Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
It really goes deeper than that.

We suffer for the sake of The Truth.

Because we know The Truth is Salvation.

The Truth is rejected. Those who reject The Truth place their faith in lying vanities, and thus forsakes their own salvation.

What am I doing? Giving good news to those who believe, and a warning to those who reject. To those who reject, you are making a very big mistake.

And fewer things fortify one's faith like seeing how people reject The Truth. If it was not even known that I was a Christian, people would still reject The Truth. I know, because I have done many experiments that have proven this very conclusively to me.

Besides that, what have I been saying this whole time?

Love The Ultimate Reality in Spirit and in Truth. Not through the acquisition of facts, trivia, and knowledge, but through the purifying of one's heart, mind, and intentions. Through the cleansing of the nous.

How can there be any doubt that this is true religion? Yet every one of you prefer your darkness to the light. To your own condemnation, and one that you bring on yourselves. Do not blame God, who has given you many warnings and has freely offered salvation to all those who turn to Him. 

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Mopac
If you really wanted people to be receptive to your message, maybe you should have changed your dogmatic and absolutist attitude.
There can be no compromise in The Truth.

They do not reject me, they reject The Truth. 

Prophecy makes it very clear that what I am getting here is to be expected. If I was a perfect person who never erred, the response would be the same.

The problem is not me.
"I refuse to change my dogmatic and absolutist attitude."

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Prophecy makes it very clear that what I am getting here is to be expected.
You will see from Mopac's response that he is here because some Christians seek to be mocked and ridiculed for their faith.   It is a way to demonstrate their faith that they don't waver.  

Jesus suffered, and there is a tradition that being a Christian involves suffering and being persecuted.  It is very biblical, supported by many verses, such as Rom 5:3-4 "We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." and 1 Pet 3:14 "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.”"
Christianity can definitely manufacture some massive martyr complexes.

As for why Mopac is here, I can't claim knowledge. I find your assessment compelling, but uncomfirmable.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I really worry about the mental health of people who frequent this forum-section.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
This:
You say I am not being very Christian, but your username literally means the devil.

I don't respect you.

And with that, you are dismissed.

You claim is an answer to this:
Is it that difficult to say "I was wrong"? You behave like a non-Christian. Be more humble, please. Besides, the passage you are bringing up confirms love is an emotion, a feeling. Period.

If you fall in love with what the bible says and the type of God represented in there, that's fine. But never, ever, tell us that you can love the neighbor because it's bogus. Kant (the philosopher) used to say that "love is a matter of feeling but not of willing... so a duty to love is an absurdity". Likewise, Russel (another philosopher) used to think the same way, among other philosophers. You can't force anyone to love.
Oh dear, you can't do anything but lie. BTW if you can be trapped in your words then you are obviously not being honest in your words.

disgusted
disgusted
loony
Nurse will be around with your meds soon.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
I do not feel a lack of humility for rejecting the false accusations of the devil.

But a wise teacher of mine would always say, "There are two types of Christians. Those who struggle with pride issues, and those who are in denial about struggling with pride issues."

I must have a little bit of pride to be here to begin with, eh?

And that is why you don't see many good Christian debaters around here. You only get the prideful. Not our best.

If you wanted something more edifying, you would have to humble yourself. Show some real charity.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
This is not a response to my post, it is as usual you spewing your indoctrinated meaningless nonsense. Do try to converse and not preach your indoctrination, independent thought defeats indoctrination constantly without fear.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Passions defile the intellect, and what influences us compromises our integrity in the truth. It is not written in vain, God gives grace to the humble, but resists the proud. 

You will hear nothing from me but nonsense.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
WE here nothing from you but nonsense because that is all you have.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
You will hear nothing from me but nonsense.

Mopac
Mopac
Pascha for us is on April 28th this year.

I will not likely be on the forums tomorrow, so this may be the last day to communicate to me through this medium.

I may not come back after Pascha, so if anybody is interested in keeping contact with me, I suggest sending me a private message.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Don't let the door hit your arse on your way out.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
MOPAC SAYS:

I love the image of God that we are all made in, and that is what it means to be a human. That is how I can look past that which defiles this image

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
and the TRUTH IS :

And the image of "GOD" is some little old CHINESE guy....in a very plain white Tunic using a Bamboo cane .......all praise "GOD" and fall on the
floor in his presence....   !   

Is this the image of the "GOD" hoax you are always VOMITING over ?   

or is it the classic WHITE YOUNG MAN nailed to a cross like the one in Roman Catho-HOLIC Churches  looking down on his pathetic
human creation that set him up to be executed !   how nice of his mentally disturbed human creation to think so highly of "GOD".....

Why don't YOU trade places with your "Jesus hoax" and hang around the VATICAN to inspire all of those righteous Catholic Vampires
to stop assimilating weak minded humans into their OPPRESSIVE CULT  and convert them to OBEY YOUR fake Church CULT

Look ! ....they will shout at your presence on the cross.......IT"S GOD !   ...that's right folks....MOPAC is "GOD"......all must repent..confess...OBEY                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Announce to the world "GOD" has returned..."MOPAC" is "GOD" .....and now MOPAC will tell the people he "GOD" has returned to SAVE humanity !

Just like Jesus was doing in his time....so MOPAC go now to ISRAEL and announce that YOU are "GOD"  !  let the ORTHODOX JEWS (Haredi)
know their "GOD" = MOPAC is here....same for the Christians and the Muslims in the HOLY CITY.....I MOPAC....am "GOD"  

Certainly all will see you as the TRUTH...THE WAY...and the LIGHT.....MOPAC  "GOD"  0f   Gods has returned to his human creation !
Oh right, don't forget to bring your version of the Bible Comic Book and Dogma all WILL OBEY.....or you will send them to HELL...

All praise "MOPAC" God of GODS !   

NOW for the real "TRUTH"....mopac is nothing more than a HYPNOTIZED and BRAINWASHED sheeple drone of some CULT cloaked as
an ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHURCH...and just like all the other "GODS" mopac invented himself to be one ! 

as did the Jesus boy "GOD" hoax in his time...and for Jesus. LIES and DECEIT about being the Messiah
...his Jewish tribe had Rome MURDER him !   then later ROME made him a GOD and all the other GODS
became extinct ......so like JESUS....MOPAC invented himself into a "GOD" because he said so ..just like
Jesus did !  all KNEEL....and beg for salvation from the new GOD   "MOPAC"   

8 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
I hope your Lent is spiritually strengthening for you.