Friendship ended with Drumpf. Now: Andrew Yang is my best friend

Author: thett3

Total: 186
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
building robot parts, basic robot cleaning and maintenance; that could be the ultimate answer to your question of 'what do the dumb ones do?'
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
This is actually a very good point. To focus on one strand of your point: In the near future, we're going to have technological advances make manual labour obsolete. 

For example, for the people with I.Q. lower than 81, which prevents them from joining the military (wherein the military wants as many people as it can possibly get -- sub 81 I.Q. are too stupid for some of the most desperate employers), what are they going to do? They're too stupid to do even the easiest of jobs requiring a very basic mental capacity, and so if manual labouring jobs were to go, where do they go?
Yeah you can actually already see this process. For most of human history there would’ve been basically unlimited demand for extremely low skilled labor such as “take this sack of flour and carry it from point A to point B.” A lot of the jobs we think of as “low skill” like driving a truck, working a cash register, or chopping sheet metal that could be easily automated aren’t actually all that low skilled (I don’t think someone with an IQ of 75 could do most of them.) Truly low skilled jobs, where anyone with a set of hands and an ability to follow the same number of instructions as a dog can, are mostly gone. I think automation will bring with it a lot of spin off jobs but not very many low or medium skilled ones and I don’t know what’s going to happen if we get to the point where your 100 IQ average joe can’t do anything

This is not going to be effective. People, in general, care far more about their racial collective, than they do their country. People aren't going to vote for him purely because he's Asian. The U.S. is never going to be united because people's inherent racial bias towards their own kinds takes precedence.
Yes and no...I don’t think it’s possible for a multi ethnic society to ever get as unified and as high trust as 1950s white America was, but the US isn’t really that much more diverse than it was 10 years ago but race relations have gotten way worse because of this insane culture war. Yang even pointed out in his interview with Joe Rogan that to much of the Democratic Party if someone is a white man it’s like their suffering doesn’t matter. I don’t think things have to be that way although there will always be some level of conflict and resource competition between groups 
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@thett3
I don’t know what’s going to happen if we get to the point where your 100 IQ average joe can’t do anything
"Idle hands are the devil's tool."

Yes and no...I don’t think it’s possible for a multi ethnic society to ever get as unified and as high trust as 1950s white America was, but the US isn’t really that much more diverse than it was 10 years ago but race relations have gotten way worse because of this insane culture war.
I don't think it's culture causing this. I think culture is a smokescreen for the race war taking place, because people don't want to appear simple-minded or "racist" (lol). That's why you can have 97% of Black Conservatives voting Democrat in the 2012 General Election, because a Black man was the candidate. That's why you have Black Conservatives believing that the U.S. was spending too much on Blacks, and that the Republican party helps Blacks more than the Democrats, and yet still voting Democrat.

Clearly, conscious conceptions of culture aren't causing these outcomes.

Yang even pointed out in his interview with Joe Rogan that to much of the Democratic Party if someone is a white man it’s like their suffering doesn’t matter. I don’t think things have to be that way although there will always be some level of conflict and resource competition between groups 
If you're white and male, you have the hindrances of: (1) flagrant racial hatred (https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/915), (2) a neutered sense of racial solidarity (thus diminished group identity bargaining power), and (3) being seen as a human doing, rather than a human being, due to the sexual dimorphic implications of being a man. Hence, due to being part of some of the weakest bargaining groups, it's little wonder why the world is indifferent to your suffering.

Besides, in regards to being White, it's not just that "there will always be some level of conflict and resource competition between groups". More accurately, this is the main game being played, and if you're off in the world of forms with "the free market" or "freedom of speech", you are losing this race war. Sure, some people are capable of thinking the big-brained ideas, but the reality is that race is the primary personal identifier for most people, and they'll argue in favour of their in-group, even if they consciously agree with your big-brained ideas or if their logic is shown hypocritically inconsistent.

thett3
thett3
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Besides, in regards to being White, it's not just that "there will always be some level of conflict and resource competition between groups". More accurately, this is the main game being played, and if you're off in the world of forms with "the free market" or "freedom of speech", you are losing this race war.

