Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 304
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
I'll suppose I'll be honest. I'm a castling, I can use my ability once to protect one piece (king), and make one piece's next moves untamperable (rook).
You generally want to keep character and role information to yourself. Cause now mafia now what powers you have and manipulate them.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
unvote  VTL Savant
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I’d like to wait until a couple more people post who haven’t yet and make a decision then. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
I'm going to come right out and say this in D1, since revealing it after being investigated would just be suspicious. Despite winning with the town, my role has a "Miller" modifier, which means I will be shown as guilty if investigated by the cop.  Revealing the rest of my role would be pretty bad for the town, and I couldn't confirm it anyway. If it comes to revealing or being lynched, I'll reveal, but it would be far from ideal.
What’s your character? I generally policy lynch millers DP1 unless there’s a viable alternative. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
So Miller + ??? . Any particular reason you chose to wait until now to reveal it? Usually that’s a first post reveal.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
VOTECOUNT:

Savant (1/5): Pie

Some of the craziest stuff I've seen in my life. Look at the bottom left corner of the video, that's what he sees.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
@Barney
@Vader
Activity ping etc.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
Some of the craziest stuff I've seen in my life. Look at the bottom left corner of the video, that's what he sees.
youtube is blocked so i cant see it but im gonna guess gothom chess?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
You're in for a surprise when you get home and watch it :)
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
What’s your character? I generally policy lynch millers DP1 unless there’s a viable alternative. 
Pawn

Usually that’s a first post reveal
Well I didn't know the meta and I wasn't sure if I should reveal it and risk the suspicion. Regardless, I revealed it pretty early.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
I expected some level of suspicion, but there's no reason to lynch me day one when I've been transparent about being a Miller. That's basically throwing every single game that has a Miller in it.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
How about... not lynching Savant day one, as you could have voted out a town because of a policy you have. Let him live for at least today.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I'm townreading Moozer for that. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
Dashboard
PLAYER               ROLE                CHAR
1. Savant          Miller+???           Pawn
2. Pie                      ???                      ???
3. whiteflame     ???                      ???
4. Moozer         BG+Protector   Castling
5. Joebob             ???                     ???
6. Lunatic             ???                     ???
7. Vader                 ???                     ???
8. Barney              ???                     ???
9. Earth                  ???                     ???

Since Barney hasn't been on yet (and I want to spend more of this game thinking on themes), I decided to bust this out. I think that's right. I had to look up the Protector role, which appears to fit Moozer's description. I'm not clear if by "protect one piece" Moozer meant BG (i.e. you protect whoever you target by sacrificing yourself in place of them - check the link) or if he somehow gives them a 1X Bulletproof, but I'd like to clarify that (hence the tag).

Also, speaking on themes, it's interesting that so far we have a piece (Pawn) and a move (Castling). Wonder how many of us are typified by one of those sets of roles. I'm kind of in the latter, though I'd be better placed in the "strategy" bucket, which might include moves.
JoeBob
JoeBob
Slight Town
Savant

everyone else is null for me
Earth
Earth
I buy Savant's claim.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
I expected some level of suspicion, but there's no reason to lynch me day one when I've been transparent about being a Miller. That's basically throwing every single game that has a Miller in it.
It’s a good fake claim for scum because investigators can’t discern them. At MYLO/LYLO you become very suspicious if that’s your role, and I would prefer to avoid that headache. Anyways, like I said, you’re policy assuming we don’t find another suitable target. So I suggest you start scum hunting 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@Savant
@JoeBob
How about... not lynching Savant day one, as you could have voted out a town because of a policy you have. Let him live for at least today.
I explained myself in previous post. Your wording here is very very odd though. It seems carefully crafted to avoid knowing that Savant is town in the first place.

Unvote VTL JoeBob 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Vader
@whiteflame
@Savant
@Moozer325
Help me pressure JoeBob please
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
I suggest you start scum hunting
I'm fine with that. Haven't played with a lot of people before so my behavioral reads may be off. My inclination is to suspect you since you are accusing me and I know I'm town. But you also strike me as a very proactive player in general, so that's far from conclusive. For now, I'll take your accusation on the chin and keep an eye out for scum.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
JoeBob doesn't strike me as suspicious so far. I'm not saying that you are scum or that he isn't, but pushing for claims this early based on extremely limited evidence is not a good idea.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
VOTECOUNT:

Joebob (1/5): Pie

Fun with chess!

Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Eeeh. I'm not buying it. I think Savant is town too.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
I'm fine with that. Haven't played with a lot of people before so my behavioral reads may be off. My inclination is to suspect you since you are accusing me and I know I'm town. But you also strike me as a very proactive player in general, so that's far from conclusive. For now, I'll take your accusation on the chin and keep an eye out for scum.
Think of it this way. If your town you’re incentivized to scum hunt and find a target. If you’re scum, you have to create a way to go after a townie and that makes you vulnerable 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
JoeBob doesn't strike me as suspicious so far. I'm not saying that you are scum or that he isn't, but pushing for claims this early based on extremely limited evidence is not a good idea.
The way he phrased it is scummy af. That’s inherently suspicious. Scum have to be more careful about how and what they post. Town can just post. Scum are also informed about who is town and who is not. Combine these two and the post is extremely sus
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
It seems carefully crafted to avoid knowing that Savant is town in the first place.
What makes you think this? The phrasing seemed normal.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
The way he phrased it is scummy af. That’s inherently suspicious. Scum have to be more careful about how and what they post. Town can just post. Scum are also informed about who is town and who is not. Combine these two and the post is extremely sus
So because I used dots, I’m suspicious? That makes no sense.
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
You keep forgetting JoeBob is a new player.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Read this carefully. “Could have” is a really odd choice of words. This is past sense. That means he knows for a fact that Savant is town. Normally, you would say something like: “as you may/could vote out a town. It’s a really odd choice of language. We know that scum need to be more conscious of what they post since they can’t seem like they know who is town or scum.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
You keep forgetting JoeBob is a new player.
Sure, which makes my point even more valid. He’s never played as scum. He’s more likely to make the mistake if anything.