The Real Mening of the Bible

Author: RaymondSheen

Total: 175
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen

The real meaning of the Bible is very simple. It's about the vindication of Jehovah God's name through the ransom sacrifice of Christ Jesus. 

The Bible: Desktop / Mobile Device.

Is it? Why don't you prove it? 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL
The truth, as was told back then, is that Jesus' parents were Mary, and a Roman Soldier named Pantera

I have read  some on this in the past.  It may be worth also pointing out that there is a direct insulting statement that can be found from a Jewish source as to the illegitimacy of Jesus the Jew. The Talmud’s Mishna describes Jesus as “a bastard son of an adulteress” describing Jesus as ben Pantera (son of-Pantera) a corruption of the Greek word/name parthenos. Pantera was said to be a Roman archerfrom Sidon in Phoenicia but had served in Syria.  This of course may go some way in explaining why it is that Mark and John are silent concerning any "virgin" birth; there wasn't one, not in the sense that we today understand the word virgin.

I found it interesting that there is a scene in Monty Python's Life of Brian where Brian's Mother is caught  with a  Roman in the house where she then confesses to him telling him that his real father was  a Roman Centurion named Nortius Maximus.

"You mean you were raped" he askes ?

"Well at first,  yes" she replies.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Tradesecret
I did. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Mall
Jesus said err, not lie. He was talking to the Sadducess about the resurrection. They didn't believe in resurrection. They weren't lieing because they believed it to be true. To err isn't to lie. The people you are addressing here aren't lieing, they believe what they say to be true. What you are saying is that if someone doesn't agree with your belief they are liars. That prevents you from being reproved by scripture. You make your own error a lie because you speak the error as if it were God's error.   Leviticus 19:17; Oriverbs 9:7-8; Matthew 18:15
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen
I did. 
I must have missed it. Can you please point me to the specific posts. Thanks. 
Mall
Debates: 347
Mall
-->
@RaymondSheen
Scripture say of all thy getting get understanding. You're not understanding a word from me. I said the scripture say ye do err not knowing the scripture. I said they are in error. I just told you this.
Shila
Shila
-->
@RaymondSheen
The Bible is the invention of the Jewish people to reconstruct Jewish history so as to compete with its more advanced and sophisticated neighbours like the Egyptians and Babylonian’s.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Castin
The Bible is story of deliverance by God of the Jewish people from the acts of Moses to the prophecies found in the book of Isaiah and Book of Malachi.
Shila
Shila
Jesus is mentioned in the Book of Isaiah and Bool of Malachi  as the Messiah who will deliver the Jews from their bondage. The New Testament is the fulfillment of that promise.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Jesus is mentioned in the Book of Isaiah and Bool of Malachi  as the Messiah who will deliver the Jews from their bondage. The New Testament is the fulfillment of that promise.

Ok, let us see your biblical evidence for  that claim.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mall
"The old testament has prophecies about Jesus Christ.
It doesn't."

Then you calling Moses, all the prophets and Jesus liars.

Like I said when you read the old testament expecting a name to be there, you really don't understand what you're reading.

It's the same thing with claiming contradictions. All of you that's spreading falsehood saying that the old testament does not prophesize Jesus Christ are in error .

To RaymondSheen: They're in error.
I'm not calling any of the prophets liars. I'm saying you're reading Jewish scripture through a Christocentric lens its authors never intended. The error lies in your interpretation of scripture.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Castin
So none of the prophets told about Jesus the son of God,is that what you're saying?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
@Mall
Mall wrote @ Castin. So none of the prophets told about Jesus the son of God,is that what you're saying?

I am saying you are wrong.  And you cannot show me otherwise. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Then you're saying Jesus is wrong. You and your buddy  .
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
Then you're saying Jesus is wrong. You and your buddy  .

Nope. I am saying that your interpretation of the Old Testamant is bullshit.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Jesus basically said the old testament was concerning him. You're saying it's not so you're saying he was wrong.
Scripture basically says fool and slow of heart to believe all of what the prophets have spoken .

Cursing people out don't change your error, now acknowledge your error and sit down so you can be taught.
Scripture basically says at the time you are to teach you need somebody to teach you .
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Mall
“Why should we place Christ at the top and summit of the human race? Was he kinder, more forgiving, more self-sacrificing than Buddha? Was he wiser, did he meet death with more perfect calmness, than Socrates? Was he more patient, more charitable, than Epictetus? Was he a greater philosopher, a deeper thinker, than Epicurus? In what respect was he the superior of Zoroaster? Was he gentler than Lao-tsze, more universal than Confucius? Were his ideas of human rights and duties superior to those of Zeno? Did he express grander truths than Cicero? Was his mind subtler than Spinoza’s? Was his brain equal to Kepler’s or Newton’s? Was he grander in death – a sublimer martyr than Bruno? Was he in intelligence, in the force and beauty of expression, in breadth and scope of thought, in wealth of illustration, in aptness of comparison, in knowledge of the human brain and heart, of all passions, hopes and fears, the equal of Shakespeare, the greatest of the human race?”
― Robert G. Ingersoll, About The Holy Bible
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
 sit down so you can be taught.

Nice, I'm sitting down now teach away.... with some biblical evidence.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
The old testament is essentially BS.

In so much as it is a mythical hypothesis based upon a common fantasy GOD theme.

Lovely day for a bike ride in sunny Mid Wales.

I hope that you have a good day in Bromsgrove.
Mall
Mall
-->
@FLRW
Your point is what?
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
What's your proof that the old testament scriptures are fictitious?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Very good. Now seriously re-read all the comments I made regarding Jesus being involved in old testament scriptures. Highlight especially the one about Jesus saying they were concerning him.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
I hope that you have a good day in Bromsgrove.

Yep absolutely gorgeous here, Vic. 
Hope you area all well, mate.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
Now seriously re-read all the comments I made regarding Jesus being involved in old testament scriptures.

Yep. Done that.

Highlight especially the one about Jesus saying they were concerning him.

Well that is what I have been asking YOU to provide considering that it is you that made the claim.... albeit on Jesus' behalf.

So when your ready,  it will be nice to see YOUR biblical evidence for your baseless claims..
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen
I did. 
I'm still waiting to see where you proved it. 

Thanks. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Scriptures are scriptures and as such are not "fictitious".

Though I did not say that scriptures were fictitious.

I referred to them as mythical hypotheses based upon a common fantasy GOD theme.

B.S. was a reference to Stephen's comment.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Ok you done WHAT?
 Tell me exactly what you did?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Tradesecret
Proved what? 
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
"The old testament is essentially BS.

In so much as it is a mythical hypothesis based upon a common fantasy GOD theme."

What is "BS" and "mythical hypothesis"?

Stephen
Stephen
Mall wrote: Now seriously re-read all the comments I made regarding Jesus being involved in old testament scriptures.

Stephen wrote:  Yep. Done that.

Mall wrote:  Ok you done WHAT?
 Tell me exactly what you did?

Mall can't read what it is that I wrote... exactly.