The Contingencies of gods.

Author: disgusted

Total: 67
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Read the bible, I'm not here to hold your frightened little hand.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

@disgusted Don't look now but the OT is part of the bible and Yahweh is first created in that book. .

Show me where it is in the bible that shows or tells of  "the creation of Yahweh"? as you say. 

Read the bible, I'm not here to hold your frightened little hand.

Yet another unsubstantiated claim. You just so fkn hopeless arn't you.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It's your book of fiction you need to deal with it.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

YOUR IGNORANT QUOTE: "These gods are totally contingent upon the two books written about them"

There are THREE books in question, the Torah, Bible, and Quran.

Your continued religious ignorance is without bounds here on DebateArt!!!

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
I'd guess that without the invention of montheism the commonest system would be henotheism, ie singling out one god from many for special worship while fully acknowledging the existence of other people's gods.

In the modern world it would be like everyone accepting there are (at least) three gods, yhwh, god and allah, all of whom are venerated but (depenun on your tradition) one is especially so.   With montheism comes the idea that only one god is valid and it is wrong to worship anything else.   A polytheistic put look makes it much easier to accomdate the gods of anybody else.

So the old, pagan religions would have carried on.  Being of north european heritage, I'd probably worship the norse gods mainly, but the mythology and doctrine could well hae got mixed with up the gods of the celts and the greeks by now and I'd believe in all of them!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
So answer the question which god would you be worshiping without those two books.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

I am truly getting tired of me having to correct you all the time.  To save face the next time you pose this question, be sure to remember that the THREE Gods in mention are in THREE different books, and NOT TWO BOOKS like you erroneously stated, which are. the Torah, Bible, and the Quran, okay?  I can't be with you all the time when you venture out into other forums to be able to correct your myriad of religious mistakes, understood?

To answer your question, the God I would pick would be the almighty ZEUS, since He is King of All Gods!