Gender identity crisis.

Author: Mall

Total: 160
Mall
Debates: 340
Mall
How do you solve the gender identity crisis problem so that people born physically as they are will identify as that?

It is a disorder is that correct?

You feeling to identify opposite than what you physically are. Some haywire cross wire in the genetic code .

How do we fix this to avoid the dysphoria cases?
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
I dont care how people identify.

Usually, if you want for your society to fail, just focus on irrelevant issues and pretend that they are not irrelevant.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

The human brain consists of 100 billion neurons and over 100 trillion synaptic connections. There are more neurons in a single human brain than stars in the milky way! During development, neurons navigate this complex cellular environment and assemble into functional circuits. How could anything go wrong?
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@FLRW
Isn’t there like 300 billion stars in the Milky Way?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
There is no fixing without understanding. This doesn't happen much but FLRW's post is spot on. We're in the dark ages in terms of mental/brain medicine. We can accept that and work to the day when we understand or we can bring out the leeches and start talking about humors.

There are some things we know are not a fix, and firmly within that category is any denial of reality. If somebody feels better because they're wearing an earing or got breast implants, good for them; but if they start to say things like "that piece of silicone makes me a nursing mother" or "that piece of gold makes me a god" there is a problem.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Mall
I’m more worried about Jewish students on campuses who think they’re Hamas. 
FLRW
FLRW

See,ADOL is smart.
Amber
Amber
-->
@Mall
How do you solve the gender identity crisis problem so that people born physically as they are will identify as that?
First, by making it socially, legally, and culturally completely unacceptable. In other words, ZERO tolerance policy.
Second, Reverse the social contagion that is now by reversing the pandering and kowtowing to their delusional dysphoria. 
Third, and most importantly, psychiatric care. 

It is a disorder is that correct?
Yes, a mental disorder. 

A diagnosis for gender dysphoria is included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association.

You feeling to identify opposite than what you physically are. Some haywire cross wire in the genetic code .
Emotional discomfort is all it is. People as of late are simply emotionally (psychologically) damaged. Most leaning towards the alphabet soup (namely trans, nonbinary, etc.) have been emotionally damaged. Mental and/or physical abuse. Sexual abuse. Torment of some kind. They feel despondent. Detached. Peers aren't understanding, so they find a group that would and that group is part of the alphabet soup with open arms to corrupt a new member into believing a fake reality because none of them can accept the real word (reality). 

Make parents actually parent and provide emotional stability to their kids. 
Get back to teaching the basics like in scouts: camping, starting a fire, living off the land, firearm (hunting) training.
Make sports competitive as well as education vs everyone getting a damn participation trophy. 
Kids need to learn success as well as failure and learn from the latter, not cry about it and seek other losers who cry when they lose and create alternate realities (alphabet soup) to make themselves feel better. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@Amber

You are a strong man Amber ;)
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
I dont care how people identify.
I am at a loss to understand why anybody gives a damn and am truly mystified by how many people get all bunged up about it. 

What are we talking, like .5% of the population, one out of  every 200 people or so?  I'm just glad it's not something I need to deal with, but to each their own, it's certainly not my business.  

These people that make it their business and rant and rave, there must be something important missing from their own lives that makes them want to fill it with anger at people they don't know or understand.  This doesn't have anything to do with them, I suspect they focus on other people's problems to distract them from thier own. 

I think they've got their own kind of dysphoria going on, it's an identity dysphoria. 

We get it, you are angry people, but pretending that your anger comes from other people's lives is nonsense, it's your own life that made you an angry person, don't try to lay it off on other people, nobody is buying it.

How about you guys deal with you own shit and leave these people alone.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Teach kids nonsense and they will grow up believing in nonsense.

So a simple solution...Teach kids common sense.

Too late perhaps.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
how exactly is this considered a "crisis" ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Sidewalker
I am at a loss to understand why anybody gives a damn and am truly mystified by how many people get all bunged up about it. 
same with gay marriage

if it's not happening to you personally, it's none of your business
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@zedvictor4
While I agree with your sentiment, I've always found the term common sense to be a contradiction in terms.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Amber
First, by making it socially, legally, and culturally completely unacceptable. In other words, ZERO tolerance policy.
so, no women wearing men's clothing ?

no women doing men's jobs ?

this is a very interesting idea

please tell me more
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Amber
Emotional discomfort is all it is. People as of late are simply emotionally (psychologically) damaged. Most leaning towards the alphabet soup (namely trans, nonbinary, etc.) have been emotionally damaged. Mental and/or physical abuse. Sexual abuse. Torment of some kind. They feel despondent. Detached. Peers aren't understanding, so they find a group that would and that group is part of the alphabet soup with open arms to corrupt a new member into believing a fake reality because none of them can accept the real word (reality). 

let's make psychological damage illegal

that will fix everything
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Amber
Make parents actually parent and provide emotional stability to their kids. 
Get back to teaching the basics like in scouts: camping, starting a fire, living off the land, firearm (hunting) training.
Make sports competitive as well as education vs everyone getting a damn participation trophy. 
Kids need to learn success as well as failure and learn from the latter, not cry about it and seek other losers who cry when they lose and create alternate realities (alphabet soup) to make themselves feel better. 

this is a genius plan

how do we enforce it ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
but if they start to say things like "that piece of silicone makes me a nursing mother" or "that piece of gold makes me a god" there is a problem.
how, how is this a serious problem ?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@3RU7AL
this is a genius plan

how do we enforce it ?
Thats the difference between goal and a plan.

