A classic: From creator god ==> Specific God

Author: ludofl3x

Total: 1,007
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@keithprosser
No it's fucking homophobic and if you did any research you would get it fucking tard. And you are a drunk it seems too, bigot. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ludofl3x
Anti theist bigots don't usually get their bull shit hate mongering. 
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
It is reality that I was born of a woman. Am I talking about being born of a woman? No, I am not.
Oh, okay. That clears up a lot. 

?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
So then, can you say that The Ultimate Reality exists?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Not even remotely, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's just this reality. Calling it Ultimate in no way changes it nor does it lead to your version of God. It just adds a word. I've demonstrated this already. Your horse analogy would be useful if the stable didn't ONLY HAVE ONE HORSE IN IT. You don't have a universe full of realities with one Ultimate Reality. You have a stable with one horse in it, you say "the red horse" and I say "it's the only horse." 

Wait, maybe you're asking like when I used to ask my kids if they could say something, like "Can you say spaghetti?" Let me try. The Ultimate Reality Exits. Dammit. The Ultimate Realtor Exists. AGAIN! The Ultimate Relallaby Exeunt. EEEEEEERGH! I guess I can't say it. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
No, it is a stable full of horses.

Obviously.

I am talking about The One Reality. I am not talking about the reality that there are Germans living in Germany, or the reality that many dogs bark, or the reality that it tends to be colder in the winter than in the summer.

So the distinction is not arbitrary.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
I am talking about The One Reality. I am not talking about the reality that there are Germans living in Germany, or the reality that many dogs bark, or the reality that it tends to be colder in the winter than in the summer.

I am beginning to think you're trolling anyone who deals in rational discourse. There is only one reality, it's the one with the Germans and the dogs and the seasons. This is tedious. Let's GRANT for no reason other than I'm tired of reading it that the Ultimate REality exists. How do you know this is the god of your church?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
He doesn't theists are too stupid to know what god or gods they worship. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
Because that is what the church teaches, and one of the purposes of the church is to bring about a realization of this.

But as for me being a troll...

Trolling is a fishing term. Did not Jesus say "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men"?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Because that is what the church teaches, and one of the purposes of the church is to bring about a realization of this.

I'll mark you down as a "no, I cannot get from creator amorphous entity to god I believe in," then. Thanks for trying so hard. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
You certainly have a right to choose delusion over truth. Thanks for not trying at all.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x

I haven't seen this one here, and this place could use a couple of new topics. Unfortunately it seems like there are less theists here than atheists, so I'm not sure about the traffic this place will get.
Here we go:

Let's say we take for granted that the universe is here as it is not because of any natural reaction or coincidence, but instead that it was created by a thinking agent. There is no real rational reason for granting this,
I disagree. What would you expect from a living, thinking, rational, logical Being? You would expect to find reasons for the creation. You find laws of nature that are expressed by mathematical formula and principles that are DISCOVERED, not put there by us thinking it. You would expect to find life coming from life, not from the non-living, as living beings producing other living beings is all you ever witness. You would expect morality to originate from a moral Being. That is just the drop in the bucket. 

at least none I've ever seen argued convincingly here or elsewhere, but let's skip that part, I'm saying, as an olive branch to the believer. It doesn't matter, then, if you subscribe to a big bang cosmology BUT it was started by a thinking agent, or if you think the world was created 10000 years ago. What I'm curious about is how does one justify going from "creator" to any god with a capital G. How, essentially, can you convince someone else that your version of the creator is correct, and by extension your religion is the right one, and theirs is INcorrect, and therefore the wrong one? 

I usually start with one of two arguments for God because I think they are most effective, the argument for morality and the argument for prophecy as a revelation from God. 

I would also argue that the proof for the Christian or biblical God is far and superior to any other worldview, including the atheistic or naturalistic one. 

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@ludofl3x
EASY.....

