Total: 13
bronskibeat
Debates: 3
bronskibeat
Are you familiar with the plan to in-act "Project 2025" if Trump wins? Generally speaking, it's a very robust transition plan organized by right-wing think tank, The Heritage Foundation, to enforce Christian and Conservative policies on every level of Government: including replacing all government works with ones who will promote "Conservative ideals." https://www.project2025.org

Liberals seem concerned, and Conservatives seem largely indifferent (many not even knowing about it). The indifference part is interesting to me because most Conservatives i've spoken with have the attitude of "has some good ideas, has some really bad ideas, probably won't happen either way." And liberals are concerned with the prospect of a President who would think of any of it as a good idea let alone actually trying to push it through. 

Project 2025 controversial points of interest:
  • Reinstate the executive order known as Schedule F. This would reclassify thousands of federal employees as “at-will” workers and give the administration the ability to fire employees who don’t agree with or follow the extremist policies suggested by Project 2025.
  • Create a training “academy” for potential employees of the next administration, which “provides aspiring appointees with the insight, background knowledge, and expertise in governance to immediately begin rolling back destructive policy and advancing conservative ideas in the federal government.” 
  •  Will ensure that Department of Justice is not independent from the executive branch and implies the agency will be used to take legal retribution against whoever Trump decides to investigate.
  • Calls for a future GOP administration to immediately review all major FBI investigations “and terminate any that are unlawful or contrary to the national interest.”

Best.Korea
Debates: 280
Best.Korea
"Execute order 66" - Emperor Trump 2025

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@bronskibeat
sabotaging an emergent fascist state is for some reason a "christian and conservative" policy?

It's liberal policy, and what you posted seem like half measures to restore the federation envisioned at the constitutional convention.

Under this constitution, and with the insignificant and unreliable self-correction mechanism we currently have, there should be almost not federal laws and they should only be tried by juries drawn randomly from the entire population.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
What's the point of having a deepstate if Trump is just gonna fire them all?

America has done just fine with an unelected unfireable all-powerful oligarchy for decades. (allegedly)
FLRW
FLRW

Trump said he will cut SS and Medicare so he can have another tax cut.
Best.Korea
Debates: 280
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
sabotaging an emergent fascist state
You dont want to sabotage United States.

You want to go home and rethink your life.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
Trump said he will cut SS and Medicare so he can have another tax cut.
Threatening us with prosperity, the bastard!

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
I actually read two chapters of that.
So far as I can tell, it's a generic "do Republican stuff" manifesto, probably not the first of its kind by a long shot, which a CNN pundit caught wind of and misreported as some kind of master plan to install Trump as dictator for life.
sadolite
sadolite
Couldn't be any worse than the degeneracy that runs the govt now. People always lecture me about how I don't like change, I am willing to try this for a change, how about you? Do you embrace change or do you want to keep the same  BS status quo?
bronskibeat
Debates: 3
bronskibeat
-->
@sadolite
Well, I am absolutely for change, but not change for change sake. For me, implementation of this plan would further take us in the wrong direction. But i'm a silly ol' lib.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bronskibeat
There's nothing "liberal" about preserving the deep state.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@bronskibeat
 "but not change for change sake."  Excuse me but that is all the govt does change everything for the sake of change. How would this be any different? I mean I have to live with all this change over the last 40 years that  I don't like, why cant the people who don't like this kind of change  suffer change they don't like for awhile? Fair is fair. You suffer shitty change I suffer shitty change.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
America has done just fine with an unelected unfireable all-powerful oligarchy for decades. (allegedly)
Yep, I especially love how we don't export anything but weapons and threats. What a business model. I hate it when my appliances and tools were made in America, clearly the Chinese are just intrinsically better at engineering because we know it's totally impossible that our industry was sabotaged by a giant parasitic crime organization claiming it's for our own good.