Middle East "GODS"= best HOAX ever !

Author: WisdomofAges

Total: 185
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@ludofl3x
Almost every time I've seen this argued, the pro-god person basically goes to argue from ignorance or incredulity. 
PGA argues that without a god the universe has no meaning or purpose.   I think he is correct, but he infers 'therefore there is a god' but I infer that universe is indeed meaningless and purposeless.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ludofl3x
No idea how it is that atheists and Christians can't understand all gods being able to exist. It's like saying only white people can exist even though that's not the case.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@keithprosser
I know, but isn't that basically argument from personal preference (I don't like that idea so here's a completely unfounded one), incredulity (I can't believe all this happened by chance, that doesn't make sense, so here's something I think makes sense without any evidence as to its necessity) or ignorance (I don't know what made the universe, you don't know what made the universe, therefore I can say whatever I want to did it)? 

No idea how it is that atheists and Christians can't understand all gods being able to exist. It's like saying only white people can exist even though that's not the case.
Aaaaand that ended quickly. There's no evidence or necessity for any god to exist. If you were to say only white people exist, I would introduce you to brown people and you would then re-evaluate your position based on that evidence, rather than simply say "Yeah, but only white people exist though," All the atheist wants is an introduction to any supernatural being that cannot be a result of altered mind states, something undeniable, like the direction from which the sun rises every day. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@ludofl3x
PGA would say if I believe the universe is meaningless, why do i live my life as if it had meaning?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@keithprosser
The answer's the same as mine: it's the only life I get. Plus that question leading to his desired response, "Because God puts meaning in all of our lives," would only lead to more troublesome problems for his perferred god, ergo "What's god's purpose for serial killers, and since they're only serving that purpose, then are they in heaven or hell?" and the like. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ludofl3x
Your not arguing no god exist you were arguing only one god is right. I know you think theists are stupid. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ludofl3x
Why should man be the only species without predators. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Your not arguing no god exist you were arguing only one god is right. I know you think theists are stupid

I'm not saying you are stupid. But please re-read my posts. I'm not arguing any god is right, I'm saying the possibility that all gods are not real has to be included and conquered in order to move forward logically toward monotheism. In order to argue against YOUR position, which as far as I can tell is that every god ever conceived actually exists, I'd have to comb through your evidence for any one of them as being real. You don't ever present anything other than thread farts and vitriol. I've never once, on two different message boards, seen you make a coherent argument for your position. 

Why should man be the only species without predators?
What does this mean? Who claimed that there are no predators of men? Do you know how many animals hunt people? Tigers hunt people in India all the time. One tiger killed 400 people on its own before being killed! Wolves can and do hunt campers in the northern US and Canada. Our ability to master technology, as a natural extension of our advanced ability to recognize and utilize patterns, is why we don't see this as a rampant problem. Are you saying gods exist because they're predators of men? I'd ask you to demonstrate this, but you won't. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ludofl3x
You need to read what you post you frikking idiot. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Here's what I wrote:

The correct starting position has to include the possibility that ALL OF THEM MIGHT BE WRONG. You have to start from zero gods and then figure out why there would be A god in the first place.
Please explain how you got "you're arguing for one god" out of that. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@ludofl3x
Why one God?

It's very simple.

The Ultimate Reality is God.

All other gods are created beings. If they exist at all, it was because of God. They are gods in name only.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
All other gods are created beings. If they exist at all, it was because of God. They are gods in name only.

So you allow for the possibility that more than one god exists? That would seem rather odd: if other gods exist, then the one god must have created them...so then what would have created that one god. OH, I know. He was always there and didn't need a creator. BUZZ. 

