New York legalizes infanticide

Author: thett3

Total: 291
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
The state of New York recently passed a law allowing abortion all the way until the end of pregnancy. The process for a late term abortion involves giving a lethal injection to a baby capable of surviving outside of the womb and capable of feeling pain, and then inducing labor so the woman (I will not sully the word mother by associating it with this filth) can give birth to the corpse of the child she murdered. 

Pray for the people of this country. Pray that we repent and pray that if we do not we get what we deserve. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
It gives others more time to talk them out of it.
No.?
No.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I have no issue with choice but I do have issue with waiting until you are due to give birth to have an abortion. Lazy disgusting POS's Guess it's better they still had the abortion. Mother is not something they would be good at. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@thett3
(I will not sully the word mother by associating it with this filth)
A pregnant woman is not a mother until they baby is born-out of the womb.

Fetus/baby is not a viable independent individual until the umbilical is severed and it has taken its first IN-spiried breath and continually does so afterwards.

The "filfth" is those immorals who are constantly trying to stick their noses into a pregnant womans bodys business, without her consent.

Get your nose out of womens bodys and out of your narrow-viewpoint armpit. Please and thank you. Sad :--(

thett3
thett3
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
its especially abhorrent because in many cases the child is viable and the woman is going to go through labor anyway. Yet they still give the baby a lethal injection. Why ensure that the baby comes out dead? Why can’t they be offered up for adoption?
thett3
thett3
-->
@mustardness
I’m assuming you’re a troll, but if you aren’t: please repent. 

I say this sincerely. What you are defending here, the injection of a fetus that could survive outside of the womb with lethal drugs to ensure that it comes out dead when the woman gives birth, is cold blooded murder. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@thett3
Very, very few late term abortions are due to pregnant women changing their mind about having a baby at the last minute. Almost all late abortions are performed for medical reasons.  The old law defines: "conduct which causes the death of a person or an unborn child with which a female has been pregnant for more than 24 weeks." as criminal regardless of medical considerations.

The modified law recognises that sometimes late abortion is medically necessary.  It does not green-light late term abortions 'on demand' - a medical need must exist for abortions beyond 24 weeks.  The wording of the new law permits abortion in the following circumstances ONLY:

"According to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

thett3
thett3
-->
@keithprosser
The legislation provides a further exception to permit abortion at any point during pregnancy if a health-care practitioner deems it necessary for the mother’s life or health — the exception that was defined in Roe companion case Doe v. Bolton as “all factors — physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age — relevant to the wellbeing of the patient.” In other words, abortion will be available to women essentially on demand up to the point of birth. The RHA will also decriminalize abortion, moving it from the state’s criminal code to the public-health code.

Further, what is the medical reason to ensure that a fetus capable of surviving outside of the womb is killed before the woman goes into labor?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
If the women is going to be induced then induce the woman with a live child. Sometimes you have to hold your baby while it dies or they die once born. That is the pain of being a mother. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@thett3
Further, what is the medical reason to ensure that a fetus capable of surviving outside of the womb is killed before the woman goes into labor?
I'm neither a clinician nor a lawyer.

However the new law does not mandate late abortion!  It permits late abortion when it is appropriate, whereas before late abortion was prohibitted under any circumstances.   I don't know what circumstances would justify a late abortion, but are you so sure that there are none?  Possibly you are, but I am always suspicious people who claim to know things.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@thett3
If a foreign invader (embryo) is found inside the borders of your sovereign territory (body) then you have the right to deport them.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL

if a child has 1 parent that is a citizen then that child is also a citizen and can not be deported.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Well, if it's part of the woman's own body (not foreign), then she can do whatever the heck she wants with it.

And, there are no sovereign countries (that I know of) that have "conception" citizenship.

