What is your favorite video game?

Author: JoeBob

Total: 9
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
What is your favorite video game and why? 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Big fan of how the story was told through much of the game with the time loop setup. Each interaction with NPCs felt novel and interesting in a way I'd never seen before, particularly as their stories developed. The gameplay was among the best in Zelda in general (until the most recent games) as it utilized a wide assortment of masks that could sometimes make for big differences in playstyle. I also just generally loved the gravity the villain displayed. We've gotten so used to Ganon over these games, but Majora could be legitimately scary at times, almost like a force of nature. And some of the scenes with the Happy Mask Salesman lives rent free in my brain.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
It's a tossup between TF2 and minecraft. The reason is that both games are really good to "hang out" in. Your Minecraft world is inherently cool and it's nice to just sit and take in the scenery while the characters in TF2 make it a really fun environment. 
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I'm surprised by how high-quality Minecraft feels with how simple the mechanics are compared to other games. Half of it was coded by one person and it's still the highest selling game of all time.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@JoeBob
I know you asked for one, but I dont have just one.

My favorite offline video games are:

1. Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines

I mentioned this one before, but I do hold view that it is one of the most perfect games ever made, as you get many guns to use, many types of weapons, you can even complete the game with fists alone. Then there are vampire powers which are just great to observe, and the game itself has what I consider to be a very interesting story.

2. Fable the lost chapters

Pretty much the best game in Fable series, and almost anyone who plays it thinks its good, despite being an old game.

3. Age of mythology

A strategy game with soldiers, beasts, dragons, creatures, titans.... not many strategy games can beat that.

4. Star Wars Jedi Academy

An old game with beautiful lightsaber combat.

5. Dishonored

I like the combat system in this game, and powers too are somewhat good

6. Star wars battlefront 2

I only played the old battlefront 2, but the new version which came out with improved graphics is probably good too.

7. Classical games such as Spiderman, Batman...

I really liked a lot of these games, even tho I kinda forgot how they are originally called.

As for online games, I would say:

1. Smite

The game which balances out tactics with action combat, plus many characters in the game with different powers. So I have spent 300 hours in this game, according to Steam. Its a free to play game, and you can even unlock any God you want for free, as you obtain favor by playing games and you can either get God by using 5500 favor, which is bad option, as you can instead rent a God for 3 days using 300 favor, which is much better as renting lets you play with any God you want very quickly. Just after you had your fun with one God and earned 300 or more favor, then rent another using 300 favor and play with him until you earn another 300 favor, which is just few games usually. Plus the game itself gives you free favor every day, and you get lots of favor by just leveling up your profile or completing tutorial. Its one of those online games which is truly free to play.

2. League of legends

Somewhat inferior to Smite in graphics, but similar in gameplay and I would say fun to play even tho I am not playing it right now, as I just have Smite installed.

3. Vampire - Bloodhunt

Its one of those battle royale games, but sadly I dont meet minimum requirements to play it on PC, however it seems very good.

4. Yugioh dueling nexus

I like to play yugioh sometimes, and dueling nexus is basically a site for quick online duels.

As for smartphone games,

1. Eternal Senia

A very simple game which is role playing game but also action as you have to react and press buttons quickly.

As for PS1, PS2, PS3...games

I would say games like God of War, Final Fantasy, as they seem great on emulators.

As for nintendo...

Games like Yugioh world championship 2011 are some I played. I never had nintendo, but I did use emulator to play games from nintendo.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Big fan of how the story was told through much of the game with the time loop setup. Each interaction with NPCs felt novel and interesting in a way I'd never seen before, particularly as their stories developed. The gameplay was among the best in Zelda in general (until the most recent games) as it utilized a wide assortment of masks that could sometimes make for big differences in playstyle. I also just generally loved the gravity the villain displayed. We've gotten so used to Ganon over these games, but Majora could be legitimately scary at times, almost like a force of nature. And some of the scenes with the Happy Mask Salesman lives rent free in my brain.
Ocarina of Time >
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Ocarina of Time >
Love that game too, but I disagree.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Love that game too, but I disagree.
Hahah I know. I loved Stone Tower in MM though. Great music. Great concept, etc

8 days later

RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
-->
@JoeBob
When I was a kid I remember Pong, and those old games. Atari, Coleco Vision, then Nintendo. I got into Sega Saturn for a while. Lots of games, you either remember or not. I'm not much of a gamer, though I did become sort of addicted to the PS2. Only God of War and Grand Theft Auto. Vice City and San Andreas were like home away from home for me. I like the artwork and sort of quasi-adventure. I have a PS3 now. And still the same franchises. But they have become so real and complicated I don't play as much as I did with the PS2. So, yeah. I'm old. Not much of a gamer.