The time has come

Author: Mopac

Total: 75
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@EtrnlVw
Your tone suggests you might have missed this post. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
I sympathise a lot with Buddism because it appears to be more coherent for our human nature. There are not creatures nor ghosts to be afraid of, and most importantly, it's not hypocrite.

That's cool, although I'm not sure what the last sentence means. For certain (IMO), there exists creatures and spiritual beings outside or transcendent of the physical domain but there is no reason for fear. I've seen spiritual beings as well as what people refer to as ghosts and there was no fear involved. The only thing we need to fear is our actions and the consequences thereof. 
I actually study Buddhism as well, I'd like to spend more time on it though. 

In Buddhism, you understand that emotions, either positive (like happiness) or negative (like suffering), are inevitable and you cant get rid of them. However, it's possible to reduce these feelings by means of meditation so you can feel less the impact, especially the negative ones, which basically make us suffer.

I agree, another way to say it is to practice not using the mind and chasing thoughts and be more present in the moment where you can simply observe without interference of the mind, thoughts or emotions. It's actually the mind that creates a corrupted perception and bad habits which are reinforced through emotion. Meditation is a great tool, it helps the individual learn the distinction between these aspects of ourselves. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@IlDiavolo
Are you familiar with the term "subtle body" in Hinduism and some schools of Buddhist thought? 
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
TRUTH ?  what YOU are really saying...is the BRAINWASHING of the Eckist VAMPIRES wore off and YOU needed a more POTENT
dose of HYPNOSIS "God" PSYCHOSIS to stop the flow of Eckist and Vedandtist VOMIT that still flows through your MOLESTED
MIND.....how utterly PATHETIC....

Just not enough "LOVE" to go around ?  who knows...WHO CARES ?     not YOU obviously.....you can't make up your own MIND
to seek a HEALTHY existence without this idiotic "GOD" garbage.....YOU are totally enslaved by all of this Comic Book GARBAGE..

So where is YOUR idiot "GOD" in all of this transition...?   The ORTHODOX VAMPIRES of the Middle East JEW-JESUS-ALLAH 
"GOD" inventions are the most EXTREME and CLOSED MINDED ZOMBIE SLAVES on EARTH..these are not HUMANS they 
are full on VAMPIRES of the CULT...totally assimilated and without any ABILITY to think and reason beyond what the Parasite
VAMPIRES of the CULT DEMAND......

...That means 7 billion HUMANS are going to HELL....are HERETICS....are unworthy...are "GOD'S" misfits and mutants

Only YOUR Church matters....YOU are a slave drone of these CLOWNS in Halloween Glory Gowns who PLAY GOD...

Sad...very sad indeed....OK...."BORN SINNER"   confess-repent-fall on the floor and shake like an imbecile for the 
CLOWN in the GOWN that owns your MIND and LIFE....

Just imagine your HEAVEN filled with HYPNOTIZED BRAINWASHED sheeple drones like YOU for eternity !  YOU can HAVE IT !
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@EtrnlVw
That's cool, although I'm not sure what the last sentence means. For certain (IMO), there exists creatures and spiritual beings outside or transcendent of the physical domain but there is no reason for fear. I've seen spiritual beings as well as what people refer to as ghosts and there was no fear involved. The only thing we need to fear is our actions and the consequences thereof. 

When saying creatures and ghosts I was referring specifically to God, the devil, the angels, and the like.

By the way, have you seen spiritual beings? Are you sure it wan't a sort of hallucination or dream? I usually see "things" but only in dreams and when I dream awake. When I'm totally awake I see nothing.

Are you familiar with the term "subtle body" in Hinduism and some schools of Buddhist thought? 
No, I've never seen that. It looks a bit complex.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@IlDiavolo
So, you're telling me the commandments are not meant to be kept, they are optional. Is it that?
No. I am saying that the faith is not about following a set of rules, which will not in itself save you. it is about "charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned", "To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.", "to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God."

Love is not an emotion? For God's sake, read again what you just wrote. 
Not the kind of love Christianity teaches, which is...

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there isknowledge, it will vanish away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away."

This type of love is not an emotion.

Dispassion is another way to say "refrain our emotions". Buddhism also teaches dispassion as a way to the enlightment, but this is not by any means take control over our emotions. We cannot control our emotions or how we feel. If someone hurts us, we hate or despise at least this person because it's a natural response.

Disspassion alone will not get you to enlightenment. The disspassion is not an end in itself. Otherwise, I am sure there are drugs that will do that can bring about enlightenment! Of course not.