And, there is no uniform standard for citizenship that applies to all sovereign countries.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
my mother was not a citizen, and yet I am.

you can't chose to have a kidney or other organ voluntarily removed even though "it's part of the woman's own body"
thett3
thett3
-->
@3RU7AL
thanks for the brilliant insight, Rothbard
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
my mother was not a citizen, and yet I am.
Like I said.  Different sovereign countries have different rules regarding citizenship.  Sometimes they require both parents to be citizens, sometimes only one parent, sometimes it's automatic based on the geographic location of your birth, and sometimes you have to prove your grandparents were also citizens.  Plus, I'm going to guess that you were actually born, which is a prerequisite to any and all recognition of citizenship.

you can't chose to have a kidney or other organ voluntarily removed even though "it's part of the woman's own body"
I'm quite certain that people donate kidneys and other organs voluntarily every day without being charged with a crime.
thett3
thett3
-->
@3RU7AL
Would leaving a living baby to die be immoral in your book? Surely the mother has no obligation to feed it if she decides not to, right? Since it’s her body and all

Hint: if you have to bend over backwards to justify your own moral philosophy to yourself, it’s probably really dumb and you’ll look back on it in five years and cringe 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm quite certain that people donate kidneys and other organs voluntarily every day without being charged with a crime.

that's very true, and very noble, so if the woman doesn't want the baby she should donate it to someone who does.  or are you going to claim you can have an organ removed and discarded because you don't want it anymore?
thett3
thett3
-->
@keithprosser
yeah I’ll come out and say that there is no medical or moral justification for administering a lethal injection to a viable baby and then inducing labor to give birth to a corpse instead of just inducing labor and giving the baby up for adoption 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@thett3
Would leaving a living baby to die be immoral in your book?
Would deporting an unwelcomed foreign invader to a war zone be immoral in your book?

Surely the mother has no obligation to feed it if she decides not to, right? Since it’s her body and all
Surely the country of residence has no obligation to protect the life of a foreign invader if it decides not to, right?

Hint: if you have to bend over backwards to justify your own moral philosophy to yourself, it’s probably really dumb and you’ll look back on it in five years and cringe 
Hint: if your "pro-life" morality is logically incoherent, it's probably time for you to examine it more carefully.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
We already have the technology to make all fetuses viable outside of the womb using artificial wombs, it just has not gone to the testing stage due to "ethical" concerns...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
that's very true, and very noble, so if the woman doesn't want the baby she should donate it to someone who does.  or are you going to claim you can have an organ removed and discarded because you don't want it anymore?
I would love to see a woman rip her kidney out and cut it up into pieces in front of a dying person. It is her right.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
or are you going to claim you can have an organ removed and discarded because you don't want it anymore?
A lot of people voluntarily have a large portion of their stomach and or intestines removed without donating them to anyone.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@thett3
It's barbaric if it's true, but can you cite NY legalizing abortion all the way until birth?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
We already have the technology to make all fetuses viable outside of the womb using artificial wombs, it just has not gone to the testing stage due to "ethical" concerns...
Ectogenesis solves all moral and practical problems for both sides.
thett3
thett3
-->
@3RU7AL
How is abortion the equivalent of a sovereign state having a border lmao. Answer the question, I assume you adhere to the NAP or some other kind of idiotic libertarian morality. What obligations does a mother have to her children?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
A lot of people voluntarily have a large portion of their stomach and or intestines removed without donating them to anyone.
just because they don't want it?  because it's inconvenient?  I don't think so, unless we are only talking about medical reasons.

thett3
thett3
-->
@Alec
The legislation provides a further exception to permit abortion at any point during pregnancy if a health-care practitioner deems it necessary for the mother’s life or health — the exception that was defined in Roe companion case Doe v. Bolton as “all factors — physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age — relevant to the wellbeing of the patient.” In other words, abortion will be available to women essentially on demand up to the point of birth. The RHA will also decriminalize abortion, moving it from the state’s criminal code to the public-health code.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@thett3
What obligations does a mother have to her children?
now that's an epic question, because if the mother doesn't take care of her child the state steps in and she could be imprisoned, as well as doing drugs or other things harmful to a developing baby LOL the inconsistencies are for real.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
This is the most political non answer I have ever read.