3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
logic tells us that any two substances that CAN interact in any way

must necessarily maintain a FUNDAMENTAL similarity

therefore, MONISM
Explain? What does that have to do with - anything? 
omniscient omnipotent creator of all things is the most common definition of "god" i've encountered in these endless debates about "atheism"

OOC however, logically precludes the "independent" existence of anything else - - everything is and must be by definition part of the OOC

therefore, MONISM
RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
-->
@FLRW
That is like me saying the same thing about math to Einstein. In almost complete ignorance. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
Atheists don't have evidence they have a militant sociopolitical frustration in a quasi-theistic culture. 

wrong.

atheists are merely UNconvinced of any specific theological claims
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
Thirdly, as mentioned above one can believe and even trust in a God and still be atheist if they don't venerate said God. I'm apolitical. That doesn't mean "disbelief in the existence of King or kings," it means I'm without politics. 
bingo
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
Atheism is the rejection of theistic claims. The reason for that rejection varies, but in most cases it’s due to the lack of evidence, which is the logical reason to deny any claim.
UNconvinced of any specific theological claim
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
All humans are not born with a disbelief in anything.
atheism is a lack of theological belief

atheists are UNconvinced of any specific theological claims
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
If it is true, and it is, that a god can be anything or anyone,
ok, you win because atheists don't believe in anything or anyone

WTF
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
Piece of candy? 

Look up the IQ of Stephen Hawking and James Woods and tell me which one I should listen to on the subject of physics. Then look up the guys who invented the tests and coined the term - what it means and how it is used/abused.  
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@RaymondSheen
Piece of candy? 
Yes, please 😄

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
No, we are just after your resources. We have no interest in managing human lives.
Then would it kill you to stop with the anal probes?! What resources are you looking for there anyway? 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, I think according to the history channel they've been doing that for thousands of years. 
Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
-->
@RaymondSheen
Like Laveyan Satanists 
Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Do atheists believe no gods exists?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@ebuc
The dead horse keeps philosophy and religon alive
42. Douglas Adams. The question that supplied job security for the philosophers for the next 7 1/2 billion years? The murine earth project before the Vogans built a whatsit. Goll!

Logical common sense critical thinking. Your not familiar with such apparrently. 
No. Not at all. Might as well ask the cat. But, hey, "Your not familiar with such apparrently?" Good Job! That's worse than me. 

It is obvious you fear the truth and logical common sense critical thinking with these kind of responses 

Post 332 at
[Sigh] Alright. 

To the ' creator God ' and their illogical, lack of common sense and lack of critical thinking;

....naught is created nor destroyed, only transformed......see 1st law of thermodynamics, that,
You want to turn theology into science or science into theology? The sun will eventually do what? How could you create naught or destroy naught? Nuclear explosions? Energy, Bob. Matter. 

I don't see the relevance of your observations.  

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@3RU7AL
physical images and statues of gods ghosts and goblins, aliensbigfootlochness obviously exist

this is the most ridiculous straw-man argument i've ever seen in my life
NO! I WON'T HAVE IT!

There was the Epsilom Program 

The main ideals of the Epsilon Program are established on their website. The religions main deity is Kifflom, and members follow his twelve tenets:
  1. The world is 157 years old, and it doesn't age.
  2. Dinosaurs are a lie that people believe because they are weak.
  3. You are happy, you just don’t know it.
  4. We all come from the same tree.
  5. Everyone is related to everyone else, except for people with red hair.
  6. Sperm does not exist - it is a lie spread by biology teachers - along with everything else you have ever been told.
  7. Men are supposed to lie with nine new partners a week. Women are supposed to lie with six, except for in July, when they must lie with five men a day.
  8. Aliens exist and are present on earth. If you have a birth mark, you may be descended from Kraff, the famous Emperor of the 4th Paradigm.
  9. Trees talk, but only some people hear them.
  10. People who believe in something live much longer than atheists, and they have eternal life thrown in for good measure.
  11. If you believe this and turn you hands and wallet over to EPSILONISM, you’ll live a happy life. Otherwise you are doomed.
  12. KIFFLOM - HAPPINESS IS YOURS! KIFFLOM!
Uh - anyway - I didn't say anything about "ghosts and goblins, aliensbigfootlochness" and I pointed out that a god doesn't have to exist. Giving the examples of Frodo Baggins and the Shinto goddess Amaterasu. Many of the Shinto gods were fictional creations concocted to instruct Japanes youth in the royally commissioned Nihongi and Kojiki. They weren't presented as literal existing. It's like the gods of luck.  