Yet, dlthe passions get in the way of loving The Truth, and they get in the way of loving others, who were made in the image of God. As this is the case, those who truly worship God in spirit and in truth find that themselves at variance with their passions. To say that God cannot help someone in these sort of things is contradicted by thousands of years of monasticism in the church, and the millions of martyrs and saints who were tortured to death while forgiving their persecuters and being steadfadt in their witness.

I suppose what you are really saying is that for someone to  less those who persecute them is a supernatural thing, eh?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Here is Christian love apparently.

26 If any man cometh unto me, and hateth not his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted

It is certainly right to hate the way our relationships with others can hinder our total dedication to The Kingdom of God, which takes precedence even over family ties.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
And that's what you claim love is? I'm not surprised then that you call your god love.
You aren't capable of discerning the difference between love and hate.
Your beliefs are abominations.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Actually, something about believing that human beings are made in the image of God somehow makes it a lot easier to love people, even when they are total wankers.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
And here is your truth.

You aren't capable of discerning the difference between love and hate.

26 If any man cometh unto me, and hateth not his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

It is certainly right to hate our relationships with others
No, it's demanded that you hate others.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Yet that isn't what the church teaches, neither is it what Jesus taught. He told us to love others as he loved us. 

Which if you haven't read, was unto death. When he died because people like you demanded his execution, he said "forgive them, they know not what they do".

But I understand that you will say anything and everything to justify your rejection of The Truth. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
He told us to love others as he loved us. 
Oh yes LOOK:
We can plainly see who rejects the truth and it isn't I.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
Please don't go pal. 

Lent . 
I like to picture your lord i mean our lord looking over us and seeing a group of people doing funny shlt at certain times. 
Like the fasting thing the jews and Muslims do , well YOU HAVE TO KNOW , YOU HAVE TO KNOW JESUS LOVES THAT SHlT. 
He likes it when you don't eat for him, I'm talking like he must be rubbing his nips whilst you lot do funny things for him.

I mean, picture god on palm Sunday. Seeing millions of people carrying palm leaves.  
HE LOVESSSSSSSS THAT SHlT.
LOVES IT. 
Its how gods roll. 
I mean it's only common sense god likes it right ?

Once again, I'll get you to picture your god with lets say a smirk across his face,  when you guys do the freaky things you have your god make you do. 
And a 5
And a 4
And three 
And a two and one. 

Well he must like it a lot.

Love you mopac. 
You do good for team orthodox. Your my second fave opposing player in this here game *Religion*..... 2019 edition.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
He likes it when you don't eat for him
The universe is a billion light years froms side to side, it has a trillion galaxies each with a billion stars.   Super novae explode,galaxies collide and solar sytems are swallowed up by black holes... but all he really cares about is someone putting sugar on their pancake in Arnold, Nebraska. He hates that.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
@Deb-8-a-bull
There is really more than an arbitrary reason to do these things such as fasting. It isn't about pleasing God through fasting, it is about building things like temperance, resisting temptation, and always keeping God in our thoughts, because man lives not by bread alone but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. That word is Jesus Christ.

The faith is kind of like a rocket ship. This outward things like the bells, the incense, and all that are kind of like the booster rocket that propels the cockpit into space. After passing a certian point in the atmosphere, the booster rocket breaks off.

The problem with those who don't get orthodoxy, and that even includes Christians, is that they think the whole faith is about the bells and incense. There is a much deeper and a much richer mystical tradition that underlies the whole thing.

And that booster rocket serves a purpose. It is a good thing. We are not going to get rid of it because people who don't understand the point of it make fun of it.

WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
 MOPAC SAYS >>>>>>>>

Not only do I believe what I am saying is true, I believe it gives greater dignity to mankind. 

Scriptures are The Church's to use and interpret, not you. We know what we believe, and it is that God is not a created thing. The Ultimate Reality is God, and this is by definition not something that can be created in man's image.

And though you have a right to be wrong, this isn't really up for debate. There can be no doubt about this.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WOA = the TRUTH..........Look at that unprecedented "IDIOTIC" response......."SCRIPTURES are the CHURCH's to USE...not >>>> YOU !

Well there you have it folks ...right from the CULT sheeple slave drone's pathetic atrophied and horrifically MOLESTED brain...