Most people are capable of spending days thinking of all kinds of goals and end results, all kinds of perfect outcomes, spend all days saying what should be achieved.

However, when it comes to actually achieving those goals, thats where they fail badly, because having a goal is one thing, but the process it takes to achieve it is a completely different thing.

So while Amber has goals, he has no way to achieve them, because his thinking is practically the same thinking people had before. It didnt work, as sending trans kids to "learn how to live off the land" wont make them any less trans, and I dont even see how would it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@3RU7AL
but if they start to say things like "that piece of silicone makes me a nursing mother" or "that piece of gold makes me a god" there is a problem.
I have claimed to be God many times on this site, and I guess some people get triggered easily, so its a problem for some people.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
The purpose of the brain is to identify reality and choose a course of action that reshapes it to ideals chosen by the brain... or at least that is the purpose of a sapient brain.

When it can't identify reality, there is no chance for the rest.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
When it can't identify reality, there is no chance for the rest.
so i guess you think christians are a serious problem
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
Faith is a problem, one not to dissimilar though since very few people would invent and believe in a religion if they didn't have hundreds to millions of people telling them it's true and validating their unfounded beliefs.

A cursory look at human history shows that we are capable of mass and individual delusion of staggering inaccuracy.

If I was a therapists (which I would not be) focused on the mental health of a single person I would say individual delusion is a problem. As a commenter on society in general, converting individual delusions into cult movements is a much bigger problem since very few people are equipped to resist peer pressure much less peer pressure towards something tempting.

One lunatic claiming he is a god is a problem for that lunatic and a few others who interact with him. 50,000 people claiming the lunatic is a god is a problem for a whole lot more than 50,000 people.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
One lunatic claiming he is a god is a problem for that lunatic and a few others who interact with him. 50,000 people claiming the lunatic is a god is a problem for a whole lot more than 50,000 people.
what's the hypothetical "worst case scenario"

for people "misgendering" themselves ?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
what's the hypothetical "worst case scenario"

for people "misgendering" themselves ?
I think we've seen it at the worst it's going to be:

A) People attracting homosexuals, then rejecting them because they claim to be heterosexual (even though they are in reality seeking a homosexual relationship)

B) People (especially children) being sterilized and then later realizing they wanted biological children and can barely attract a mate much less pass their genes on.

C) Families being broken up by a disagreement over gender identity

D) People killing themselves for reasons (A), (B), and (C).

E) Governments stealing from others to perform cosmetic often sterilizing medical procedures on others

F) Governments threatening force against people who build only two variants of restrooms or insist on holding to the original/correct definition of gender

G) Women's sports leagues being destroyed

H) Hyper paranoia leading to baseless lawsuits claiming discrimination and wrongful termination

I) Women being frightened or made uncomfortable by males entering their private spaces

I.1) People actually being raped by males using the public fear of the cult to enter women's spaces as actually happened in a Virginia school
I.2) People actually being raped by males using the delusion to enter female prison populations

J) The biggest one in my opinion is the backlash all the previous are creating. The pendulum is coming back and the momentum that is building is itself a return to previous irrationality.

Since J is happening, I think we've seen the worst.

If you're asking about how bad it could be in other circumstances, I've said many times that the delusion of humanity is unbounded. If I were to say there was a society that brought men to the top of a step pyramid and declared that since the male was truly a female, the penis is a demon in disguise and when they cut it off he won't bleed to death unless he lacked faith; that would not be something you could honestly say is impossible for humanity.
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Don't folks commit suicide over gender identity?
If that's not a crisis,I don't know what is .
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Right on .
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
for reasons (A), (B), and (C)
i'm pretty certain all of those things were happening long before the term "gender identity" 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
for reasons (A), (B), and (C)
i'm pretty certain all of those things were happening long before the term "gender identity" 
and jews were beaten before the holocaust, but that doesn't mean things didn't get worse.

Also "C" has the term "gender identity".
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
Don't folks commit suicide over gender identity?
If that's not a crisis,I don't know what is .
The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than of deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without. - Eric Hoffer

What is it about the gender identity issue that causes your doubt and uncertainty?   

Perhaps your anger is directed at the transgender community because you feel excluded.