"YHWH" =/= Conservative Politics

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 129
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@3RU7AL
  Is killing everyone over conservatism a Jewish thing?  I don't think so.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
 Is killing everyone over conservatism a Jewish thing?  I don't think so 
The fact that other religions have killed people is moot.

(IFF) the teachings attributed to the "YHWH" are the perfect moral standard (THEN) Numbers 31:17-18 would seem to be seriously problematic.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@3RU7AL
The Messiah has not arrived by Numbers 31:17-18, and this is claimed to be a decree by God.  Before Christ, God hands what may be considered exceptions in our perspective. Take that as you may.  Christians do not necessarily have an expectation of heaven on earth either.  Hopefully I can fill more on that later.

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
So the commands of the Yahweh are inconsistent. This makes determining his politics much more difficult. But at least if we view conservative politics as consistent we can say definitively that the commands of the Yahweh are not directly equatable to conservatism.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
The Messiah has not arrived by Numbers 31:17-18, and this is claimed to be a decree by God.  Before Christ, God hands what may be considered exceptions in our perspective. Take that as you may.  Christians do not necessarily have an expectation of heaven on earth either.  Hopefully I can fill more on that later.
There are so many different denominations of Jews and Christians it's difficult to keep track.

Are you suggesting that the morality of the "YHWH" is not absolute and unchanging, but is rather context sensitive and custom tailored to fit each specific situation?

Wouldn't this be considered "situational ethics"? [LINK]
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin
So the commands of the Yahweh are inconsistent. This makes determining his politics much more difficult. But at least if we view conservative politics as consistent we can say definitively that the commands of the Yahweh are not directly equatable to conservatism.
We don't determine God's "politics".  There is really no way that I know of to ascertain something like that from our perspective.  Conservatism is a manmade class of ideology with respect to government, culture, and family, so there's that too. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
Then the simple answer to the question originally posted in this thread is that we have no reason to think that the Yahweh supports conservatism and so no connected religious text can be cited as a justification for such politics or political institutions.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
I must admit that I am still curious about your method of determining what any given deity would or would not find disrespectful, your definition of "contingent being" and any demonstration that the Yahweh can or should be excluded from this category.

12 days later

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@3RU7AL
.......New WORLD News.........every since the elimination of the Abrahamic GODS to Comic Book Mythology in 2022 the Middle East has had 
an unprecedented surge in new infrastructure and cooperation among the up and coming generations....never before has there been such
unity and harmony among the people of this region where some of earliest and advanced cultures flourished 6 - 8 thousand years ago...

More excitement is building as researchers are discovering more and more amazing artifacts and information on these amazing ancient 
civilizations...

As the older generations DIE off and take their horrifically OBSOLETE and OPPRESSIVE Comic Book GODS and DOGMA
to the grave with them... a revitalization of the region has occurred in place of the CONFLICT - FEAR - VIOLENCE....which
dominated the region for 5000 years...

These are truly EPIC TIMES as all of HUMANITY has trashed the Abrahamic GOD construct for POWER and CONTROL of the MINDS 
and LIVES of BILLIONS....now that humanity is FREE from the parasite VAMPIRE bondage founded by the defunct Roman Catholic Church
and the MUSLIM Allah God garbage....it's like a perpetual spring time all over the planet...

Live WELL - LONG and PROSPER is the new MANTRA of humanity....a true breath of fresh air now that the HELL on EARTH Abrahamic
JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD are meaningless Mythology and Comic Books for entertainment only...