THE CHURCH !  ????   the CHURCH is a human fabricated construct...the CHURCH Mopac is referring to is a total PSYCHOTIC
Mind and Life MOLESTING CULT....the CHURCH (cult)  IS NOT a 'GOD" but the parasite VAMPIRE leaders ACT LIKE A "GOD"

The "Mopac" CULT slave drone has validated his HYPNOTIZED and BRAINWASHED state of existing...to OBEY and serve the CULT
not some idiot boy toy "GOD" hoax (Jesus) invented by the Roman Catholic CULT VAMPIRES....so says the CHURCH

All this FOOL does is hide behind the CHURCH (cult) facade....the CHURCH says this...the CHURCH says that...OBEY THE CHURCH

SCREW the GOD !  the CHURCH is GOD .......disgusting....how SAD...how utterly pathetic for any HUMAN to relegate their EXISTENCE
to some Parasite mind and life MOLESTING Church CULT VAMPIRE....Mopac is no longer human...just another ZOMBIE SLAVE of the
VAMPIRE CULT....OBEY FOOL ...fall to the floor and shake like the trained dog IMBECILE your Church CULT has conditioned YOU into..

Beg...BEG like a DOG to YOUR CHURCH...CULT...that they do not CONDEMN YOU .....OBEY....repent-confess-sinner....YOU owe the 
CULT your very existence....PRAY...

What a disgrace to all of HUMANITY that is FREE and OPEN MINDED to choose how they LIVE without the lunatic Church CULT
Parasite VAMPIRES Mopac is chained to a wall in a cage by....
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@IlDiavolo
By the way, have you seen spiritual beings? Are you sure it wan't a sort of hallucination or dream? I usually see "things" but only in dreams and when I dream awake. When I'm totally awake I see nothing.

No sir, clear as day I do not hallucinate ever and I barely remember my dreams nor have I ever been on any form of medications to boot. I was wide awake and clearly saw them. I've had a few lucid dreams but no, I'm talking wide awake jack.
Remember though as I was saying before, the soul has several layers that confine its experience to a particular plane of existence and can have experiences through any one of those layers. With an NDE the person is forced to observe it because they temporally leave the physical body but it can be practiced before death to observe the reality beyond the physical sense perceptions. This is where soul travel makes an interesting entry. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Mopac
No. I am saying that the faith is not about following a set of rules, which will not in itself save you. it is about "charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned", "To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.", "to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God."
You're dodging the question. Are the commandments optional or do they need to be kept? Simple as that. I could do the same question regarding baptsim, for example.

The bible is full of rules.

Not the kind of love Christianity teaches, which is...

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there isknowledge, it will vanish away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away."

This type of love is not an emotion.
Is it that difficult to say "I was wrong"? You behave like a non-Christian. Be more humble, please. Besides, the passage you are bringing up confirms love is an emotion, a feeling. Period.

If you fall in love with what the bible says and the type of God represented in there, that's fine. But never, ever, tell us that you can love the neighbor because it's bogus. Kant (the philosopher) used to say that "love is a matter of feeling but not of willing... so a duty to love is an absurdity". Likewise, Russel (another philosopher) used to think the same way, among other philosophers. You can't force anyone to love.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@IlDiavolo
You say I am not being very Christian, but your username literally means the devil.

I don't respect you.

And with that, you are dismissed.

disgusted
disgusted
et
I'm talking wide awake jack.
Just as the man who claims to be Napoleon.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You say I am not being very Christian, but your username literally means the devil.

I don't respect you.

And with that, you are dismissed.

TRANSLATION
I can't answer so I'll blame your screen name for running away.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
I did give an answer, but if someone is really only trying to trap me in my words, they are not going to be satisfied with the truth.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
If you really wanted people to be receptive to your message, maybe you should have changed your dogmatic and absolutist attitude. You can't get through to people when you've committed yourself to a pattern of behavior doomed to only drive people away.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
And you pack your diapers in the face of a screen name and run away in faux victory. Huzzah.
Being afraid of being trapped in your words is an admission that you are not being truthful, running away is all you've got.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
It's really a pity that Mopac has blocked me. That only shows that he is intolerant as many fanatic religious people.

I would also like to make it clear that I gave solid arguements to refute his posts and by any means I didnt' want to make a fool of him.
WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
and that image is of a young white guy nailed to a CROSS !   great FOOL !  why don't you join him and get crucified today !
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
There can be no compromise in The Truth.

They do not reject me, they reject The Truth. 

Prophecy makes it very clear that what I am getting here is to be expected. If I was a perfect person who never erred, the response would be the same.

The problem is not me.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
Prophecy makes it very clear that what I am getting here is to be expected.
You will see from Mopac's response that he is here because some Christians seek to be mocked and ridiculed for their faith.   It is a way to demonstrate their faith that they don't waver.  

Jesus suffered, and there is a tradition that being a Christian involves suffering and being persecuted.  It is very biblical, supported by many verses, such as Rom 5:3-4 "We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." and 1 Pet 3:14 "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.”"