US federal budget

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 18
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
2021 US Federal Budget.  I imagine the one in 2023/2024 is pretty similar.

Anyone advocating cuts to government spending, please tell me which item you would cut.  If you can't do that, then you supporting cutting government spending is just, "supporting the current thing".

All government spending cuts will lead to an increase in the unemployment rate and most of it leads to more people dying (except maybe military spending for Ukraine, Israel, and other).  It's alright if you back this, but just understand that before signing up to it.

Cutting taxes and cutting spending leads to cutting life.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
Cut the healthcare, and we can build additional 2 US militaries.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@TheUnderdog

We need to go back to the 92 percent top tax rate Eisenhower had.
FLRW
FLRW

Dwight D. Eisenhower is often quoted from his February 17, 1953 News Conference in which he said,
The fact is there must be balanced budgets before we are again on a safe and sound system in our economy. That means, to my mind, that we cannot afford to reduce taxes, reduce income, until we have in sight a program of expenditures that shows that the factors of income and of outgo will be balanced. Now that is just to my mind sheer necessity.

FLRW
FLRW
Eisenhower knew that an unbalance budget causes inflation. He said:
But I believe, and I think this can be demonstrated as fact by economists, both on the basis of history and on their theoretical and abstract reasoning, that until the deficit is eliminated from our budget, there is no hope of keeping our money stable. It is bound to continue to be cheapened, and if it is cheapened, then the necessary expenses of government each year cost more because the money is worth less. Therefore, there is no end to the inflation; there is finally no end to taxation; and the eventual result would, of course, be catastrophe.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Eisenhower knew that an unbalance budget causes inflation
Well, high taxes it is!

I suggest 92% top tax rate, since we need to follow what worked before.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
We need to go back to the 92 percent top tax rate Eisenhower had.
100% is the only rate for a true communist.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
until the deficit is eliminated from our budget, there is no hope of keeping our money stable.
This is a gross conceptualization error regarding monetary value. The US dollar is wholly dependent on global purchasing power and especially foreign global oil reserves traded in dollars as the US doesn't produce anything anymore and has a ridiculously low amount of production factories compared to other nations, especially China.

Thankfully, Biden's foreign policies weaponizing the US dollar is destroying the global reserves on the dollar, so we won't have to worry about a reduction of the US Moody's rating far in the future to crash the value of the US dollar. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
the US doesn't produce anything anymore
Really? I guess we are supposed to trust you without questioning your questionable claims.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

Dwight D. Eisenhower is often quoted....
With the approaching second anniversary of Russia’s military operations in Ukraine, we can expect that there will be various solutions offered to the current war there. On one side there will be calls for billions more in U.S. and NATO military aid to Ukraine, and on the other side there will be calls for a cease-fire.
I would like to step back and look at some of the history of how we got here.

One place to begin is President Dwight Eisenhower’s farewell address in which he warned, “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.”

There are a lot of smart people on Dart that think Eisenhower is a Putin puppet and should stand with Ukraine 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Really? I guess we are supposed to trust you without questioning your questionable claims.
Count all the products in your home and then count the products made in America. If it's over 30%, I would be very surprised.

America imports a ton of cheap stuff from China. We can't make it here that efficiently. Phones....microchips...car batteries...solar panels...anything plastic...
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Thankfully, Biden's foreign policies weaponizing the US dollar is destroying the global reserves on the dollar,
bingo
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
If it's over 30%
So we went from "producing nothing" to producing 30%.

Thats progress.

USA has 1.5 trillion in exports, you know!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
USA has 1.5 trillion in exports, you know!

The United States is the largest goods importer in the world. U.S. goods imports from the world totaled $3.96 trillion
For every plastic spoon we sell, we buy 2+ from China....
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Thats just other countries paying for protection.

They need to pay to us to protect them from invasion, or to let them invade someone, or to not get invaded by us.

Just some of the advantages of having strongest military.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
U.S. goods imports from the world totaled $3.96 trillion
So we give 1.5 trillion of goods and get 3.96 trillion of goods in return.

Are you sure that you want it other way around? You can always move to China, but China's goods belong to US.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@FLRW
I am not in the top 1%, so I would be fine with that.