Also your Ultimate Reality schtick is essentially saying "because" as the only answer to the question. It's boring and pointless and tired. Either expand the idea or try another angle. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ludofl3x
Or quit the religion forum. Thanks. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
As soon as "The Ultimate Reality" turns from a meaningless string of syllables into what it is those words actually mean when put together, the truth of what I am saying is self evident.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
"ULTIMATE REALITY"   is something YOU will never experience....lost YOU are in a CHURCH PRISON MAZE without an exit

The Parasite Vampire MIND and LIFE moleters of this Ortho CULT have totally infested your neural network...

Somewhere in time .. YOU were "HUMAN"...one of the most extraordinary and versatile life forms of this world....
NOW ...YOU a HYPNOTIZED biological sheeple drone servant of the Ortho Church CULT...

YOU have been effectively reduced to a mindless programmed to OBEY slave drone incapable of independent
thought and reasoning...YOU EXIST TO PROMOTE THE CULT AGENDA of ASSIMILATING weak minded humans
into CULT servitude...

The "ULTIMATE REALITY" for YOU is what the Church Vampires command you to think and do...you exist to serve the CULT

Everything you think and do has been PROGRAMMED by the Church Parasites....24/7 Church/Bible/God ? VOMIT
flows between your ears..a quiet mind is impossible ...everything is measured against the Church DOCTRINE...

you are an extension of the CULT....every word expressed...every thought created revolves around the Church CULT teachings....
you are an empty shell in human form...your PURPOSE is to playback the responses of the Church CULT ...to defend the CULT
mission of assimilation...to argue on behalf of the CULT....The Ortho Church is always RIGHT....they can do no wrong...this
is the DISEASE they fuse into your neural network...OBEY-SERVE-DEFEND...ASSIMILATE....sad indeed....reduced to a pathetic
actor for the benefit of the FEW who own your existence through the CULT Dogma....

YOUR words are empty rhetoric...you have no GOD....no belief in some "Divine Entity" only the Ortho Church CULT...this is 
your GOD...go back to your CULT MAZE....it's to late for YOU....not for others...

Others who are inspired by nature...by living...by curiosity...by possibilities...by the OPEN MIND....none of these attributes 
fit the Ortho CULT Church agenda....they need dumbed down HYPNOTIZED slaves to serve them....the quintessential

..............Ortho Church = CULT = Parasite Vampires for power and control over weak minded humans

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
No, they were not. They do not have the right to take innocent life because they can't restore it. Not only this, what they did was complete and utter evil. There was no mercy or compassion in so many of their actions. God's righteous standard is to live righteously and act justly. They killed many people unjustly, without sufficient cause. 

Please give the sufficient cause to kill all of the Egyptian first born sons (many of which were presumably not involved in enslaving the hebrews but were just kids), directly by a celestial agent.
First, Pharaoh would not submit to God's commands to let His people leave Egypt, over and over again. He knew what would work. Second, any innocent life would be restored by God to a better place. 

After that one, can you explain why god didn't just delete the Canaanites or the Amalekites, and instead commanded the hebrews to do it?
Because He wanted them to understand what trusting in Him was all about. If He said to go in and take the land He would be with them and demonstrate His power through them. Deuteronomy 28 explains His blessing and curses in His covenant with them. 

Not only this, these people that He charged them to remove from the land were evil, practicing child sacrifices and other abominations. His practice with these covenant people was to use them or another nation in the judgment of wrongful actions. 

Or how about the time he told the hebrews to take the women for themselves?
What do you think would have happened to these women in ANE cultures? 

What's the sufficient and just cause for allowing them to be kidnapped and repeatedly raped? 
The chance of the woman's survival was greatly increased by this provision of taking them to their homes.

As for rape, Israel did that against His will, not because of it.  

Are you a divine command theory person in addition to being a presuppositionalist?

I'm not very familiar with it. Are you speaking of the Ten Commandments or the 613 Mosaic laws? Some things God commanded were necessary for justice in the ANE. That culture is different in many ways from ours. Some principles or morals such as "Do not kill, steal, lie, covet, are principles that everyone should obey but we don't, hence humanities inhumanity. 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@keithprosser
Once upon a time, many many billions of years ago, our universe exploded into existence from a singularity for no reason, no intention, no purpose...

