site this casual. Austin didn't towntell at all and wasn't brutally pressed for a claim for reasons I can't comprehend. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Appreciate that. Honestly, haven’t had many opportunities to function in the capacity of someone who is widely townread trying to lead a lynch. Clearly still have work to do on that front.
Fair point. It's definitely daunting to do so, and you won't always be right when trying to lead a lynch. It also doesn't help that mafia goes dead than alive in spurts, so it's hard to get practice 

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Just some personal notes about theme and setup:

-The themesplit is way too difficult imo. With such a huge amount of thematic information (it's five books of lore, for god's sake), a themesplit shouldn't be that obscure. I actually considered the "survived Tartarus" themesplit, but dismissed it because Nico di Angelo also survives Tartarus. Making it "of the Seven" is kinda arbitrary.

-Setup was slightly scumsided, but I don't really think the night actions ended up affecting the final result much. Great job on Pie for designing a role madness setup without an incredible amount of swing - I know from experience that it's not easy.

-Most of the justifications made sense. The only one I still don't get is Rachel - how does that have to do with her determining alignment?

-Random thought: Switching around Reyna and Rachel for the roles might have worked better.

-I'm going to defend my ascetic claim. The idea of claiming ascetic thematically is to emphasize that I can't be protected, I can't be given items, etc. IMO, this fits well with Annabeth's decision to go to the quest alone.

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
I thought you played fairly well up to DP2, but for DP3, it was really a moment to take a look at the big picture and consider some alternatives. I probably would've tunneled Vader in your shoes as well, but not pressing Barney's slip was unfortunate and somewhat avoidable.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
The themesplit is way too difficult imo. With such a huge amount of thematic information (it's five books of lore, for god's sake), a themesplit shouldn't be that obscure. I actually considered the "survived Tartarus" themesplit, but dismissed it because Nico di Angelo also survives Tartarus. Making it "of the Seven" is kinda arbitrary
I agree. It was pretty hard to find, and on top of him surviving Tartarus in the third book, I would be very much suprised if anyone would have got that.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
IMO, this fits well with Annabeth's decision to go to the quest alone.
I disagree with this part. She didn’t chose to go alone, she HAD to go alone, only children of Athena could find it, and Percy is a son of Poseidon. But I can partly see where you are coming from.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Just some personal notes about theme and setup:

-The themesplit is way too difficult imo. With such a huge amount of thematic information (it's five books of lore, for god's sake), a themesplit shouldn't be that obscure. I actually considered the "survived Tartarus" themesplit, but dismissed it because Nico di Angelo also survives Tartarus. Making it "of the Seven" is kinda arbitrary.
Ya my themes are generally hard to figure out initially. There are probably dozens of combos with Percy and Annabeth being scum. Like Day 1 partners, etc.

-Setup was slightly scumsided, but I don't really think the night actions ended up affecting the final result much. Great job on Pie for designing a role madness setup without an incredible amount of swing - I know from experience that it's not easy.
I agree and I told Lunstic that too

-Most of the justifications made sense. The only one I still don't get is Rachel - how does that have to do with her determining alignment?
My thought process was basically in the PM.

-Random thought: Switching around Reyna and Rachel for the roles might have worked better.
In hindsight I agree

-I'm going to defend my ascetic claim. The idea of claiming ascetic thematically is to emphasize that I can't be protected, I can't be given items, etc. IMO, this fits well with Annabeth's decision to go to the quest alone.
Ya but lethality plays a key part. Also it’s not accurate that she didn’t have items when she went alone on her quest. She had Daedalus’ laptop, matches, the coin, and a dagger.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
I agree. It was pretty hard to find, and on top of him surviving Tartarus in the third book, I would be very much suprised if anyone would have got that.
It’s hard to come up with a theme that’s too easy or too hard. I figured there were so many themes centered around Percy and Annabeth that even a hard one would be figured out
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
I disagree with this part. She didn’t chose to go alone, she HAD to go alone, only children of Athena could find it, and Percy is a son of Poseidon. But I can partly see where you are coming from.
Ya only children of Athena could recover the Athena Parthenos. For generations Athena’s children had failed.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
True
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
The problem is Barney hard-slipping by missing BK's fullclaim
I’ve played in a few games where we’d sequentially pressure people for claims. It looked to me like what was happening, and it was such a small inconsequential matter that I did not cross reference.

It of course wasn’t a scum master plan to mislynch anyone, rather it was a normal town start of day activity.

akin to what Barney as Town replacement did the game before hosted by Austin
Thank you.

Austin didn't towntell at all and wasn't brutally pressed for a claim for reasons I can't comprehend.
I suspect town being so hard on Vader and I for attempting that tactic (yes, with a silly fumble), strongly contributed to this in a feedback loop. Heck, even in the final day (hell, even in this endgame) it was viewed as scummy that anyone would pressure anyone else for claims.