Invincible Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 689
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
Barney cuz he is much mote aggressive than last game, when he was scum. BK seems to be going from person to person, seeing if they can get them out.

This is based off of what I saw, may have missed something.
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
My character is basically just grown version of powerpuff blossom.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, Atom Eve is another major character, so another example of a ballsy claim if it is fake. I’m honestly not sure what the associated role would be, so I don’t get how BK thought it was obvious. Will need to think on this one.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
I think I disagree with this a little. Lynching is town’s greatest power. With a 7-2 split we can lynch 3 times on our terms. If we no lynch, then we can only lynch 2 times. POE is our greatest friend and we need to get the scum pool smaller on our terms.
I acutally agree, but I think there are methods than trying start popcorn claiming to give scum info. I think lynching is how town win,  but it's important to look at behavioral POE's in DP1 rather than mass claiming
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Alright, Atom Eve is another major character, so another example of a ballsy claim if it is fake. I’m honestly not sure what the associated role would be, so I don’t get how BK thought it was obvious. Will need to think on this one.
It is a major character claim and unless it's CC'd, I have to hold Pie to the same standard. But at the same time this one I'm less sure about than the others. This time there are a multitude of claims out there and no role claim as well (not that I'm asking for one). 

I would say that we'd have to throw him from top scum read to lean scum, but something seems off. The hesitance to actually claim Atom Eve itself, etc.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Now lets lynch Barney for a role claim!
Vader
Vader
hold BK to the same standard as Pie
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vader
It is a major character claim and unless it's CC'd,
No one is going to counter claim it, as I doubt scum would cc in dp1 anyway.

Maybe if it was 1 lynch away from loss, scum would risk and cc town, but as it stands, its dp1.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Vader
Maybe it's because I've never played this version before, but I'm not sure how reliable behavioral reads are. Scum could just do whatever they would do if they were town, and suddenly behavioral reads are useless. Getting some amount of information is the only way to catch them in a lie. Maybe we're giving scum information, but we're getting information too. Town needs information to kill scum, scum doesn't need information to kill town. Plus scum already knows the theme and has some idea about how fake claims correlate to characters, so someone giving their role is more useful to us than to them.

If I understand the rules correctly, information is only useful to scum if we're forcing them to claim. So not having to claim is the best possible scenario for scum, since we never actually get the opportunity to catch them in a lie. Maybe not everyone should claim on D1, but a good chunk of claims so far have helped us narrow down the pool of likely scum so far.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
You wanted to get a claim from Barney or Austin maybe?

We cant have no lynch right now, so you guys better discuss who to vote next, as we cant progress the game otherwise.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
At this point, I have even less reason to pursue more claims. We’re at 3 effectively full claims (JoeBob, Pie and GP), 1 character claim (you) and 1 soft claim (Barney). If you’re calling for more, you might as well just call for a mass claim at this point because we’re crossing the halfway point and that’s already too much information.

So, no, I’m not putting a vote on either Barney or Austin.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
I believe Vader, whiteflame, Barney, Austin, and I are the only ones not to have revealed information about ourselves (I'll check posts again, but that's what I remember from reading through). But I've already said that I can confirm my role, so it's in town's best interest to lynch Vader, whiteflame, Barney, or Austin today. Even if I'm wrong, and someone like Best.Korea is scum, the fact that BK has claimed something makes it easier to catch them in a lie later on, without revealing more information. Whereas I don't think we're likely to learn more about Vader, whiteflame, Barney, or Austin than we know already. Of course, if someone had claimed and been caught in a lie, we should lynch them, but anyone who claims a major role on D1 without a cc shouldn't be lynched on D1.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Savant
In some other situation, where there are bunch of vanilla, we would just lynch the first vanilla we find and hope it is scum, and make no further claims.

But this setup is different, as all roles seem to be very confirmable so far, so our only hope to catch scum is to lynch non-confirmable or least confirmable roles.

Sure, we could rely on cc or character info too, but even for that, we need claims.

As it stands, we have no lynch so far, and we cant end with no lynch since we are -1 lynch if we do that.

Town has limited amount of lynches, and I dont see why we would reduce our lynch count further.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Best.Korea
Hence why I'm suggesting we lynch based on the information that has already been revealed. We already have an above average number of claims for D1, and I think that reduces the scum pool a bit.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
Fine, I am atom eve.
What’s your role. Character means nothing according to you 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Let me just give you the math so you know our odds.

Right now, its 2/9.

If we mislynch, its 2/7

If we mislynch again, its 2/5 odds.

So if we lynch, town has over 50% chance to get scum.

Its good enough odds, but if we do no lynch, we reduce our odds because we lose 1 lynch.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
Just to avoid any further mess and move this forward, I am a doctor because I make shields to protect people.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
Now let’s lynch Barney for a role claim!
Let’s get a role claim from you first 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL Austin
Vader
Vader
-->
@Savant
I believe Vader, whiteflame, Barney, Austin, and I are the only ones not to have revealed information about ourselves (I'll check posts again, but that's what I remember from reading through). But I've already said that I can confirm my role, so it's in town's best interest to lynch Vader, whiteflame, Barney, or Austin today. Even if I'm wrong, and someone like Best.Korea is scum, the fact that BK has claimed something makes it easier to catch them in a lie later on, without revealing more information. Whereas I don't think we're likely to learn more about Vader, whiteflame, Barney, or Austin than we know already. Of course, if someone had claimed and been caught in a lie, we should lynch them, but anyone who claims a major role on D1 without a cc shouldn't be lynched on D1.
I think this is a fair argument but I would have to disagree. If there are countless behavioral reads but they have a "role," then I think we shouldn't rule them out
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
I'm down to vote Austin. Accusing someone who claimed the literal MC makes him the most sus so far.

VTL AustinL0926
Savant
Savant
-->
@Vader
Maybe. But I don't think we have countless behavioral reads yet, and Austin is the most suspicious based on behavior anyway.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I agree to get a claim from Austin, I just need to check number of votes on him to avoid accidental lynch before he claims.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I’ll be driving over the next couple of hours, so I’ll think about it for now.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
1. savant
2. Whiteflame
3. Joebob - ??? - ???(Town)
4. ILikePie5 - Mark Grayson - X/Odd/Even Night/ Commuter
5. AustinL0926
6. Supadudz
7. Greyparrot - Dupli Kate - Prober
8. Barney
9. best.korea - Atom Eve - Doctor

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
Okay, it seems that there are 3 votes on you now, so I think you should claim.

VTL Austin
JoeBob
JoeBob
I’m down to lynch Austin. Just realized that he is a good choice. I won’t vote yet however.
Vader
Vader
I am personally not a huge fan of getting more claims at this point in time, I am going to put my vote on who I think we should lynch, not who we should pressure into getting more claims 

I think Barney or Austin should be the lynch right now. My vote is on Barney because of my analysis on the role descriptions and him being the only outlier at this point in time. Austin, by his own accord, "is being much more aggressive." Granted this is because he is trying to make a change, but in this stage I'm not sure how much I buy it. The quick switch of saying he was a character with 10k+ then saying he's less is a bit odd

VTL Barney
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Austin- 3/5- iLikePie5, savant, Best.korea
iLikePie5- 1/5-  Austin
Vader- 1/5- GP
Best.Korea- 1/5- Barney
Barney- 1/5- Vader

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Lol 3 votes in 6 minutes from Pie, Savant, BK. I guarantee that at least two of them are scum, probably Pie + Savant/BK. Y'all are accusing the wagon on Pie of forming too quickly and then you go and pull this.