-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Touché.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Paul
You use solipsism in every argument you make.
This statement is provably false.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@3RU7AL
Not surprised you bring politics in here. I think it's time to block you. 
Not surprised you are hyper-sensitive.
She blocked me bc i was giving another person positive affirmations lol. I suspect she is following my posts. First she tells Etrnl not to invite me to the Theist thread, now she is making a post about agnostics which i am the most obvious one, and other stuff i'm pretty sure was inadvertently addressing me... Well who knows right... i'm blocked so i can't defend any of that... how convenient for her. She is just another person that thinks she is always right so much so that she has to block out people that can actually justify themselves... So, you aren't going to miss much. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
No, since I am not a God.
What if everyone and you are god? 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
Then that would probably be too many cooks in the kitchen.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
Then that would probably be too many cooks in the kitchen.
Lol yep... Let's say an infinite consciousness is the platform. Do you think this sort of platform makes sense in regards to correlating with your spiritual experiences? 

Paul
Paul
-->
@3RU7AL
No, it's not.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
Lol yep... Let's say an infinite consciousness is the platform. Do you think this sort of platform makes sense in regards to correlating with your spiritual experiences? 
Well, I can't grasp "infinity" .

My mind always tries to lean towards a consciousness that has a beginning, a structure, a definite form, a chance of ending. 

So I'm not sure I can even start to answer your question.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
Well, I can't grasp "infinity" .
Most definitely i agree. That's not really what i'm asking though. For instance, i've had spiritual experiences. I've always tried to figure out which platform would allow for such experiences. I think a source platform that is everything and can be anything answers my experiences best. Bc not only would it make sense out of my experience, in my opinion, it allows for people that have different experiences. But that's why i'm curious about yours. I've never had a "god" experience in your way. So i'm wondering if you think such a platform is consistent with your experience(s) too. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
Yes, it would be consistant, since all experiences could be accomodated.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
You don't really want the truth.

So believe what you want to believe.

I am secure. I don't need your validation.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Of course I want the truth. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
This fetish for explanations and understandings will only get in the way of what is really important.

Being that you seem to be hinting that you are an epistemological nihilist, it should even be plain to you that this approach is vanity.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
You need to work on your humility.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Purify the heart.

Abandon everything. Sell all that you have, give it away. Humble yourself. Be nothing. Love God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength. The opposite of love is selfishness. Don't love to gain, love God because God of who God Is. 

Everything will be added to you.

Abide in these.

Faith. Hope. Charity.

Be honest. Examine yourself. What motivates you? What controls you? What gets in the way of The Truth? Even you. Kill yourself. Die to the world. The only worthwhile is God.

If God isn't that important to you, you have accepted your bribes. You have chosen darkness rather than light. Don't blame God. You have been given freewill. You have made your choice. You have put your trust in what perishes. You will perish with it. Put your trust in The Immortal One. You will live forever with it. Abide in The Truth.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
My humility or lack thereof will not be an excuse acceptable before God when you are before the great judgment seat.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Purify the heart.
How again, exactly?

Abandon everything. Sell all that you have, give it away. Humble yourself. Be nothing.
I'm sure you've done this. Are you naked at a library computer?

Love God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength. The opposite of love is selfishness. Don't love to gain, love God because God of who God Is. 
Describe to me how to love someone. Love isn't a choice.
Everything will be added to you.
Like what?
Abide in these.

Faith. Hope. Charity.
Faith is pretending.

Be honest. Examine yourself. What motivates you? What controls you? What gets in the way of The Truth? Even you. Kill yourself. Die to the world. The only worthwhile is God.
I examine myself every day. I consider it a part of my spiritual practice.
If God isn't that important to you, you have accepted your bribes. You have chosen darkness rather than light. Don't blame God. You have been given freewill. You have made your choice. You have put your trust in what perishes. You will perish with it. Put your trust in The Immortal One. You will live forever with it. Abide in The Truth.
What is the Truth again? Oh yes, I remember now. You don't know.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I am sure God judges us every single moment. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Paul
No, it's not.
This post is proof positive that your previous statement is false.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
This fetish for explanations and understandings will only get in the way of what is really important.
If understanding is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!