#1.....YOU !..... yes YOU peasant ......said the Roman Catholic Church Parasite Vampire.....do YOu accept Jesus as YOUR lord and SAVIOR ?
  ..........and do YOU swear to confess that YOU are a "BORN SINNER CRIMINAL" in GOD'S eyes and convert to JESUS and the only CHURCH
of him ?  The Roman catholic CHURCH ?   what SAY YOU ?    

Peasant :   uh, well i kinda like this BUDDHA GUY and his teaching....so NO THANKS....may you find peace and harmony in life.....

.....HERESY...HERESY...the Church VAMPIRE shouted....guards...imprison the HERETIC for trial....as the anti-CHRIST....fast forward to the trial..

The Council has found YOU GUILTY of HERESY....for believing in the demonic cult of BUDDHA....you are to be burned alive at the stake for 
all the people to witness.....you are possessed....TAKE HIM AWAY....and the crowd cheers...HERETIC...HERETIC...BURN HIM...BURN HIM ....

#2 ....YOU there....what tribe are YOU from.....why do you ask ?   DO NOT QUESTION ME..ANSWER....well i am of JUDAH the JEWS.....
.........STOP !   convert NOW and accept ALLAH as YOUR GOD......no i shall not...i am a JEW....SILENCE....Guards ..take this infidel now
and CUT HIS HEAD OFF...it is the WILL of ALLAH !    

the Middle East GOD constructs JEW-JESUS-ALLAH all 3 built on FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE....all FAKE HUMAN INVENTIONS...all
3 GODS spin off each other...all 3 were stolen from other civilizations in the region for thousands of years...they were relegated to MYTHOLOGY
leaving these 3 GOD hoaxes.....absurd....

and what of the FAR EAST GOD/ Divine Entity constructs ?   why not...most are not life threatening...they seek enlightenment and reincarnation
whatever...only the Middle East JEW-JESUS-ALLAH are dedicated to DEATH and DESTRUCTION...to all who do not accept them ?   
What a JOKE it's a NO WIN CON GAME for power and control..nothing more...assimilate and divide...

Why does there need to be some UNIVERSE CREATOR..it's so pathetically HUMAN....humans create humans but prior to human there has to 
be a creator of the UNIVERSE especially in the image of some OLD MAN !    what a JOKE !

Billions of galaxies...trillions of worlds...unknown what lies beyond the 14 billion year bubble burst construct ?   how about a multiverse with billions 
of bubble universes....we are in just 1 bubble...how about infinite dimensions...or that EARTH is a biological ZOO for an advanced species to study
and modify....

it's so pathetic these IGNORANT HUMANS who insist there must be a GOD or their way...the so called UNIVERSE exists...and humans don't even
understand how they...themselves work...PETTY CREATURES....if humans are some kind of genetic modification experiment we are truly a 
HOPELESS FAILURE...so dedicated to exterminating each other over GODS !   none of which are ever present !

Perhaps it is time for the humans to be erased and replaced with a more advanced non violent species....of similar form....the universe does not 
need these pathetic creatures contaminating other worlds...

Mopac
Mopac

Perhaps it is time for the humans to be erased and replaced with a more advanced non violent species....of similar form....the universe does not
need these pathetic creatures contaminating other worlds...

And the truth comes out. The insipid rhetorician is really projecting his own hatred on all those he hates.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
I disagree. What would you expect from a living, thinking, rational, logical Being?