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@RaymondSheen

James Woods, an accomplished actor is also known for his exceptional intelligence. With an estimated IQ of 180, Woods attended MIT on a full scholarship, studying political science before dropping out to pursue acting.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@3RU7AL
atheism is a lack of theological belief

atheists are UNconvinced of any specific theological claims
That isn't true, and it doesn't even make sense. Atheism is the theological belief that God and gods don't exist. It's irrelevant because they (gods) don't have to exist, many gods I've just proven to exist and uh, there was something else but I've forgotten what it was. Oh, saying they are unconvinced is only saying they are idiots, and God knows we wouldn't want to do that. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Do atheists believe no gods exists?
an atheist is merely UNconvinced by any theistic claims

in simple terms

an atheist is NOT a theist
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
atheism is a lack of theological belief

atheists are UNconvinced of any specific theological claims
That isn't true, and it doesn't even make sense. Atheism is the theological belief that God and gods don't exist. It's irrelevant because they (gods) don't have to exist, many gods I've just proven to exist and uh, there was something else but I've forgotten what it was. Oh, saying they are unconvinced is only saying they are idiots, and God knows we wouldn't want to do that. 
maybe try asking a few actual people who actually call themselves atheists

they will tell you that their atheism is definitely not a CLAIM that no possible definitions of god(s) could ever qualify as extant

it is simply a lack of belief in any specific god that cares about what humans do

for example

spinoza wrote a logical proof of god and spinoza's god certainly exists by definition alone

but since spinoza's definition of god didn't match the general common colloquial definition of YHWH

he was declared an atheist

because he didn't believe in the "one-true-god"
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@3RU7AL
ok, you win because atheists don't believe in anything or anyone

WTF
If only it were that simple.

Q: What is a god?
A: Something or someone venrated. 

Q: Then everything is a god? 
A: No, anything can be a god. Like anything can be hated or loved. That doesn't mean everything is hated and loved. 

I don't believe in Zeus, don't believe he existed don't worship him. Zeus is a god. Although, as I mentioned, Zeus was also a title for Roman rulers. Like Pharaohs. Pharaohs were gods. Do atheists believe or lack belief in Pharaohs? 

Philippians 3:19 "Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame. Their minds are set on earthly things."

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@FLRW
Yes. And his IQ was greater than that of Stephen Hawking. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@3RU7AL
an atheist is merely UNconvinced by any theistic claims

in simple terms

an atheist is NOT a theist
In simple terms, then, tell me exactly what a god is and what veneration means. Then think money. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
Uh - anyway - I didn't say anything about "ghosts and goblins, aliensbigfootlochness" and I pointed out that a god doesn't have to exist. Giving the examples of Frodo Baggins and the Shinto goddess Amaterasu. Many of the Shinto gods were fictional creations concocted to instruct Japanes youth in the royally commissioned Nihongi and Kojiki. They weren't presented as literal existing. It's like the gods of luck.  
we both know that people who call themselves atheists are not claiming that statues don't exist
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
In simple terms, then, tell me exactly what a god is and what veneration means. Then think money. 
omniscient omnipotent creator of all things = money ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
Do atheists believe or lack belief in Pharaohs? 
you've got to be joking
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
There are two assertions most atheists make.

1) The Burden of Proof is on the Theist.
2) Assertion number 1 is not an assertion.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@RaymondSheen

It's what you do with your IQ that counts. Adragon De Mello had an IQ of 400.  He graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz with a degree in computational mathematics in 1988, at age 11. At the time, he was the youngest college graduate in U.S. history. He accomplished nothing afterwards.
In 2000, De Mello was training to be an estimator for a commercial painting company
FLRW
FLRW

I am raising my estimate of Best.Korea's  IQ to 195.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RaymondSheen
42. Douglas Adams. The question that supplied job security for the philosophers for the next 7 1/2 billion years? The murine earth project before the Vogans built a whatsit. Goll!
Still spouting irrelevancy to Athesim topic.   Running from truth, logical common sense and critical thinking.

No. Not at all. Might as well ask the cat. But, hey, "Your not familiar with such apparrently?" Good Job! That's worse than me. 
More irrelevancy. Running from truth, logical common sense and critical thinking.

[Sigh] Alright.
Falsehood ---intention or not--- may be fine with you. Not me. Same goes for irrelevancy, at some point, sincerity of intellectual integrity needs to prevail, or so I would think most mature rational adults would engage in.

You want to turn theology into science or science into theology? The sun will eventually do what? How could you create naught or destroy naught? Nuclear explosions? Energy, Bob. Matter. 
Empirical evidence { science } stems from observation, instrumental and other.   If observational evidence is not for you, so be it. Good luck with that on the question of Atheism etc God related questions.

I don't see the relevance of your observations.
Thats because you comment above makes clear, empirical evidence from observations is not your priority in regards to questions regarding atheism.

Your thread, you can be as illogical, with no common sense or critical thinking all you want.  However, it is a public forum, ergo, face the truths in regards to atheism or run from them --as you do--  as Ive presented them.  Your intellectual  integrity --if not also other--  is in jeopardy, not mine.