This is definitely true, the team that shows up is always going to win the game. I'm almost glad that the left has overplayed their hand to the extent they have with the anti-white stuff because it makes it clear what's happening. Whites are an interesting case because in some ways you can contribute our behavior to the overwhelming pressure of mass media brain washing for the past half century but I think it's more complex than that as well. When liberal whites talk about how much they hate white people they aren't talking about themselves. Too bad they're too stupid to realize that their vote for Bernie isn't going to save them if they're ever in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't really disagree with a lot of what you say, racial/ethnic groups have interests and they're going to pursue those even if its to the detriment of the society at large...it's why a multi ethnic society without a clear majority is something that should be avoided if possible. In the case of the United States it isn't something that can be avoided. So I'm more interested in finding out how we can manage this. For example, while there will always be conflict, you don't have to exacerbate it by telling black people that all of their problems are whiteys fault. And while there will always be racial prejudice, there will also be people (like Yang) who are capable of looking past it and viewing other groups with compassion. There's a sane way to govern a multi racial society and we aren't doing it.

I don't think I can put into words how refreshing it is to hear someone talk about the fact that 500,000 white people needlessly died "deaths of despair" in the past decade, or talking about who the opioid epidemic is really hurting, especially as a white person with family whose lives have been destroyed by prescription pain killers. Even Trump, the avatar of working class white America, is too much of a pussy to say it...Yang is sticking his neck out for people who are suffering even though he doesn't have to.
thett3
thett3
calling it: this thread is the Trump Triumph '16 thread of the 2020 cycle
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
That's not possibly accurate. Even if the underdog-win element of that is true, this pigheaded joke in power won't be a remote equivalent to what Andy will be.
thett3
thett3
Yang Gang 2020
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
could you elaborate? I'm not sure which part of my post you're referring to
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
The person the thread's about, yeah HUGE difference other than being an underdog candidate.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
oh yeah Trump and Yang are totally different in so many ways...but you would be surprised how many people who were early supporters of Trump (like me) are now churning out #YangGang memes
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
idiots will be idiots, whether for good or evil. Don't let the sheep confuse you to think there is similarity where there isn't.
thett3
thett3
I started supporting Trump in July of 2015, less than a month after he declared he was running. For all his faults he offered a way out of globalist neoliberalism. But he's clearly failed to fundamentally change the system, through the total opposition of the entire political and media structure, the judiciary and entrenched bureaucrats, and of course through his own errors.

Yang offers another way out, one I don't necessarily support but anything is better than this slow bleeding. I will enthusiastically support him for the democratic nomination as long as he is running.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I don't think you understand that people like me hold a one world liberal nation as utopia.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
Early online Trump supporters (the kind who make memes) were overwhelmingly downwardly mobile young white men who came from the middle or working class. While they are advocating very different policies and are very different people, Trump and Yang are both appealing to this same group.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Is it doxxing to say you blatantly fit the demographic of the sheep then?
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
No, it's no secret that I'm white and middle class
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
Sooo that makes you a leftist liberal sheep?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
I decided to censor myself and agree with you.
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@thett3
This is definitely true, the team that shows up is always going to win the game. I'm almost glad that the left has overplayed their hand to the extent they have with the anti-white stuff because it makes it clear what's happening.
Yeah it's the 2nd best case scenario, in that the only better case one is not having Whites brainwashed with what is akin to mental disease (i.e. seeing group identity politics as archaic or beneath them).

Whites are an interesting case because in some ways you can contribute our behavior to the overwhelming pressure of mass media brain washing for the past half century but I think it's more complex than that as well. When liberal whites talk about how much they hate white people they aren't talking about themselves. Too bad they're too stupid to realize that their vote for Bernie isn't going to save them if they're ever in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Yeah, you're right. These liberal Whites don't see themselves as the Whites they are criticising, because they've either taken off the race glasses or no longer identity as White. They might literally think that races exist, too (or that it's just a skin colour).

I don't really disagree with a lot of what you say, racial/ethnic groups have interests and they're going to pursue those even if its to the detriment of the society at large...it's why a multi ethnic society without a clear majority is something that should be avoided if possible. In the case of the United States it isn't something that can be avoided. So I'm more interested in finding out how we can manage this. For example, while there will always be conflict, you don't have to exacerbate it by telling black people that all of their problems are whiteys fault. And while there will always be racial prejudice, there will also be people (like Yang) who are capable of looking past it and viewing other groups with compassion. There's a sane way to govern a multi racial society and we aren't doing it.
I'm not convinced it's governable at all, hence our current state. I mean, I could dig up data that shows even when Blacks agree that the U.S Liberal party does too much for Blacks, or that Blacks would be better off with a Republican government, and yet THEY STILL vote for Obama because he's Black.