It is not a matter of a feel-good religion but what is true
Your point? 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@PGA2.0
I agree with both quotes.

Not my greatest post, I admit!   I think I was called away.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
The book can say what it wants. Adam and Eve are not my ancestors, your god did not create me, your heaven and hell have nothing to do with me.

Your choice but what is it based upon?
All of the evidence available

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
The NT says that one day every knee will bow before Him and every tongue will confess He is Lord.
Proving conclusively that the NT lies.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
I'm not very familiar with it. Are you speaking of the Ten Commandments or the 613 Mosaic laws? Some things God commanded were necessary for justice in the ANE. That culture is different in many ways from ours. Some principles or morals such as "Do not kill, steal, lie, covet, are principles that everyone should obey but we don't, hence humanities inhumanity.
A clear demonstration that your unchanging standard is not unchanging. Carry on.
Are you stoning non virgin brides to death?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
First, Pharaoh would not submit to God's commands to let His people leave Egypt, over and over again. He knew what would work. Second, any innocent life would be restored by God to a better place. 
This is less than genuine. I'm not trying to fall into the trap of arguing god's morality because he doesn't exist, but for real now. From Exodus: "And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them;" Could he not have simply softened Pharaoh's heart? Instead of using his immense power to slaughter children unrelated to this dispute, could he not have simply...freed the Israelites himself if it was his will? Can you point to anyplace in the scripture where egyptian children born centuries before christ were allowed into heaven? Under what condition was that?

Not only this, these people that He charged them to remove from the land were evil, practicing child sacrifices and other abominations. His practice with these covenant people was to use them or another nation in the judgment of wrongful actions. 
He didn't charge them to remove them from the land. They weren't on an eviction edict. Please be honest about your arguments. Here's the verse from KJV: "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

I ask again: is this the only option for an all powerful character? A character that also purportedly covered the earth to the highest peak in water to wipe out his creation. A character that rained brimstone from the sky on one city because they were just sooooo wicked, and one poor guy's wife happened to get turned into salt. 

As for rape, Israel did that against His will, not because of it.  
Did he specifically say "but don't rape them"? How do you know it wasn't his will? And why did the protection of god, all powerful, not extend to this select group of women who he MUST HAVE KNOWN WOULD BE REPEATEDLY RAPED. 

Let's ignore all the problematic bible stuff, because really you're not arguing it honestly or consistently. In short "this was the only way" and "cultures were different" run directly counter to a pair of beliefs you profess to hold: god is all powerful and can do anything, and the bible applies the same today as it did then, even though cultures are different. Let's just move on to a more interesting idea.

Divine command theory, very simply: something is moral because god says it's moral. Thoughts?
WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
Middle East GODS ?   JEW-JESUS-ALLAH ?   all invented...all fabricated from earlier GOD versions 
popular in other Civilizations in the region...

How pathetic....that so many weak minded humans fall for the JESUS and ALLAH God hoaxes....

These mind molested sheeple drones of some Church / Mosque are like dogs in a kennel ....
they are caged in a religious maze without an EXIT...and they want to do the same to others

They want others to accept the horrific OBSOLETE Dogma....not for health and wellness but
for SLAVERY and SERVITUDE 24/7 to the CULTS that trapped them....

SOLUTION....relegate the middle east JESUS-JEW-ALLAH Gods to Mythology...where no more 
harm can be done in their name....they are NOTHING....LIES...DECEIT...tools for SLAVERY...

Free your mind and life from these Parasite Vampires of the Church 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0

First it was Moses begging not your god commanding. Now why would a man who commanded an army of 600,000 men need to beg for anything, they could destroy the Egyptian army in a day and just walk out.Your claim is that billions of unbelievers are in your god's heaven? Do you have any biblical passages that support this claim? Why then become a believer?

WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
There are no GODS....just the illusion of them planted between the ears of genuinely STUPID humans..

For the stupid people who are BRAINWASHED into these Church-Mosque-Temple CULT mazes
why not just kill each other off...and then go to your idiot GOD for a pass into heaven...

If YOU are a JEW----you are condemned by the Christian VAMPIRES and the ALLAH VAMPIRES
If YOU are a MUSLIM....the JEW and CHRISTIAN condemn YOU..
If YOU are a CHRISTIAN...the JEW and ALLAH VAMPIRES condemn YOU

No matter which GOD hoax YOU choose...YOU MUST DIE for choosing wrongly !

SOLUTION....KILL EACH OTHER OFF...so the rest of humanity can THRIVE without 
the Middle East GOD GARBAGE....

Imagine a world without the MURDER and DESTRUCTION caused by the Parasite VAMPIRES
of the JEW-JESUS-ALLAH GOD invented TRASH....

The new generations MUST GET RID OF THESE horrifically OBSOLETE and OPPRESSIVE
CULT/ CONCENTRATION CAMP fake GODS and Dogma attached to them...

Many other Religions and spiritual paths are available without the FEAR and VIOLENCE
promoted by the JEW-JESUS-ALLAH God VAMPIRES....

DUMP THE MIDDLE EAST GODS IN THE GARBAGE where they all came from...
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ludofl3x
You can't expect witchy to explain what are essentially no-brain farts
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ludofl3x

This is less than genuine. I'm not trying to fall into the trap of arguing god's morality because he doesn't exist, but for real now. From Exodus: "And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them;" Could he not have simply softened Pharaoh's heart?
If he'd done that he would have forgone the pleasures of one of his favourite pastimes INFANTICIDE.
WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
Middle East GODS = JEW-JESUS-ALLAH    immediate removal and put into MYTHOLOGY for children's entertainment only....

For children the word "GOD" means NOTHING....sadly children are MENTALLY MOLESTED and BEATEN to the point of stupefied surrender
in the name of JESUS-ALLAH-JEW GOD hoaxes

Wanting to satisfy the Parent or Preacher (parasite Vampire Church psychopath) the child acts like he/she understands but literally is clueless
as are the majority of JEW-JESUS-ALLAH GOD hypnotized sheeple slave drones of some retarded CULT operation....

So the Middle East PARENTS ? and their CULT Church-Mosque-Temple Parasite Vampire drones are desperate to dumb down their kids into
slavery of some incompetent fool prancing around in a Halloween glory Gown costume and himself playing GOD !

This Middle East fake fabricated GOD garbage deserves a dumpster....along with the psychotic retards that promote the CULTS for power and control over truly stupid humans hypnotized into idiot servants of the CULT....all of which are expendable and worthless....

Let the JEW-CHRISTIAN-ALLAH God inventors EXTERMINATE EACH OTHER from this amazing world they HATE so much.....

GO JEW-CHRISTIAN-MUSLIM....get the HELL off this planet and MURDER each other over your idiot GOD Fairy Tales....

Imagine how awesome EARTH would be without these JEW-JESUS-ALLAH GOD Parasite Vampires infesting homes-schools
businesses-government-....no more MURDER over truly retarded GOD fantasy inventions. these morons can kill each other off
the the desert....go now to the SAHARA and exterminate each other in the name of your idiot GOD hoax....

The remaining OPEN MINDED humans will create a truly awesome existence for humanity-Earth-plants-animals without the Parasite VAMPIRE
JEW-JESUS-ALLAH  Dogma and OPPRESSION....

All these 3 JEW-JESUS-ALLAH God parasite vampire Maggots can do is DESTROY each other and spread their DISEASE to others who are to intelligent to fall for their 
CON GAME.....