Being that you seem to be hinting that you are an epistemological nihilist, it should even be plain to you that this approach is vanity.
Please explain.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
Yes, it would be consistant, since all experiences could be accomodated.
Cool. It's a very interesting platform indeed. Btw, i didn't know you are agnostic. Out of all my years being certain about one platform or another... i think being where i am today (being uncertain) is definitely the most peaceful state of mind i've reached.  
Outplayz
Outplayz
AKA... blindly follow what i say/believe bc it's right. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
I kind of waver between being agnostic and REALLY believing. When i say agnostic, it is only a technicallity. I believe in God at least 95% right now. it changes

I could be a complete lunatic. in fact, i just quit taking my meds, to see how it goes
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
I kind of waver between being agnostic and REALLY believing. When i say agnostic, it is only a technicallity. I believe in God at least 95% right now. it changes
Everyone is technically in the 90% tile even if they don't admit to it. Bc they don't know. They can lie to themselves that they are positive, but then... tell them why are they scared to die then. Most will be... but, should they be scared if they are "100% positive"? In any case, if you sometimes doubt that is perfectly healthy and the more honest you are with yourself it starts to feel better than making yourself believe something you don't know for sure. I personally would say there is like a 70% chance there is some kind of afterlife / extra dimensional type stuff which makes me feel good. But that 30% of not knowing also makes me cherish this life more and feels good in its own way. I don't know... i might be wrong bc i'm guessing no one can be certain... i guess some truly could believe they are. It just doesn't make sense to me how someone can be certain of something they don't know. 

I could be a complete lunatic. in fact, i just quit taking my meds, to see how it goes
Well be careful with that. But you know your body best and i'm sure you'll be able to catch the signs if you need to go back on. I've heard a lot of mystics and gurus talk about how people can control ailments with their minds. So, i don't know... i personally got rid of the most vicious parts of my depression so i kinda wonder now. How much of your mind can you control? I imagine since it is a part of you... you should technically be able to control everything. 

My friend also has a similar health problem and i try to teach him how to shut it off. Although he is totally aware of it and is doing pretty good at not letting it interfere with his life... he's still hard headed about one thing. The voice he hears is "evil" as he says. He thinks it's either a curse or some kind of demon. It torments him by saying evil things. I keep telling him it's not a demon or a curse... or even if it is, that he is stronger so he can kill it. I'm trying to frame his view of it in a different way so he can beat it or at least change the voice. But he is convinced it's a demon. I wonder how much of that conviction also plays a part in the voice being what it is... i'm sorta doing a mini-science experience on him (like the mad scientist i am). I truly think if he can change his perspective of what it is... at least he can change it to something more pleasant.    

janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
Well be careful with that. But you know your body best and i'm sure you'll be able to catch the signs if you need to go back on. I've heard a lot of mystics and gurus talk about how people can control ailments with their minds. So, i don't know... i personally got rid of the most vicious parts of my depression so i kinda wonder now. How much of your mind can you control? I imagine since it is a part of you... you should technically be able to control everything. 

My friend also has a similar health problem and i try to teach him how to shut it off. Although he is totally aware of it and is doing pretty good at not letting it interfere with his life... he's still hard headed about one thing. The voice he hears is "evil" as he says. He thinks it's either a curse or some kind of demon. It torments him by saying evil things. I keep telling him it's not a demon or a curse... or even if it is, that he is stronger so he can kill it. I'm trying to frame his view of it in a different way so he can beat it or at least change the voice. But he is convinced it's a demon. I wonder how much of that conviction also plays a part in the voice being what it is... i'm sorta doing a mini-science experience on him (like the mad scientist i am). I truly think if he can change his perspective of what it is... at least he can change it to something more pleasant.    

It may just be a matter of willpower. 

The voice could be a demon, or part of his own psyche. his shadow.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Outplayz
Yes the world revoves around the pyscopath. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
The voice could be a demon, or part of his own psyche. his shadow.
It could be bc he really believe he does. That's why i also got him to believe the non-dual platform and it's helped more than when he was Christian he says. Bc now he knows how powerful he is. So i'm going that route in trying to help him defeat it. I just really want him to. I hate hearing that it torments him. Do you think he can change the voice he hears... or do you have any suggestions that might help? 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
If you aren't going to believe me, why ask?

Rest in your solipsism if that is what you want.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
No you dont. You just said faith is shit yet you think some God is judging us every second.You want Christianity to be more palitable. That's why you are always comparing the Bible to eastern thought. Yet none if it is rsal. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
If you are an epistemological nihilist, this is an admission that knowledge is meaningless.

Vanity even.

Follows naturally.