The problem you're falling into is that you're taking humans as rational creatures. You probably see people like Yang and Peterson, and then believe that there is hope for rational debate. These people are the exceptions. 4/5 Millennial Blacks put race as an important personally identifier. Hell, even bloody millennial Whites have race as the most important personal identifier, despite the torrid brainwashing you've seen. Nationality and Ideology are distant 2nd and 3rd places (expect for perhaps Whites). Race is a wickedly important facet in politics -- racial group-identity IS politics.

Happy to show sources to support any of the above points (didn't because it's haphazard to do so).

I don't think I can put into words how refreshing it is to hear someone talk about the fact that 500,000 white people needlessly died "deaths of despair" in the past decade, or talking about who the opioid epidemic is really hurting, especially as a white person with family whose lives have been destroyed by prescription pain killers. Even Trump, the avatar of working class white America, is too much of a pussy to say it...Yang is sticking his neck out for people who are suffering even though he doesn't have to.
Firstly, he's a politician. As to whether he cares about the issue is another question.

Secondly, I suppose it's so refreshing to just hear someone talk about the issues of Whites. Considering the woeful political climate for Whites, this is quite the improvement. However, I think this is the political equivalent of a participation prize. I don't want White's problems merely being talked about. I want them resolved.

Lastly, I think even you know that Yang isn't going to win: he's Asian (not a racial majority in the U.S), he doesn't appeal to emotion enough, and his points, whilst seemingly valid, are too dry for the average person to understand/care about (people rarely have the time/I.Q. to process much more than appearances and feelings).

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Earth
Earth
-->
@thett3
Because you are easy to bully.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
The problem you're falling into is that you're taking humans as rational creatures. You probably see people like Yang and Peterson, and then believe that there is hope for rational debate. These people are the exceptions. 4/5 Millennial Blacks put race as an important personally identifier. Hell, even bloody millennial Whites have race as the most important personal identifier, despite the torrid brainwashing you've seen. Nationality and Ideology are distant 2nd and 3rd places (expect for perhaps Whites). Race is a wickedly important facet in politics -- racial group-identity IS politics.

True, but look at how those statistics have changed in the past decade or so. Liberals took a SHARP left turn on racial issues, and we're in the middle of that purity spiral right now. I'm not sure how long the current racial narrative can last because a lot of it is just objectively not true (for example, liberal whites rating white people and christians as more violent than black people.) I think a lot of the current behavior on the left is defensive in nature as their narrative is coming apart pretty rapidly as the pre civil rights era fades further and further into the past. The civil rights movement, WWII, and the holocaust are the founding myths of progressive ideology and all of these things are fading from living memory quite rapidly. It's really really tough to say but I don't see this current era lasting. Millennials as a generation are a complete mess though, so who knows. 

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but the most important thing you can do to minimize the politics as a proxy for racial conflict is to reduce the stakes of politics. So when I say there's a sane way to govern a multi racial society, what I mean is that we need to just accept the fact that large parts of the American southwest are majority hispanic now, and that they don't necessarily need to be governed the same way as a 90% white state like Iowa. Decentralization is the key...the problem is that as this stuff is rapidly comes to a head people have less and less incentive to give up power whenever their group attains it. And as Yang points out, add some economic instability with the demographic changes and you have a recipe for some very rough times. I have no idea why we are importing tens of millions of people into the Western world to do jobs that may not exist in a few decades

kinda a rambly post but w/e
thett3
thett3
-->
@Earth
idk what post youre replying to, but ok
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
Blumpf is finished now, Yang's platform is patronage for the NEETs
Earth
Earth
-->
@thett3
idk what post youre replying to, but ok

Post 17. Mostly tongue in cheek though. I heard good things about Yang though.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Earth

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
I will gladly promote the most chaotic person for president, Yang in this case.

The last 3 years has shown that the Congress does not work anymore and can't be fixed. The country will have to survive on fuel additive presidents until the country revolts against the Congress.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
this is basically my position as well