The only way humans can survive is to IMMEDIATELY RID the JEW-JESUS-ALLAH GODS as the Comic book GARBAGE they truly represent
and forget about it them

Soon these 3 idiot GOD constructs will fall into forgotten....as ZEUS and ODIN have.....good RIDDANCE Jew-Jesus-Allah GOD HOAXES....                                                                                                              

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@keithprosser
Once upon a time, many many billions of years ago, our universe exploded into existence from a singularity for no reason, no intention, no purpose...

It is not a matter of a feel-good religion but what is true

And the point is?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
Logically, only one God can be true for they all contradict each other. I do not see other views of "gods" as logically consistent whereas I see the biblical view of God as logically consistent. 

This raises the yet to see you answer directly. Just so we don't get off track on minutia, let's say that humanity has only been around for 10,000 years. In those 10,000 years, there have been countless cultures and groups, each with many superstitious beliefs and, in almost every case, a belief in unseen gods using their influence to do things like cause cataclysmic earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, droughts, mental illnesses, inexplicable diseases, etc. because we didn't understand the natural causes of these events until the last 500 years (so 95% of human history, VERY generously again, we basically knew nothing about how anything worked). For sake of round numbers, let's say 1000 cultures developed over 10000 years around the world with completely unique views of these forces. Greek gods weren't Egyptian gods, weren't Hindu gods, weren't Norse gods, weren't Navajo gods, weren't Aztec gods. So far good? You're saying these gods can't ALL be the correct ones. I agree!

Except...you don't explain how you separated, through logic, not through your birth into a Christian family, or your indoctrination into a Christian culture, that YOUR god is the one that's right.
Being born into a Christian family does not automatically make you a Christian. 

You've already said you're a presuppositionalist: by this alone, you make an error that screws up your logic.
I use both presupposition and classical or evidential apologetics. My reasoning is that if God created the universe we should find evidence of Him in what He has made.

You start with the assumption that among all of these hundreds of gods, ONE MUST BE RIGHT. I'm never sure why people make this mistake, except that it serves their desired outcome. The correct starting position has to include the possibility that ALL OF THEM MIGHT BE WRONG. You have to start from zero gods and then figure out why there would be A god in the first place. Almost every time I've seen this argued, the pro-god person basically goes to argue from ignorance or incredulity. 
You start with an assumption too. While it is true that all could be false when you examine the evidence I do not think it is a reasonable conclusion. 

There are only one of two starting points (God or chance) that appear reasonable and I believe only one can be logically argued for. I believe when you get into the nuts and bolts the one is insufficient.

If you believe in God the question becomes which one. 

The NEXT question is "How did you figure out this god was the one?" But you can't really answer that one at all (much less with logic) until you've answered the first one.
First, I trusted the biblical God and took Him and His word as true, just like you trust science and scientist as being true (even though scientists changes its views on things).

I reason that without faith it is impossible to believe in God, but I also believe that this faith is a reasonable faith, not a blind or unreasonable faith. I believe atheism is an unreasonable faith. Why is it reasonable to believe this? Because why would I believe in something Someone said if I did not believe they existed? And if you do not seek Him out He will not reward you with truth and insight. 

Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

So, my first step was to trust what the Bible said was true, that this God had revealed Himself. In the process of trusting Him, He has confirmed just how reasonable and true His word is. 

I know you rely on the biblical texts pretty heavily. You're trying to answer how did you decide this book is right, the Hindu books are wrong is not the FIRST question in your logical argument.

I have stated why many times. Prophecy is one reason. When you look at it in light of biblical revelation and history it is most reasonable to believe. If you do not believe so then why not debate which position is more reasonable in a formal debate with me on prophecy? I will draw up one if you are willing.

The first question you have to answer is why should we think ANY of those books, written when people apparently thought hitting sheep with reeds is how you ended up with spotted baby sheep, are true.
Please supply the text and give reasons why you think all Christians would believe your charge it true rather than an act of God to demonstrate He was with Jacob and prospering Jacob at that specific time?