Atheism Simplified

Author: RaymondSheen

Total: 57
RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
The first Atheism thread considered God and gods from the perspective of the ideologue. This thread is much simpler, it considers God, gods, theism and atheism from the practical perspective. This one will, I suspect, be much easier and quicker. 

1. The Bible creator God would no longer be God if everyone stopped worshipping him.
2. If everyone stopped worshipping all gods there would be no more gods because that is the only requirement for being God or gods. Worship, i.e. veneration. 

That's very simple, isn't it? If no one had ever worshipped anything there would never have been any God or gods. This is equally true whether or not God literally exists. So in such a case there would never have been theism or atheism. It's like love. If no one ever loved anyone or anything there would be no love. Everyone would be unloved. 

Get it? 

Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
I hate God.

I want to punch him in the face for not creating season 2 of world conquest zvezda plot. 

The rest of his crimes such as creating diseases, mental illnesses and doing mass murders can be forgiven, but this with anime being cancelled just crosses the line.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I could forgive God for giving me autism, I could forgive God for giving me speech disorder, I could forgive God for giving me 1 inch bent deformed dick, I could forgive God for making me map and sociopath and sadist, I could forgive God for all the abuse I had to endure as a child,

but I cannot forgive God for cancelling season 2 of World Conquest Zvezda Plot.

To those saying: "Its all part of God's plan".

No, its not part of any fucking plan. There is no fucking plan where you have to cancel such an important anime.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
My father Lucifer already declared war on Christians and muslims, and in a couple of decades there wont even be real Christians or muslims anymore, as they will all be turned to the dark side through the slippery slope of sin. They will just think they are Christians or muslims, but in religious sense, they will be far from both religions. Everyone will be evil and there wont be a good person left on Earth anymore. It will all belong to the devil, and its all because God cancelled season 2 of World Conquest Zvezda Plot. So its all God's fault. Praise Lucifer's revenge!
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
You're a crusty sock. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RaymondSheen
Crusty sock definition:

An old sock filled with so much dried semen it has become crusty, mainly found in teenage boys rooms.
Also might be filled with lotion.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
Often used as a puppet. You're a crusty sock puppet. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
Well, if the term "God" has this connotation, I can agree. But the term "God" usually has a broader description. God is also the creator of this existence according to the believers.

So, you're right in part. If people stop worshipping a "God" then religions will have no reason for being because worshipping implies rituals and doctrines to follow up. Isn't it what religion is about?

Nevertheless, the people will have this necessity of looking for a reason of their existence, so the need of a "God" will pop up anytime soon.

So, I don't think it's enough to stop worshipping a "God" in order to get rid of this "God".

I think the only way to get rid of the GOD OF RELIGIONS is to know exactly the real nature of this existence. I mean, while it is true that the God of religions is a manifestation of human being's ignorance, we have to acknoledge too that we depend on a kind of FORCE or SOURCE that sustain us, which I refuse to call it God because it reminds me of religions. I'm pretty sure the knowledge about this FORCE or SOURCE can be explained scientifically and will satisfy all our doubts equally.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RaymondSheen
You're a crusty sock puppet.
The devil made me do it.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@RaymondSheen
P1: It is reasonable/rational to withhold belief in an unfalsifiable entity.
P2: God is an unfalsifiable entity.
P3: Atheists withhold belief in God.
C: It is reasonable/rational to be atheist.
I agree completely. 
debate over [.]

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, if the term "God" has this connotation, I can agree. But the term "God" usually has a broader description. God is also the creator of this existence according to the believers.
Think of the word God like the word King. God's name is Jehovah. Jehovah may be my God but not your God. Charles may be your King but not my king. Jehovah is a god. Allah is someone else's God Charles is a king. The problem is simple. People wrongly think God is a name and gods are a copy. They think saying "God damn it" is taking the "Lord's name" in vain. I use the term think loosely. 

So, you're right in part. If people stop worshipping a "God" then religions will have no reason for being because worshipping implies rituals and doctrines to follow up. Isn't it what religion is about?
Not really. The only reason for religion to exist is power, usually through money. Religion is pretense and ritual. Paying the man. 

Nevertheless, the people will have this necessity of looking for a reason of their existence, so the need of a "God" will pop up anytime soon.
That's where the pretense comes in. Make believe. Just using God or gods or science or religion as a means to justify the ends. A make you look good to the people you want to look good for. 

God's will. God is on our side. You can always tell a good god when he hates all the same people you do. Rally the troops! Don't question God. But God ain't them. Follow the science. Follow the money. Follow the god. 

So, ya' gotta' ask yourself, what does it all matter? It doesn't. Just watch 'em destroy one another. Just like the very real Jehovah God told Adam they would. 