You would expect to find life coming from life, as living beings producing other living beings is all you ever witness.
Therefore your imaginary god cannot be living, well said. From what living being did your god come?
You would expect to find reasons for the creation. You find laws of nature that are expressed by mathematical formula and principles that are DISCOVERED, not put there by us thinking it.
Are you serious, I mean really? The reason your mythical god created the universe is because he wanted to create the laws of the universe? Are you serious? I mean really serious? Your god indulges in meaningless tomfoolery? WOW.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
I usually start with one of two arguments for God because I think they are most effective, the argument for morality and the argument for prophecy as a revelation from God. 
Your first argument is destroyed by all of the IPSS writings you worship.0-1
Your second argument loses all credibility by the prophesy and it's alleged fulfillment existing in a book filled with fiction and fantasy, a book of lies.
I would also argue that the proof for the Christian or biblical God is far and superior to any other worldview, including the atheistic or naturalistic one. 
It is a fact of life that gods are the creation of mankind, they never existed before mankind invented them.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ludofl3x
I am beginning to think you're trolling anyone who deals in rational discourse.
Yes, that's all he does, he did it on DDO and he does it here. Howver, he is a welcome member here as this is the kind of membership the admins are looking for, that's why there are so many of them here and why so many sane people have left. Incompetence rules here.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Maybe I should strive to be more like you, the paragon of competence.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Goldtop
If there was more going on we'd probably ignore mopac- but DA just doesn't have enough activity; so it's either futile quibbling over 'ultimate reality' or watching TV.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
I could always leave. Then everyone go back to circle jerking in their nihilism as they debate sock puppets and children while pretending there is no God.

After all, the general attitude towards God here seems to be anything but that!

I mean what else can I do? I know my warnings will fall on the ears of the deaf, and my attempts to educate will be met with the scoffing and mocking of the self justified.

It probably doesn't help that I actually don't like to debate or argue. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@keithprosser
Notice how your remarks reflect the state of this site, the incompetence it took to get here and the denial and ignorance of those in charge who are under the delusion they know what they're doing? Well said, Keith.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I could always leave.
But, it's not your fault, you can't help it that you're deluded, hateful and one dimensional.

Then everyone go back to circle jerking in their nihilism as they debate sock puppets and children while pretending there is no God.

You're presence here regarding your God has zero influence, while your presence here in general is annoying, repetitious and void of intelligence.

I mean what else can I do?
Turning on your brain and using it would be a good option. Or, has it completely rotted from religion?

I know my warnings will fall on the ears of the deaf, and my attempts to educate will be met with the scoffing and mocking of the self justified.
One could only be educated by you if they were a psychiatrist working on a case.

It probably doesn't help that I actually don't like to debate or argue. 
So, you join a debate site.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
I don't really value your opinion.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
I know my warnings will fall on the ears of the deaf
Oh chicken little we mean no harm, it's just that your warnings come from IPSS and are really stupid.

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
GOD ?  how about Zeus ?

When Egypt was ruled by GREEKS from 300 BC to about 30 BC...the Egyptian GODS were replaced  by ZEUS...

Regardless it is obvious that non GREEKS in EGYPT still worshipped their own GOD versions and probably
went along with the ZEUS construct...did the GREEKS force the EGYPTIANS to convert and accept Zeus using
FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE ?    NO

Furthermore , the GREEKS appreciated this ancient culture and kept much of it intact...UNLIKE THE CHRISTIAN
and ALLAH God Parasite Vampires...when they forced others to assimilate it was always with FEAR-INTIMIDATION
and VIOLENCE and they totally destroyed the existing CULTURE....

for 300 years the GREEKS then ROMANS in EGYPT flourished in the ARTS-SCIENCES-PHILOSOPHY +++

The Christians and Allah GOD psychopath VAMPIRES totally destroyed CULTURE..ARTS..SCIENCES
and OPEN MINDED THINKING....and they continue to this day...

Jesus shows up as this friendly Philosopher among totally dumbed down PSYCHOTIC TRIBAL LUNATICS
who innovated NOTHING....obviously the ROMAN CHURCH knew how to crush the illiterate masses of asses
with FEAR and INTIMIDATION...and the DARK AGES ENSUED for 1400 years...DISGUSTING

The CHRISTIAN and ALLAH God Parasite Vampires are the greatest DISGRACE in human existence
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@WisdomofAges
What about all the other gods you and Mopac don't believe in? 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I don't really value your opinion.
You don't value or care or even read anyone's opinion because you have no morals or ethics.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Goldtop
LOL the irony.
Goldtop
Goldtop
LOL. The stupidity. You block me but you respond to me. Grow up.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Goldtop
Fuck you, bigot.