So, I don't think it's enough to stop worshipping a "God" in order to get rid of this "God".
The stopping I mentioned wasn't to get rid of the God. Remember? I said it didn't matter whether or not God existed. It just means he wouldn't be a god anymore. God means worshiped. Not anything else. Anything and everything can be a god. Worshipped. You have to get the idea that God only means God. Sky magic make believe. God doesn't mean that. God means worshipped. 

I think the only way to get rid of the GOD OF RELIGIONS is to know exactly the real nature of this existence. I mean, while it is true that the God of religions is a manifestation of human being's ignorance, we have to acknoledge too that we depend on a kind of FORCE or SOURCE that sustain us, which I refuse to call it God because it reminds me of religions. I'm pretty sure the knowledge about this FORCE or SOURCE can be explained scientifically and will satisfy all our doubts equally.
I know. No martyrs, right? But you're only recycling the same thing and calling it something different. Minus accountability and responsibility. It doesn't pay and it doesn't matter. It may make you feel like you're ahead of the game but you're in the same ship of fools as the "believers and sceptics." The ship's going down. It doesn't matter who goes down with it. It isn't a scare tactic, it's truth. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
The devil made me do it.
Oh, buddy. Ya' gotta' watch out for devils. The word means liar, slanderer. Did you know that? Got any songs like the Lucifer light bearer songs? And PLEASE! No devil went down to Georgia. Propper context. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
My father Lucifer already declared war on Christians and muslims...
I'm not your father. OK?

Lol.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I'm not your father.
But you made me.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@RaymondSheen
The ship's going down.
What do you mean by that?

Do you think humanity is going sideways? Are you being apocalyptic?
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
But you made me.
I don't know you, man.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I masturbate every night while thinking of my father.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RaymondSheen
I would suggest that GODS were an inevitable requirement of an evolving intellectual species.

And BK's crusty repository causes Mama Korea to chuckle.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@zedvictor4
I would suggest that GODS were an inevitable requirement of an evolving intellectual species.
You shouldn't. 

And BK's crusty repository causes Mama Korea to chuckle.
Like Bates Hotel. Psychos check in and never check out. Old school. Nothing like Facebook or X marks the spot. 

Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
-->
@RaymondSheen
Yes , that is simple .
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
The real meaning of the Bible. Desktop or Mobile?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
Get it? 
Well yeah. You may be using the term atheism to describe the thread, but the concept you seem to want to talk about has nothing to do with what the vast majority of people are calling God/gods or religion.

So this conversation to you isn’t about what’s real, but just a conversation about how people feel.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
Well yeah. You may be using the term atheism to describe the thread, but the concept you seem to want to talk about has nothing to do with what the vast majority of people are calling God/gods or religion.

So this conversation to you isn’t about what’s real, but just a conversation about how people feel.
Sort of. It isn't about what's real because it's all just about how people feel. What's real isn't important. It's a smokescreen for other things. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
I don't know you, man.
She's just playing. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
What do you mean by that?

Do you think humanity is going sideways? Are you being apocalyptic?
Sure. Isn't it obvious that mankind will destroy themselves? I'm not talking about fake climate change, I'm talking about the inevitable conclusion. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
I masturbate every night while thinking of my father.
You have daddy issues, aren't ya?
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you remember when I said that humans are destined to evolve to a God level? Do you, Victor?

The aliens that seeded this planet with the human species are more evolved beings. They are stronger, more intelligent and estetically more beautiful. It's not just a matter of advance technology, they're advanced at all levels. They are also morally advanced which has to do with what we call the spiritual dimension. They are more "spiritual", meaning more connected to the universe. This is not bullshit, this is the correct way we are supposed to live so to evolve adequately. Becoming more "spiritual" means getting more connected with our surrounding understanding that we are one system and that we can't get our own way, that we have to work together as one fist.

The aliens are at a God level and we have to catch up. This is our goal, to become like them. At some point in the future, we're going to do what they are doing, making interstellar trips in order to find planets with good potential for life, and seeding our creations. We will be GODS, but for that there is long way to go.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@RaymondSheen
Sure. Isn't it obvious that mankind will destroy themselves? I'm not talking about fake climate change, I'm talking about the inevitable conclusion. 
Yeah, unfortunately.

So you think it doesn't matter what we believe because everything is going to be destroyed anyway. Am I correct? Or is there something else?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
You will probably remember that what you are suggesting, is not a hypothesis that I can disagree with.

Though I tend to look beyond the organic in terms of a greater intellectually and materially evolved super-energy.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
You have daddy issues, aren't ya?
Yes.